College: Marshall

Wizards Bench:

PG Earl Boykins
SG Nick Young
SF Quinton Ross
PF James Singleton
C Fabricio Oberto

Knicks Bench:

Forward- Al harrington, Guard- Chris Duhon, Guard- Toney Douglas, F Bender, J.R. Giddens SG, Eddie House PG, Bill Walker SG

Team Stat Leaders
----NEW YORK----- WASHINGTON
Points D. Lee 20.3 -----G. Arenas 22.6
Rebounds D. Lee 11.5-- B. Haywood 10.3
Assists C. Duhon 6.1 ---G. Arenas 7.2
Steals S. Rodriguez 3.7 -C. Butler 1.4
Blocks J. Jeffries 1.1 ----B. Haywood 2.1

Game Notes:

The New York Knicks and Washington Wizards have already faced off twice in the last four weeks, but each team will have a significantly different look for Friday night's clash.

The Wizards have shown some improvement with a younger lineup, but the revamped Knicks will be trying to snap their longest losing streak of the season as they visit the Verizon Center.

Each team won at home when Washington and New York met twice in five days between Jan. 30 and Feb. 3, but several contributors from those games have since been shipped elsewhere.

The Wizards (20-35) jettisoned their veteran core of Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood before last week's trade deadline as they look toward the future, with emerging forward Andray Blatche and newcomer Al Thornton among the players taking on bigger roles.

Blatche is averaging 24.8 points and 9.8 rebounds and shooting 58.0 percent while Washington has won three of its last five, although his 24 points could not prevent a 99-94 loss to Memphis on Wednesday.

"I've accepted that role," Blatche told the NBA's official Web site. "We are all accepting our roles. We are young and we've got young legs. So we're going to go out and play hard every night. We've got to give the effort. You do that and anything can happen."

A pair of the players Washington got in its trades won't play for the Wizards again this season. Josh Howard tore his left ACL earlier this week and is out for the season, and the Wizards bought out the contract of veteran center Zydrunas Ilgauskas on Thursday before he even made his debut with the team.

Nate Robinson, Jared Jeffries and Jordan Hill were among the players the Knicks dealt last week, moves that give the team more financial flexibility this summer.

New York (19-37) got Tracy McGrady from Houston as the former All-Star tries to salvage the end of an injury-filled season. He's averaging 15.7 points in three games with the Knicks but was held to six in a 110-106 loss to Boston on Tuesday. He missed a 3-pointer in the final minute that would have tied the game.

"Even when I took that shot, I wasn't confident in taking it," said McGrady, who has been limited to nine games this season following knee surgery.

"I'm just trying to get my timing and rhythm back," he added.

Knicks center David Lee had 28 points and 15 rebounds against the Celtics, and newcomer Sergio Rodriguez added 18 points and six assists in his second start with the Knicks, but the team struggled again defensively in its eighth straight defeat.

Knicks opponents are averaging 111.5 points and shooting 50.4 percent from the field during the skid.

"It's hard, just losing," said reserve guard Eddie House, who was acquired from the Celtics last Thursday after helping Boston to the 2008 NBA title. "That's the hard thing. I'm not used to losing. I haven't been on a losing team in quite a long time."

The last time the Knicks dropped nine in a row, from March 19-April 4, 2006, the ninth loss was a 105-90 defeat at Washington.

-Taken from PSD :)

spiegel8

Rookie
After having his first training session under his belt as a knick, expect mcgrady to look more in synch with the team. i'm thinking he'll score 21 points 6 assists 3 boards in 27 minutes.i just get the feeling he'll have a good night for some reason. 3 days of rest should help his knee as well.

jpz17

Starter
After having his first training session under his belt as a knick, expect mcgrady to look more in synch with the team. i'm thinking he'll score 21 points 6 assists 3 boards in 27 minutes.i just get the feeling he'll have a good night for some reason. 3 days of rest should help his knee as well.

Yeah for some reason I think we will kill Washington in this game. Absolutely destroy them

KingCharles34

All Star
This is sorta off topic but i heard the Wizards are having tryouts to join the team...Im tryin to get down to Washington and get myself a contract.

All jokes aside, this should be an easy win...and i also think McGrady will have a good game. I'd like to see the cock rise out of his shooting slump too.

X-FACTOR

Rookie
With a couple of days off and practice w/ the team i hope the new guys will be more in sync w/ the rest of the team and what coach is running and i hope to see a better conditioned TMAC.Get over there and whoop some wiz A**.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
With a couple of days off and practice w/ the team i hope the new guys will be more in sync w/ the rest of the team and what coach is running and i hope to see a better conditioned TMAC.Get over there and whoop some wiz A**.

I hear that, but this of course assumes that Coach D does anything useful in practice, being that they clearly don't work on late game situations! He might be more in sync with the team, but does anyone really know what the coach is running? Also anyone else notice we seem to be under 50% on technical free throws where we can choose our "best" shooters? Ugh, well now that I got my negativity out, yeah I agree the extra rest and practice session should help, and I think the Wiz are ass right now, although Magee is a good athlete and I like Thornton. Also Mike Miller and Nick Young will probably light it up seeing that my life sucks. Bummer Howard is hurt they'll hafta find someone else to sing the anthem

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I hear that, but this of course assumes that Coach D does anything useful in practice, being that they clearly don't work on late game situations! He might be more in sync with the team, but does anyone really know what the coach is running? Also anyone else notice we seem to be under 50% on technical free throws where we can choose our "best" shooters? Ugh, well now that I got my negativity out, yeah I agree the extra rest and practice session should help, and I think the Wiz are ass right now, although Magee is a good athlete and I like Thornton. Also Mike Miller and Nick Young will probably light it up seeing that my life sucks. Bummer Howard is hurt they'll hafta find someone else to sing the anthem

LOL

Don't count on it. d'antoni will never learn.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
hmm 63 wins in his resume.. hmmm

The same way I said Kiya hates D'antoni to much, you suck his cock to much.

D'antoni needs to make better end game situations, how bout running a play for David Lee once lol?

But it'll be interesting to see how Power Serge, T-Mac and Skywalker do with some practice time.

JayJ44

Starter
The same way I said Kiya hates D'antoni to much, you suck his cock to much.

D'antoni needs to make better end game situations, how bout running a play for David Lee once lol?

But it'll be interesting to see how Power Serge, T-Mac and Skywalker do with some practice time.

No, our players need to execute better down the stretch. 90% of the time we can't finish the play D'antoni runs because someone screws up. Like in that game against the Thunder, in the last shot of regulation I think it was. They were trying to get the ball to T-Mac. But Gallo's man doubled on T-Mac and they couldn't get him the ball, leaving the only shot available being a fadeaway 3 from Gallo.

The worst run plays can look genius while the best run plays can look like crap, depending on the players executing them.

jpz17

Starter
No, our players need to execute better down the stretch. 90% of the time we can't finish the play D'antoni runs because someone screws up. Like in that game against the Thunder, in the last shot of regulation I think it was. They were trying to get the ball to T-Mac. But Gallo's man doubled on T-Mac and they couldn't get him the ball, leaving the only shot available being a fadeaway 3 from Gallo.

The worst run plays can look genius while the best run plays can look like crap, depending on the players executing them.

post of the year...
:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

Blumatic

Rotation player

Nice!!!!!

How many times can we leave a man open on the last shot. Gallo always seem to be the lost man on the play, and David Lee always does some ridiculous cross court pass that gets intercepted.

If we get a last shot oppurtunity again. Dont care how he feels, put it in T-Mac's hands. He may not be playing well but players still respect him. That should go a long way.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
work but sucks, it's not cle or bos game so it has not to be watchable via internet... this is real blowout, nyk seems to be in slow motion.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Hmmm. I think MSG needs to wake up and fix this.

Score Bar:

"NYK 66 67 WAS 1st 7:13 :12"

Now, call me crazy, but I definitely do not believe that it is the 1st.