As far as spending big money goes on free agents

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Should we even spend it on the 28 or older players?I mean, that's young, but having long term contracts for players who will be the near the end of the full effectiveness might not the best thing for us.We do have young players already so signing somebody like Joe Johnson wouldn't be horrible, but yeah.What do you think?

metrocard

Legend
I agree with this.
I'm not down with long term deals anymore as we saw Jefferies and Jerome James haunt us.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I think the key is to not overpay for anyone. As long as you don't overpay, you can usually trade a player away even if his contract is long. It's when you overpay that you get stuck with a long term deal.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I think the key is to not overpay for anyone. As long as you don't overpay, you can usually trade a player away even if his contract is long. It's when you overpay that you get stuck with a long term deal.

Definitely. The best thing to do is give a player a contract that is reasonable. If they think they deserve more, then just let them ask the next team.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

This.

With 8 teams being able to afford one max contract, the one thing we can all be certain about going into this summer, is that several teams will give max contracts to players who don't deserve them (Boozer, Lee, etc). We have to make sure we are not one of those teams.