View Poll Results: Would you still make the T-Mac trade?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

30 90.91%
  • No way!

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlies @ Knicks 2/27 7:30 PM

Game Thread Grizzlies @ Knicks 2/27 7:30 PM

THIS IS AN EARLY THREAD. I WILL BE AT THE GAME TOMORROW (This thread) AND I LIVE A FAR DISTANCE FROM NYC SO I WILL BE GONE ALL DAY. BEWARE STATS ARE OFF!!
    vs
    Memphis Grizzlies @ New York Knicks
    (29-28, 11-17 away)|(19-37, 12-19 home)

New York, New York

Good Evening! Welcome to another Jpz Knicks pre-game show! Tonight the Knicks play the Grizzlies. This should be a great game, one key part of this game is Zach Randolph visiting New York again. I will be attending this game so I am making a special edition thread.

The Knicks are one of the worst teams record-wise in the league. The Grizzlies come in with an almost even record. The system has worked, they have gotten younger players and built around them. Mayo, Gay, and Conley Jr. are just some of the young studs on this Grizzlies team. Zach Randolph was recently an all star with this Grizzlies team, which is almost a punch in the face to Donnie Walsh who dealt Randolph for Tim Thomas last season.

Injuries
    -Jonathan Bender is not with the team for personal reasons
    -Eddy Curry is out with left knee surgery
    -J.R. Giddens is also out with left knee surgery
    -Grizzlies have no injuries

The Knicks will play the Grizzlies again on March 12th in Memphis. This is the first game the Knicks play the Grizzlies this season. Last season they swept the Grizzlies in two games. Here is a look at the Knicks Grizzlies matchup:

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="2" align="center" bgcolor="#555555">Last 5 Games</td></tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="50%">MEMPHIS (ET)</td> <td width="50%">NEW YORK (ET)</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" valign="top"> <td>Feb 24 @WAS Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 23 LAL Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 21 @NJ Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 19 MIA Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 17 @TOR Win [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    </td> <td>Feb 23 @BOS Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 22 MIL Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 20 OKC Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 17 CHI Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Feb 16 @CHI Loss [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Knicks vs Celtics Highlights:
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGbC9S1rif4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGbC9S1rif4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Random Knicks Pictures

Opinions

Coming Soon

"We are going to pound you guys on the inside and pinch T Mac on the arm for like his 5th season
    ending injury. "
    "My take is Grizz by 5 "
    OFFICIAL JPZ PREDICTION

Grizzlies- 118

Knicks- 120

This should be an offensive game. Look for another victory here. I'm pretty enthusiastic about this game. GO ORANGE AND BLUE!

presents

JPZ17's

FAVE 5 KEYS TO WINNING

1. Stop OJ Mayo from driving to the basket. He is very good at that.. Pesky OJ!! I know we all wanted him in the draft!
    2. Tracy needs to be feeling good. If he is tired or sore we already know he won't have a good game and if we want to win he needs to play good!
    3. Pick and Roll won't work well this time with Marc Gasol in there. Find another way to get Lee the ball! I'm sure Sergio will do fine with that
    4. Don't let Gallinari shoot. He just doesn't have it so far this month. He is in a slump.
    5. Don't give the ball to Harrington on the last play. Harrington always fails to make the clutch shot.
    T-Mac Debut Video
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKcvLFpa_nU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UKcvLFpa_nU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A Jpz debut
    Did you know??
    -This is the 14th time this season the Knicks have played back-to-back games. The Knicks are 2-11 in the second game.
    -One of the newest Knicks (Bill Walker) was teamates with OJ Mayo in High school
    -Grizzlies assistant coach Henry Bibby played on the 1972-1973 Knicks championship team
    -Henry Bibby is the father of Mike Bibby
    -Mike Bibby is Eddie House's bother-in-law
    -Sergio Rodriguez played with Marc Gasol on the Spanish National Team

Memphis Grizzlies Starting 5's Last 5 Games Stats:

PG Mike Conley Jr.

SG OJ Mayo

SF Rudy Gay

PF Zach Randolph

C Marc Gasol

Starting Lineups

GRIZZLIES
    PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]------[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]------[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]------[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]------[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

KNICKS
    PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-----[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-----[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-----[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]-----[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#5d76a8"><td class="stathead" colspan="9">Team Roster</td> </tr> <tr class="colhead"> <td width="33">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td width="33">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td width="33">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td width="33">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td width="33">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td width="150">COLLEGE</td> <td width="150">2009 - 2010 SALARY</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>0</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>PF</td> <td>21</td> <td>6-9</td> <td>235</td> <td>Kansas</td> <td>$1,050,480</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>9</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>SG</td> <td>24</td> <td>6-7</td> <td>227</td> <td>Arkansas</td> <td>$2,717,161</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>1</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>F</td> <td>23</td> <td>6-8</td> <td>212</td> <td>Missouri</td> <td>$1,009,680</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>11</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>PG</td> <td>22</td> <td>6-1</td> <td>185</td> <td>Ohio State</td> <td>$3,883,800</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>33</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>C</td> <td>25</td> <td>7-1</td> <td>265</td> <td></td> <td>$3,333,333</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>22</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>SF</td> <td>23</td> <td>6-8</td> <td>230</td> <td>Connecticut</td> <td>$3,280,997</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>15</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>C</td> <td>24</td> <td>7-2</td> <td>265</td> <td></td> <td>$1,627,779</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>26</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>G</td> <td>25</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>190</td> <td>Tennessee-Martin</td> <td>$457,588</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>45</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>PF</td> <td>28</td> <td>7-0</td> <td>240</td> <td>DePaul</td> <td>$3,696,000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>32</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>SG</td> <td>22</td> <td>6-4</td> <td>210</td> <td>USC</td> <td>$4,165,560</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>50</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>PF</td> <td>28</td> <td>6-9</td> <td>260</td> <td>Michigan State</td> <td>$16,000,000</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>34</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>C</td> <td>23</td> <td>7-3</td> <td>267</td> <td>Connecticut</td> <td>$4,458,840</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>10</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>PG</td> <td>31</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>185</td> <td>Iowa State</td> <td>$738,091</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td>5</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>PG</td> <td>24</td> <td>6-3</td> <td>205</td> <td>Connecticut</td> <td>$825,497</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td>4</td> <td>[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</td> <td>SG</td> <td>24</td> <td>6-6</td> <td>220</td> <td>Pittsburgh</td> <td>$824,200</td></tr></tbody></table>
    JPZ17's Key matchup

vs

Think about it

David Lee C Marc Gasol

Lee is better on the offensive side, Gasol has him on defense. Still lean Lee

Danilo Gallinari PF Zach Randolph

Two guys who can't play good defense.. Should be a high scoring game for both...

Wilson Chandler SF Rudy Gay

Two similar players.. Gay gets the advantage
    Tracy McGrady SG OJ Mayo

McGrady should win this one if he is feeling good. If not it is easy Mayo. So eve on this one.. Anyways.... It is the Past vs the Future here
    Sergio Rodriguez PG Mike Conley Jr.

Conley doesn't get many assists where Rodriguez gets tons of assists

JPZ17's Player Pressure
    Which Knicks is under the most pressure to succeed????

The answer: Danilo Gallinari

Danilo has been slumping lately. He hasn't scored 10 in about 3 games.

Here is Danilo's shot comparison:

Danilo was great when he could make the 3, but now he can't make the 3

JPZ's YouTube of the Day

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLzAJY1C6Hw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tLzAJY1C6Hw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4b887e48d75481b9/4ae79454fc224b41/5db41b59/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" id="W472a175c457921314b887e48d75481b9" width="300" height="387"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/472a175c45792131/4b887e48d75481b9/4ae79454fc224b41/5db41b59/-cpid/ffbd76963ee70fd" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4b887e5b41f2eb6e/4ae794649489f096/64ce23b1" id="W49022a98586964144b887e5b41f2eb6e" width="289" height="260"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/49022a9858696414/4b887e5b41f2eb6e/4ae794649489f096/64ce23b1" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></object>

Thanks for joining me
    for knicksonline I'm JPZ17
    Stay classy New York

Go New York Knicks!

I believe this is the best thread I've ever made....

Woot Woot! Going to my first Knick game tomorrow!

KnicksonLIN.com

Great thread, JPZ17. The piechart you made with Gallinari was crazy.
    The Grizzlies play a lot of close games, so this one should come down to the wire like the game in Washington. I think McGrady will have a good game.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Yeah it's a sick game thread man loads of detail!

I gotta say the Zach Randolph all star comment is a bit off though, remember if we didn't deal him then David Lee would probably never be an all star

Originally Posted by smokes
    Yeah it's a sick game thread man loads of detail!

I gotta say the Zach Randolph all star comment is a bit off though, remember if we didn't deal him then David Lee would probably never be an all star
    Agreed, Z-Bo had to go.

And yea props JPZ, that's an amazing game thread. How long did that take you? Man I hope you didn't pull that all off for nothing. Come on Knicks, reward JPZ for his hard work lol!

And Gallo needs some 5 hour energy. He needs to be aggressive.

We've all seen plenty of Z-Bo and I'm wondering how in the world is Galo going to guard him? Lee is gonna have his hands full with Gasol so help won't be coming... Not to be a downer cause I'd love to have this win but we don't match up well with this team at all. Both Galo and Chandler will get moved around with Zach's big ass so where does our D come from on the inside? Bender? AL?

Yes Galo can lure Zach out of the paint on offense (if his shot is falling) but it always comes down to stops and I just don't see it. Hopefully i'm proven wrong.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Feb 27, 2010 at 02:07.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

JPZ, you finally have my respect.

Epic game thread.

I think tracy playing only 25 minutes last night will prove valueable since his legs wont be to tierd. he'll need it because mayo is a very good player. he needs to use his height against OJ and post him up like he was doing to ross and singleton last night.

Awesome game thread. Major props. I guess we can scout Rudy Gay tonight to see if he can be an option for the Knicks this offseason.

Veteran

Z-Bo is bad on defense. Hopefully we can take advantage of that. Marc Gasol is pretty good in the paint, so odds are we might not be able to rely on David Lee as our number 1 option tonight.

He's a pretty good scorer though. Hm, seems like yet another instance of a player whos name rhymes with MARKO who could've been useful but now isn't

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20

And Gallo needs some 5 hour energy. He needs to be aggressive.
    Gallo only took 4 shots yesterday, wtf. He did make two nice drives to the basket and one that he looked extra fast for a slashing dunk. Hopefully we see that more today along with some made 3s. Mcgrady will find him better unlike the chuckers House and Harrington.

House needs to stop shooting off balance. He's been shooting bricks after his 1st game with the Knicks that he scored 22. Would ya'll want to take that trade back? I would.

Z bo was hard to let go of but it was necessary for the cap relief and development of Dlee and give exposure to Jefferies. Without a doubt Zbo is tremendous and I'm glad he is succeeding in memphis.

This Grizzlies team is a tough match up, and this will be a high scoring affair. Don't how T-Mac will play on back to back. Lee will have his regular 20+ points and double digit rebounds. The key is for Harrington, Chandler, and Gallo to hit shots.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    its a great game thread JPZ, alotta good stats and info in this. And lol @ what the Grizzlies fan said about Tmac gettin hurt, i gotta admit it was funny. I always liked him but i seen him gettin alotta hate on other sites for failing to make it past the 1st round, but what i saw him do in 2008 against Utah was incredible, even though the Rockets lost in 7 games. He was like a gladiator the way he played, he did everything he could....

Im wonderin whos gonna have the better stats, Lee or Randolph. It should be interesting, both of them are easily two of the most consistent players at puttin up 20 and 10. They are very similar the way they play and they even share one of the same weaknesses, which is defense. Actually, i shouldnt say they are very similar. Zachs got a better jumper but Lee has become good at taking player off the dribble, which i never though possible.

I think its gonna be a tough game, Lee's gotta go up against Gasol and Randolph. I'd be shocked if we win the rebounding battle, but if we can hit our shots and play some defense, i can see us winning.

Jpz, I should have given you the rep point for this game thread and not the other one lmao. Good work man