View Poll Results: Would you still make the T-Mac trade?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

30 90.91%
  • No way!

3 9.09%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Grizzlies @ Knicks 2/27 7:30 PM

Why are teams with no real centers allowed to play in the NBA?

It's basically a handicap match whenever the Knicks go up against a team with a real center.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Why are teams with no real centers allowed to play in the NBA?

It's basically a handicap match whenever the Knicks go up against a team with a real center.
    The Knicks had a chance to get Brook Lopez, and they had a chance to play Jordan Hill at center with David Lee at PF, but they blew it.

I wonder why Jonathan Bender isn't getting any playing time. His defense was missed in this one.

Originally Posted by abcd
    The Knicks had a chance to get Brook Lopez, and they had a chance to play Jordan Hill at center with David Lee at PF, but they blew it.

I wonder why Jonathan Bender isn't getting any playing time.
    What a shame! Those are the consequences of a general manager listening to his coach on draft night.

What a shame! Those are the consequences of a general manager listening to his coach on draft night.
    Like how Larry Brown talked MJ out of drafting Lopez (b/c he wanted DJ Augustine)!

Lopez was never an option.... for me. My choice cleary was the BPA- Eric Gordon. I think EG running this offense would have been INSANE!

Anyway... what can you do?

Fate has been kicking our butts ever since Stern rigged the lottery to get us Ewing. We were T-H-I-S close getting Westbrook ('08) or Curry ('09). I think both those PGs were the #1 choice for Walsh-D'ant (Maybe T-Evans was 1st this year, but Curry was a close 2nd). What can you do? SAC & GSW screwed us.

Imagine how sweet we would be if we had one of those PGs!

Lopez never would have fit with this system. Would have been a wasted pick.

Isn't it funny though.... 2008 draft was full of C prospects, and 2009 had a bunch of PGs.... yet here we are with ZERO Pgs/C on our roster. Odd isn't it.

Well, at least Sergio gives us some hope right now, and we might have found a steal in Walker.

What are the odds Walhs finds a productive player in the 2nd rund this year (OK, stop laughing now).

AHHHHHH!!!!! Why do my Knicks do this to me!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran

It's really a miracle that the game was as close as it was. Getting outrebounded 52-32 and letting the Grizzlies pull 17 offensive rebounds is absolutely atrocious.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    It's really a miracle that the game was as close as it was. Getting outrebounded 52-32 and letting the Grizzlies pull 17 offensive rebounds is absolutely atrocious.
    How do we get out rebounded when we're suppose to have a "great" rebounder in Lee?!?!?!? I don't get it

Zach Randolph to the rescue.

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    Zach Randolph to the rescue.
    Im loving your sig.....Gallo needs to ****ing assert himself, I think he would have at the end had he not fouled out. He actually did a decent job on Mayo. Chandler was just so-so. Idk this defense is just horryifying to watch.

'(0&'%$#"" #"#$&'( '0()'()&' (%%$$% &##"!#$% $'&%&' ()%%'##!

shat on by the ****ing front court again.

I've gotten to the stage where I'm thinking we should even play Tits Curry.

Look at Randolph basking in the glow of having a real center.

Ironic? We traded our 2003 1st rounder (Sweetney), 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for Eddie Curry.

In 2007, we could have drafted Marc Gasol in the 2nd round... but we gave that pick to CHI (LAK would grab Gasol a few picks later).

We could use a center like Gasol right?

Veteran

Originally Posted by AnnoyedNYsportsFan
    How do we get out rebounded when we're suppose to have a "great" rebounder in Lee?!?!?!? I don't get it
    Because David Lee, in the grand scheme of things, gets owned by people with size. Marc Gasol has height, and compared to Randolph Lee is a pansy. So...yeah.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Ironic? We traded our 2003 1st rounder (Sweetney), 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for Eddie Curry.

In 2007, we could have drafted Marc Gasol in the 2nd round... but we gave that pick to CHI (LAK would grab Gasol a few picks later).

We could use a center like Gasol right?
    Eddy Curry has ****ed us over in so many ways, your just stating the obvious. But Isiah is more at fault than Curry. **** Isiah, I hate him.

Default so sad, having no center

so sad. Knicks were owned in 4th Q, again. F*cking gay dude was on fire!
    amazing how lack of a true center exposes greatest team weakness when up against a rebounding combo of Gasol and Zebo, who took control of offensive boards. 52-32? man o man! DLEE was negated on boards by those 2. When he has an off night, what other rebounders do we have? Al Harrington is an offensive machine (when he's on), but only 4 rebounds? weak.

Overall, an exciting game up to final 4 minutes, I really thought we had it, especially after Gallo's 3. I guess those young Grizzly legs and those long Grizzly arms were too much for No-D'antoni cluelessness. I hated seeing Dan Dan laughing it up at end of game. oh well, this February sucked balls.

March on Knicks! March on to July 2010!

PS: props to those Knicks posters who realize Clyde is best broadcaster there is, who supports the team, knows what they need to do to win (defense), and does it all with pizazz. he's so damn cool.

Superstar

I agree, Coach is a coach, GM is a GM. Its rare that a coach can find talent unless its obvious.

Donnie knows what we need, dont listen to Mike. Mike wasnt big on David Lee at first, now he loves the guy.

Donnie dont listen to Mike.