View Poll Results: Would you still make the T-Mac trade?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

30 90.91%
  • No way!

3 9.09%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Grizzlies @ Knicks 2/27 7:30 PM

Veteran

Little late now. Walsh probably would've drafted Lopez over Gallinari. I don't blame Walsh for picking Jordan Hill, though - Brandon Jennings had too many question marks (and even right now Brandon Jennings hasn't been that great since the 50 point game), and who'd have known Darren Collison would be so good?

But still, I blame a lot of this on D'Antoni. Walsh traded Q-Rich and his veteran presence for Darko because he knew that good teams need shotblocking and tough defense in the paint. Too bad D'Antoni thought it'd be better to play our 6'9" PF who's already terrible on defense in the center position and allow any time with a legitimate center to ball all over us while we had a 7'0" shotblocker on the bench the entire time. D'Antoni's to blame for that one...

let me guess - end of the 4th quarter lost ?

Lurker

Originally Posted by mafra
    Ironic? We traded our 2003 1st rounder (Sweetney), 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks for Eddie Curry.

In 2007, we could have drafted Marc Gasol in the 2nd round... but we gave that pick to CHI (LAK would grab Gasol a few picks later).

We could use a center like Gasol right?
    Not to mention giving up our 2nd pick in 2006 when we could have had Brandon Roy (and signed Rajon Rondo instead of Renaldo Balkman) I know hindsight is a marvelous thing but a Rondo & Roy backcourt with Gasol at centre starts to sound like a pretty good foundation for a team.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Exile
    I know hindsight is a marvelous thing but a Rondo & Roy backcourt with Gasol at centre starts to sound like a pretty good foundation for a team.
    i agree hindsight/etc/etc.... but it seems we never catch a break...

Originally Posted by paris401
    i agree hindsight/etc/etc.... but it seems we never catch a break...
    It's not about catching a break, it's about hiring a GM that has good judgment. These other teams don't just have secret, inaccessible, knowledge.

The fact is that we continue to hire people with big names and reputations, instead of hiring management that might not have as much of a rep. but has good ideas, a belief in developing a defense-oriented team, without putting all of our eggs in this 2010 pipe-dream and a good ability to build a staff of basketball people that know talent when it sees it.

Has anyone ever thought gallo is having back problems again

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    so sad. Knicks were owned in 4th Q, again. F*cking gay dude was on fire!
    amazing how lack of a true center exposes greatest team weakness when up against a rebounding combo of Gasol and Zebo, who took control of offensive boards. 52-32? man o man! DLEE was negated on boards by those 2. When he has an off night, what other rebounders do we have? Al Harrington is an offensive machine (when he's on), but only 4 rebounds? weak.

Overall, an exciting game up to final 4 minutes, I really thought we had it, especially after Gallo's 3. I guess those young Grizzly legs and those long Grizzly arms were too much for No-D'antoni cluelessness. I hated seeing Dan Dan laughing it up at end of game. oh well, this February sucked balls.

March on Knicks! March on to July 2010!

PS: props to those Knicks posters who realize Clyde is best broadcaster there is, who supports the team, knows what they need to do to win (defense), and does it all with pizazz. he's so damn cool.

Yes, I'm waiting for this offseason to come as soon as possible! We need to get rid of these BUMS quick!!!

Originally Posted by CoolClyde

PS: props to those Knicks posters who realize Clyde is best broadcaster there is, who supports the team, knows what they need to do to win (defense), and does it all with pizazz. he's so damn cool.
    Agreed, whenever I watch another NBA broadcast, it just doesn't match up to Clyde. Numerous suicides would have occured among the hardcore Knicks fan base, had Clyde not been broadcasting during the Isiah Era lol.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Sometimes I just find myself drifted away from the actual game and just tuning into Clyde's amazing voice and his timeless words

He's the man...glad to be a Knick Fan...he knows his basketball and says things I don't even know, I learn a lot of good stuff from him, and he's very proud of the organization. A true Knick, and one of the greatest PG of all time.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Sometimes I just find myself drifted away from the actual game and just tuning into Clyde's amazing voice and his timeless words

He's the man...glad to be a Knick Fan...he knows his basketball and says things I don't even know, I learn a lot of good stuff from him, and he's very proud of the organization. A true Knick, and one of the greatest PG of all time.
    I feel bad that he has to sit through all of these games for years...clyde deserves to announce a good basketball team.

Are there any cheap centers available that the Knicks can sign for the rest of the season?

Default agreed

Originally Posted by metrocard

your greatest post, ever.