Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Should we change Gallo's nickname?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Should we change Gallo's nickname?

    I was reading Bill Simmons' chat yesterday, and someone referred to Danillo Gallinari as "The Situation". I personally think this nickname is hilarious and that it should be Gallo's nickname when Jersey Shore 2 inevitably fizzles out and The (Other) Situation's celebrity comes to a screeching halt.

    1) Danilo Gallinari is Italian.
    2) I'm sick of these nicknames that are shortened or modified versions of the guys name...We used to have Hakeem "The Dream", David "The Admiral", now we have T-Mac for McGrady, CP3 for Chris Paul...let's get a good nickname in there.
    3) Danilo Gallinari has a sweet, Jersey Shore-style faux-hawk.
    4) Maybe this will encourage Danilo to abide by Gym-Tan-Laundry as touted in the show, especially the gym part (like the guy, but he needs to work on his strength).
    5) Gallo's other nickname, "The Big ****", is not quite appropriate for print...

    If we start the movement here and now on KnicksOnline, I bet it catches on (especially if we get LeBron or Wade) and this site blows the eff up with followers like I think it will...

    Also, any other nickname suggestions besides Danilo "The Situation" Gallinari are welcome...

    Note: THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO BE FOR FUN!

  2. #2
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Otto?

    Italian for Eight.

    Lame post by me...=\

  3. #3
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I like Itallion Stallion or however the **** you spell it. Or Ralph Machio lol

  4. #4
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Uh-oh, he better step up his game now to deserve a cool new nickname, otherwise people will be calling him bust in italian lol.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,705
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i've always thought of him as zepole canoli.... but recently just ''zip'ole... as he suxs when the pressure is on...

  6. #6
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Well it's true that is more of an appropriate nickname that could leak out to the media. It's pretty funny. Hopefully something like that would wake Gallo up?

    But on this site, his nickname will always be the Big ****, idk who made it up, but its hilarious lol.

  7. #7
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Well it's true that is more of an appropriate nickname that could leak out to the media. It's pretty funny. Hopefully something like that would wake Gallo up?
    But on this site, his nickname will always be the Big ****, idk who made it up, but its hilarious lol.
    Edit: Metrocard came up with the nickname first, but metro and MSG both made "the big ****" popular on knicksonline. Those threads were hilarious, because everyone kept having to say "no homo" at the end of their posts.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  8. #8
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I'm pretty sure the "Big ****" name comes from his Italian days.

    Gallo in Italian means "Rooster" or "****"...but I think MSG brought it to the board's attention.

  9. #9
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I'm pretty sure the "Big ****" name comes from his Italian days.

    Gallo in Italian means "Rooster" or "****"...but I think MSG brought it to the board's attention.

    Thanks for that info Kblack it makes sense to me now. I am gonna use that now

  10. #10
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Edit: Metrocard came up with the nickname first, but metro and MSG both made "the big ****" popular on knicksonline. Those threads were hilarious, because everyone kept having to say "no homo" at the end of their posts.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Gracias amigo, that thread brings back good memories lol. Props to Metro nd MSG, that nickname will stick forever on this forum.

  11. #11
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    the **** needs sum viagra....no homo

  12. #12
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,021
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Gallo XY


  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Gallo is "Cavallo" The Horse

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I was reading Bill Simmons' chat yesterday, and someone referred to Danillo Gallinari as "The Situation". I personally think this nickname is hilarious and that it should be Gallo's nickname when Jersey Shore 2 inevitably fizzles out and The (Other) Situation's celebrity comes to a screeching halt.

    1) Danilo Gallinari is Italian.
    2) I'm sick of these nicknames that are shortened or modified versions of the guys name...We used to have Hakeem "The Dream", David "The Admiral", now we have T-Mac for McGrady, CP3 for Chris Paul...let's get a good nickname in there.
    3) Danilo Gallinari has a sweet, Jersey Shore-style faux-hawk.
    4) Maybe this will encourage Danilo to abide by Gym-Tan-Laundry as touted in the show, especially the gym part (like the guy, but he needs to work on his strength).
    5) Gallo's other nickname, "The Big ****", is not quite appropriate for print...

    If we start the movement here and now on KnicksOnline, I bet it catches on (especially if we get LeBron or Wade) and this site blows the eff up with followers like I think it will...

    Also, any other nickname suggestions besides Danilo "The Situation" Gallinari are welcome...

    Note: THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO BE FOR FUN!
    We should change Gallo's nickname to Cavallo which means Horse in Italian.

    When Gallo drives he always looks like a horse because he moves his head back and forth i dont know why but he always does this lol

    Look at the way he runs its hilarious he constantly moves his head back and forth like a horse and when he drives he is as powerful as one.

    Cavallo!

  14. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think Ballinari is the best.

  15. #15
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default "The 3 point Solution"

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I was reading Bill Simmons' chat yesterday, and someone referred to Danillo Gallinari as "The Situation". I personally think this nickname is hilarious and that it should be Gallo's nickname when Jersey Shore 2 inevitably fizzles out and The (Other) Situation's celebrity comes to a screeching halt.

    1) Danilo Gallinari is Italian.
    2) I'm sick of these nicknames that are shortened or modified versions of the guys name...We used to have Hakeem "The Dream", David "The Admiral", now we have T-Mac for McGrady, CP3 for Chris Paul...let's get a good nickname in there.
    3) Danilo Gallinari has a sweet, Jersey Shore-style faux-hawk.
    4) Maybe this will encourage Danilo to abide by Gym-Tan-Laundry as touted in the show, especially the gym part (like the guy, but he needs to work on his strength).
    5) Gallo's other nickname, "The Big ****", is not quite appropriate for print...

    If we start the movement here and now on KnicksOnline, I bet it catches on (especially if we get LeBron or Wade) and this site blows the eff up with followers like I think it will...

    Also, any other nickname suggestions besides Danilo "The Situation" Gallinari are welcome...

    Note: THIS THREAD IS INTENDED TO BE FOR FUN!
    Ohh i got one! What if they called him Danilo "The 3 Point Solution" Gallinari!

    Because in almost every 4th quarter when the knicks are down by 2 or 3 D'Antoni almost always give Gallinari the last shot.

Similar Threads

  1. The Origins of All 30 NBA Team Names
    By Superfly in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2009, 16:11
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 20, 2009, 10:46
  3. Isiah just needs a lineup change.
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2007, 21:33
  4. Dick Vitale wants rule change in Basketball
    By GiantsKnickFan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2007, 08:12
  5. Time For a change. Suggestions?
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2007, 21:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •