Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: What is most likely to Happen next summer.

  1. #1
    Member dan1608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    0

    Default What is most likely to Happen next summer.

    Alright, obviously the free agent market next year makes a large majority of Knicks fans excited, but lets think about whats really going to happen with the top flight free agents.

    Chris Bosh, despite the rumors is probably not going to sign with New York. When it was asked by a Knicks fan if Bosh will be coming to New York, he responded by laughing at the notion as if it were an insult. He will likely go to Miami or stay in Toronto (a team that has gained momentum this season). Dwayne Wade has already stated he will probably stay with Miami, they have just as much cap space as us. So Wade will likely end up with another star on his team, possibly Bosh. If Wade doesn't sign with Miami, his first choice would probably his hometown of Chicago, where he currently resides.

    LeBron has been vague about his intentions. His team seems in good shape currently. If he wins a Championship, he's staying in Cleveland. The Nate Robinson trade was brilliant. Boston will likely be facing Cleveland in the playoffs, Robinson will probably help Boston by scoring prolifically off the bench. This could be a major factor in keeping Cleveland from even going to the Finals, if Boston beats them. If LeBron can't even get to the finals, he's bound to get out Cleveland and we're the frontrunners in that race. I say Cleveland still has a good shot at winning the Finals, thereby keeping LeBron. But, I think the odds for us to get LeBron are one in three.

    I think Joe Johnson is likely going to sign with us. Atlanta offered him a very solid deal for $60 million over 4 years, a fair and solid contract. He turned it down. This means he is not confident in his future with Atlanta. In Phoenix, Johnson was coached by D' Antoni, where they had a good chemistry. Johnson has stated that D'Antoni is a great coach and largely credits him for his development as a player. Johnson is the most likely of the free agents to sign with us next year, especially since we have no one at the SG position.

    McGrady has stated he wants to continue to play for the Knicks and will accept less money.

  2. #2
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Thing is if we got Lebron and Johnson and resign McGrady then Lee is gone, not that he's really a center anyhow, but we'd literally have no bigs. What do I think will happen? Well considering every team I root for gets screwed I figure we'll probably miss out on all the biggest names and offer a huge contract to Amare Stoudemire and extend Eddy Curry through 2016 hoping they can be the most dominant frontcourt tandem in the league...

  3. #3
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Dude. I'm sorry but this thread is just a regurgitation of things that have been talked about and analysed on here for a year. And your reasonings are all very one tracked and meaningless.

    Sorry to poop on it!

    Perpetual thread.

  4. #4
    Newbie AnnoyedNYsportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The New Jersey Nets Organization will shut down and Jay-z will then hang himself!!!

  5. #5
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I want to believe Lebron signs on (i'm dreaming).....whoever else does is a bonus (Joe Johnson and Hayward/Someones backup that play Defense well)

  6. #6
    Member JujuXG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    One super star player sign, a all star, than reliable role players

  7. #7
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I would prefer Rudy Gay and Chris Bosh. Resigning T-Mac is a solid idea as well. I definitely want him to stay here.

    Wilson Chandler should be traded. I don't see him having much of a future here.

    Harrington...ehhhhhhh. Depends on how much we get. He should be out last priority. If he really loves New York, he should come for very cheap.


    Then we can sign and trade Lee for the rights to Ricky...wait what am I saying?


    Originally Posted by AnnoyedNYsportsFan
    The New Jersey Nets Organization will shut down and Jay-z will then hang himself!!!
    OMG, will you people stop trolling?

  8. #8
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i want a defensive C get Haywood( 30 ) still got a few solid years left in him, get a superstar( Johnson, Bosh, or maybe Amar'e -or lebron/wade if we could lure em here) and surround them with class talent maybe resign Tmac ( which is what i want ) trade Chandler for a solid role player or C( gasol from the grizzlies if we cant sign haywood or Camby)

    this offseason should be fun and interesting and i cant wait to see our new look team

  9. #9
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I actually thought of an interesting scenario.

    Say the worst case scenario happens: LeBron signs in Cleveland, Bosh and Wade sign elsewhere or stay in their current city, and Joe Johnson turns us down. This leaves us with Amare as our one max contract offer. If this were to happen, I would love to resign Sergio and T-Mac and explore the option of keeping Lee.

    We would then start the season with a lineup of:

    PG-S-Rod
    SG-T-Mac
    SF-Gallo
    PF- Lee
    C- Amare

    This is an improved version of our current team.

    THEN we make use of Curry's expiring deal, which is nearly 12 million dollars. We could then send Curry's contract along with Lee to the Magic for Vince Carter (the Magic are starting to realize their overpaying of players is going to catch up with them).

    We then have a lineup of:

    PG-S-Rod
    SG- T-Mac
    SF- Carter
    PF- Gallo
    C- Amare

    This team also has talent to be a playoff team.

    Then, once the season is over, we dump the 17 million dollars owed to Vincanity and can explore the option of bringing in a player like Carmelo or a Kevin Durant. Durant has yet to sign an extension so this could be an awesome option. Not to mention, if Bosh or Wade decide not to opt out, then they would become free agents this year as well, giving us a chance to make a run at one of them.

    PG- S-Rod
    SG- T-Mac
    SF- Durant
    PF- Gallo
    C- Amare

    That team can contend in the East most definitely. Especially as Durant continues to develop.

  10. #10
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by AnnoyedNYsportsFan
    The New Jersey Nets Organization will shut down and Jay-z will then hang himself!!!
    You are a very sly guy...

  11. #11
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    I actually thought of an interesting scenario.

    Say the worst case scenario happens: LeBron signs in Cleveland, Bosh and Wade sign elsewhere or stay in their current city, and Joe Johnson turns us down. This leaves us with Amare as our one max contract offer. If this were to happen, I would love to resign Sergio and T-Mac and explore the option of keeping Lee.

    We would then start the season with a lineup of:

    PG-S-Rod
    SG-T-Mac
    SF-Gallo
    PF- Lee
    C- Amare

    This is an improved version of our current team.

    THEN we make use of Curry's expiring deal, which is nearly 12 million dollars. We could then send Curry's contract along with Lee to the Magic for Vince Carter (the Magic are starting to realize their overpaying of players is going to catch up with them).

    We then have a lineup of:

    PG-S-Rod
    SG- T-Mac
    SF- Carter
    PF- Gallo
    C- Amare

    This team also has talent to be a playoff team.

    Then, once the season is over, we dump the 17 million dollars owed to Vincanity and can explore the option of bringing in a player like Carmelo or a Kevin Durant. Durant has yet to sign an extension so this could be an awesome option. Not to mention, if Bosh or Wade decide not to opt out, then they would become free agents this year as well, giving us a chance to make a run at one of them.

    PG- S-Rod
    SG- T-Mac
    SF- Durant
    PF- Gallo
    C- Amare

    That team can contend in the East most definitely. Especially as Durant continues to develop.
    Hell no. I don't want vince carter. He's less than a shadow of his former self. And the odds of Durant coming here is less that that of James...

    Let's use that Eddy Curry contract for Emeka Okafor. He's a true center and blocks shots, and it's what we need. With a career average of 13 and 10 with 2 blocks per game, he's what we need.

  12. #12
    Member YanksKnicks86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New City/Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This off season will be pointless if we don't got a true center...It's a joke how we have no size out there.

  13. #13
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Keep It Young!

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Hell no. I don't want vince carter. He's less than a shadow of his former self. And the odds of Durant coming here is less that that of James...

    Let's use that Eddy Curry contract for Emeka Okafor. He's a true center and blocks shots, and it's what we need. With a career average of 13 and 10 with 2 blocks per game, he's what we need.
    I can't believe people getting boners over declining veterans either.

    Okafor is a good call.

    Keeping McGrady (unless it's @ sub $4m) is not a good idea.

  14. #14
    Member YanksKnicks86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New City/Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Go after The other Gasol

  15. #15
    Superstar th3realicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    How about signing 2 second tier superstars in this years free agency and than wait till Currys fat arse/contract gets off the books and go after CP3 and/or Carmelo.

    I hated the Carmelo idea but imagine this:

    2010
    Joe Johnson
    Boozer
    Lee
    Gallo
    Sergio

    2011
    Joe Johnson
    Boozer
    CP3/Melo
    Gallo
    Lee




    And people do discount that Kobe is in the same shoes as Wade and Lebron are. He too can opt out. He is the only superstar that has clearly been favorable playing in NY

Similar Threads

  1. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27
  2. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 08:03
  3. Replies: 65
    Last Post: Jul 21, 2009, 11:45
  4. my summer league rankings
    By swagger.B in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 27, 2008, 19:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •