Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/1/2010 Knicks-Cavs Game Thread

Veteran

Wow were our boys really down 101-59 at the end of three quarters???? Looks like our Knicks are mailing it in again down the stretch. I thought T-Mac would actually make a difference, but looks like he is giving in to the loser mentality as well.

I keep thinking that D'antoni just needs better players, but Walsh may have to think about making a change. D'antoni looks to have lost this team. His godson is regressing as the season stretches and the team is out of gas because of his short rotation. You just can't be this bad without looking at the coach.

The change needs to be made before the summer because NONE of the A-list free-agents will want to come play for a team this bad. The A-listers already have a pile of money, they are playing for rings now. And our Knicks aren't even respectable. Why would Lebron want to leave a good team to go play for a crappy one like ours??? NYC or not it makes no sense. Its amazing that a major market team like this has been allowed to be this bad for this long. David Stern may have to do something because Knicks management is too dumb to help themselves. Glad I didn't see a minute of this debacle, sorry for those of you who did.

Veteran

Yeah. This is despicable. Why? I know the Cavaliers are a good team.

But is our team so bad that we can't even compete with the Cavaliers' second stringers? LeBron only played 31 minutes.

That means for a period of 17 minutes (ie more than a QUARTER) we got balled on by the Cavaliers' second stringers. And we couldn't even win a game? Is our team really bad to the point where we legitimately have a hard time scoring and defending against the likes of JJ Hickson and Delonte West and Anderson Varejao? Do we really suck THAT much?

I'd understand it if LeBron came in and dropped a deuce on us. That can't be helped - he's the best player in the game, and he owns everybody, especially our team that has no defense.

But to allow Hickson and Flopajao and West and Leon Powe to come in and take a dump on us? That's not acceptable. Our team is better than that.

My selling point for LeBron to come to New York was always that without LeBron, the Cavaliers' supporting cast was no better than the Knicks'. Evidently I was dead wrong, because at least the Cavs' supporting cast can play some defense and force us to take bad shots, whereas our first stringers can't even dent them. They turned the ball over more often than we did and yet we got blown out by 30 points...because they grab boards. We don't. They had 14 offensive rebounds. We had two. You know what that is? Lack of hustle and a sheer lack of caring. It's sad.

Default unbelievably poor game

this has got to be the lowest point of the season, I couldn't even bear to watch the 2nd half! It was so non-competitive! NO DEFENSE! NO OFFENSIVE PLAYS! I started missing the friggin Giraffe and Duhound, it was that bad!

is it any wonder that 3 new players can come in and start playing huge minutes right away? It's because this team has no set offense, due to the D'amnfool coaching of this squad. If his SSOL is not implemented, he HAS no plan. He's being exposed for what he is... No-D'antoni.

N8 was traded to the Celtdicks and was immediately given a playbook to study, to integrate himself into a winning schematic, based on defense AND offense. The Knicks have no such plan, D'ammit!

I cannot see Lebron coming here at this point. Thanks alot Donnie!

on a brighter note, Billy SkyWalker looked pretty good, and should be a keeper.

Great game! Go Knicks!

Veteran

OMG just made the mistake of watching the "highlights" or lowlights depending on your point of view. Wow. These clowns are not worthy of wearing KNICK uniforms until further notice. They should be made to turn them in like Nebraska's Blackshirt defense a few years ago. D'antoni needs to make these clowns(including himself) wear pink like they are inmates from D'antoni's beloved AZ. Maybe that would get thier attention.....

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    OMG just made the mistake of watching the "highlights" or lowlights depending on your point of view. Wow. These clowns are not worthy of wearing KNICK uniforms until further notice. They should be made to turn them in like Nebraska's Blackshirt defense a few years ago. D'antoni needs to make these clowns(including himself) wear pink like they are inmates from D'antoni's beloved AZ. Maybe that would get thier attention.....
    It was awful...I miss Ewing.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

smh at our performance tonight, i could see we were really prepared for this one..............go coach d'antoni

D'Antoni needs to bench lee, mcgrady and few others to send them a message. manup and stop being little girls.

Banned

Originally Posted by spiegel8
    D'Antoni needs to bench lee, mcgrady and few others to send them a message. manup and stop being little girls.
    D'antoni only benches players named nate robinson. He's doing duhon a favor by keeping him on the bench.

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    knick pride
    What's that? Our player surely don't know.

uuuu that's hurt but I used to had this feeling before ! One of the best offense + one of the worst defense = blowout or rather rape.
    They were losing by nearly 50 points
    Last edited by milchshake; Mar 02, 2010 at 02:12.