Lebron petitions for new number = not coming to Knicks

LJ4ptplay

Starter
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...t=An6SZEHqRZ3xS8NJcbVk.AW8vLYF?urn=nba,225246

He wouldn't have to petition for a new number if he was leaving Cleveland. Plus, #23 is retired in Chicago and Miami.

I say f*ck him.

Here's the plan:

Step1.)Retain Lee's Bird Rights and retain the MLE.
Step2.)Sign Joe Johnson.
Step3.)Sign and trade Lee for Bosh + Calderon - we would still be under the cap so the salaries would not need to match. Toronto gets All-Star player in return for losing Bosh (better than nothing) and gets huge cap relief by getting rid of Calderon (they want to move his salary)
Step4.)Trade Curry's expiring contract to New Orleans for Emeka Okafur (huge cap relief for Hornets)
Step5.)Use MLE to resign TMac + other players (preferably a backup big and another shooter)

PG-Calderon
SG-Johnson
SF-Gallo or Chandler
PF-Bosh
C-Okafur

w/ TMac, Douglas, and Gallo or Chandler off the bench.

And beat Lebron in the Conferance Finals next year!!

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
It could just mean he doesn't know where he'll end up. Or maybe he's smart and he's doing this to throw people off.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
LMAO whole game last night I was thinking there goes any glimmer of hope Lebron signs in NY, who on earth would want to unless the money from endorsements alone is enough. I have pride in my team of course, but realistically times are different, in past generations I think there was more draw to great traditions and MSG would be a great draw, for today's players I don't think it's as big of a deal, and not enough to offset joining a team that generally looks like they don't care enough to play hard. If all we needed was a scorer to be a late game go to guy no problem, but we need a ton, hardly anyone hustled, was able to pick up loose balls, rebound, defend, anything. Seemed we had crisco on our hands and lead boots on our feet. Horrible to watch, and with the 2 7 foot plus guys gone in Shaq and Z I thought Lee would be effective... ouch, I thought he basically got bitched in every facet of the game, I like Lee alot but even he last night got killed by Hickson and Ugly, no excuse

choop

Rookie
you're looking wayyy too far into this... you know what really happened is some clowns in Cleveland probably just told him he had to file for the number change now without telling him the rest of it.

Also, the reason the cavs go is solely because of Lebron. Nearly any other team in the NBA could be in the same position as Cleveland with him on their team, he really is unreal. I still believe he is coming no doubt.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I'm gonna say what i've been saying for a long time now, I don't like Lebron's antics on the bench, it just shows he has no respect for his opponents, so bottom line for me is: get Wade and Bosh or Amar'e and rule the East!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm gonna say what i've been saying for a long time now, I don't like Lebron's antics on the bench, it just shows he has no respect for his opponents, so bottom line for me is: get Wade and Bosh or Amar'e and rule the East!

Agreed. I'm coming around to this idea. I'm starting to not like him. Although if he signs with the Knicks it would be amazing but part of me would like nothing more than beating him in the playoffs.

He's changing numbers because Toney Douglas wears #23

Haha. He wouldn't have to petition the league to change his number if he were changing teams. Good try though.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It was just a joke...

But this could mean a lot of things. Who knows. Maybe if T-Mac decides to ball for the next month and score 30 PPG he'll re-think it all

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
hey

you know what..**** lebron, this dude only comes to new york to humiliate us!
I'd say sign bosh (if possible) and small contract players like S-Rod and Travis Outlaw and save the rest of the money for Carmelo or Durant with Al Horford

2011: s-rod, t-douglas, chandler, gallo, t.outlaw, carmelo, bosh, horford =2011 champs!

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

That's one area of LeBron's game that I don't like. For someone who hasn't won anything in the NBA, LeBron acts like he owns the league.

I'd take Wade over LeBron in a heartbeat.

Starks

Starter
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but this is and always has been a ploy to sell more jerseys.

Even if it did mean anything, it comes from the fact he stated earlier in the season that he doesn't feel anyone should wear 23 but Jordan and would like the NBA to retire the number.

Let's not get carried away here.

smokes

Huge Member
Theres lots of reasons:

* He hasn't decided where he's going, just playing it safe
* Sell more jerseys
* Create more hype
* More media for him

etc etc etc

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Wasn't lebron(or wade?) the one that wanted the league to retire MJ's number out of respect???

Maybe he's doing it cause of that...

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
having lebron would be one of the worst things, fans would be seperated from knicks fans and lebron fans real knicks fans watch there team through out we dont need all these "nba" or current day lakers fans becoming knicks fans because they look the best in the east because we have someone like lebron plus like someone else jsut said lebron does act like a child with all his pre game b/s and everything else we dont need that in new york we need a real team not lebron

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I think all of these people are long shots. Why would they want to play for the Knicks???

What's more likely is that D'Antoni will try to sign some of his Phoenix players: Raja Bell, Stoudemire, Nash and Q or Joe Johnson.

My idea of getting better is, rather than signing a bunch of big names, to carefully draft players at deficit positions, carefully decide which players to keep and which to drop, and then, after all that, when a solid team has been assembled, maybe trying to get to the next level, by adding a big name player to the roster.

They should be trying to use this money to get a bunch of solid players, not just one or two max players. This whole buy-your-way-to-victory approach will backfire. Mark my words.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lebron's just throwing himself in the face of others again. Considers himself worthy of persecuting anyone who wears Jordan's number.

**** Lebron James.

Bill Russell was #6. He has 5 more titles as the leader of his team than Jordan.

It's about attention, cash, hype and an inflated sense of self appreciation vicariously conveyed through Michael Jordan.

Poo to Lebron.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
That ***** could get the whole team in a line pregame and do the electric slide for all I care. The cavs won 66 games last year because of his "antics" who gives a **** about that this is a game. People must have never played sports or something it makes me wonder with all the other stuff in the world that is going on bad why do people critize people having fun. Im not sure but you would have to add up 3 seasons of Knicks ball to equal or surpass 66 wins. Get a life hail to the KING:2cents:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
They should be trying to use this money to get a bunch of solid players, not just one or two max players. This whole buy-your-way-to-victory approach will backfire. Mark my words.

That does worry me because as a Redskins fan we try doing this every year and it backfires. Each year the skins finish #1 in the offseason then #4 in the regular lol.