Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lebron petitions for new number = not coming to Knicks

I just hope Walsh gets the right people....My head is spinning over this sh%$

I think all of these people are long shots. Why would they want to play for the Knicks???

What's more likely is that D'Antoni will try to sign some of his Phoenix players: Raja Bell, Stoudemire, Nash and Q or Joe Johnson.

My idea of getting better is, rather than signing a bunch of big names, to carefully draft players at deficit positions, carefully decide which players to keep and which to drop, and then, after all that, when a solid team has been assembled, maybe trying to get to the next level, by adding a big name player to the roster.

They should be trying to use this money to get a bunch of solid players, not just one or two max players. This whole buy-your-way-to-victory approach will backfire. Mark my words.

Lebron's just throwing himself in the face of others again. Considers himself worthy of persecuting anyone who wears Jordan's number.

**** Lebron James.

Bill Russell was #6. He has 5 more titles as the leader of his team than Jordan.

It's about attention, cash, hype and an inflated sense of self appreciation vicariously conveyed through Michael Jordan.

Poo to Lebron.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

That ***** could get the whole team in a line pregame and do the electric slide for all I care. The cavs won 66 games last year because of his "antics" who gives a **** about that this is a game. People must have never played sports or something it makes me wonder with all the other stuff in the world that is going on bad why do people critize people having fun. Im not sure but you would have to add up 3 seasons of Knicks ball to equal or surpass 66 wins. Get a life hail to the KING

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    They should be trying to use this money to get a bunch of solid players, not just one or two max players. This whole buy-your-way-to-victory approach will backfire. Mark my words.

That does worry me because as a Redskins fan we try doing this every year and it backfires. Each year the skins finish #1 in the offseason then #4 in the regular lol.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He wouldn't have to petition for a new number if he was leaving Cleveland. Plus, #23 is retired in Chicago and Miami.

I say f*ck him.

Here's the plan:

Step1.)Retain Lee's Bird Rights and retain the MLE.
    Step2.)Sign Joe Johnson.
    Step3.)Sign and trade Lee for Bosh + Calderon - we would still be under the cap so the salaries would not need to match. Toronto gets All-Star player in return for losing Bosh (better than nothing) and gets huge cap relief by getting rid of Calderon (they want to move his salary)
    Step4.)Trade Curry's expiring contract to New Orleans for Emeka Okafur (huge cap relief for Hornets)
    Step5.)Use MLE to resign TMac + other players (preferably a backup big and another shooter)

PG-Calderon
    SG-Johnson
    SF-Gallo or Chandler
    PF-Bosh
    C-Okafur

w/ TMac, Douglas, and Gallo or Chandler off the bench.

And beat Lebron in the Conferance Finals next year!!

You must be remembering his UConn days because i would not touch Okafur with a 10 foot pole. His contract is one of the worst in the league. I like the premise of your idea but i want nothing to do with Okafur and his Eddy Curry like contract.