Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What should we do with LennyW?

listen and listen closey LENNY IS GOOD my god he comes in to a hole new team and then more trades happen and even more trades and look the knicks still make the playoffs who eles can do that

If a coach can't devise a scheme to produce easy baskets or around the basket shots, he is inept. Here's a coach with the most wins of all-time which would have been a story yet he's also the coach with the most losses of all time. He's too old. We need some one fresh in there. We know what Wilkens can do. It's not enough. The pick and roll kills that offense now. All teams were doing to that was double the ball and rotating. They kept pushing Marbury outside the three point area. By the time Marbury could find the screener and lob the ball, the defensive rotations and double man recovered. He doesn't emphasize on defense and the post. Two keys to winning a championship.

Here's some teams with post up and defense
    Lakers (post Shaq)
    Spurs (post Duncan)
    Nets (post Marting)
    Detroit (post Wallace)
    Indiana (post O'Neal)

Dallas, Sacrotomato & Minnesota are weak defensively therefore they don't succeed. They don't emphasize or preach defense. They aim to out score you not make stops.

Great points nycefnl! If Isaiah saw what you and I saw than Lenny's tenure as a Knick may be short.Lets hope Zeke handles this one with more class than Cheyney.

Thanks for the support. As we all are seeing now. Kevin Garnett falls too much in love with his own perimeter game. Therefore he puts no pressure on the defense, doesn't go to the line and his defender isn't in foul trouble. It doesn't matter who is down low just put the ball there at least. I'm convinced Sweetney and Mohammed could of exploited the inept defense of Collins and Williams and at least could have tired Martin on the defensive end.

I also think that Baker could have done better for the Knicks if he played more minutes against the Nets. He and Sweetney could pair up well, both are capable of drawing the defense out of the paint a bit, for a quick dish back in to the other foward. Wilkens needs to implement plays that compliment the Knicks players' strengths and aggressive defense, maybe even let the GM throw in some ideas.

Lenny's a good coach. You all just need time to gel and you need to make a couple more offseason moves before you contend for the playoffs or maybe even the title.

I would have agreed with you if they were competitive in the Nets series. And after his hiring and the long winning streak they had, teams figured his coaching strategy. And he was baffled by opposing defensive schemes. He's a horrendous coach!

besides if you dont want lenny who do you want there are no other good coachs can any1 name that are still avaible

Too late to get Byron Scott, I think Isiah himself would be the best choice right now for the job.

thats to much work on one guyys hands gm and couch