Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: The Obama deception

  1. #16
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    First Bold:
    Not true. I am a politician and I do not know any politician personally (that is a democrat, I can't speak for republicans) that has lied about what they are doing

    Second Bold:
    Incredible Joke.. Have you ever heard of George W Bush? or worse, Richard Nixon? even worse.. a local republican that is a state senator. Anyways.... Do you watch Fox(ixed) News? I'm willing to bet you watch it
    You don't know any politicians personally but you are blind to the fact that Obama has lied about important promises he gave during his campaign race....the pulling out of troops, 95 % americans recieving tax cuts...etc. plus we still don't know if he truly is what he says he is...a Christian as Obama would claim to be would never point to the Sermon on the Mount as radical...which he did....Jeremiah Wrights church is an obination to teh Christian faith and is anti-christian....

    This guy has lies from his choices, views, people in his cabinet who many are corrupt and have resigned already, his history with a thousand question marks....please JPZ Bush was bad after 8 years...Nixon lied and got caught...Obama is lieing more than anyone and is flying high in the sky thinking no one can spot him on the radar...just listen to his riduclous promises and honestly tell me that no politician lies! LOL that is an incredible joke my friend.

  2. #17
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    You don't know any politicians personally but you are blind to the fact that Obama has lied about important promises he gave during his campaign race....the pulling out of troops, 95 % americans recieving tax cuts...etc. plus we still don't know if he truly is what he says he is...a Christian as Obama would claim to be would never point to the Sermon on the Mount as radical...which he did....Jeremiah Wrights church is an obination to teh Christian faith and is anti-christian....

    This guy has lies from his choices, views, people in his cabinet who many are corrupt and have resigned already, his history with a thousand question marks....please JPZ Bush was bad after 8 years...Nixon lied and got caught...Obama is lieing more than anyone and is flying high in the sky thinking no one can spot him on the radar...just listen to his riduclous promises and honestly tell me that no politician lies! LOL that is an incredible joke my friend.
    I could address every point you made but I'm not going to. I will not waste my time debating with the impossible. One thing I will say is go look up for example the democratic convention speech. Listen to it. Go through every line and listen to if he says "I WILL or I PROMISE." Also you have to take into account that he is only a year into his presidency. 1/4 isn't exactly a whole lot. Sure he exaggerated. Almost every politician will exaggerate the point to get in office. Is that such a crime? He did not to my knowledge flat out lie.

  3. #18
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Paul, I should have been a bit clearer. I mentioned you were a born-again Christian, and a conservative ideologist, because you have labeled yourself as such. Because of this, your thinking, and that of those who try to obtain your patronage of their services, will be in conflict with those who believe in the other side's ideology.

    I think this is a fair assessment. If you agree, then please tell me why you believe your opinion to be fair and balanced? You, after all, have never been for Obama, have admittedly been a "birther," etc.

    As for Jimmy Carter, you're a conservative, so I get why you don't like him. I like him because he asked Americans to care about one another, to be moral, to live a life of service. In addition, he ended the embargo on Cuba, and he pulled all aid to the various dictatorships the U.S. had propped up, among other actions.

    Below, I pasted a poll for you to look at. It shows what people think about Carter. He never did what was politically advantageous, he was soft-spoken, kind and principled. He was what I thought Obama might have been. Obama is the better speaker, he is genuine, but he lacks the courage to do what he believes in.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


  4. #19
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Paul: I challenge you to go watch Capitalism a Love Story. Go rent it or whatever. It is a Michael Moore film. Watch that and then say this stuff. Please. If you do not do this I will never respect your political opinions. Trust me, I've watched plenty of Glen Feck shows. Know your opponent. Maybe he isn't your opponent. Find out. Watch Capitalism a love story.

  5. #20
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Paul, I should have been a bit clearer. I mentioned you were a born-again Christian, and a conservative ideologist, because you have labeled yourself as such. Because of this, your thinking, and that of those who try to obtain your patronage of their services, will be in conflict with those who believe in the other side's ideology.

    I think this is a fair assessment. If you agree, then please tell me why you believe your opinion to be fair and balanced? You, after all, have never been for Obama, have admittedly been a "birther," etc.

    As for Jimmy Carter, you're a conservative, so I get why you don't like him. I like him because he asked Americans to care about one another, to be moral, to live a life of service. In addition, he ended the embargo on Cuba, and he pulled all aid to the various dictatorships the U.S. had propped up, among other actions.

    Below, I pasted a poll for you to look at. It shows what people think about Carter. He never did what was politically advantageous, he was soft-spoken, kind and principled. He was what I thought Obama might have been. Obama is the better speaker, he is genuine, but he lacks the courage to do what he believes in.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    ill check out whatever you post because i am not close-minded...but u completely ignored the whole thing i gave about how Obama promised Bi-partisanship, A huge reason to why people voted for him, and he is acting the exact opposite by basically telling republicans to go shove it as long as all the democrats can vote for these ridiculous bills....

    What's your opinion on the fact that politicians were only given 72 hours to read what was in these massive bills before they were passed? And most of the democrats that voted for them did not even read the bills they just voted for it because Obama is part of their party and they think whatever he does is right, regardless of all the pork spending put in the bills which consists of billions on top of billions.....what's your view on this?

    You have to concerned about this topic at least.

  6. #21
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    Paul: I challenge you to go watch Capitalism a Love Story. Go rent it or whatever. It is a Michael Moore film. Watch that and then say this stuff. Please. If you do not do this I will never respect your political opinions. Trust me, I've watched plenty of Glen Feck shows. Know your opponent. Maybe he isn't your opponent. Find out. Watch Capitalism a love story.
    well Michael Moore i have some problems with but i will check it out...he's gotten better over the years but starting out i remember him just making ridiculous claims...at least he is willing to debate so i'll give him that... the only reason why i respect the guy.

  7. #22
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    I could address every point you made but I'm not going to. I will not waste my time debating with the impossible. One thing I will say is go look up for example the democratic convention speech. Listen to it. Go through every line and listen to if he says "I WILL or I PROMISE." Also you have to take into account that he is only a year into his presidency. 1/4 isn't exactly a whole lot. Sure he exaggerated. Almost every politician will exaggerate the point to get in office. Is that such a crime? He did not to my knowledge flat out lie.
    look at the video i posted and tell me if that is not flat out lies....Many democrats are turning against him because of these statements he made during his campaign race. I have many friends that voted for Obama, and now hate this guy because of what I am saying. He is a great speaker but he has many questions marks that I repeat over and over again but people just don't seem to care for some odd reason.
    If any other president appointed his cabinet members and had a shady history like Obama, I guarantee the news would still be all over it. His popularity as the first black president, being a great speaker, and being the first democratic president since Clinton has given him a huge advantage and is the reason why he has not taken so much heat yet. He also had the media on his side since day 1 or else he would be exposed for many things like his shady history, no birth certificate, statements like giving Americans 95% tax cuts which we all knew wold never happen but people voted for him because of these statements!
    So do I think he is a lier? Yes, because he made bold statements that he knew would never come true just to get in office, and on some of these topics he has switched completely to the goals he had during his campaign race.

    I'm obviously concerned, but Democrats should be more concerned.

  8. #23
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    look at the video i posted and tell me if that is not flat out lies....Many democrats are turning against him because of these statements he made during his campaign race. I have many friends that voted for Obama, and now hate this guy because of what I am saying. He is a great speaker but he has many questions marks that I repeat over and over again but people just don't seem to care for some odd reason.
    If any other president appointed his cabinet members and had a shady history like Obama, I guarantee the news would still be all over it. His popularity as the first black president, being a great speaker, and being the first democratic president since Clinton has given him a huge advantage and is the reason why he has not taken so much heat yet. He also had the media on his side since day 1 or else he would be exposed for many things like his shady history, no birth certificate, statements like giving Americans 95% tax cuts which we all knew wold never happen but people voted for him because of these statements!
    So do I think he is a lier? Yes, because he made bold statements that he knew would never come true just to get in office, and on some of these topics he has switched completely to the goals he had during his campaign race.

    I'm obviously concerned, but Democrats should be more concerned.

    I'll give you this. I hate his cabinet. geithner is a criminal just like every treasury secretary we have had since Carter's time or maybe fore that. No person who was a wall street guy should be allowed in political office. WAY too much bias in there... That is part of what Moore's new movie is about. He actually criticizes Geithner for a good amount of time.

  9. #24
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    There is a good reason why most Christians view God as an elephant instead of a donkey: Because most conservatives believe that life begins at the moment of conception while many liberals believe that the unborn are fetal tissues that don't possess a soul.

    I don't mean to open up a can of worms on an anti Obama thread, but why can't people look at politics objectively instead of being subjected to the political views that their minister or priest feeds to them from the pulpit?

  10. #25
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Everything you have posted in this thread has been a full fledged talking point. You obviously do not grasp politics as a whole, and like most republicans have chosen to be told what to think/say rather than to figure things out for yourself.

    Not everything you see/hear is true. A video with small seconds of sound bytes doesn't prove that Obama is the biggest liar in presidential history. You sounds very uninformed, yet of course have this pretend outrage about something that you can't even comprehend.

    You're quotes about jamming things down peoples throats, or claiming the health care bill was too long to read make you sound like a puppet. The way bills are written make them seem long, when it actuality it was no longer than your typical novel at a couple hundred pages. Nobody is trying to jam something down anybody's throat. We have a president who is trying to make good on his presidential promise to bring healthcare reform. So that millions of people can get coverage who otherwise would go bankrupt paying for such a thing. The people who don't want it, are people like yourself who have no idea what the bill will accomplish. They just know it's bad. And how? Cause Meghan Kelly, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh tell them that every single day!

    Name some specific things you have a problem with Obama doing, and I will respond to them point by point. There are a lot of things I disagree with Obama for doing....but my guess is yours will be the ones you were told to believe, and things are are false. He's been in office barely over a year...and you're claiming he's lied about stuff he said he'd do, that he hasn't yet, yet claiming he's jamming things down our throats. It's just whatever is convenient for you isn't it? Do you realize how limited the power is that the President truly possesses? The things in your 7 lies in 2 minutes things...at least 5-6 of those things were not even close to lies. And the other 1 or 2 things were just typical political statements.

  11. #26
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Combs
    Everything you have posted in this thread has been a full fledged talking point. You obviously do not grasp politics as a whole, and like most republicans have chosen to be told what to think/say rather than to figure things out for yourself.

    Not everything you see/hear is true. A video with small seconds of sound bytes doesn't prove that Obama is the biggest liar in presidential history. You sounds very uninformed, yet of course have this pretend outrage about something that you can't even comprehend.

    You're quotes about jamming things down peoples throats, or claiming the health care bill was too long to read make you sound like a puppet. The way bills are written make them seem long, when it actuality it was no longer than your typical novel at a couple hundred pages. Nobody is trying to jam something down anybody's throat. We have a president who is trying to make good on his presidential promise to bring healthcare reform. So that millions of people can get coverage who otherwise would go bankrupt paying for such a thing. The people who don't want it, are people like yourself who have no idea what the bill will accomplish. They just know it's bad. And how? Cause Meghan Kelly, Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh tell them that every single day!

    Name some specific things you have a problem with Obama doing, and I will respond to them point by point. There are a lot of things I disagree with Obama for doing....but my guess is yours will be the ones you were told to believe, and things are are false. He's been in office barely over a year...and you're claiming he's lied about stuff he said he'd do, that he hasn't yet, yet claiming he's jamming things down our throats. It's just whatever is convenient for you isn't it? Do you realize how limited the power is that the President truly possesses? The things in your 7 lies in 2 minutes things...at least 5-6 of those things were not even close to lies. And the other 1 or 2 things were just typical political statements.
    okay maybe not the biggest liar in presidential history but give him the top 3...and this was not a few seconds...it was 10 minutes of only a small amount of the lies he has said and the flip flopping that he has done on HUGE subjects that got him his presidency. Stop taking this so light...this is important.

    First off you obviously sound like you did not even follow the progression of these bills being passed....this was obviously jammed down our throats....did you see the votes? Barely any republicans if any voted for it and almost all of the democrats voted for it...clearly a one sided show in Washington. AND something you should realize Combs, these bills are not an average novel that you can read in a few days these bills ranged from roughly 600 to over 1000 pages long, how do you expect anyone to argue against a bill when they have only 72 hours to read that much information???What are you talking about...these bills were like encyclopedias full of information and this was obviously done in this fashion so no one could pick apart the bill and expose any weaknesses or pork spending in it...if that is not evidence of something being forced upon then I dont know what is. Do some research even an average Joe like me knows this stuff. I'm not a political analyse but I won't be fooled by some savvy speaker in Washington who has the media on his side from Day 1 and has question marks all over the place. Stop being close minded.

    You want some points?

    Okay- He promised that 95% of Americans would receive tax cuts.
    -He promised to remove troops from the Iraqi War...not only did he not do that but he sent 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan, even if it was necessary, he lied to the american people about his plans and no democrat would have voted for him if he said that he would add troops.
    -He promised and stressed bi-partisanship in his administration and he has shown an agenda of the exact opposite
    -He promised to not pork spend, wasteful spending, and have lobbyist in his administration...this is all false in his bills alone there is billions of dollars in wasteful spending
    -His history is shady...apparently he grew up in a Muslim school, found Christ somewhere along the line but feels that Jesus's miracles like the Sermon on the Mount are radical, his religious views are contradictory but he still stands that he is a Christian. His birth certificate is still non existent, how can someone be president with no birth certificate made to the public? And why is he hiding it???
    -His history of being a "community organizer" had him associated with Bill Aires(weatherman group that had numerous bombings) and the like, Obama was recommended and backed up by ACORN, the most corrupt voter registration organization this country has seen and Obama denies being tied with them
    -Obama has been backed up by people with a radical background that included black panthers, socialists, a few communists supporters, just obvious radical people that have views that are completely opposite of the constitution and our way of life...so seeing Obama change this country is not surprising me.
    Last edited by Paul1355; Mar 15, 2010 at 07:51.

  12. #27
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    There is a good reason why most Christians view God as an elephant instead of a donkey: Because most conservatives believe that life begins at the moment of conception while many liberals believe that the unborn are fetal tissues that don't possess a soul.

    I don't mean to open up a can of worms on an anti Obama thread, but why can't people look at politics objectively instead of being subjected to the political views that their minister or priest feeds to them from the pulpit?
    this is a whole different topic but honestly once a baby is clearly visible...it is alive...you can ignore that fact that it has a heart beating and legs and arms moving in order to justify abortion....the fact is that you can't justify abortion...it is murder plain and simple, there is no grey area in this topic and there is nothing harsh in that statement. Killing a baby in the womb...how can you defend that?

  13. #28
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    this is a whole different topic but honestly once a baby is clearly visible...it is alive...you can ignore that fact that it has a heart beating and legs and arms moving in order to justify abortion....the fact is that you can't justify abortion...it is murder plain and simple, there is no grey area in this topic and there is nothing harsh in that statement. Killing a baby in the womb...how can you defend that?
    I wasn't trying to debate whether I thought abortion was something immoral or justifiable.The issue that I have with many GOP politicians is how most of them try to reach out to church goers by supporting pro-life policies.And how many on the religious side are convinced that if they don't vote for these right-wing propagandists they are sinning against God.They'll even go as far as labeling their fellow church goers as being misguided for supporting democratic candidates or any of their policies.I'm sure that if Obama became pro-life he would instantly be absolved from all of his wrong doings according to church members and be accepted by them as a righteous person.

    I never understood how many Chritians voted for a guy like George Bush because he said that he was pro-life but these same people never had much to say about the executions that Bush was responsible for when he was govenor of Texas and the troops that died in Iraq while Bush was president.If a politician is going to claim that he is cares about the living in order to gain voters then he needs to practice what he preaches.

  14. #29
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I wasn't trying to debate whether I thought abortion was something immoral or justifiable.The issue that I have with many GOP politicians is how most of them try to reach out to church goers by supporting pro-life policies.And how many on the religious side are convinced that if they don't vote for these right-wing propagandists they are sinning against God.They'll even go as far as labeling their fellow church goers as being misguided for supporting democratic candidates or any of their policies.I'm sure that if Obama became pro-life he would instantly be absolved from all of his wrong doings according to church members and be accepted by them as a righteous person.

    I never understood how many Chritians voted for a guy like George Bush because he said that he was pro-life but these same people never had much to say about the executions that Bush was responsible for when he was govenor of Texas and the troops that died in Iraq while Bush was president.If a politician is going to claim that he is cares about the living in order to gain voters then he needs to practice what he preaches.
    i agree that someone like Bush did try to look good in the public light with the pro life views when he was killing people in Iraq...but take into account that even though he is a Christian he does have some twisted biblical views that are not true, for example he thought that every person, as long as they believe in God, would all be in the same heaven, that is totally false if you call yourself a Christian so Bush had his issues.

    Basically if your a politician that runs this country, like Obama, and you don't vote pro-life then it is true to the pro-life supporter that you are only helping in the killing of babies so there is only two extremes to the issue.

  15. #30
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    you realize that politics is big business. Campaigns cost money...Corporations shell out money....your biggest contribitors aren't just giving away money for tax benefits.

    The best candidate was the 3rd party candidate. But Americans stupidly usually look at Democrat Republican thing. When you have preconceived notions like

    Democrats are for
    - Poor People
    - Minorities
    - Young People

    Republicans are for
    - Rich
    - Heartless bastards
    - Religious people

    Which is as far as some voters go....this is what happens. The world is run by corporations that much has been proven throughout time.

Similar Threads

  1. obama calling congress into a special
    By paris401 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2009, 12:52
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: Mar 30, 2009, 07:23
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 10, 2008, 09:58
  4. Financially, Obama is not the answer.
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 12, 2008, 09:25
  5. Any body watch Obama on the O'Relly Factor
    By Paul1355 in forum Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2008, 11:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •