Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Hill playing Awesome

Hybrid View

Veteran

Trade Icon Jordan Hill playing Awesome

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

F Jordan Hill, playing with David Andersen out with a sore lower back, showed flashes of the potential that made him an important part of the Rockets' trade deadline deal with the Knicks. Hill had 12 points and eight rebounds, both season bests for the rookie, while playing 23 minutes.

PG-Brooks adding Hill into the offense made Hill feel like a teammate again.
    u must admit Jordan Hill does not look like a bust, he look like a raw rookie with NBA potential talent as a bigman.

Meh, he had one good game...not sure I'd classify it as him "playing well"...more that he "played well".

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

F Jordan Hill, playing with David Andersen out with a sore lower back, showed flashes of the potential that made him an important part of the Rockets' trade deadline deal with the Knicks. Hill had 12 points and eight rebounds, both season bests for the rookie, while playing 23 minutes.

PG-Brooks adding Hill into the offense made Hill feel like a teammate again.
    u must admit Jordan Hill does not look like a bust, he look like a raw rookie with NBA potential talent as a bigman.
    Good post. I agree. Hill showed potential, in his limited playing time with the Knicks. His post up game and rebounding was good, for only getting 10 minutes per game. He looked better on the court than Jeffries, so I don't get why Dyke M'Anphony refused to give him playing time.

Too bad D'Anphony and Walsh didn't give him a chance. There's a reason why the Rockets wanted Hill. I doubt it was because they thought he was a bust.

He just hadn't played with a real PG. Sadly, we had to lose Hill to get one. He's definitely not a bust and he definitely could have played the 5. D'Antoni really shouldn't have alienated him.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    He just hadn't played with a real PG. Sadly, we had to lose Hill to get one. He's definitely not a bust and he definitely could have played the 5. D'Antoni really shouldn't have alienated him.

Our PG position got weaker after the trade-deadline....we DNP Nate, Hughes, and Toney Douglas the first 50 games from letting them become a backcourt-tandem to lead the PG position. All 3 players are NBA combo-guards with experience to work together as a tandem in the backcourt.

There was no reason for Wilson Chandler to play one minute at the SG-position during this 2009-10 season.
    All the Knicks guards disaproved of Wilson Chandler at the SG position throughout everyone of the Preseason Games, even Wilson Chandler disaproved of playing the SG position by throwing up outrageous 3-balls throughout the preseason games and the first 10 games of the season.
    RED-FLAG
    Why do u think Dantoni made rookie Toney Douglas a starter alongside of Duhon early in the season???

Wilson Chandler is a natural NBA SF!!!
    Wilson Chandler is not a better SG than Nate or Hughes on offense or defense. He is clueless as a guard on how to tandem-up with the PG to make a decent back-court tandem.
    Do u trust Chandler to dribble the ball up court on offense? NO!
    How many times have he done that all season? few to none!
    That is why Chandler playing at the SG position after training-camp indicated celebrity coach Damntoni is "TANKING" the 2009-10 season.
    Or he just do not know how to coach in the NBA.

Every Knick game that Damntoni coached....only show that Shawn Marion and Nash was the catylist calling all the shots in the Phoenix Suns success...

Veteran

Angry What happpen

I did not have intention on writing all of the above in this rookie Jordan Hill thread that shows he is a long way from being a BUST.
    But alot of people act like they dont know what happen this season, or they did not witness the worst coaching in the Knicks history.

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cqJfeFU0K_g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

His next game ^

I did not have intention on writing all of the above in this rookie Jordan Hill thread that shows he is a long way from being a BUST.
    But alot of people act like they dont know what happen this season, or they did not witness the worst coaching in the Knicks history.
    Come on dude. 2nd worst.... Please don't say CannedBaloni is worse than Zeke. You just can't...

I'm not loving the Hill trade either man..... But it's not the be all and end all of the situation. If things don't work out before next season, then I'll be backing your every word. Until then.....hmmmmmm
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Mar 09, 2010 at 23:01.

Veteran

Originally Posted by abcd
    Good post. I agree. Hill showed potential, in his limited playing time with the Knicks. His post up game and rebounding was good, for only getting 10 minutes per game. He looked better on the court than Jeffries, so I don't get why Dyke M'Anphony refused to give him playing time.

Too bad D'Anphony and Walsh didn't give him a chance. There's a reason why the Rockets wanted Hill. I doubt it was because they thought he was a bust.
    abcd....how come it is so hard for some Knick-Fans and members to understand the factor of trading our 8th Lottery Pick?
    Especially when the 8th pick is the player to actually fill-in the "BIG-HOLE" from lastseason frontcourt and this season frontcourt.

Jordan Hill became one of the top-10 picks in the 2009 draft from his defensive prowness of athleticism (100% pure hustle) in the paint at Arizona.
    Another Varegao, Noah, Oakley, Rodman, PF-players known for their high IQ of controlling the paint area and boards, not offensive scoring.

It would've been cheaper giving 6.10 Rookie Jordan Hill 24 minutes of playingtime in a line-up of 6.9 Lee and 6.9 Harrington so the two veteran players could develope the rookie to do all the things they are not going to do as expiring-contract players.
    It makes so much (logical) sense now on why Damntoni put so many Knick players in his "DNP" dog-house early in the season.....Knick-players had to be pissed-off to where they had to had curse Dantoni out several times for putting weak a*** Gallo in as the PF rather than somebody that will mix it up in the paint like rookie PF-Jordan Hill (alongside of David Lee, simular to Lee & Zach in the paint but with DEFENSE).

If we still had C-Patrick Ewing, which player would take a big load of pressure off of Ewing in the paint-area on offense & defense?
    6.10 PF-Hill?
    OR
    6.10 PF-Gallo?

[B]

If we still had C-Patrick Ewing, which player would take a big load of pressure off of Ewing in the paint-area on offense & defense?
    6.10 PF-Hill?
    OR
    6.10 PF-Gallo?
    Yea and if i win the powerball i'll be a millionaire... WTF are you talking about dude.

I'm fairly certain nobody wanted to trade Jordan Hill, but we had to trade him. In order to clear JJ's salary the deal had to be made. All season we had threads complaining that Donnie Walsh needs to do something and trade JJ or Curry and then he goes out there and does it and in the process of making the deadline trades he adds a few players that would be nice rotation players in the future in Rodriguez and Walker.

Trading Hill was a risk but it's definately a high risk high reward risk. If we don't land any of the free agents it's a bad trade but i for one won't second guess it because in order to have a seat at the free agent table this summer the deal had to be made.

Jordan Hill may very well devolop into a nice rotation player but he's fair from a player that will put a team over the top. It comes down to do you want to slowly build a team that may be an 8th seed or go for broke and hit the jackpot this offseason and contend for titleS. Maybe some people would take mediocracy since we've been so bad lately but i'm somebody who wants greatness and in order to be great we need to have money to spend and now we do.

This team has been cap strapped since the summer of 97 when we got Childs, Houston, and LJ.. Now for the first time in 13 years we have cap flexibility and we can finally improve yet some people are complaining about Jordan Hill. Seriously Jordan Hill?

And Kiya go do some research... Hill was never a dominate defender at Zona. he got blocks because he's a 7 footer but he played half assed defense and was consistantly in foul trouble against the better teams.

It's amazing how two draft picks would have probably started to change the losing culture of the Knicks. Unfortunately, Walsh f***** up on both of them.

Gallo (should have been) Lopez
    Hill (should have been) Jennings

Veteran

Originally Posted by GetRealistic

This team has been cap strapped since the summer of 97 when we got Childs, Houston, and LJ.. Now for the first time in 13 years we have cap flexibility and we can finally improve yet some people are complaining about Jordan Hill. Seriously Jordan Hill?

And Kiya go do some research... Hill was never a dominate defender at Zona. he got blocks because he's a 7 footer but he played half assed defense and was consistantly in foul trouble against the better teams.

Walsh had 2 offseasons and two trading deadlines to get rid of Zach, Curry, Crawful, and Jefferies.....without giving up any first round draft picks.
    This is Donnie Walsh Plan....u and many may want this and like this, but dont make the next Man want and like it too.
    There are only 4 Max FA in the 2010 market (Lebron, D.Wade, Bosh, and Dirk), if u want to believe one of those players will be a Knick next season....then keep on dreamin.

Walsh gave up defensive-players: PG-Mardy Collins, SF-Balkman, and now PF-Hill.
    In the 40 years I been watching the Knicks their WINNING seasons were on DEFENSE.

For the last 3 seasons every Knick-Fan and member been saying and writing "the Knicks need a defensive bigman to protect the paint to stop oponents from having a layup-line on us.".

This team has been cap b/c that is what the owner wanted for the value of the Knicks Franchise as high as the sky for business purposes (Assets)...

shut up and praise D'Antoni.. everyone

Veteran

Getrealistic....this thread is not about the trade of Jordan Hill, its about the reason why Jordan Hill was traded.
    Out of 51 games with the Knicks Jordan Hill played 250 minutes.
    Out of 8 games with the Rockets Jordan Hill played 100 minutes.
    The same way 6.9 Scola talents needs a defensive bigman to run the floor with him, 6.9 David Lee needed the same defensive bigman to run the floor with him at the start of this season.
    David Lee as our center did not need a SF-Jefferies, SF-Gallo, and SF-Chandler "pretending" to be a defensive Bigman PF.

u and so many others believe the trade was done for cap space for the 2010 offseason.....
    If that was true, then the Knicks being a consistent 23 WIN team could've put 2 first round picks (2009 & 2012) on the trade-table along with Curry's contract at the 2009 draft night to go after T-Mac, Boozer, Okafor, or Chandler. Believe me, if those players team did not bite then several other teams would've bitten at that offer before the 8th pick arrived.

What transaction did we do to lower the cap throughout the 2009 offseason (June to October)?

he's a dime a dozen...look at Channing Frye

its about the system you are playing in.