Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Trade Scenarios for Our C

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Trade Scenarios for Our C

    Who do you want/How do you get him?

    Right now, I want us to keep Chandler and be our elite, dynamic 6th man; thus using Curry + Douglas + pick to make a trade for a C.

    I love Anthony Randolph, and it seems like a great package to do a swap for him. We just need to get some overpaid donkey on GSW to make it totally work.

    Is it worth gambling all our chips on the following team?

    pg Serg
    sg JJohnson
    sf Gallo
    pf Bosh
    C Randolph
    6th Chandler

    My main problem is that while the team *might* be a legit contender next year, it is most primed to reach it's elite status in 2-3 years, when JJ may already be tailing off.

    This kinda irks me, but if we put faith in a 1-2 yr, reasonable progression of Serg, Chandler, Randolph, Gallo, the team is an absolute killer almost right away, and depending on fulfillment of talent between Randolph+Gallo it could be an absolute beast.

    Sucks to have such "coulds" and "ifs"....but....to go from the basement to a legit playoff team with legit contending hopes and a true shot at being an absolute beast....not the worst spot to have such ifs and coulds.

  2. #2
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Mike D'Antoni doesn't like having centers that can play defense. That's why he passed up on Brook Lopez and Jordan Hill.

  3. #3
    Member JujuXG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    after you use the word picks -.-, how many more picks are we giving up? seriously...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by JujuXG
    after you use the word picks -.-, how many more picks are we giving up? seriously...

    Yah! If we don't get anybody this summer, we need to start rebuilding conservatively which means no more trading picks and radical trades for unproven players like Anthony Randolph. We need to face it...there's no quick fixes.

  5. #5
    Newbie NYKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Four options for a combo E. Curry + W. Chandler (or S. Rodriguez) :

    1 Curry + Chandler + Rodrigues + 3M >>> Collison & Okafor
    the Knicks get a PG with great potential and a defensive C

    2 Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Monta Ellis
    the Knicks get a PG who is among the 10 top scorers of the championship

    3 Curry + Rodriguez + 3M >>> DJ Augustin, Diop & Henderson (or pick)
    the Knicks get two young (PG and SG / SF or pick) and a defensive C (backup)

    4 Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Iguodala & Jrue Holiday
    the Knicks get a SG / SF scorer and a young PG (backup)

  6. #6
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    911
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Emeka Oakafor is right up there with Darko if you ask me in terms of High picks who do not produce in my era...... I like the fact that TMAC is gonna give us some cap space but we really look like fools the past two years in the draft. Giving up on Hill so early was foolish this is bringing me back to the Spoon,O-Harrington,Malik days when we never had a frontcourt player over 6'10 worth spitting on.

    Anyways Toney Douglas for Deandre Jordan trade makes sense for us im not to sure who the Clippers back up is

  7. #7
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKing
    Four options for a combo E. Curry + W. Chandler (or S. Rodriguez) :

    1 Curry + Chandler + Rodrigues + 3M >>> Collison & Okafor
    the Knicks get a PG with great potential and a defensive C

    2 Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Monta Ellis
    the Knicks get a PG who is among the 10 top scorers of the championship

    3 Curry + Rodriguez + 3M >>> DJ Augustin, Diop & Henderson (or pick)
    the Knicks get two young (PG and SG / SF or pick) and a defensive C (backup)

    4 Curry + Chandler + 3M >>> Iguodala & Jrue Holiday
    the Knicks get a SG / SF scorer and a young PG (backup)
    Dumbest trade suggestions in the history of the KO. Why would the Hornets trade Collison whose stock is incredibly high and potential to be a great player? The sixers trading Iguodola for non other than Curry, wow!

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    His idea is probably that they'd dump Collison because:

    1) They have CP3
    2) They desperately would love to dump Emeka Okafor's contract on someone else

    I'm not saying that I agree, but that's probably his reasoning.

    I think an Okafor trade would work - Curry's expiring contract is pretty valuable come the offseason and I'd love to see a Curry for Okafor swap - and maybe the Hornets would throw some picks in there. We take so much salary off of the Hornets' hands that they should be more than happy to give us a pick

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    maybe we can trade Gallo for a big man like Jerome James.

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Who do you want/How do you get him?

    Right now, I want us to keep Chandler and be our elite, dynamic 6th man; thus using Curry + Douglas + pick to make a trade for a C.

    I love Anthony Randolph, and it seems like a great package to do a swap for him. We just need to get some overpaid donkey on GSW to make it totally work.

    Is it worth gambling all our chips on the following team?

    pg Serg
    sg JJohnson
    sf Gallo
    pf Bosh
    C Randolph
    6th Chandler

    My main problem is that while the team *might* be a legit contender next year, it is most primed to reach it's elite status in 2-3 years, when JJ may already be tailing off.

    This kinda irks me, but if we put faith in a 1-2 yr, reasonable progression of Serg, Chandler, Randolph, Gallo, the team is an absolute killer almost right away, and depending on fulfillment of talent between Randolph+Gallo it could be an absolute beast.

    Sucks to have such "coulds" and "ifs"....but....to go from the basement to a legit playoff team with legit contending hopes and a true shot at being an absolute beast....not the worst spot to have such ifs and coulds.
    we don't have to trade toney douglas or curry to get a center....your idea is bad when you look at our future.

    We can afford a max contract, Lee and a decent center next year while keeping Douglas and buying out Curry.

Similar Threads

  1. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 15:53
  2. Trade Deadline Moves Knicks need to make.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2010, 22:02
  3. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 10:43
  4. Trade Watch: Top big men on the block
    By _______√ictory_______ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 23:26
  5. Trade: ZRandolph for Lamar Odom
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2008, 01:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •