Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False religion on it's last legs.

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default False religion on it's last legs.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is bad on all levels for the world. Tragic loss of life from events like this, with both sides claiming to have God's backing. shameful.

Pretty soon, the powers that be will eliminate false religion. Events like this, the israeli-Palestinian conflict, along with the overall decline in religious people in the world are the tell tale signs. A group of religious people have been preaching the end of false religion for years. Who will heed the warning?

Religion will ebb and flow with time and historical events. It's pendulum that can swing in both directions. We are in an age of scientific mastery but our growth as a species will not always be smooth. We are one global financial collapse away from an entire generation growing up in strife without a decent education leading many to fall back on the crutch of religion. It may not happen in our life times but society will reset many times before it's all over.

A religious person complaining about one group of religious people killing another group of religious people. What's the common problem here? Religion! Irony?

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    A religious person complaining about one group of religious people killing another group of religious people. What's the common problem here? Religion! Irony?

You have a problem paying attn. the topic is "FALSE RELIGION IS ON IT"S LAST LEGS".

I'm complaining about "FALSE RELIGION". If those involved parties were truly following their respective faiths, this event would never have happened. Point blank, smart guy.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    You have a problem paying attn. the topic is "FALSE RELIGION IS ON IT"S LAST LEGS".

I'm complaining about "FALSE RELIGION". If those involved parties were truly following their respective faiths, this event would never have happened. Point blank, smart guy.
    Your sarcasm is childish. You believe every religion is false except your own. As do all religious people. Hence, the irony.

And once again, you're wrong.

Koran Surah 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the infidels wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

The Koran tells them to kill the non-believers.

Veteran

Your sarcasm is childish. You believe every religion is false except your own. As do all religious people. Hence, the irony.
    Cept for the fact that what Jehovah's witnesses have been preaching unfolds right in front of everyone's faces. Only the blind and ignorant miss it, to be honestly frank.

And once again, you're wrong.

Koran Surah 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the infidels wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

The Koran tells them to kill the non-believers.

Veteran

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Religion will ebb and flow with time and historical events. It's pendulum that can swing in both directions. We are in an age of scientific mastery but our growth as a species will not always be smooth. We are one global financial collapse away from an entire generation growing up in strife without a decent education leading many to fall back on the crutch of religion. It may not happen in our life times but society will reset many times before it's all over.

The world will do nothing but continue to get worse and worse. Even in the age of science mastery, the world is becoming a worse place to live in each day. And there is nothing man can do apart from God to fix it. And they've tried everything. EXCEPT RIDDING THE WORLD OF FALSE RELIGION.

That's coming real soon.

The world will do nothing but continue to get worse and worse. Even in the age of science mastery, the world is becoming a worse place to live in each day. And there is nothing man can do apart from God to fix it. And they've tried everything. EXCEPT RIDDING THE WORLD OF FALSE RELIGION.

That's coming real soon.
    So all religions are "false" except for yours? I personally am agnostic bordering on atheist but that type of certitude you display is exactly what is wrong with ALL religions.

BTW, the world is infinitely better place to live in now than it was even 100 years ago. Advancements in science, technology expansion of liberty and equal rights for woman spring to mind as examples of progress we have made.
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Mar 10, 2010 at 16:35.

Veteran

BTW, the world is infinitely better place to live in now than it was even 100 years ago. Advancements in science, technology expansion of liberty and equal rights for woman spring to mind as examples of progress we have made.
    Those examples you gave only tell half the story. Some advancements in science have people scared to death. Nuclear and biological weapons comes to mind. And while liberty is a good thing, if not curtailed some, can be problematic. All for equal rights.

In the meantime, people are still starving, jobless, no health care, no moral standards (is there much on tv a kid can watch without some adult content?) Wars. If it's wicked, it's happening somewhere on earth!

Not to shoot you down, I understand what you mean, but for every good advancement we make, some idiot is taking it for his own gain, at the cost of lives. And that is simply because like Jehovah said, man is not able to guide his own footsteps. No matter how many advancements man makes, apart from God, he will fail.

Veteran

So all religions are "false" except for yours? I personally am agnostic bordering on atheist but that type of certitude you display is exactly what is wrong with ALL religions.

I could see from your perspective why you would think so off hand. But a simple look into bible would reveal the truth. At some point in time, there had to had been one religion. If you trace back to before sin, there was one religion. Obviously, there is a correct way to worship God, which would make it true, and an incorrect way to worship God, false.

Do you really think if there is a God, he would agree with every form of worship? Could you honestly see the many religions on earth all of a sudden being cohesive in heaven, if they were actually going? Or would there be Jihad on the Christians, in heaven? Or would the God of the bible all of a sudden tolerate adultery, or homosexuality? Even if I were not religious, I still would believe in order. And there is no way a supreme being would allow such a lack of order, and call it worship. Good thing I don't have to speculate.

And another thing, just because all faiths say they are the way to God, does not mean they are. If they as a group are not living even up to their God's standards, then that alone is a false testimony. PERIOD. And that also does not mean that one of them cannot buck the trend.

I'll speak for me, maybe for the last time here. Jehovah's people believe wholeheartedly in the Bible as God's word to man, on moral issues, family issues, and according to all good will toward mankind in general. The hope of life eternal as God originally meant it for mankind. As a whole, you will find no other group on the planet more united in their faith. It is utterly amazing that a witness can be on one side of the globe, one day, travel to another the next, and still be able to present the very same material he would have in the previous country. You cannot find such a thing in any other faith. They do not stray from God's moral standards, to fit the times. Why? because God's laws and principles were meant to last forever, so what change is needed?

Every other faith sways and bends on moral issues. Is that order? Or is that changing with the times? Some Muslims say the Koran teaches peace and prosperity. Some say it's for Jihad. America and great Brit, once considered the cornerstones of the Christian world are watching the slow death of Christendom unfold before their very eyes. Why? Because the ones in charge were not doing God's will, but committing their own atrocities.

Bottom line really as a Christian should be, are you following Christ? Would Christ adhere to adultery, homosexuality, murder, lying, stealing, etc? The answer is an emphatic NO! Would Jesus say he is God? NO! Would Jesus say there is hell? NO! Once saved, always saved? NO! These are all things being OK'd Christendom, that has helped steer people away from Christianity in general. Just like Muslims who strive for peace are getting drowned out by Jihad.

Isaiah 2:2 And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: “Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. 4 And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.

This has happened. This bible prophecy only concerns one group of people on earth, and That's Jehovah's witnesses. And not because I say so, but because they are the only one's willing to live this out. And that is just the plain ole truth. Handle it.

I could see from your perspective why you would think so off hand. But a simple look into bible would reveal the truth. At some point in time, there had to had been one religion. If you trace back to before sin, there was one religion. Obviously, there is a correct way to worship God, which would make it true, and an incorrect way to worship God, false.
    You find truth in books and I find truth in life. I formulate my opinions and beliefs off of my experience not some book written by man thousands of years ago. I do not need the threat of damnation or the reward of eternal bliss to be a good person. Our values are inherent and developed out of a hunter/gatherer society long before man codified those ideas in books.

Have you ever played the game Operator as a kid? It's the game where kids sit in a big circle and one person whispers a message that is passed in secret from kid to kid. By the time the message gets to the end of the circle it only vaguely resembles the original message. Now take that concept and add politics, different languages and several thousand years and you begin to understand how flawed it is to put ones faith in a book. A book that has been edited, rewritten and translated thousands of times. Entire gospels, chapters and verses completely erased from existence depending on what pope, emperor or king was in power.

Do you really think if there is a God, he would agree with every form of worship?
    Yes. I believe IF there were a god, an all powerful, all knowing supreme being he/she/it would not be so insecure as to care how one would go about showing respect or worship. Nor do I think god is so needy that he needs humans worshiping him at all. Further an all knowing being knows what is in your heart and does not need you to manifest your feelings outwardly. Praying and religion is for human beings, not god. According to your belief God knows everything that has happened and what will happen so why would one need to prove anything?

More specifically, I believe if there were a god that just being a good person is enough and one is free to worship (or not) any way they chose. I for one want no part in a supreme dictator that controls our every action and judges us not on our hearts but on what rituals we follow.

Could you honestly see the many religions on earth all of a sudden being cohesive in heaven, if they were actually going? Or would there be Jihad on the Christians, in heaven?
    The concept that there is some eternal magical place we all go after we die is laughable. Especially a place where we retain our memories and bring the baggage of the physical world with us. NO, I am fairly confident none of us will be sitting on a cloud strumming a gold harp arguing over which religion is best.

Or would the God of the bible all of a sudden tolerate adultery, or homosexuality?
    Well, the god of the bible does not exist and it is proven by all the flaws and mistakes in nature. Why would a perfect being like god have so many failures? Stars, planets and galaxies that fail to form. Babies born with deformities and genetic defects. etc etc

Further homosexuality exists in nature not just in humans. Under your belief, god created everything we see including homosexuality. Since homosexuality is not just a human manifestation one can safely conclude that it is not some "test" for humans. SO if there were a god I am sure he would accept homosexuals as he does all his other creations.

Even if I were not religious, I still would believe in order. And there is no way a supreme being would allow such a lack of order, and call it worship. Good thing I don't have to speculate.
    Yet this supreme being tolerates it every day on earth. God does not need us to walk the path or test us when he knows everything we will ever do or think. Religion is so flawed and easy to pick apart.

You are entitled to your beliefs and I don't begrudge you for your religion. I take offense to anyone person or doctrine claiming they know the real way to god. The truth is, none of us know anything but what another flawed human being told us. One can be a good person and follow any religion or even no religion at all. Religion is a crutch to many who are looking for answers and nothing more. There are too many contradictions and false certitude in religious dogma for me personally to believe in any one god or book.

I could cling to the Old Testament, the original book and it's warnings about fake religions and false prophets to totally discount every religion that has come since. (including JW and other forms of Christianity) The truth is people pick and chose what parts they believe and what parts they dismiss. You are no better than the radical Muslim that believes all infidels are wrong and must be converted to Islam or suffer the fate of a punitive, intolerant supreme being.
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Mar 11, 2010 at 10:08.

This is bad on all levels for the world. Tragic loss of life from events like this, with both sides claiming to have God's backing. shameful.

Pretty soon, the powers that be will eliminate false religion. Events like this, the israeli-Palestinian conflict, along with the overall decline in religious people in the world are the tell tale signs. A group of religious people have been preaching the end of false religion for years. Who will heed the warning?
    you people are fools...false religion will increase and has been increasing for centuries...we went from Pagan to the roman catholic chruch to now a million different type of religion...whoever thinks it is dying is a fool.

The one world religion, goverment, ruler, will happen, yes, but as of right now false teachers will increase and so will false beliefs....Revelation tells it all, read it.

The funniest thing about this is that Paul is a born again christian and K4lyfe is a JW. Both Christians, yet both think the other is wrong and is following a false religion.

Veteran

The funniest thing about this is that Paul is a born again christian and K4lyfe is a JW. Both Christians, yet both think the other is wrong and is following a false religion.

I'm just gonna say that there is not a group on earth who follow the Christ more closely than Jw's. Even Jesus said many will acknowledge him as Lord, but he will turn them away. Meaning that there will be many professed followers of his, that are not truly following him. He says those who do ,NOT HIS WILL, but the will of his Father, will be saved. (Mat chap 7)

Only Jehovah's witnesses Acknowledge Jesus Father as the only true God. Just as Jesus did in John 17:3. If Jesus is the way, and only one group of people truly follow him, why then should this group shrink back, when they are truly the one's following the Christ?

There is only one group of true Christians on earth. And again, not because I say so, but because the Bible's description of a true Christian only fits JW's. Can't make this stuff up.