Curry aka Big Snacks will play tonight

nyk_nyk

All Star
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/curry_expects_to_play_tonight_against_UD7qH7C5mzlN6JNqA9OZDK

Curry expects to play tonight when Knicks face Spurs

By MARK HALE
Last Updated: 2:27 PM, March 10, 2010
Posted: 2:19 AM, March 10, 2010
<!-- context: -->Tonight, Eddy Curry will be feeling some butterflies. Because it's been a while since he even has been active for a game, let alone played in one.
With 19 games to go, the Knicks' perpetually injured big man is set to return to action in San Antonio tonight.
Curry hasn't played since Dec. 17, missing 38 straight games, thanks in part to coach Mike D'Antoni's decision not to play him but mainly to the left knee surgery Curry underwent in January.
"Feeling pretty good. Just go out there [tonight] and see what I can do," Curry said after practice yesterday. "[I'm] a little bit nervous. I haven't played in so long. But I'm looking forward to the opportunity."
WALSH WILL BE WATCHING
Curry is averaging just 3.7 points and 1.9 rebounds in 8.9 minutes this season, and it's pretty much an unknown what he can offer now. When D'Antoni was asked yesterday what his expectation was on what Curry could give the Knicks and also how much he would look to play him, the coach replied, "No idea and no idea."
"With a lot of these guys, we'll just kind of feel it out and see how he goes and he'll tell me and I'll look at it," D'Antoni said. "I do want to play him and keep amping up the minutes a little bit. But I would imagine the first week or so is going to be kind of rocky, and we'll have to go from there."
Said David Lee, "He's strong as hell in the paint. There's no doubt about
that. He's getting his timing back with catching and finishing and things like that. And those are things that'll come. But anytime you're a big body like he is inside and you have as quick feet as he does, the only thing that's going to be a little bit short is probably cardio, but he can pick that up in a few games."
Curry has only played in seven games this season, and they haven't even been all consecutive. He missed the season's first 10 games with a torn right plantaris muscle, then came back to play four straight games in November. But a sore left knee sent him to the sidelines after that, and he didn't play again until Dec. 11 when he played three more times. So, no, Curry has not played in the 2010 calendar year yet.
D'Antoni called it "a good chance [for Curry] to start anew and get him back on track," and Curry hopes to have the remainder of the season be a springboard.
"I'm just looking at it as an opportunity to go out there and get some games in and try to go into the summer with some kind of momentum," he said. "It's all about me just trying to get some kind of rhythm."
While Curry expects to play tonight, Tracy McGrady remains questionable. He sat out Monday's game due to soreness and fatigue, and he participated in yesterday's warm-ups but not the full practice. D'Antoni wasn't sure if McGrady would be available tonight.
[email protected]

stacyfor3

Rookie
any game links?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Curry pulled himself out of the game because his knee was sore again.

There will be a massive celebration when this piece of crap is finally gone.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Curry? Thin?

Anyone have any courtside shots of Curry? I was told he had "slimmed down" and was wondering if this was truth or hyperbole.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Curry pulled himself out of the game because his knee was sore again.

There will be a massive celebration when this piece of crap is finally gone.

I thought it was his calf. Anyhow, it's getting to the point where he's basically just sabotaging the team and preventing them from improving in any way. This guy is getting paid millions when there is somebody out there that can contribute 100x more than he can for less money.

There is no reason for any player to be taking this long to make it back on the court unless it involves a serious medical issue. I wish Curry brought guns into the locker room instead of Arenas so we could have voided his contract.

paris401

Starter
I thought it was his calf. Anyhow, it's getting to the point where he's basically just sabotaging the team and preventing them from improving in any way. This guy is getting paid millions when there is somebody out there that can contribute 100x more than he can for less money.

There is no reason for any player to be taking this long to make it back on the court unless it involves a serious medical issue. I wish Curry brought guns into the locker room instead of Arenas so we could have voided his contract.

the 'bullets' did not void his contract, as they felt that course of action was not possible... we should have put a 'no-mickey-d's ' clause in fat-fuk curry's contract.. that would have voided it years ago....

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
He was probably just afraid of DeJuan Blair. Can't say I blame him. Curry eats cheeseburgers and Blair eats people who try to box him out.

But seriously Curry is horrible. Hopefully there's something in the new CBA to protect against contracts like Curry's.

Kiyaman

Legend
I never was a Fan of bringing Curry to the Knicks, especially when the Bulls finally pulled themselves together with the twin-towers of Curry & Chandler, with fowards Deng & Nocioni, and Guards Hinrich & Gordon.
I wanted to see what those 6 players would be like after playing 3 seasons together.

Eddy Curry with the Knicks was a good & bad move....good for the training of assistant coach Mark Aquire, and even better if we would've hired the unemployed ex-Knick player Patrick Ewing as his trainer too, making Herb Williams interim headcoach.
Bad move b/c we already signed Jerome James to the max MLE that same offseason, plus that same offseason Owner Dolan hired a Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown who had previous years of animosity against the Knicks G.M. Isiah Thomas.

I see Eddy Curry as a little slow, but he isnt anybody fool....Walsh 2010 Plan included trading Curry, firing Mark Aquire meant no pregame training, and hiring Damntoni who never give playingtime to a center b/c him and his staff is clueless on using and defending NBA centers.
All of us Knick-Fans are angry at Curry for coming into training-camp out of shape and over weight....as if Damntoni was going to give Eddy Curry some playingtime in his so-call "seven-second" system. Curry dont shoot 3-Balls.
And Damntoni dont know how to design a low-post offensive play for a Bigman.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Seriously there is nothing that could be done about his contract? There has to be a way for the Knicks to get an exception. This guy medically can't perform, always something with this fat ****. This bastard is stealing money like crazy.