Thread: LARRY HUGHES WAS RIGHT, he played, we won 11 games and he scored avg of 22/game?

Avon, Colorado, deep in the Rockies, played ball in St. Louis

Default LARRY HUGHES WAS RIGHT, he played, we won 11 games and he scored avg of 22/game?

Guess it is time to tune into March Madness and throw in the towell on our 30 win Knicks. I wonder if D'Ant and is high school coach brother use calculated each player contribution when we were winning this year (game in that mid 30 win column? A player with 12 years, and attended a high academic school like St. Louis University may have a math based case for "why aren't the Knicks in the playoffs"?
    A tad bit of analysis blew me away. Larry Hughes played in every single win up to March, not only did he play, he scored an average of those 11 wins of 20.1 ppg. He also was in the top 5 in steals in the NBA during the same period. D'Antoni's specialty. Never played more than 10 minutes in February, believe we won 2-3 games for the month. T-Mac was our answer, you think? I think the guy (Hughes) had a legit gripe, why sit on the bench for a month after you got the team out of the worst start in history, then started all December and contributed to the Knicks their best December in a dozen years? Sure, he is pulling a couple hundred K down a night with that contract, but guys like to win. We were surely headed for number 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs. No player likes to loose and all he ever said is that he wanted to contribute, he earned a spot in the starting rotation, then came back after missing three games with a quad or hamstring, so D' Antoni gave him the NATE ROBINSON treatment, but longer. He went to Walsh, D'Ant has a closed door policy. It's got to be tough watching Duhon score 23 points, when you had 20.1 ppg in 11 wins (a third of the total). I know that stinks, but it would be nice to see the team progress. Oh, the Duhon 23 points were for the whole month of February. There just was nothing to gain by getting rid of him but wins. T-Mac makes more, he was gone after the years end, why can't D'Antoini and Walsh show some improvement with two years at the wheel. Sure, he wasn't a keeper, but Walsh said he got him for defense and he covered the passing lanes pretty well.
    I think that we could have had a series or two, in the playoffs, but this is some sad hoops now. Oh well, maybe there is some factor I am missing, but I know the Knicks are missing W's that the were nailing against Phoenix and Atlanta and a few other decent teams, then it all went to hell. Maybe next year.
    Don't think these owners are going to be bucking up the big dollars everyone believes. Nothing critical, just a good December and early January and we went to ****. Need a NBA package rebate.

Again You hmm according nba game logs from nba site to FEBRUARY 05, since than nyk won 3 games as You said...
    Larry scored ( in wins ) in turn vs.:
    NOH - 20
    IND - 22
    NJN - 13
    PHX - 11
    ATL - 16
    NJN - 25
    POR - 21
    NOH - 8
    CHI - 4
    DET - 0
    WAS - 11

it is 151 points / 11 games = 13,7 AVG PPG

So it is not 20.1 or maybe You have calculated weighted by minutes avarage ? I don't think so that any avg could give him 20 pts since 2005...

13 mln for 13 ppg in 11 games - what a coincidence !
    Last edited by milchshake; Mar 13, 2010 at 07:45.

Veteran

Smile

Ha ha ha....I was looking for our rebate too LOL

It was'nt a question on who was suppose to be our 82 game starter at SG.
    We had a 12 year experience SG-Larry Hughes.
    We had two PG to chose from to start with Hughes (Duhon? or Nate?).
    And we had a rookie combo-guard to learn everything he can from them being the 4th guard off the bench.

SF-Wilson Chandler was not suppose to play 1 minute at the gaurd position this 2009-10 season (thats like putting Marion or Rudy Gay at the guard position).

I could'nt help bashing headcoach Damntoni the first game this season vs the Miami Heat. The DNP on Larry Hughes whom happen to be one of the better defenders on Kobe and D.Wade in the league.....was uncalled for with no ledgit excuse or reason for that DNP of the first game other than "TANKING".

It bothered me why Knicks announcers Clyde & Breen never gave Larry Hughes any props when it was Larry Hughes whom established a team-defense for his teammates to run-back on defense to a certain position which added more wins than losses. Knick-Fans witness this team-defensive effort for over 10 games but refuse to give props also to the player.

Larry Hughes had Jefferies catylist the team-defense at the foul line while Chandler and Hughes upset the passing-lane. Knicks headcoach Damntoni did not know anything about this kind of defensive-design b/c coach Pat Riley taught it to coach Byron Scott who taught it to coach Eddie Jordan who taught it to Hughes & Jefferies.

Veteran

We did not need Larry Hughes to be our scorer, we needed Larry Hughes for the same reason Lebron James wanted Hughes, to establish an effective team-defense for the passing-lane to use at crunchtime, which got Lebron to his first FINALS.

Headcoach Damtoni did not care about the Knicks having a winning 2009-10 season. If Damntoni wanted to win more games than lose his Godson Gallo would be averaging 12 to 16 minutes of playingtime after 65 Knick Games, not 33 mpg.
    The developement of Gallo would've been better his first full season in the NBA on a .500 record team rather than a 22-43 record team with him a 33 mpg starter.

What would have happen if Larry Hughes started the season as our 30 mpg starter?

The thought of giving SG-Larry Hughes 30 or more minutes a game this season had crossed headcoach Damntoni's mind all offseason, it was alright untill the resigning of scoring-guard Nate Robinson in October. With Nate as the 6th Man.....
    Starting Hughes would put SF-Wilson Chandler in his natural position for playingtime (at the SF position), which would have caused big-problems with Gallo getting playingtime b/c Donnie Walsh pet player Harrington's 30 mpg with 10 years experience (at the SF position) is the best experience SF on this Knick team. Coach Don Nelson said it best "u could put Harrington into the game at center or PF but Harrington will still perform like a SF.".

With Larry Hughes calling shots as a starter, rookie Jordan Hill would've beat-out Gallo for playingtime 10 to 1 at the PF position.
    Rookie Jordan Hill raw potential has a natural talent to "Bumb Big Bodies" in the paint for put-backs and rebounds (Coach Adelman is luvin his new C/F-Hill banging-bodies and jumping like a wild man in the paint).
    All of the top-10 best NBA coaches would've never gave Gallo playingtime over Harrington & Chandler at the SF position, or playingtime over rookie Jordan Hill at the PF position, unless these players were in foul trouble (its like putting AK47 over Boozer or Milsap at the PF position).

The Knicks played Memphis Frontcourt of "7.0 Gasol, 6.9 Zach, 6.8 Gay" and could not come close to matching up with Memphis frontcourt players with any of our frontcourt lineups with the 37 mpg Gallo on the court.

Damntoni must be FIRED at the end of this season....he is a conflict of interest concerning Gallo's developement as a NBA player

Default No just 11 wins when Hughes played heavy minutes in December and first week of Jan

Originally Posted by milchshake
    Again You hmm according nba game logs from nba site to FEBRUARY 05, since than nyk won 3 games as You said...
    Larry scored ( in wins ) in turn vs.:
    NOH - 20
    IND - 22
    NJN - 13
    PHX - 11
    ATL - 16
    NJN - 25
    POR - 21
    NOH - 8
    CHI - 4
    DET - 0
    WAS - 11

it is 151 points / 11 games = 13,7 AVG PPG

So it is not 20.1 or maybe You have calculated weighted by minutes avarage ? I don't think so that any avg could give him 20 pts since 2005...

13 mln for 13 ppg in 11 games - what a coincidence !
    Not looking for a significant statistical non arguable number that confirms without a reasonable doubt that Hughes assisted the KNICKS with Wins, but just from watching every-game of the year, until the trade happened and though T-Mac has a way better career than Hughes, Robinson, or Douglas and Duhon, let's face it, your not coming in with 6 or 7 games on the floor this year and expect to gel in a month at his age. It was a move that the team, threw in the towel on wins and on their own number one draft pick, Jordan Hill, who with this team's talent pool, should contribute heavy minutes, they figures out he was a mistake and what did we get for him? T-Mac? PLEASE

Then if Hughes is such a problem, I am not running excel for 2 hours, Michael Jordan says yes to Larry Brown's move here:

Bobcats Add Depth With Hughes
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: March 13, 2010
    SIGN IN TO RECOMMEND

The Charlotte Bobcats signed the veteran guard Larry Hughes to help with depth in the backcourt as they attempt to reach the playoffs for the first time. Hughes was traded from the Knicks to Sacramento last month and then waived. He has averaged 14.6 points since being the eighth overall pick of Philadelphia in 1998. Charlotte has been looking for help in the backcourt since trading Flip Murray to Chicago last month.

D'Antoni and our Knicks should have got the 8th pick, this was nothing but a wasted year that showed that instead of priming and pimping the Knicks, D'Antoni made the press for all the wrong reasons, with Marbury, Curry, Robinson, Hughes, etc. That players coach label went way down on like to play for meter, Hughes, tight with Lebron, he is not going to play for D'Antoni. How stupid can a coach and GM get? They had it in December, Hughes pulled them out of the worst start, got into the starting line up, but then all the Robinson and Hughes crap. That mickey mouse high school benching for a month you get worked out in the preseason, not in the press.
    Who is going to want to come here? Get two top tier free agents, good, the go for the New York, MSG and D'Antoni sell, then they are going to ask, who is the other three guys starting with the team? Those second Tier guys are got the word from Marbury, Curry, Robinson and Hughes, that this guy is not all he is cracked up to be (two years, we are winning less games) and do I wan't to ride the pine for a month like Nate? Get fined for asking for a trade? That is plain misery for a player, and their is a lot of other teams that have improved better than NY in the last 24 months, plus have a top star or two locked down (and happy). Will be interesting. Maybe Nash will save D'Antoni's butt like he covered it for those years, a nice 38 year old point guard, or maybe Duhon will start for another 50 games at 35 plus minutes and that is the answer like this year. Hell, I don't know, but for two years, I see no improvement, and more dirty laundry in the organization.
    Good comments above, believe all are dead on right.

My bad on the quick keyboarding, we should have got the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs. Jordan Hill is a bust, their fault on poor analysis of a kid that was not allowed even to play a year in high school due to grades and would not compete against other players at the combines.
    One, more big screw up, not signing Lee to a multiyear last year, now they are going to be outbid after and if they get their two so called top tier players.

there's no way I'm reading those long ass paragraphs

All I can say is...Larry hughes is a bitch ass *****...

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    there's no way I'm reading those long ass paragraphs

All I can say is...Larry hughes is a bitch ass *****...
    Lmao Black and Kiya make the perfect match.