New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread 3/13/2010

Has Danilo Gallinari been a disappointment this season?

• No, he's practically a rookie. He needs more time.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No, I knew he was a bust.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes, why is the #6 overall pick playing like the #26 overall pick?

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yes, he needs to go to the D League.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread 3/13/10
FF_255579_l.jpg
Dallas_Mavericks_logo.png

david-lee-knicks-pistonsjpg-716ecff6869fc5ce_medium.jpg

David Lee and the Knicks
20.2 points, 11.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists, .5 blocks

vs.

cbs.TheMavFan.42590.dd.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks
25.1 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.1 blocks

FF_255579_l.jpg

The Knicks are on a 2 game losing streak. They look to snap their losing streak against the Mavericks.

Dallas_Mavericks_logo.png

The Mavericks are on a 13 game winning streak. They look to extend their winning streak against the Knicks.

key%20worker.jpg

Key Matchup
Dirk.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki

vs.

medium_new-york-knicks-danilo-gallinari.jpg

Danilo Gallinari

Nowitzki is one of the best players in the NBA. His team is currently #2 in the western conference. It will be interesting to see how he plays against the Knicks.

Gallinari is efficient behind the three point line. Many compare him to Nowitzki and Bargnani, because of his size and 3 point shot. It will be interesting to see how he does against the Mavericks.

Starting Lineups
Knicks
PG Rodriguez
SG McGrady
SF Chandler
PF Gallinari
C Lee

Mavericks
PG Kidd
SG Butler
SF Marion
PF Nowitzki
C Haywood

Video of the Day
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hE56JPLOTDw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited:

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
A little too much hate on Gallo. For a few games you actually saw hi in the post and not camped out by the 3pt line.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Good game thread ABCD.

Nowitszki versus Gallo is going to be nice matchup. The Big Cock has the size and stroke to go hard on Dirk. Dirk will take a pounding tonight. :gony:

spiegel8

Rookie
McGrady is going through the down period that is expected after a MF surgery/ it took jason kidd almost 18 months to even get any explosiveness back into his knee and the same with kneyon martyn. mcgrady has only been played 15 real games after the surgery. it s a slow and painfull process.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Good game thread ABCD.

Nowitszki versus Gallo is going to be nice matchup. The Big Cock has the size and stroke to go hard on Dirk. Dirk will take a pounding tonight. :gony:

Lol I wish, Gallo betta take notes today. Nowitski used to camp out in the three point line in his rookie year, but he developed a killer post/midrange game, which has catapaulted him into superstardom. I'm positive Gallo will develop a Nowitzki-like midrange game that will help catapault him to greatness and make all those haters cry NEXT YEAR. Unfortunetely, this year he still camps. So unless a miracle happens, Dirk gonna rape the Big Cock :( I hope I'm wrong.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
What a win tonight(I dont think they gonna blow a 26 point lead with 8 min to play). Wish they were giving back the Garden favor(50pt). But I'll take this.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What a win tonight(I dont think they gonna blow a 26 point lead with 8 min to play). Wish they were giving back the Garden favor(50pt). But I'll take this.

lol I wouldn't hold it past the Knicks.

Good revenge game for the Knicks. Toney Douglas is very impressive. He and Sergio Rodriguez might be able to fill the point guard position.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Holy shit, we won...
...by over 30...
...on the road...
..opponent was on a 13 game winning streak...
...and Douglas started...

Am I smoking something?

CoolClyde

best game of the year

easily the best game of the year vs the hottest team in the league.
Tony Douglas, STARTING and STARRING! Where has this point guard been all year? oh yeah, sitting on the bench, while Duhound whittled away the entire season with poor-ass play. and why is TD getting run now? has he miraculously become a great player in the past week? because the season's over for the Knicks? because D'amntoni plays a stupid short rotation that does not allow him to assess his talent until it bites him in the ass (ie: N8 scoring 41 after a month-long benching...).

The entire team played great tonite, excellent defense in the paint, amazing play by Al, and Skywalker coming into his own (I hope). and McGrody actually showing his shooting talent!

Games like this make you wanna believe the Knicks are capable of excellent play. Why do I have a nagging feeling they're going to be the Brickerbockers before you know it?

Man o man, what a fantastic game to watch. Great job fellas!
:peace::peace::gony::peace::peace:

TheSkaBoss

Rookie
D'Antoni siempre tuvo rotaciones cortas. En Phoenix hac?a lo mismo. 8 players per game. Good game TD. Sergio = :( Duhon returns :O

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Great game for the Knicks.

Finally Toney Douglas starts at the point and shows us what he can do. He should have been playing much earlier in the season.

Were my eyes mistaken or did the whole Knicks team play great defence? Shots being blocked and all.

Great game all round.

Douglas, Gallo, Chandler and Walker are keepers and we can build with them.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Have to admit Duhon is a class act. He didn't complain during his benching. I wouldn't have benched Spanish Chocolate. Is it just me or does Eddie House really get on my nerves?

knicksin60

Starter
I know that it's only one game and the Mavs will rebound from this defeat but I was getting tired of of the large amount of people jumping on their bandwagon during their 13 game winning streak.They made a couple of trades and bolstered their roster and so many people were crowning them 2010 NBA champions.This is something I never understood about NBA fans and sports fans in general; how when a team improves on paper they are perceived by the masses as the favorite to win it all.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Have to admit Duhon is a class act. He didn't complain during his benching. I wouldn't have benched Spanish Chocolate. Is it just me or does Eddie House really get on my nerves?

It's not just you, I hate Eddie Blouse with a passion.

And great showing by Toney D, it'll be interesting to see how much longer he can continue to play at this level.