Will Jamison, M.Williams and Delonte be the reasons why Lebron stays in Cleveland?

knicksin60

Starter
Knowing that all three of these players aren't superstars and will be under contract past this season or beyond, do you think that Lebron James believes that he could win multiple championships with this supporting cast? It's very difficult to assume that Donnie Walsh will be able to build a SSOL team around Lebron James that will be either just as good as Cleveland is now or better.

I also think that Lebron James would rather play the next 3 or 4 years for a team that will automatically win 65 games a season than wait until his late 20's or even early 30's to be in a position to win his first NBA championship.Players usually start declining when they approach their mid 30's and I don't see Lebron wanting to go through the pressure of having to win 2 or 3 championships in the last 6 years of his prime.I know Michael Jordan didn't win his first NBA championship until he was 28 but he was already on a playoff team in his mid 20's.There is no guarantee that the Knicks would instantly become just as good as the pre-championship Bulls by adding Lebron James. I don't mean to sound pessimistic and I know this argument has been brought up more than a billion times but there is a good possibility that Lebron thinks that he is surrounded by the best role players in the NBA right now and this could be the reason why he stays where he is at.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Winning TWO championships in NY far more monumental and >>>> Winning 7 Championships in Cleveland.

iSaYughh

Starter
Some don't seem to realize just how good Lebron is, and how magnificent his impact on a team is, and will be.

Jamison, M. Will, and Delonte? No.

Jamison is pretty good but he is old and far from a superstar. Williams is a definition of mediocrity, and Delonte has been a 26yr old backup with unproven and sporadic performance.

pg Serg/Douglas
sg Walker/Douglas
sf Gallo
pf Lebron
c Bosh
6th Chandler
Asset: Curry's Expiring

Depending on financials, an argument could be made to sign JJ vs. Bosh, given our ability to trade for a young, defensive, athletic C.

Either way, this team...let alone this FRANCHISE....rapes Cleveland so hard it gives the L&O: SVU unit a decade's worth of material to work with.

Come Lebron, come my son, come.

Paul1355

All Star
Knowing that all three of these players aren't superstars and will be under contract past this season or beyond, do you think that Lebron James believes that he could win multiple championships with this supporting cast? It's very difficult to assume that Donnie Walsh will be able to build a SSOL team around Lebron James that will be either just as good as Cleveland is now or better.

I also think that Lebron James would rather play the next 3 or 4 years for a team that will automatically win 65 games a season than wait until his late 20's or even early 30's to be in a position to win his first NBA championship.Players usually start declining when they approach their mid 30's and I don't see Lebron wanting to go through the pressure of having to win 2 or 3 championships in the last 6 years of his prime.I know Michael Jordan didn't win his first NBA championship until he was 28 but he was already on a playoff team in his mid 20's.There is no guarantee that the Knicks would instantly become just as good as the pre-championship Bulls by adding Lebron James. I don't mean to sound pessimistic and I know this argument has been brought up more than a billion times but there is a good possibility that Lebron thinks that he is surrounded by the best role players in the NBA right now and this could be the reason why he stays where he is at.
James won't win anything with Mo Williams, Delonte, and Jamison.....also being that Shaq and Jamison are both injury prone I dont see how Lebron can be so persuaded to stay because of those players.

knicksin60

Starter
Winning TWO championships in NY far more monumental and >>>> Winning 7 Championships in Cleveland.

I understand, but unless Lebron is convinced that the Knicks will be good enough in the next 10 years to win a couple of championships I don't see him leaving Cleveland for NY.

knicksin60

Starter
Some don't seem to realize just how good Lebron is, and how magnificent his impact on a team is, and will be.

Jamison, M. Will, and Delonte? No.

Jamison is pretty good but he is old and far from a superstar. Williams is a definition of mediocrity, and Delonte has been a 26yr old backup with unproven and sporadic performance.

pg Serg/Douglas
sg Walker/Douglas
sf Gallo
pf Lebron
c Bosh
6th Chandler
Asset: Curry's Expiring

Depending on financials, an argument could be made to sign JJ vs. Bosh, given our ability to trade for a young, defensive, athletic C.

Either way, this team...let alone this FRANCHISE....rapes Cleveland so hard it gives the L&O: SVU unit a decade's worth of material to work with.

Come Lebron, come my son, come.

I think two major things have to happen in the next few months in order for Lebron James to sign with the Knicks:

1.The Cavs get eliminated in the playoffs or lose in the NBA finals.

2.The Knicks sign either Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade,Carlos Boozer or Amare Stoudemire to be their second option on offense.

I feel that if the Cavs make the NBA finals and fall within a few games of winning it all, Lebron James might sign a 2 or 3 year extension with Cleveland in order to put himself in a position of winning his first title in 2011 or 2012.He knows that even if the Cavs don't win a championship in the next 3 years he will still have at least 5 or 6 years great years left in him to play elsewhere.

Let's say Cleveland doesn't make the NBA finals this year but Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, Carlos Boozer, and Amare Stoudemire don't sign with the Knicks this offseason, do you think Lebron is going to have enough faith to believe that Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler and Tony Douglas is a strong enough supporting cast that will help him advance to the NBA finals? I'm not trying to knock the Knicks and their young aspiring talent but there is no one on the Knicks right now who is signed past 2010 that will be a good 2nd option to Lebron.Perhaps Donnie Walsh got rid of Jared Jeffries because he believes that if he acquires a player like Bosh or Wade it would entice Lebron to sign with the Knicks.Everyone knows that the Knicks have many voids to fill this offseason and acquiring two superstars would fill most of those voids.

knicksin60

Starter
James won't win anything with Mo Williams, Delonte, and Jamison.....also being that Shaq and Jamison are both injury prone I dont see how Lebron can be so persuaded to stay because of those players.

It's easy to look at Lebron's supporting cast right now on paper and conclude that they won't win because of their age and their injuries, but they are still one of the best teams in the NBA and unless they get eliminated in the playoffs they will be making the NBA finals.You think Lebron is going to ditch Cleveland,if they come within 1 or 2 games of winning a championship, in order to play for a team that could be 3 or 4 years away from being a championship contender? You could say all you want about the are and health of the Cavalier players but they have more than a 75 percent chance of contending for a title this season while the Knicks haven't even been in the playoff picture for nearly 6 years.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I just heard on NBA.com that Cleveland are 29-1 in the last 3 seasons in games that Verajao has scored 14 + points.

He's only done that 30 times!?

And they sign him to a multi year $50 odd million contract?

So, they'll win if Verajou (spelling) can be cured of crapitis.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I just heard on NBA.com that Cleveland are 29-1 in the last 3 seasons in games that Verajao has scored 14 + points.

He's only done that 30 times!?

And they sign him to a multi year $50 odd million contract?

So, they'll win if Verajou (spelling) can be cured of crapitis.

Varejao is a great role player that is actually an extra defender on the floor. Have you even watch Cavs games, the guy covers the perimeter and inside on one possession each time down floor. He does that every game, reason why Lebron loves him. Is he worth the contract? No, but you sir don't know a clue about the game of basketball MAMAGUEBO!

Paul1355

All Star
It's easy to look at Lebron's supporting cast right now on paper and conclude that they won't win because of their age and their injuries, but they are still one of the best teams in the NBA and unless they get eliminated in the playoffs they will be making the NBA finals.You think Lebron is going to ditch Cleveland,if they come within 1 or 2 games of winning a championship, in order to play for a team that could be 3 or 4 years away from being a championship contender? You could say all you want about the are and health of the Cavalier players but they have more than a 75 percent chance of contending for a title this season while the Knicks haven't even been in the playoff picture for nearly 6 years.

no one knows what lebron is thinking...some think that if he wins a championship that he will stay, which I believe, and other think that if he wins a championship then he will go...so honestly no one knows but I see Lebron as a guy who would love the spotlight and all the endorsements and fame in NYC, He would be equivalent to Derek jeter, he would have the keys to the kingdom and change this team around.....BUT who knows if he wants to rebuild again when he has done that for years with the Cavs...it's 40/60 chance he is a Knick.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Varejao is a great role player that is actually an extra defender on the floor. Have you even watch Cavs games, the guy covers the perimeter and inside on one possession each time down floor. He does that every game, reason why Lebron loves him. Is he worth the contract? No, but you sir don't know a clue about the game of basketball MAMAGUEBO!
That's so bold coming from the moron that said Gallo should go to D League. And you sir, are not only the angriest little fruit on the site, but also one of the most illiterate (analfabeto) tards here as well.

Eat penis.

KirksORIG

Rookie

i tend to agree with you here.. but we can't forget the Lebron does love NY and he wants to build a brand and the best place to do that is in NY. He wants to be a billionaire, he isn't going to get that if he stays in Cleveland. I think he might just take the fact that he won't win a championship for a few more years and come to the knicks. You have to remember he is only at the cavs beacuase he was drafted there, now it is up to him to decided what he wants. Championship NOW(if they don't win this season) or Championship LATER, but a great deal more money and more business opportunities.

clumsy

Rotation player
Unless It was Lebron's child hood dream to have a body guard who carried guns on his person while riding a motorcycle i don't think so.