Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J.J. Barea

Default J.J. Barea

J.J. Barea told Marc Berman of the New York Post he'd welcome an offer from the New York Knicks if and when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has a team option but has a lot of money tied up in Jason Kidd and up-and-comer Rodrigue Beaubois. Meanwhile the Knicks seem to be merely going with Toney Douglas because they have to, with Chris Duhon as the backup as Sergio Rodriguez sat as a DNP-CD.

"Hey, if I got to go somewhere, the Knicks is the place," Barea told the Post. "It's New York City. A lot of Puerto Ricans over there. And I like the coach [Mike D'Antoni] they have now. I love his system and the way they play. If I got to go somewhere, I would love to be there."

Do we look at J.J. as a role player worth adding? J.J. or Sergio is the question I guess...

I would rather stick with Sergio, because he already knows the playbook.

he'd be the tenth man, in our 9 man rotation -_-

if he wants to come at min. salary sure he is worth a test

The Knicks sign Barea and Ginobili, trade for Rudy Fernandez, Marc Gasol and Charlie Villanueva and the Knicks could very well be one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    The Knicks sign Barea and Ginobili, trade for Rudy Fernandez, Marc Gasol and Charlie Villanueva and the Knicks could very well be one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.
    Really? Who on that team is the franchise player/star with the killer instinct to take home the championship?

this is one of the craziest statements ive ever heard...we'd speak the best spanish maybe but that's it....(no shots tho im a fan of all those guys minus villanueva)

LOL @ Charlie V! Great plan bro! Great plan!

Yeah lets get a Uconn frontcourt with Emeka Okafor Charlie V and Rudy Gay.

Why is there so many people on this forum trying to make the entire Knicks roster of Hispanic descent? SMH

All those guys suck except for Manu.

I want ****in' LeBron. **** everybody else...

You guys don't want Barea. All the Mavs fans I know hate him and don't understand why he plays over Beaubois. He really isn't that good when you take a look at his game. He's like a hispanic Nate Robinson with a worse shot.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ Most Maverick fans are ignorant Redneck Cowboy fans. Don't really **** about basketball...they're basketball knowledge is as existent as the San Antonio Spurs fanbase.

I laugh at people who use the word "Hispanic", and categorize Argentinians and Puerto Ricans into the same group.

As for JJ Barea's ability, its definately there.

Barea is really a creator(plays nothing like Nate).
    He just happens to start at SG next to arguably the greatest passer of all time in Jason Kidd. Therefor he's asked to score more than pass more, even though he's the guy who pushes the Mavericks offense in the full court since Jason Kidd cannot run the floor as quick as he use to 5-7 years ago. Thats Barea's purpose in Dallas, to push the ball and create plays. He's good at both. D'Antoni is definately interested in those type of players.

One thing is for sure is that The Mavericks organization love JJ Barea.

He went undrafted, and worked his way up to the NBA and eventually became a starter(not anymore with all star Caron Butler starting next to Kidd)

JJ is a hard working guard who has a very high IQ and plays with a lot of energy.

His energy generates a lot of offense, scoring and passing.

He's a better passer than he is a scorer, but his scoring is good too which is a credit to him.

Defensively, Barea will give 90%, where as Nate would give 20%.

Barea potential's in this offense?

15-16 ppg
    6-7 assist

Rodriguez potential in this offense?

12 ppg
    8-9 assist

Am I going to pick between the two? No.
    Both are very talented high energy PG's built for this offense and much better options than Duhon/Douglas or any PG we had since Marbury.

But we started with Rodriguez and I want to give him a chance to grow and learn and develop.

Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Really? Who on that team is the franchise player/star with the killer instinct to take home the championship?
    I never said that the Knicks would win a championship with those guys; they would probably win between 50-55 games and finish in the top 4 in their conference.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Mar 14, 2010 at 23:27.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    LOL @ Charlie V! Great plan bro! Great plan!
    You could knock Villanueva all you like, but he would probably be a better team player for the Knicks than Al Harrington.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Mar 14, 2010 at 23:29.

charlie v gives no effort on d, none on the boards, and his offense is way overrated...he cant start over jonas jerebko...

barea's good but we dont need him i like sRod as a backup, and someone better to start in front of him.