PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Andre Igudola
SF: Thaddeus Young
PF: Elton Brand
C: Samuel Dalembert

:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

smokes

Huge Member
Good start but T-mac jacking 3's ain't gonna last all game... hopefully it fires him up for some high % plays.

nk11

Benchwarmer
tony douglas is playing well...i really dont see him as the guy for us in the future tho. gallo hit some nice shots. lmao at clyde sucking him off every time he does what he's supposed to...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
tony douglas is playing well...i really dont see him as the guy for us in the future tho. gallo hit some nice shots. lmao at clyde sucking him off every time he does what he's supposed to...

Clyde sucking who off? How can anyone take you seriously with a sig of Lil Wayne????

Anyways great game, finally held a team under 90. And S-Rod hasn't been getting it done lately, hopefully he steps his game up. I hope he works on his shot this offseason, that would help him a lot. And great game by Toney D!

smokes

Huge Member
The way Toney D plays at the moment is exciting, I could see him running the point next year especially as we're potentially gonna have a free agent who can take some of the ballhandling duties. It's nice to see his D still in effect even when he's stroking it on the offensive end.

However, how many times have we seen players shine for a few games and then go back to mediocrity... seems to have happened with every single player on the Knicks roster.

fsufan09

Rookie
I can't believe I just made an account on a New York Knicks forum but after witnessing Douglas play for 3 years at my school I have to tell you guys you have a PLAYER. I have looked up and down the threads on these forums and it doesn't seem like he gets much respect around here at all, probably because he's not that "big name" player. I'm glad he's proving people wrong. He wasn't a huge name coming out of the draft because FSU is not known to be a basketball school but you guys have a STEAL. I don't have access to games, but after looking at the box score it looks as if Toney is learning how to distribute the ball, which is SCARY (for other teams) if he has added this to his repertoire. The kid can score, play GREAT defense, handle the ball, and is now learning how to distribute the ball, what else could you possible want out of a player? I'm glad he's finally proving all you Knicks fans wrong, you are very seriously lucky to have him. SO START SHOWING THE ROOKIE SOME RESPECT!

smokes

Huge Member
I can't believe I just made an account on a New York Knicks forum but after witnessing Douglas play for 3 years at my school I have to tell you guys you have a PLAYER. I have looked up and down the threads on these forums and it doesn't seem like he gets much respect around here at all, probably because he's not that "big name" player. I'm glad he's proving people wrong. He wasn't a huge name coming out of the draft because FSU is not known to be a basketball school but you guys have a STEAL. I don't have access to games, but after looking at the box score it looks as if Toney is learning how to distribute the ball, which is SCARY (for other teams) if he has added this to his repertoire. The kid can score, play GREAT defense, handle the ball, and is now learning how to distribute the ball, what else could you possible want out of a player? I'm glad he's finally proving all you Knicks fans wrong, you are very seriously lucky to have him. SO START SHOWING THE ROOKIE SOME RESPECT!

Dude, the day we drafted this kid most of the forum was saying he was a steal. Blame Coach for giving him sod all minutes all year so we haven't had a chance to see him play. We've been giving the kid respect since day one.

fsufan09

Rookie
Dude, the day we drafted this kid most of the forum was saying he was a steal. Blame Coach for giving him sod all minutes all year so we haven't had a chance to see him play. We've been giving the kid respect since day one.
Yes, you guys actually have showed him SOME love, but I've read through a few of the threads and a lot of you seem to want to trade him, or just don't see him as part of your team. Whatever though, you guys got a good one, just know that.

CoolClyde

Tony Douglas Again!

Tony Douglas making it happen! Once again!

I thought this game was lost when Dalembert was overpowering DLEE on the offensive boards, and Elton John was out-muscling under-rated Wil the Thril. Leave it to TD to take over the game with excellent defense, heads up offense and a smart all-around game! PG of the future? perhaps...

FSU dude, the smart folks on this forum have shown love for TD from day one, it is our superstar coach Pringles who has no clue how to use his players, how to substitute or how to play defense. Admittedly, there's a few folks who actually love D'amnfool and the way he castigates his players, benching them and not communicating. It's only when they surprise him with good play that he actually sticks with someone, and then he benches someone else for ages. This d'amned short rotation, this d'amned no-defense coach and his brainless yes-men.

Anyway, it's good to hear from someone familiar with Tony D's prowess, feel free to stick around.

Let's see if we can keep up the good play against the Celt-dicks!
:thumbsup::gony:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes, you guys actually have showed him SOME love, but I've read through a few of the threads and a lot of you seem to want to trade him, or just don't see him as part of your team. Whatever though, you guys got a good one, just know that.

Blame D'Antoni for not playing him. Most of us were whining left and right and complaining about how Chris Duhon was getting playing time over Toney Douglas. We never thought Toney Douglas would be this good but at the same time none of us really got a chance to saw him play - we all wanted to see him play more, however, too bad that's kinda out of our hands.

I will speak for the entire forum when I say that many of us by January wanted Douglas to be the starting PG for the rest of the season over Chris Duhon.

Kiyaman

Legend

I guess u are finding out now, how much LUV "TD" has picked up in this forum since his outstanding performance in the Knicks Summer League Games, he showed consistently all the tools to be a NBA PG (backup in his rookie season). Although, this forum have 100's of new members (like yourself) come in and comment on Knick players it still dont change the forum opinion of a player.

If it was up to this forum "TD" would've been averaging 24 minutes per game in his rookie season. It's just that we have the worst headcoach in Knick history running things (Celebrity Coach Damntoni)....Toney Douglas NBA growth was suppose to expand tremendously throughout his rookie season playing alongside of Duhon, Nate, and Hughes in the backcourt as a NBA combo-guard.

Kiyaman

Legend
Anyways great game, finally held a team under 90. And S-Rod hasn't been getting it done lately, hopefully he steps his game up. I hope he works on his shot this offseason, that would help him a lot. And great game by Toney D!

S-Rod is not able to get steady playingtime on any of the teams he been on b/c of so many deficiency, poor teammate comunication, poor passing ability, poor scoring, and poor defense. All these deficiency is why S-Rod NBA career has been a 12 mpg PG (a project that need special help from his coach and SG).
Duhon is 50 times better.
Douglas is 75 times better.

Gallo finally hit a 3-ball with less than 2 minutes in the game.... DAMN! about time. It took 66 games and over 2200 minutes to get up the confidence to drain the 3-ball at crunch-time.
It make me think, Gallo had a long conversation with Dirk after the Mavs game. Seconds before he took the shot I seen the confidence in his movement and added the 3 points before the ball left his hands.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I can't argue, but I'll try

good game, we won it with defense. i like this lineup.

Defense is being down by 16 rebounds and getting manhandled by Dalembert? If Gallo and (surprisingly) McGrady didn't have the hot hands or Douglas didn't have those minutes, this could have just as easily gone Philly's way.