Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Every time Curry plays...

Well, I wouldn't mind if we are able to sign Anthony Morrow. He will be a restricted free agent this offseason. Morrow and Gallo as outside options would be pretty nice. He shoots around 46% from 3-point.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Well, I wouldn't mind if we are able to sign Anthony Morrow. He will be a restricted free agent this offseason. Morrow and Gallo as outside options would be pretty nice. He shoots around 46% from 3-point.

Morrow is a good prospect. Can't believe the kid went undrafted. Would love to have him off the bench. Poor-man's Michael Redd(in his prime), which is exactly what we could use.

The Knicks undoubtedly SHOULD have taken Brandon Jennings. He would shine even brighter in the big city and D'antoni's system. Curry would have been ideal, but I think they goofed big time by taking Hill as proved by him already being gone.

I think you have no idea how valuable an expiring contract can be and how much teams desire to remove huge/long-term contracts. You seem to only look at court value and not fiscal value. Depending on the situation, the fiscal value can far outweigh the court value.
    1)I'm not alone on the view that Steph Curry is untouchable
    2) last year contracts are valuable but not valuable if the player never plays
    3)Showing Donnie's track record I doubt he will trade a last year player for a a guy with a bloated contract... the only guy worth trading for is Biedrins because we need a Center so bad.

Donnie is a financial GM and he prob sees this contract as a way to free up more cap space....I hope I am wrong and we get something out of it but the odds are entirely against us.

27 pts, 14 assts, 8 rebs and 7 steals last night.

Almost a quadruple double. If we had drafted him he would win ROY.

D'Antoni probably has nightmares every night cursing Don Nelson.

Yup Golden State screwed us. But wasn't Steph Curry supremely overrated and if we drafted him certain poster were going to leave the forum? I guess they were wrong huh.

We all knew he could score but now we see he can distribute the ball.

Oh please that's nothing. Jordan Hill could do that in his sleep....

The sad thing about this thread is that the Warriors are ran more horribly than the Knicks.

I have to admit i wasn't very high on Curry, I predicted around 12 points and 5 assists at most, but the dude has really shocked me. With him on that team, Ellis (probably the biggest chucker in the NBA) is now expendable.

Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    The sad thing about this thread is that the Warriors are ran more horribly than the Knicks.

I have to admit i wasn't very high on Curry, I predicted around 12 points and 5 assists at most, but the dude has really shocked me. With him on that team, Ellis (probably the biggest chucker in the NBA) is now expendable.
    You would think that they would FINALLY see that Monta Ellis is NOT the future...but the Warriors amazing management group continues to amaze us.

They turned down an offer of OJ Mayo and Hasheem Thabeet for Monta. Monta is locked up for a few more years longer than OJ, and I'm not sure that Monta is even any better than OJ is straight up. The throw in of Thabeet should have sealed the deal, but the Warriors showed us why they suck.

I hope you weren't implying that we go after Monta. Like you said, he's THEE biggest chucker in the NBA. 26 points a game off of 20 or more shots? HORRIBLE!

Veteran

I HATE HATE HATE HATE Don Nelson

Walsh wanted Curry pretty badly - and now we know never to question Donnie Walsh. Walsh makes good decisions, and it was pretty obvious at that point that we didn't really want Jordan Hill - I'm sure I wasn't the only one hoping to pull Ricky Rubio or Stephen Curry out of there (I was hoping for Evans, but apparently not).

Too bad nobody knew how good Darren Collison was going to be, otherwise...

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    I HATE HATE HATE HATE Don Nelson

Walsh wanted Curry pretty badly - and now we know never to question Donnie Walsh. Walsh makes good decisions, and it was pretty obvious at that point that we didn't really want Jordan Hill - I'm sure I wasn't the only one hoping to pull Ricky Rubio or Stephen Curry out of there (I was hoping for Evans, but apparently not).

Too bad nobody knew how good Darren Collison was going to be, otherwise...
    Yeah I'm with you on that one. I don't complain just because everything happens for a reason I guess. Hill became instrumental in clearing cap space, so it worked out for everyone. It would have been amazing to see Curry in a Knicks' jersey, but hey...you win some you lose some. Can't control what's out of our control. We got our cap space out of Jordan Hill, and we'll look to splash big in the FA market come summertime.

Superstar

The fact of the matter is, Knicks management showed their ineptness during that draft. There is no reason to hate Golden State, or Nelson, or anyone else.The only person to hate is Walsh and D'antoni... The dumbazz Timberwolves had two picks, back to back, the Knicks should not have let draft day come without getting one of those picks. The knicks had 2 picks in the draft, along with Mobely's contract and all the other expiring contracts. If they wanted Curry or Rubio or they were there for the taking... Instead Walsh goes with a panic move and picked Jordan... smh

Veteran

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    The fact of the matter is, Knicks management showed their ineptness during that draft. There is no reason to hate Golden State, or Nelson, or anyone else.The only person to hate is Walsh and D'antoni... The dumbazz Timberwolves had two picks, back to back, the Knicks should not have let draft day come without getting one of those picks. The knicks had 2 picks in the draft, along with Mobely's contract and all the other expiring contracts. If they wanted Curry or Rubio or they were there for the taking... Instead Walsh goes with a panic move and picked Jordan... smh
    Exactamundo. Was saying same thing thru the whole draft. We could have had our pick of the litter simply by letting go of Chandler...Rubes, Curry, Tyreke..our pick.

Zero initiative in the draft.

THOUGHT:

did they 'purposefully' muff the draft so they could then clear capspace in a facile manner.

Maybe. And no1 knew Jennings would be hotshot yr1. He had the highest chance of being untraceable/persona non grata.

I agree with Knuversity that I'm basically happy the way things worked out, howver risky it might be.

Walsh wants to give us a dynasty and championship and do it astat. We've suffered long enuff and I respect him for that.