Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: LaDainian Tomlinson signs with the N.Y. Jets- A Necessary Move???

  1. #1
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default LaDainian Tomlinson signs with the N.Y. Jets- A Necessary Move???

    My article about LT signing with the JETS :

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Hope y'all enjoy!!!

  2. #2
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    What I'm worried most is that Leon Washington will probably be let go. Washington and Greene should have been the duo, not LT and Greene.

  3. #3
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by SLY1984
    My article about LT signing with the JETS :

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Hope y'all enjoy!!!
    good move by the Jets

  4. #4
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    good move by the Jets
    A good move would have been to invest those 5 million on a veteran DE.

    The LaDainian move is mediocre at best.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    The key is Leon MIGHT be let go for a 2nd round pick.
    I would give 50% of the carries to Greene
    25% to LT
    25% to Leon.
    I'd make Leon the full time KR/PR and have him line up in the slot a few times a game.
    Also imagine Leon, LT, and Brad Smith in the backfield at the sametime. The SeminoleCatFrog Formation.

  6. #6
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheBig****
    The key is Leon MIGHT be let go for a 2nd round pick.
    I would give 50% of the carries to Greene
    25% to LT
    25% to Leon.
    I'd make Leon the full time KR/PR and have him line up in the slot a few times a game.
    Also imagine Leon, LT, and Brad Smith in the backfield at the sametime. The SeminoleCatFrog Formation.
    Why give Leon only 25%??? He was the one that was producing in large amounts at the beginning of '09, while thomas jones was playing like an old man.

    Also, by acquiring LT, Leon won't develop as a running back and we are probably going to let him go. It's a shame because he was turning into a good playmaker for us.

  7. #7
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    watch LT come back like the way he was a couple years ago and make the Jets even better...he wanted out of San Diego and now he is somwhere he wants to be...his talent is one of the best running backs in the NFL so I don't see why Jets fans would not like this move.

    I am a Giants fan and I would def want LT here..only that his nicknae would have to change because there is really only one LT-Lawrence Taylor.

  8. #8
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    It's a solid move BUT we could have made better moves. The defensive end spot is one that worries me. We need pressure from the ends to have an effective defense and right now we don't have that. Ellis is old and the other side is up for grabs.

  9. #9
    Member BrianMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Honestly, I think they are going to run him into the ground. It happens so often in football, a great player is pushed too hard, decides to attempt to break every tackle instead of stepping out, his knees and back goes, and then his career is over. I would never have put LT in the hands of Rex Ryan, that's just asking for a disaster.

    I do believe that the Jets need to step up with their choice of defensive ends. They've got Ellis who is just too old for the game and at best will only make it halfway through the season before his body breaks down on him. If they are going to contain the run and the passing games, they need a ton of pressure. Especially since there is a ton of film on their defensive scheme now and teams can figure out how to break them down early and hard. If Rex Ryan can switch up the game successfully and the team is revamped in terms of aging players and plays, then they have a good shot at the conference championship. This also includes Sanchez staying healthy and being able to compete EVERY possession.

  10. #10
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by BrianMan
    Honestly, I think they are going to run him into the ground. It happens so often in football, a great player is pushed too hard, decides to attempt to break every tackle instead of stepping out, his knees and back goes, and then his career is over. I would never have put LT in the hands of Rex Ryan, that's just asking for a disaster.

    I do believe that the Jets need to step up with their choice of defensive ends. They've got Ellis who is just too old for the game and at best will only make it halfway through the season before his body breaks down on him. If they are going to contain the run and the passing games, they need a ton of pressure. Especially since there is a ton of film on their defensive scheme now and teams can figure out how to break them down early and hard. If Rex Ryan can switch up the game successfully and the team is revamped in terms of aging players and plays, then they have a good shot at the conference championship. This also includes Sanchez staying healthy and being able to compete EVERY possession.
    good points.

    LT already has been run into the ground. In 9 seasons with San Diego he has 2,880 carries(!!!). Now add all the other touches he has from receiving and what we have here is a player that should be retired. He's spent. Why would the Jets acquire such a player?? SMH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •