Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Has Chandler played his last game as a Knick?

  1. #1
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Has Chandler played his last game as a Knick?

    Groin injury could sideline Chandler for season

    By Frank Isola

    Wilson Chandler may have played his final game of the season. The Knicks small forward will not play in tonight's game against Boston due to recurring pain to his left groin. Chandler has been playing with the injury for the past six weeks and has been told that it will only improve with rest. Mike D'Antoni did not rule out shutting down Chandler for the last 15 games.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Do you think he will be traded this summer?

    Should we keep him?

    If he is injured and Donnie keeps him, shutting him down now is a good idea. He needs a full offseason to work on his game.

    RealGM Note: If Chandler is indeed done for 09-10, his 22-year-old season compares statistically most similarly to Jeff Green and Rudy Gay (both 08-09).

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Sometimes I think he can be a great player and other times he baffles me. Same goes for Gallo.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i like wilson... i would like him to be a bit more consistent, but i think he has improved this year and will see add. improvement next...

    as to 'zip'ole.. i'd ship his ass back to italy on the next flight..

  3. #3
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Low basketball I.Q., No intensity or aggresiveness. No thank you.

    It's time to start getting players who have passion and determination.

  4. #4
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Do you think he will be traded this summer?

    Should we keep him?

    If he is injured and Donnie keeps him, shutting him down now is a good idea. He needs a full offseason to work on his game.




    Sometimes I think he can be a great player and other times he baffles me. Same goes for Gallo.
    This is bad news...Chandler has seen some injuries the past two years...I hope he is not becoming injury prone status.

    Chandler is a special player at his age but if we can trade him for a Center and a draft pick; someone that is needed, than I would trade him because we have other SF's that can fill his shoes.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    If we can use him to get rid of Curry ,or get Rubio ,a young center ,or first rounder...Why not?

  6. #6
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    His team option comes up after next season. I think we'll try and move him. I kind of want to.

  7. #7
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Imagine if we could do Chandler, Curry for Gay? Give Gay the what 8 million left?

  8. #8
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Wilson Chandler is good. People forget that he was drafted at #21. You can't expect a player drafted that low to be great. As long as Chandler continues to work on his shot selection, he can be a good 3rd option on a winning Knick team. His defense, mid range jumper, and inside game is very good.

    Danilo Gallinari has less field goal percentage, less rebounding, and less assists than Chandler, despite being drafted 15 slots ahead of Chandler. That says a lot.

  9. #9
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Wilson Chandler is good. People forget that he was drafted at #21. You can't expect a player drafted that low to be great. As long as Chandler continues to work on his shot selection, he can be a good 3rd option on a winning Knick team. His defense, mid range jumper, and inside game is very good.

    Danilo Gallinari has less field goal percentage, less rebounding, and less assists than Chandler, despite being drafted 15 slots ahead of Chandler. That says a lot.
    No it doesn't...those grammatically incorrect flop of irrelevant stats has nothing to do with the comparison of Gallo and Will.

    They have completely different roles!

    If you want me to explain every single statistically difference you just brought forward, then here, I'll be your guest.

    1. Gallo has a lower field % (not a "less" field goal %). Is this stat blunder really that hard for you to figure out? Gallo plays MORE minutes and takes MORE shots. Not to mention he has also played in far MORE games than Will has. So obviously his field goal % is going to be lower. And this whole field goal % argument is irrelevant when you bring Gallo's impressive 43% shooting mark into the picture. THAT ISN'T EVEN BAD

    2. He averages more rebounds than Gallo. Yet another obvious reason as to why this is. GALLO CAMPS OUT ON THE WING. Gallo has taken the 2nd most three point attempts in the NBA this season (after Jameer Nelson), so you don't see Gallo down in the post or slashing to the basket often. On the contrary, Wilson's role on this team is too literally take it to the basket whenever he gets the ball. That leads to second chance points and rebounds from Gallo, Duhon, and Harrington's chucked up threes that Gallo doesn't get the chance to put back up. Not to mention Will guards the best player on defense (Kobe, LeBron, ect.) so he finds himself around the basket for loose rebounds way more often then the finesse player in Gallo.

    3. Assists. This is the most obvious one. WILSON PLAYS SG ON THIS TEAM. He handles the ball much more than Gallo (and much more than he should be handling the ball at all), opening up more chances to sneak a pass in for an assist. Will makes plays with the ball in his hands, opposed to coming off screens and getting open like Gallo. So obviously Will is going to have more assists per game when he controls the ball much more.


    Their stats don't tell the story. Not by a long shot. I think the majority of people on this site would agree with me when I say that we would rather have Gallo as a 3rd option than Will. Will is a great player and will have a great career as a role player, but he is too good of a trade chip to not use. Especially with our potential log jam at SF next year.

  10. #10
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    **** trading Chandler. Trade Gallo first. Willy C has improved constantly. The last 2 seasons have been perfect for his development going in to our biggest restructuring off season in a long time.

    You can guarantee Gallo's bad back flares up again too.

  11. #11
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    **** trading Chandler. Trade Gallo first. Willy C has improved constantly. The last 2 seasons have been perfect for his development going in to our biggest restructuring off season in a long time.

    You can guarantee Gallo's bad back flares up again too.
    What about Will's injuries? The reason the thread was created originally was to talk about his injuries...

  12. #12
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    No it doesn't...those grammatically incorrect flop of irrelevant stats has nothing to do with the comparison of Gallo and Will.

    They have completely different roles!

    If you want me to explain every single statistically difference you just brought forward, then here, I'll be your guest.

    1. Gallo has a lower field % (not a "less" field goal %). Is this stat blunder really that hard for you to figure out? Gallo plays MORE minutes and takes MORE shots. Not to mention he has also played in far MORE games than Will has. So obviously his field goal % is going to be lower. And this whole field goal % argument is irrelevant when you bring Gallo's impressive 43% shooting mark into the picture. THAT ISN'T EVEN BAD

    2. He averages more rebounds than Gallo. Yet another obvious reason as to why this is. GALLO CAMPS OUT ON THE WING. Gallo has taken the 2nd most three point attempts in the NBA this season (after Jameer Nelson), so you don't see Gallo down in the post or slashing to the basket often. On the contrary, Wilson's role on this team is too literally take it to the basket whenever he gets the ball. That leads to second chance points and rebounds from Gallo, Duhon, and Harrington's chucked up threes that Gallo doesn't get the chance to put back up. Not to mention Will guards the best player on defense (Kobe, LeBron, ect.) so he finds himself around the basket for loose rebounds way more often then the finesse player in Gallo.

    3. Assists. This is the most obvious one. WILSON PLAYS SG ON THIS TEAM. He handles the ball much more than Gallo (and much more than he should be handling the ball at all), opening up more chances to sneak a pass in for an assist. Will makes plays with the ball in his hands, opposed to coming off screens and getting open like Gallo. So obviously Will is going to have more assists per game when he controls the ball much more.


    Their stats don't tell the story. Not by a long shot. I think the majority of people on this site would agree with me when I say that we would rather have Gallo as a 3rd option than Will. Will is a great player and will have a great career as a role player, but he is too good of a trade chip to not use. Especially with our potential log jam at SF next year.
    1. Gallinari doesn't shoot 43% from the field. He shoots 42.6%, at 6'10. That's a terrible field goal percentage, for a guy his size. Look up players who are 6'8 or taller, and see how many you can find that shoot below 43%. And don't find players who rarely get playing time. Find players who are big parts of their team's rotations and are 6-8 and taller.
    2. You made lots and lots and lots of excuses for Gallinari. The fact that you had to make so many excuses for him shows that Gallinari has had a subpar season.
    3. Gallinari was drafted at #6. Chandler is producing more than Gallinari, and he was drafted at #21. These are facts.
    4. You admitted that Gallinari camps out in the wing. The fact that a 6'10 player is not trying to go inside is a problem.
    5. Gallinari doesn't take more shots than Chandler, so that statement is void. Chandler took 850 shot attempts this season, and Gallinari took 704.
    6. Chandler gets more minutes than Gallinari, so that other statement of yours is also void.
    7. If you honestly would like Gallinari as the 3rd option on the Knicks then you must really want the Knicks to lose.

  13. #13
    Member nk11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I like wilson but i feel like his skillset is very expendable especially if we're looking to acquire an elite wing player in this or next off season. Gallo (as ****ty as he's been playing) has a higher ceiling as a shooter to compliment a star player.

    for chandler to score he needs to hold the ball for a good 8 seconds himself, and no superstar in this league is gonna let that rock especially not from chandler. i feel like he has a lot of potential as an elite perimeter defender because of his length and athleticism(obvs not now, hes prob better in the post now anyway) .

    id def love to package him in a trade for a bigman, or pg of the future. having both gallo and will messes up the rotation with a star wing...one of them has to go, and the way dantoni sucks off gallo...will is gone.

  14. #14
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    What about Will's injuries? The reason the thread was created originally was to talk about his injuries...
    Yeah but it's nagging injuries v season ending/career threatening ones. A groin injury isn't half as debilatating as a back injury. That's always been my chief reservation about Gallo. That ontop of his slumps and inconsistency AND his love of lingering on that dog fence 3 point line would have me trading him before Chandler no worries.

    We can get ourselves an arc junkie anywhere.

    And to literally add insult to injury, I just don't see his ball IQ as even remotely high. It's either drive with his head down or Jack a brick.

    Defensively, I like him. He's doing well.

    If Chandler can play through 6 weeks of his groin injury, then it clearly isn't something that'll hinder him long term.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Mar 17, 2010 at 23:47.

  15. #15
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Sorry NYKnUniversity and NYK_NYK but I'm big time with ABCD on this one...

    IMO you kinda argued against yourself with points you made. Assists may be right cuz Will does play as a guard often and gets more penetration, but 43% is def not a good shooting percentage and reflects a relatively poor shot selection on the part of Gallo. Camping out on the wing resulting in less rebounds is a pisspoor excuse for a 6'11 guy, you may be correct but that just addresses the fact that he needs to get his weak ass down low some to help out. He looked like a scrawny little kid against Garnett and Mendick Jerkins tonight.

    I think Gallo can develop to be good but hes been bad much more than good these days, he's had a couple good games but overall been mainly a nonfactor lately. Wilson even if you say is inconsistent, has more impact on a "bad" night that Gallo usually has. I think Wilson is aggressive by the way, but needs to become more consistently aggressive, but he's a very young player still, I guess you can want him to be a ****y dick that wants to be a one man show, but that's not what I'd want to root for anyhow. I don't know why people seem to think we can't use both Will and Gallo, I think they are completely different players. Gallo is soft with good skills for a tall guy, good shot making potential and great range, Will is a slasher with some muscle and toughness, Gallo plays small for his size, Will plays big for his. Seems like good compliments to me

Similar Threads

  1. Lee & N8: Are They Tradeable?
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Nov 23, 2009, 17:43
  2. Best Knick of the Decade
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Nov 12, 2009, 23:44
  3. Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: Nov 01, 2008, 18:36
  4. Knick Concerns
    By mrj18 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2005, 15:51
  5. Duncan could miss the knick game
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2003, 04:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •