Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official "Knicks Summer of 2010" Prediction Thread.

My gut still tells me LeBron signs with the Knicks.

Donnie will make it happen.

My prediction is the Cav's don't win the title this year, and Lebron signs with the knicks.

The knicks work a sign and trade deal with the raptors. lee to them for Bosh.

We resign McGrady.

We also have gallo and some decent & cheap guard options in Walker, Toney D and S-Rod. Couple of second rounders + scraps to round out the team. But with gallo+t-mac+lebron+bosh i think we have an instant championship caliber team. Might not be that first year, as they mesh and young players get their first real taste of the playoffs. But certainly the year after when curry is off the books and we can bring in even more talent.

Default Ugh,

My prediction?

LeBron stays, Wade stays, Bosh goes elsewhere for more money.
    Worst case scenario is Yao Ming comes to NY, but I'm sure he'll stay in Texas. (If not the Rockets)

Lee or Boozer will probably resign for a boatload of cash. Joe Johnson will be an overpaid Knick with limited minutes, and either Shaq or Brad Miller will get strung along and injure themselves early and be the new "Eddy Curry" of the team.

I'm hoping a big name does come over. I expect them to be tempting names like 'Melo or Pietrus or even high-profile role-players like Battier or Dunleavy or Glen Davis (because Boston probably doesn't want to lose Perkins).

Don't have much of a positive outlook for the Summer of '10 -- the Summer of '11 looks better.

I think we will re-sign David Lee. We'd be ****ing dumb not to. After Lee's 37 points, 20 rebs, 10 asts performance against the Warriors, I'm convinced that we'll resign Lee.

Lee + Lebron + Needed Pieces = 2011 Championship! Yeah?

MY hope for 2010 are -

option A -

TD/Draft pick/ or Duhon at the vet min???
    Lebron/A.Morrow
    Gallo/Chandler/Walker
    Lee/Chandler/Draft
    Camby/Draft pic/Curry till we trade him for???

No $$$ left over

Option B

TD/same as above
    J.Johnson/A.Morrow
    Gallo/Chandler/Walker
    Lee//Chandler/Draft
    Camby/same as above

Also would still have $$$ left over

With either one of those line-ups I'd love to trade Eddy Curry's fat ass to N.O. for ........ wait for it....... CHRIS PAUL! He would put us atop the east no matter witch line up he was with above! I know its only a dream , but dam that would be sweet! Paul dishing to a spotted up Gallo or J.Johnson or A.Morrow, or he could be throwing oops to Lebron or Lee or Chandler and Camby, of course that's when he's not getting his own hahaha. ahhhhh now that would be the cats ass!

Veteran

Maybe David Lee will take a pay cut to play with a superstar...hopefully...

Worst case scenario is we slowly see the big names starting to lock themselves down with whatever team their on now..maybe wade first, then bosh, then king james.. and just like that, before it even starts the big names are out.. we end up signing Joe johnson to with too much and sign boozer... a disappointing highly anticipated summer that never really was indeed..

i had hope for t-mac, but he's a scrub now. no two ways about it.. i was hoping there was some gas left in the tank, but it just seems like he's not looking for a shot, and when he does, rarely makes....he isn't the 'championship part' player needed imo..

I think if LeBron doesn't make it to the finals, or gets blown out, there is a good chance he'll come to New York.... in which case i don't really care who else we sign/keep... i'm not all that thrilled about Tony Douglas right now, he seems okay, i'm not sure where people are getting that he has championship quality talent.. hes small and im seeing other guards taking advantage of that when hes on D.... but like i said, bring James, i don't really care..

if we dont get James, which is very likely, i'm not sure what i want..or what id be happy with... signing Bosh and Joe Johnson would be okay - i guess i'm not sure what more i'd want / what'd be available.. i'd like to come away from this summer with a point guard, though people are putting a lot behind TD... if we could keep Lee, and sign Bosh + Johnson that could be interesting, though idk if the numbers would work

I am confident though that Walsh will sign the best that are available, and not pay some mid-lvl semistar way too much.
    Last edited by Knicker23; Apr 03, 2010 at 12:40.

Okay I think this is my 2010 Worst Case Scenario
    PG: Douglass
    SG: Chandler
    SF: Gallinari
    PF: Lee
    C: Bosh

Camby
    Rodriguez
    Walker
    Giddens
    Duhon

1. Cavs resign LBJ
    2. Cavs sign Bosh
    3. Bulls sign Amare (this could flip with #2)
    4. Raptors sign Lee
    5. Hawks resign Johnson
    6. Jazz resign Boozer
    7. Griz resign Gay

8. Knicks sign Camby, buy a 1st rounder, draft two 2nd rounders, sign Ray Allen, resign Walker, and acquire a few mediocre players whom coach D'Antoni insists on playing out of position.

We play Camby at C for little to no minutes- and as usual we can expect a SF (Gallo or Chandler) masquerade as a PF.

I realize this won't work and throw up.

Originally Posted by Red
    1. Cavs resign LBJ
    2. Cavs sign Bosh
    4. Raptors sign Lee
    5. Hawks resign Johnson
    6. Jazz resign Boozer
    7. Griz resign Gay

8. Knicks sign Camby, buy a 1st rounder, draft two 2nd rounders, sign Ray Allen, resign Walker, and acquire a few mediocre players whom coach D'Antoni insists on playing out of position.

We play Camby at C for little to no minutes- and as usual we can expect a SF (Gallo or Chandler) masquerade as a PF.

If there is a god........ please don't let this happen!!!!

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    If there is a god........ please don't let this happen!!!!
    cavs dnt have cap space to sign amare or bosh if they keep lebron... so that makes that situation impossible... breathe easier, but im kinda nervous about the situation. being all in means we can be elated or extremely dissapointed

Dude Cavs cant sign another max contract, the dopes traded for Jameson who makes almost max money. Even with shaqs contract expiring, they kind of threw in the towel to win now by nullifying Zs exp contract with the long term ocntract of Jameson.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Dude Cavs cant sign another max contract, the dopes traded for Jameson who makes almost max money. Even with shaqs contract expiring, they kind of threw in the towel to win now by nullifying Zs exp contract with the long term ocntract of Jameson.
    kinda jus said that but its all good lol

Originally Posted by Red
    1. Cavs resign LBJ
    2. Cavs sign Bosh
    4. Raptors sign Lee
    5. Hawks resign Johnson
    6. Jazz resign Boozer
    7. Griz resign Gay

i hope to god you were kidding with this prediction lmao!