Lebron said what???? WTF!

KirksORIG

Rookie
Just going to back to the original point, Lebron said in an interview that the player he would most like to play with is Bosh, This just says that someone said that the knicks should get JJ. I'm more inclined to go with what Lebron actually said and not what someone said he said.

I still think that best way to get Lebron is to sign Bosh first.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Just going to back to the original point, Lebron said in an interview that the player he would most like to play with is Bosh, This just says that someone said that the knicks should get JJ. I'm more inclined to go with what Lebron actually said and not what someone said he said.

I still think that best way to get Lebron is to sign Bosh first.

Yeah just in case LeBron doesnt come at least we can build around Bosh and bring in a Melo and Parker in 2011. I said it a few times. If we dont get LeBron, let's just not settle for all stars. Let's get the best of the best. Save the cap money for 2011. Fat Curry is off the books in 2011.

KirksORIG

Rookie
Yeah just in case LeBron doesnt come at least we can build around Bosh and bring in a Melo and Parker in 2011. I said it a few times. If we dont get LeBron, let's just not settle for all stars. Let's get the best of the best. Save the cap money for 2011. Fat Curry is off the books in 2011.

I agree we should get bosh and build around him regardless of whether we get Lebron or not. I would much prefer lebron to melo but i think with bosh and some other good players and a winning season we might be able to get melo to come.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Obviously BS. Especially on Lebron watching Knick games before Cav games. That's ridiculous. This is just the first ripple in a wave of media absurdity.

Bosh is a better player but will cost at least 5-6 mil more per year. Further Lee is still improving so who knows how good he will be once he has hit his prime. In addition, Bosh needs to have the offense run through him while Lee doesn't. I am not saying I would definitely take Lee over Bosh but alongside Lebron, Lee may be better.

I also don't think Bosh is the answer at center and we still need to acquire a defensive center. With Bosh's sure to be max contract that makes the ability to get a center that much harder than signing Lee at 10-11 mil.

That's what I've been saying!!!

Been wondering if Bosh is really worth the extra $5-6m as well. Saving that money does leave room for a 5, but who would we trade for or sign? Curry and Chandler for Biedrins, Randolph and Morrow seems to be the best, realistic option.

And there have been rumours that Toronto would part with Bosh for Lee as well.....This is no doubt another example of all the specious crap that the media will spit out between now and July. Why on earth would Toronto actively show interest in losing Bosh?

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If LeBron did say this, anybody else get the feeling he said this to possibly get us to sign Johnson, so he AND Bosh could get max contracts on a different team?

Also, for some strange reason, I can see him seriously considering signing with the Thunder because of Durant (Westbrook to boot).Young and nasty.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Obviously BS. Especially on Lebron watching Knick games before Cav games. That's ridiculous. This is just the first ripple in a wave of media absurdity.

That's what I've been saying!!!

Been wondering if Bosh is really worth the extra $5-6m as well. Saving that money does leave room for a 5, but who would we trade for or sign?

It'll be Lee for Biedrins or Okafor. Biedrins, Randolph and Morrow for Lee and Chandler seems likely after a sign and trade for Lee assuming GS are interested. That's a much better scenario for us. Biedrins is a very active center and another player that's suffering from Nellie's senility.

And there have been rumours that Toronto would part with Bosh for Lee as well.....This is no doubt another example of all the specious crap that the media will spit out between now and July. Why on earth would Toronto actively show interest in losing Bosh?

Okafor is a tough call because while he'd certainly be a much-needed upgrade at center (he'd be able to match up against the likes of the big men in the East Coast since he's a great defender and shotblocker), but his big contract...man, it's risky to take on a contract like that.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Okafor is a tough call because while he'd certainly be a much-needed upgrade at center (he'd be able to match up against the likes of the big men in the East Coast since he's a great defender and shotblocker), but his big contract...man, it's risky to take on a contract like that.

It's not worth it.I see him play.He's a back-up center.Chris Anderson is way better than him.I like him, but he's not worth that contract.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards as well. His contract is just too terrible. If he was getting 7 million a year, then it'd be worth considering trading for him, but his contract is worth 10 million a year, is backloaded, and runs through 2014. Bad move...honestly, I didn't know his contract was THAT long.

Kiyaman

Legend
Time to wake-up from the optimistic FANTASY-DREAM

Excuse-me, excuse-me, excuse-me to all Fantasy Game members this is the "REAL World".

The Cavs had a 66 win season in 2008-9
And the Cavs record in 2009-10 is at 55-15 with 12 games left.
Wake-up Knick-Fans....Lebron Goal is to win a title for the Cavs.

Knick Owner Dolan owns a big powerful newspaper called "News Day" in New York City. Whom the top-3 New York newspapers have to get the majority of their sports news about the Knicks & Rangers from the News Day sports writers.
So the majority of Knicks & Rangers "RUMORS" are from their owners news papers. HELLOW!

The Cavs weakest position the last two season has been at the SG position (Wally, Pavolic, and West did not step-up to the plate in any of the games in the Cavs vs Magic series).
So the Cavs having SG-Joe Johnson who offer so much help to the PG & SF position on both sides of the court would be the final piece the Cleveland Cavs would need to win a Title this 2009-10 season.
Lebron will have to play SG the majority of his playingtime throughout the playoffs with Jamison & Hickson as the SF/PF, and Varajao at C/F, depending on the health and shape of how many straight minutes can Shaq & Big Z body take throughout each series.

Do Lebron want Bosh in Cleveland with Varagao, Jamison, and Hickson? Hell No! maybe before Jamison arrived.
Do Lebron want Cleveland to go out and find away to sign FA Joe Johnson to win a couple of titles the next 4 seasons? HELL Yeah!
I wonder who tossed in the word "Knicks" into a conversation of Lebron speaking on having a Joe Johnson caliber SG on the Cavs to be complete.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is not a RUMOR

I will apologize to every member in this FORUM next season if any of the Three Max FA Players (Lebron, D.Wade, or Bosh) sign with an incompetent Donnie Walsh and his celebrity coach Damntoni that cant coach NBA B-Ball.

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Kiyaman

Legend
The truth must be complimented

Everyone knows we cannot rely on Lee to be our center...stating it again in this thread is beyond redundant. The only people asserting that Lee will be at center are the ones attacking him. Lee needs to play at his natural position, PF. Once that happens we should see Lee's stats improve further and his weakness on D be less of an issue. While Lee is not a great defender his deficiencies are magnified by playing out of position. If he had a defensive center playing in the paint then Lee's lack of D would be mitigated. I do agree as of now, Gasol is the better player but Lee is on par with his passing. That said, Gasol has reached his ceiling and we know what his limits are while Lee has not and is still improving.

I AGREE 100% ...

Paul1355

All Star
What would the salaries look like in order to build a core of:

Lee
Johnson
Lebron

I think that would be the best 3 player combination in the league.
We won't afford that with Eddy Curry's contract...people forget about that

Let's estimate...

Lebron 18 million +
Johnson 15 million +
Lee 10 million = 43 million

We only have 34 million in cap space right now.

KirksORIG

Rookie

Let's estimate...

Lebron 18 million +
Johnson 15 million +

if we can sign johnson, Trade him and curry for melo... Denver are looking to get rid of melo anyway and they moved AI for financial reason, so curry's expiring contract might be appealing.... that might just work.

KirksORIG

Rookie
^

Denver are looking to trade Anthony?

Where'd you hear that? Has a whiff of shit about it.

Somewhere on the interwebs, they said something about him being to much of a tosser and getting into trouble with the police and shit. Something about not coming out of a game when the coach wanted him to. The coach said he was way over the line and they might think about trading him.

Paul1355

All Star
if we can sign johnson, Trade him and curry for melo... Denver are looking to get rid of melo anyway and they moved AI for financial reason, so curry's expiring contract might be appealing.... that might just work.

i honestly doubt that...he is their Brandon Roy..their top player and Billups has great ESP with Melo...they are not looking to trade him, I dont beleive any of those web intereviews you saw.

Denver would have to be fools to give up Melo...i only see them trading him during the trade deadline if they honestly think he is not resigning with them.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Let's estimate...

Lebron 18 million +
Johnson 15 million +

Max contract is 16.5 mil based off of cap projections. We prob can't afford it unless they all agree to take less in order to play together. We could orchestrate multi-team sign and trades to go over the cap though and then it would work and we would have our MLE too so we can grab a big. (very difficult to pull off since you need all parties to agree)