Lebron said what???? WTF!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65441/20100319/source_lebron_interested_in_playing_with_johnson/

Ric Bucher of ESPN quoted a league source on Thursday when he said that LeBron James might be more interested in coming to the Knicks if they have Hawks' shooting guard Joe Johnson. "If it's LeBron James they want," Bucher said, "a league source says the Hawks' shooting guard is a very good place to start."

Not sure why Lebron would want an aging Johnson over Bosh but I say give him what he wants. Maybe he knows that JJ does not get a max deal so it leaves room for other acquisitions. Maybe he thinks as he gets older he will be more of a post up player and would like to kick it out to an elite shooter like Johnson.

I would sign Lebron and let him know he can chose who he wants...anything to get Lebron is worth it IMO even paying JJ more than he is worth.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
What would the salaries look like in order to build a core of:

Lee
Johnson
Lebron

I think that would be the best 3 player combination in the league.

What would the salaries look like in order to build a core of:

Lee
Johnson
Lebron

I think that would be the best 3 player combination in the league.
I can see that. Maybe the reason LeBron wants Johnson over Bosh is so the Knickerbockers have enough to pay his Buddy T-Mac. But i think That picking Johnson over Bosh is a smart Idea. If LeBron comes over to the Knicks, TMac will stay, then if they get Joe johnson over Bosh they can afford to resign David Lee.

Also many of you may be saying, Why in the hell should we resign McGrady? Because Tmac is good to keep around if they can get him for a affordable price. Hes a great Mentor to Douglas, Chandler, Walker, Gallo and the other young guys. then if you add in LeBron to the team and a winning atmosphere, then the knicks would be like a Rookie to star building machine. Look at the great progress we have seen out of Walker and Douglas. I think McGrady has something to do with that.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Sorry guys. There is no way to sign all three. There isn't enough cap space. Even if Lebron takes less than the max, there isn't enough cap space. I really don't see Lebron taking $11 mil.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Sorry guys. There is no way to sign all three. There isn't enough cap space. Even if Lebron takes less than the max, there isn't enough cap space. I really don't see Lebron taking $11 mil.

Fair enough. Do you think this is bullshit? Do you see a reason why Lebron would want to play with JJ?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Fair enough. Do you think this is bullshit? Do you see a reason why Lebron would want to play with JJ?

Yeah, I think it's bullsh*t.

There was another rumor the other day that said the Cavs are getting worried because Lebron has been watching Knick games in the lockerroom before Cav games. That he's been keeping an eye on Douglas, Gallo and Chandler.

Look for these types of rumors to be coming out on a weekly basis from now on until he signs somewhere.

Lebron probably hasn't even made up his mind yet. What happens in the playoffs will greatly affect his decision. I'm rooting for a Heat/Cavs first round matchup and Wade wins. That would send Lebron packing.

knicksin60

Starter
I understand your optimism about the possibility of this guy signing here but until he openly admits that he wants to be a Knick, I will continue looking at him as Queen James.Something tells me that he is going to kick us in the rear end come July.What I can't stand are the Knick fans that kiss up to this guy whenever he plays against the Knicks at the garden.I wonder how idiotic these people will feel if Lebron tells everybody that he's staying in Cleveland.These people should already know that kissing a visiting player's behind is one of the most degrading things a person could ever do.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Yeah, I think it's bullsh*t.

There was another rumor the other day that said the Cavs are getting worried because Lebron has been watching Knick games in the lockerroom before Cav games. That he's been keeping an eye on Douglas, Gallo and Chandler.

Look for these types of rumors to be coming out on a weekly basis from now on until he signs somewhere.

Lebron probably hasn't even made up his mind yet. What happens in the playoffs will greatly affect his decision. I'm rooting for a Heat/Cavs first round matchup and Wade wins. That would send Lebron packing.

I partially agree but feel this rumor is quite odd and specific. What would be the point of this rumor unless you are JJ's agent.

LEE
LEBRON
JOHNSON

= MUCHHHHH BETTER THAN
KOBE BYNUM GASOL

kobe is on the decline, i think bynum may get a lil bit better,and gasol is a very good all star level but not elite power forward in this league, he was never able to win shit as the go to guy in memphis.

Lebron is hands down by far the best player in the nba
johnson is hands down by far a top 5 shooting guard in this league
and lee is the best passing, rebounding power forward in the league with a top 5 pf offensive skill set.

those three with gallo, chandler, douglas, 2 fillers, walker, and a cheap t mac would be a 66-16 team for the next 3-4 years.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
LEE
LEBRON
JOHNSON

= MUCHHHHH BETTER THAN
KOBE BYNUM GASOL

kobe is on the decline, i think bynum may get a lil bit better,and gasol is a very good all star level but not elite power forward in this league, he was never able to win shit as the go to guy in memphis.

and lee is the best passing, rebounding power forward in the league with a top 5 pf offensive skill set.

those three with gallo, chandler, douglas, 2 fillers, walker, and a cheap t mac would be a 66-16 team for the next 3-4 years.

We can dream can't we...:beer:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
LEE
LEBRON
JOHNSON

= MUCHHHHH BETTER THAN
KOBE BYNUM GASOL

With all due respect...

Kobe is on the decline??? He may not be where he was two years ago, but he has enough to be the best in the league WHEN IT COUNTS. Lebron couldn't even put away the magic. His playoff clutch ability is very suspect.

And did you forget about Lamar Odom? Without O, the Lakers don't win the title. Where was Bynum during their playoff run? M.I.A. Lamar Odom, alone, is better than Lee. If he was getting Lee type minutes, on a bum ass team like this one, he would average better numbers than Lee: 22 PPG, 13 rebounds, and an actual block.

As for Gasol, he owns Lee on every level, that's not even a question. And everyone knows Gasol is considered the best passing big man in the league. He is constantly called, by experts, the most skilled, in fact. And Howard stated, in last year's finals, that he wants to play more like Gasol. But he's not "elite," Howard's just insane: Gasol is in the same league as Caman, David West and Randolph.

As for Gasol, according to you, not winning anything in Memphis, let us go over this again, for the millionth time. Gasol took the Griz to their only three playoff appearances. In spite of all of the hype they have this year, they still cannot make it. What do they lack? Gasol.

Pau Gasol basically carried the Griz to their only successful seasons (in the vaunted West, by the way); and they gave him no one, insofar as support. If they did, list them out. Who? Eddie Jones, age 38? Damon Stoudamire, age 40? Battier, Mr. Blend-in-with-the-crowd? Mike Miller, defer-to-everyone-else? You cannot call a player unsuccessful, when he does not receive adequate help.

And Pau never got to gel with Rudy Gay and Mayo. If they still had Pau, the Griz would be going to the playoffs this year, with a shot to win a series. Meanwhile, Kobe, who reaps the benefits of playing with Pau, would be on a mediocre team, still being looked at as being Shaq's b!tch.

And where was Kobe, in between the time that LA got Gasol and Shaq signed with Miami? He was missing the playoffs, getting bumped early, losing perpetually. He needed Gasol as much as Gasol needed him.

Kobe is great, but he needs a great big man to play with. His need to play alongside Shaq, and, later, Gasol, in order to win big, proves this.

The same goes for Lebron. If he plays on the Knicks, with Lee as the best big, the Knicks will be a team that makes the playoffs, only to get bumped in the 2nd round, every year. Bosh is a must have!

Last edited:

knicksin60

Starter
I agree with many people that if the Knicks sign Lebron and bring back Lee, guys like Dwight Howard will start to lose many hours of sleep.I definitely would shake in my boots if I were an NBA big man and saw David Lee guarding me.This is why Walsh needs to give Lee a 6 year contract of max money.If David Lee comes back to the Knicks next season, I see him playing Bill Russell type of defense.Not only will he lead the league in block shots per game, he would become a better rebounder than Rodman in his prime.Could you imagine a player that plays defense like Bill Russell, blocks shots like Mark Eaton and rebounds better than Rodman? I am predicting it right now; next year David Lee will win an MVP, Mike D'antoni will win coach of the year and the Knicks will go 74-8 and go undefeated in the playoffs.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Everyone knows we cannot rely on Lee to be our center...stating it again in this thread is beyond redundant. The only people asserting that Lee will be at center are the ones attacking him. Lee needs to play at his natural position, PF. Once that happens we should see Lee's stats improve further and his weakness on D be less of an issue. While Lee is not a great defender his deficiencies are magnified by playing out of position. If he had a defensive center playing in the paint then Lee's lack of D would be mitigated. I do agree as of now, Gasol is the better player but Lee is on par with his passing. That said, Gasol has reached his ceiling and we know what his limits are while Lee has not and is still improving.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I could care less whether Lee is here or not. When guys put Lee in a big 3 category (DontForgetDerekHarper) you fail to realize that he will not have the same production. Lee is the #1 option on a horrible team so he gets plenty of touches, minutes and rebounding opportunities.

On a team with two all-star players, Lee will go back to average PF with hustle on the boards. I'll guarantee it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I could care less whether Lee is here or not. When guys put Lee in a big 3 category (DontForgetDerekHarper) you fail to realize that he will not have the same production. Lee is the #1 option on a horrible team so he gets plenty of touches, minutes and rebounding opportunities.

On a team with two all-star players, Lee will go back to average PF with hustle on the boards. I'll guarantee it.

I disagree...Lee is a smart and savvy player that will get his numbers on scrappy plays and second chance opportunities. It's not like we pound the ball into Lee or we don't have ballhogs dominating the ball now. He will thrive in the pic n roll with a player like Lebron who can pass so effectively and makes his teammates better. Lee's game will be helped by a true star who commands a double team. His ability to finish with both hands at such a high FG% will be enhanced when a competent playmaker is dishing to him. Lets remember that Lee has had his two best years with Dudu running the point...think what a real distributor will do with him in the PnR.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I disagree...Lee is a smart and savvy player that will get his numbers on scrappy plays and second chance opportunities. It's not like we pound the ball into Lee or we don't have ballhogs dominating the ball now. He will thrive in the pic n roll with a player like Lebron who can pass so effectively and makes his teammates better. Lee's game will be helped by a true star who commands a double team. His ability to finish with both hands at such a high FG% will be enhanced when a competent playmaker is dishing to him. Lets remember that Lee has had his two best years with Dudu running the point...think what a real distributor will do with him in the PnR.
Okay, I'll give you that but we still need a defensive presence or else all that pick n roll and scrappy play will be useless. I'd still prefer Bosh just because his game is more polished and he's smarter on defense.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Okay, I'll give you that but we still need a defensive presence or else all that pick n roll and scrappy play will be useless. I'd still prefer Bosh just because his game is more polished and he's smarter on defense.

Bosh is a better player but will cost at least 5-6 mil more per year. Further Lee is still improving so who knows how good he will be once he has hit his prime. In addition, Bosh needs to have the offense run through him while Lee doesn't. I am not saying I would definitely take Lee over Bosh but alongside Lebron, Lee may be better.

I also don't think Bosh is the answer at center and we still need to acquire a defensive center. With Bosh's sure to be max contract that makes the ability to get a center that much harder than signing Lee at 10-11 mil.