<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
E. Curry 11.3
Gallo 3.3
Chandler 2.1
TDouglas 1.1

17.8 M

4 players under contract (need 12)

+ 8 to complete contracts minimums cast 0.5 = 4.0
+ 2 pick 2nd round (do not enter the account)

21.8 M

+ 14 re-signing Lee

+16,5 Maximo contract LEBRON JAMES:superman: (= - 1 Pole minimum)

51.8 M

Sign and Trade with the Raptors Lee for BOSH (16.5 = - 1 Pole minimum)

TDouglas 1.1
Chandler 2.1
Gallo 3.3
LBJ 16.5
Bosh 16.5
Curry 11.3
4 players minimos 2.0
2 pick 2nd round

52.8 M

Exchange Curry + Chandler for OKAFOR + COLLISON + Posey
(below the CAP Knicks can get more contracts, relief from NOH in financial difficulties)

+ 1.9 minimum veteran T-MAC (= - 1 Pole minimum)

Re-sign Walker

Collison --- TDouglas
T-Mac ---- Walker
LBJ -------- Posey
Bosh ------ Gallo
Okafor ----- pick (Art Parakhouski, Jerome Jordan, Dexter Pittman)

Another pick maybe a PF (Varnado) or SG (Stephenson).

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

New New York

Quiet Storm
Not bad but.....No team is paying David Lee 14 million 11 million is the most

Plus people need to realize is that we are going to get hit with a 3 million dollar penalty for going into the off season with only four players. The NBA mandates that you keep X number of players on the roster and we are below that, so even if the cap comes in at the absolute best of 54 million, we will only have 33 million to spend.

I like the idea of moving Curry to N.O. and I think you propose this trade with the idea that New Orleans would love to save money, but....Chris Paul is going to start to demand some real talent around him next season, dumping one of their best players (Okafor) will frustrate their star player even more.

But I like your vision tho!

smokes

Huge Member
Not bad but.....No team is paying David Lee 14 million 11 million is the most

Plus people need to realize is that we are going to get hit with a 3 million dollar penalty for going into the off season with only four players. The NBA mandates that you keep X number of players on the roster and we are below that, so even if the cap comes in at the absolute best of 54 million, we will only have 33 million to spend.

I like the idea of moving Curry to N.O. and I think you propose this trade with the idea that New Orleans would love to save money, but....Chris Paul is going to start to demand some real talent around him next season, dumping one of their best players (Okafor) will frustrate their star player even more.

But I like your vision tho!

I'm not sure but I think you're wrong about the penalty. We will have X amount of "ghost salary" but that declines which each player you add to the roster so overall we still have the same amount of salary available.

knicksin60

Starter
I hope the Knicks become good after the summer so they could be on TNT every week and Charles Barkley could sweat them.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Summer of 2010 for the Knicks were suppose to be surrounded around the idea of trading Eddy Curry for a decent player (Okafor or Chandler) or keeping Eddy Curry low post presence.
We are not suppose to be looking at Eddy Curry ($11M) as another Jerome James ($6M).

If Donnie Walsh & Damntoni would have kept our bigman assistant coach Mark Aquire on the staff....Eddy Curry would've came into training-camp in shape, under weight, and improved from the previous season.
Alot of our halfcourt offensive plays would've included Eddy Curry & Lee down low with Nate, Chandler, and Gallo outside on the peremeter.

Assistant Coach Mark Aquire prove to be a dominating Bigman training coach on offense. His design written plays for bigmen (centers, PF, and SF) is what this Knick team is missing from a coach on the bench talking to the bigmen during the game. Without Mark Aquire on the bench......
I missed David Lee's hustle, put-backs, scoring off the ball, pressure on defense, and great screens for his teammates. I also miss Balkman screening so Nate & Chandler could slash to the hoop plus the Tazman challenging every oponent coming into the paint.

The Knicks gave up so many great assistant coaches in their staff the last 8 years to result with three "personal" bums (Two brother Damntoni and Herb Williams) that cant relate to defense, or to the players, and cant write a decent play without involving shooting the 3-ball.

This Summer is going to be the Knicks BIGGEST joke offseason looking for FA that can play "Damntoni system" without having the leadership of Nash & Marion on the court calling all the shots......while Damntoni and his brother get all the credit. A JOKE Summer LOL

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm not sure but I think you're wrong about the penalty. We will have X amount of "ghost salary" but that declines which each player you add to the roster so overall we still have the same amount of salary available.

Correct... I read about the "ghost salary" last week...... The intricacies of the NBA eh?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why would Lebron James sign with the Knicks for 16.5 million? The Cavs are going to offer him at least 20 million/yr.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
Why would Lebron James sign with the Knicks for 16.5 million? The Cavs are going to offer him at least 20 million/yr.

The max is 16.5... Cavs literally can't offer more under the salary cap rules, thats why it's called a "max contract." The only thing the Cavs can do is offer an extra year on the contract.

Anyway I like the plan but here are my two problems.

1. your trade doesnt work under the Trade Machine. We would need to come up with 7 million (which we dont have in contracts) more to have it work, and if you take out Posey I dont think the trade appeals to NO enough for them to give up Collison. It's a nice idea, and if they could dump Okafor AND Posey, I think they would trade Collison, but not just Okafor without getting something in return. (And no, Chandler is not "something")

2. I dont want McGrady back. He's washed up and not worth the drama of getting him back into shape. Besides I dont think he'll sign back for the minimum, someone will offer him atleast 3 mill. I'd rather have a good locker room guy like Bender than McGrady.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
It's interesting to think that as part of their pitch to LBJ & Bosh they can include the fact that even more help - in the form of Eddy Curry's expiring contract - will be on the way. By the All Star Break at the very latest.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
The max is 16.5... Cavs literally can't offer more under the salary cap rules, thats why it's called a "max contract." The only thing the Cavs can do is offer an extra year on the contract.

1. your trade doesnt work under the Trade Machine. We would need to come up with 7 million (which we dont have in contracts) more to have it work, and if you take out Posey I dont think the trade appeals to NO enough for them to give up Collison. It's a nice idea, and if they could dump Okafor AND Posey, I think they would trade Collison, but not just Okafor without getting something in return. (And no, Chandler is not "something")

2. I dont want McGrady back. He's washed up and not worth the drama of getting him back into shape. Besides I dont think he'll sign back for the minimum, someone will offer him atleast 3 mill. I'd rather have a good locker room guy like Bender than McGrady.

I honestly think that at this point, TMac would sign for the vet minimum to play with THAT team. He could be the 6th man of the year and re-invent himself as a champion. He would fill the Bill Walton role of the 86 Celtics.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Well, here's the thing - do you know how big Okafor's contract is? His contract is TERRIBLE for the Hornets - it runs into 2014 and it starts at 11 million per and increases to 14 million/year.

Okafor's contract is so big and so bad that if we can relieve them of that contract AND give them a half decent player they might be tempted to give up Darren Collison especially since they still have CP3 as well

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
I honestly think that at this point, TMac would sign for the vet minimum to play with THAT team. He could be the 6th man of the year and re-invent himself as a champion. He would fill the Bill Walton role of the 86 Celtics.

I still dont think he's worth it. Have you seen him play? He's terrible. Do you really want him complaining about minutes for 3 or 4 months while we work him back into shape?

Pass. Give me a guy like Bender instead.

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I still dont think he's worth it. Have you seen him play? He's terrible. Do you really want him complaining about minutes for 3 or 4 months while we work him back into shape?

Pass. Give me a guy like Bender instead.

Right, I hear you, but at the minimum the risk is minimal. He doesn't look great, but he seems to be fine with less minutes. Especially playing alongside LBJ & Bosh. There will be no complaining by anyone tolerated on that team.

He could settle into a lesser role great, ala Grant Hill. And there are still times when you watch, and he does something and you're like, holy shit, that's Tracy F'ing McGrady .

Last edited:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Right, I here you, but at the minimum the risk is minimal. He doesn't look great, but he seems to be fine with less minutes. Especially playing alongside LBJ & Bosh. There will be no complaining by anyone tolerated on that team.

He could settle into a lesser role great, ala Grant Hill. And there are still times when you watch, and he does something and you're like, holy shit, that's Tracy F'ing McGrady .

This. T-Mac doesn't want that much money. He knows what our objective is, and he said he would definitely take a lower contract if we hit the free agent jackpot.

rparisi20

Rookie
2010 New York Knicks offseason - Revisited

Moves:

Jonathan Bender New York Unrestricted F.A. - Cut
Chris Duhon New York Unrestricted F.A. - Cut
J.R. Giddens New York Unrestricted F.A. - MIN
Al Harrington New York Unrestricted F.A. - Cut
Eddie House New York Unrestricted F.A. - Resign 2m for 2years
David Lee New York Unrestricted F.A. - Resign to 9m for 7years
Tracy McGrady New York Unrestricted F.A. - Resign to min for 1 year
Cuttino Mobley New York Unrestricted F.A. - Cut
Sergio Rodriguez New York Restricted F.A. - Cut

Cap room: Approx 21m

Sign:
Chris Bosh 16m MAX for 6 years
Marcus Camby 5m for 3 years

MLE
Manu Ginobli 5.5m

Minumum/BLE
Raja Bell

2010 New York Knicks offseason - Revisited

PG - Toney Douglas
SG - Tracy McGrady
SF - Danilo Galanari
PF - David Lee
C - Chris Bosh

1 - Manu Ginobli
2 - Wilson Chandler
3 - Eddy Curry
4 - Marcus Camby
5 - Bill Walker
6 - Raja Bell
7 - Eddie House
8 - 2nd Rounder/JR Giddens
9 - 2nd Rounder

Yes, Eddy Curry is playing for a contract & hungry so maybe we see the Eddy of long ago... 50 wins, here we come.

After starting the season 8-3 the knicks trade Wilson Chandler, Eddy Curry & 3 future draft picks for Chris Paul. New Orleans also signs Duhon, and only plays him during home games since he is invisible in new orleans.

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Tracy McGrady
SF - Danilo Galanari
PF - David Lee
C - Chris Bosh

1 - Manu Ginobli
2 - Toney Douglas
3 - Marcus Camby
4 - Bill Walker
5 - Raja Bell or Shaun Livington
6 - Eddie House
7 - 2nd Rounder/JR Giddens
8 - 2nd Rounder

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
ok...
-signing eddie house for 2 years? i think not
-signing t.mac for one year for the min.? i think not.. hes not gonna accept a contract for the min.its T.MAC! hes gonna ask for more
-signing Camby to a 3 year 5 million dollar contract! i think not! why does everyone want camby? i know hes great but hes too old! why not save money for the center that will be available in 2011 like marc gasol, horford, noah, oden (no likely) thats a much better idea or conecentrate in getting a good center in the draft this year.
-Manu is great..i would mind having him on the knicks but hes not coming, im positive he will stay in san antonio or end up on the celtics or something like that
chris paul isnt leaving the hornets until his contract expires..the hornets would never trade the best guard in the nba! :teeth:
Bell and livingston..PASS!

i really have no idea what can happen this summer, who can we sign or draft.. anything can happen..thats what i think
i just hope donnie doesnt over pay anyone and that we draft centers this summer
MELO 2011!

Last edited:

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
ok...
-signing eddie house for 2 years? i think not
-signing t.mac for one year for the min.? i think not.. hes not gonna accept a contract for the min.its T.MAC! hes gonna ask for more
-signing Camby to a 3 year 5 million dollar contract! i think not! why does everyone want camby? i know hes great but hes too old! why not save money for the center that will be available in 2011 like marc gasol, horford, noah, oden (no likely) thats a much better idea or conecentrate in getting a good center in the draft this year.
-Manu is great..i would mind having him on the knicks but hes not coming, im positive he will stay in san antonio or end up on the celtics or something like that
chris paul isnt leaving the hornets until his contract expires..the hornets would never trade the best guard in the nba! :teeth:
Bell and livingston..PASS!

i really have no idea what can happen this summer, who can we sign or draft.. anything can happen..thats what i think
i just hope donnie doesnt over pay anyone and that we draft centers this summer
MELO 2011!
You are still the most idiotic poster on this site.

T-mac publically has stated that he will accept the vets minimum to play with a star in NYC...

Manu loves D'Antoni and publically stated that he PROBABLY wont be back with the Spurs next season. Manu's value is more than the mid level so the Celtics wont be signing him either.

Camby would be a great option for 3 years. He may be old, but if he decided to retire, his salary will not affect our flexibility moving forward.

I personally wouldnt want to put the team that the previous poster provided out on the court. However, your logic is beyond retarded. (ex. T-Mac gets more money because he's T-Mac...give me a break)

Keep dreaming for Mello.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
ok you're right about t.mac and manu my bad
but the idea of signing camby to a 3 year deal and keeping house is just stupid
take care retard

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
ok you're right about t.mac and manu my bad
but the idea of signing camby to a 3 year deal and keeping house is just stupid
take care retard
When did i say i wanted to keep eddie blouse? Pretty sure i stated that i clearly didnt want the previous posters knick team to be the 2010 knicks. You admitted you were wrong 3 times and gave no reasoning behind not signing Camby. Your post quality lowers the IQ of every poster that reads your garbage you call your opinion.