alg_mcgrady.jpg

vs.

scout_rockets.jpg

Prediction:

Bill Walker gets two dunks

display_image.jpg

Torp

Benchwarmer
Coach D seriously looks puzzled time after time in his coaching abilities.

Coach Adelman on the other hand won the game for the Rockets with his superior coaching.

Knicks put up great numbers today and couldn't close it off as usual. Coaching, defense, and lack of a closer are our 3 largest problems and we need to fix those if we want to win on a consistent basis.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah they actually played pretty well, they just need someone who is reliable in crunch time. 6 years ago that could've been McGrady, but not anymore.

pat

Starter
Coach D seriously looks puzzled time after time in his coaching abilities.

Coach Adelman on the other hand won the game for the Rockets with his superior coaching.

What are you talking about? Is putting Brooks on the floor superior coaching? If so, then I am looking forward to having a player of Brooks' caliber on the team as well. Maybe then D'antoni can show some great coaching as well. I agree with you though that Adelman is good, but Danilo actually did a good job on that play against Brooks. He just happened to get hot down the stretch. Also you have to give Jeffries credit for drawing those two charges down the stretch.

Last edited:

knicksin60

Starter
Did Jared Jeffries just have the game of his life today? Talk about a player playing up to his potential.I wonder if Al Harrington will develop into an assist machine after he leaves the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
What are you talking about? Is putting Brooks on the floor superior coaching? If so, then I am looking forward to having a player of Brooks' caliber on the team as well. Maybe then D'antoni can show some great coaching as well. I agree with you though that Adelman is good, but Danilo actually did a good job on that play against Brooks. He just happened to get hot down the stretch. Also you have to give Jeffries credit for drawing those two charges down the stretch.

Come-on now, Adelman is much more superior than Damntoni in so many areas like: team-offense/defense, substitution, written-plays during time-outs, developing young players, playing players to their best talents, taking advantage of all his oponents weakness, and his best talent as a coach is his great comunication skillz from the bench.
And remember he developed Brooks and Bibby from their rookie season.

Kiyaman

Legend
In a tight 48 minutes, that lead to a crunchtime in the last 3 minutes of the game.....the Rockets had 10 players getting double-diget playing-time compared to the Knicks 8 players. This gave the Rockets fresh-legs to score alot of points using Dantoni 10 second system on the Knicks.

I been saying for years that Jefferies defensive talents should only be used in the 2nd half of the game....and that's just what the Rockets did tonight to win this game.

It look like Rookie Jordan Hill found his future team....2nd season double-doubles...

next season we will have to pay $10M per or more for a double-double player. Big thanks to Damntoni

pat

Starter
Come-on now, Adelman is much more superior than Damntoni in so many areas like: team-offense/defense, substitution, written-plays during time-outs, developing young players, playing players to their best talents, taking advantage of all his oponents weakness, and his best talent as a coach is his great comunication skillz from the bench.
And remember he developed Brooks and Bibby from their rookie season.

Fair enough. But this game was not won by written-plays and offense/defense substitutions but by Brooks making three difficult shots while Douglas made three rookie mistakes on offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Fair enough. But this game was not won by written-plays and offense/defense substitutions but by Brooks making three difficult shots while Douglas made three rookie mistakes on offense.

Douglas got caught out there by Jefferies defense.
While Brooks found it easier to score when Gallo was his defender.

CoolClyde

Girafferies = Defensive Player of the Year!

Just caught this game on DVR. I can't believe Girafferies flopmeister general won game for Rockets (along with clutch shooting by Brooks).

Solid play by Toney Defense, up til crunchtime drives into the Giraffe, altho that last flop was questionable. It amazes me how good TD has been these last few games, and how D'assholio DID NOT KNOW how good he could be, thanks to the Short F*cking Rotation that DOES NOT WORK. It worked for the month of December, but that's it.

Kiyaman's been saying it all along, the fresh legs won it for the Rockets. Adelman knows how to substitute, utilizing Jordan Hill and Girafferies to their full extent. Hill's +/- was +24 in 25 minutes!!! Holy sh*t!

An off game for Sky Walker, he's gotta realize his shot is not golden.

Another off game for Al Brickington, so sad to see him missing shots and turning ball over in crunch time. he needs to be traded or released next year. too bad Donnie couldn't make that trade for Tyrannothomas.

WHY THE F*CK IS DU-NONE BACK IN THE ROTATION, at the expense of Power Serge? 2 points in 18 minutes? +/- of -12?? TERRIBLE!! WHY WHY WHY?!? Let's play this season out with Serge, not Duhound, to see what the kid's got!! We all know Duhound SUCKS MAJOR BALLS! D'amnitoni!

how do Rockets score 45 points against Knicks in 2nd quarter? there is a serious defensive problem happening, by the name of Mike No-D'antoni.

btw, fantastic game for DLEE with 27 and 20.

can't wait for this season to end... unfortunately, I feel D'anteater will be here thru remainder of contract, so Donnie can see how he coaches a team with a couple max players.... if/when that happens... c'mon July, get here already!

PS: final note, this game thread was short but sweet, loved that Knicks dancer shot with CRock, PDid and JZ salivating... Clyde's tie and mini-rockets!! cool!

Paul1355

All Star
i cant believe that Jared Jeffries drew 4 fouls in this game....the refs were horrible....I can admit 2 of the charges but some of them were B.S calls that they give Jeffries because he is ONLY known for taking charges.