Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 136

Thread: Breaking Down Danilo Gallinari's offensive game

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Why do I get the feeling you are rooting for Gallo to fail? And for some reason you will be happy if he fails?
    Nooooooo. I am rooting for Gallo to start playing like the 6th overall pick in the draft 2 YEARS AGO on a consistent basis. You guys have made a living roasting BETTER players who put in MORE work in Knicks uniforms. I remember the "Black Hole" and "Crawful" being chased out of town to go contribute mightily to teams that will be in the playoffs this year, while the "****" will be at HOME watching the playoffs just like me. So the "****" gets a free pass just because he is European(white)??? I am not buying that. I will be the first one to give the "****" props when he starts filling up the stat sheet other than three point misses. Until then I am still selling......

  2. #17
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    First of all, I can hate whenever I want. STATS don't lie. Gallo's season average 14 ppg, so 28 is DOUBLE his average. So if I am lying, Gallo's stats aren't.

    Secondly, I didn't realize it was OK for a LOTTERY PICK to under perform for TWO years just because he is European(white). I will keep that in mind for future reference.

    Thirdly, you are right about comparing Durant to Gallo, even though they are the same age, within 1" in height, and supposedly play the SAME position. The difference is Durant's season AVERAGE is the same 28 points Gallo scored the other night. And Durant is leading his team into the playoffs in a tougher Western Conference. You are right. It is SILLY to compare the two. Still hating.........
    You need to take a deep breath and learn how to debate the facts and not pure conjecture...

    1. Being from Europe has nothing to do with his skin color and has everything to do with the type of systems and training they run. You do know that not every European is white..don't you? Simmer down guy.

    2. He is not under performing...he is playing exactly where he should be considering his age and injury.

    3. Durant is a special player and we can only dream that Gallo plays to 85% of what Durant is capable of. Bringing up a future hall of famer to bash Gallo is idiotic.

    You are right...you can hate whoever you want but it doesn't mean that it is rational or warranted. Your critique of Gallo is premature considering his age, injury and the fact that he is surrounded by ball hog veterans all wanting to pad their stats for free agency.

    Further it is an undeniable fact that Gallo has not reached his potential and many NBA stars don't until they are in the league for several years. He came into a losing situation and barely played his rookie year. He took all his off season rehabbing from back surgery further slowing his growth. I know....what does back surgery and limited development time have to do with his development...

    It's easy to be negative and hate...it's much harder to understand nuance and be patient because of real external factors...haters gonna hate.

  3. #18
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Why do I get the feeling you are rooting for Gallo to fail? And for some reason you will be happy if he fails?
    He's a total loser. He's a Bulls fan, and he knows Gallo can make the Knicks better, so he wants to see Gallo fail.

    And why would you compare Gallo to Durant? Durant is Jesus, I suck up to the Big **** all the time but even I've never said he'll be as good as Durant... ever. jimchief is running out of excuses. His favorite player is "E-City"...how disgusting.

  4. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    He's a total loser. He's a Bulls fan, and he knows Gallo can make the Knicks better, so he wants to see Gallo fail.

    And why would you compare Gallo to Durant? Durant is Jesus, I suck up to the Big **** all the time but even I've never said he'll be as good as Durant... ever. jimchief is running out of excuses. His favorite player is "E-City"...how disgusting.
    You "****lovers" are the ones running out of excuses.... You say Gallo is so "special", but I bring up Durant and you run for cover..... The Bulls fan thing I will disregard because now you are sound like Metrosexual.....

  5. #20
    Member the portable man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    u guys are retards, especially jimchef

    gallinari is a beast who has been tamed by DANTONI

    wake up and smell the anal, HE WOULD HAVE AVERAGED 28ppg EASILY HAD DANT****Y RAN PICK AND POPS AND MORE POST UP ISOLATIONS SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON

    yet he just has him roam around

    it's painful to watch

    dantoni is known to ruin players, like quentin richardson for example, a guy who is very effective in the post, then he became a THREE POINT SHOOTER, HOW SHOCKING IN DANTONIS SYSTEM

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    You need to take a deep breath and learn how to debate the facts and not pure conjecture...

    1. Being from Europe has nothing to do with his skin color and has everything to do with the type of systems and training they run. You do know that not every European is white..don't you? Simmer down guy.

    2. He is not under performing...he is playing exactly where he should be considering his age and injury.

    3. Durant is a special player and we can only dream that Gallo plays to 85% of what Durant is capable of. Bringing up a future hall of famer to bash Gallo is idiotic.

    You are right...you can hate whoever you want but it doesn't mean that it is rational or warranted. Your critique of Gallo is premature considering his age, injury and the fact that he is surrounded by ball hog veterans all wanting to pad their stats for free agency.

    Further it is an undeniable fact that Gallo has not reached his potential and many NBA stars don't until they are in the league for several years. He came into a losing situation and barely played his rookie year. He took all his off season rehabbing from back surgery further slowing his growth. I know....what does back surgery and limited development time have to do with his development...

    It's easy to be negative and hate...it's much harder to understand nuance and be patient because of real external factors...haters gonna hate.
    Nuance..... That's rich...... What nuance do I have to understand about a 6'10" donut that sits outside and flings up three's all night???? NOTHING!!!!! I saw Gallo's line tonight and its typical.... 1 for 6 from three..... 17 shots to get 16 points.... He's a chucker..... Keep making excuses if you want to. "aw he's European(white)," aw he's young... aw his back.... All the reasons we shoulda never drafted that big donut in the first place. You guys can " oh man he's a beast...." and all that bs..... I actually watch basketball and understand NUANCE..... I told you guys from the beginning this was a nepotism pick(coach's godson) and you bought the bill of goods sold to you that this guy was NBA ready. Gallo wasn't even PHYSICALLY ready to play in the NBA(back). Keep on making excuses for the new "face of the franchise" while the Knicks get blasted night in and night out and are 20 games under .500 and missing the playoffs AGAIN. Still selling.....

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by the portable man
    u guys are retards, especially jimchef

    gallinari is a beast who has been tamed by DANTONI

    wake up and smell the anal, HE WOULD HAVE AVERAGED 28ppg EASILY HAD DANT****Y RAN PICK AND POPS AND MORE POST UP ISOLATIONS SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON

    yet he just has him roam around

    it's painful to watch

    dantoni is known to ruin players, like quentin richardson for example, a guy who is very effective in the post, then he became a THREE POINT SHOOTER, HOW SHOCKING IN DANTONIS SYSTEM
    D'antoni was the one that drafted his godson so your point is???????

  8. #23
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by the portable man
    u guys are retards, especially jimchef

    gallinari is a beast who has been tamed by DANTONI

    wake up and smell the anal, HE WOULD HAVE AVERAGED 28ppg EASILY HAD DANT****Y RAN PICK AND POPS AND MORE POST UP ISOLATIONS SINCE THE START OF THE SEASON

    yet he just has him roam around

    it's painful to watch

    dantoni is known to ruin players, like quentin richardson for example, a guy who is very effective in the post, then he became a THREE POINT SHOOTER, HOW SHOCKING IN DANTONIS SYSTEM
    Really? 28 ppg if it weren't for a system? Get real. Kobe Bryant, and Dwayne Wade hardly average 28 points.

    Since when did D'Antoni ruin Q? I didn't know Quentin Richardson had anything to ruin...(see every stat he has ever posted for your proof on that).

    First of all, I can hate whenever I want. STATS don't lie. Gallo's season average 14 ppg, so 28 is DOUBLE his average. So if I am lying, Gallo's stats aren't.

    Secondly, I didn't realize it was OK for a LOTTERY PICK to under perform for TWO years just because he is European(white). I will keep that in mind for future reference.

    Thirdly, you are right about comparing Durant to Gallo, even though they are the same age, within 1" in height, and supposedly play the SAME position. The difference is Durant's season AVERAGE is the same 28 points Gallo scored the other night. And Durant is leading his team into the playoffs in a tougher Western Conference. You are right. It is SILLY to compare the two. Still hating.......
    But I agree with trill on this. Comparing Gallo to Durant IS idiotic. Durant was a potential number one pick if the Blazers hadn't needed a center. He is among the elite players in the NBA. It's the equivalent of me saying "Carmelo Anthony average 27 per game as a lottery pick so why doesn't Gallo?"

    How bout you compare Gallo to players that were drafted in the lottery who average DECENT numbers like Gallo does? How bout Ben Gordon? Marvin Williams? Randy Foye? My point is, not ALL lottery picks are suppose to be superstars. Judging Gallo's production by his draft position is not only a prime example of you being picky, but you also setting unreal expectations for a player. HE IS 21!! Just because Durant is 21 doesn't mean we should be comparing them...and no, I'm not "running and hiding" with the Durant comparison because it's illogical. Just as you state in your theory that "stats" don't lie, neither does logic...and well you seem to have none in your attempted comparison with Durant and Gallo.


    Gallo has not even come close to his potential and the fact that he is able to average 14 points per game is within my REASONABLE expectations of a 2nd year player. Not just of his style of play, but ANY lottery pick! Atleast he didn't turn out like Luke Jackson. Stop trying so hard to find things wrong with Gallo's production thus far and take some time to realize how unrealistic your expectations are and how picky you are. We all want to win, but hating on a player on our team doesn't bring W's.

  9. #24
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    You people are delusional. You are all so caught up in your hopes and dreams of what you think Gallinari will play like, i.e., Nowitizki, that you cannot see your own contradictions and resistance to reality.

    First, Gallinari is really in his rookie year. When ABCD tells you he has played in summer leagues, attended countless practices, played in 22 games, in '08-09, in addition to this season: essentially that he has had a big leg up over real rookies, you start talking about Nowitzki's progress.

    The Nowitzki comparison is especially hypocritical, when one considers that, if employed by Gallo's critics, comparison will cause you to be attacked. Jim compared Gallo to Durant, while they compare Gallo to Nowitzki. What is the difference, other than the evaluation of the person doing the comparing? Nothing.

    When Jim hits you with the fact that there are better players, in the same age bracket, you pull the injury card. When he hits you with the fact that Gallo is never criticized for playing poorly, while other players, who happen to be Black, that actually play well more often, are sh!tted on for having a bad night, you disregard an inconvenient truth as being a lie.

    You can lie to yourself, as much as you like. You can tell yourself that Gallo is the next Dirk. You will only invest yourself in a lie that will embarrass you, in the end.

    As for me, I don't give a damn what he does, now or ever. I have no respect for the conduct that brought him here. He talked the talk, so he does not get years to develop, as far as I am concerned. He wanted New York, threatened to stay in Italy, etc., so he needs to walk the talk.

  10. #25
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Sigh...

    The haters are out in full force once again taking the easy route...being negative all while ignoring real circumstances that have effected this 21 year old's development.

    Fact: Gallo is only 21.
    Fact: He only played 14 minutes per game his rookie year in 28 total games. (averaging only 4.5 shots per game at 45% FG)
    Fact: He had a serious injury to his back that lead to back surgery
    Fact: He missed the entire off season rehabbing his back and not working on his game
    Fact: The only people bringing race into this debate are the no-nothing haters...par for the course with these cornballs. Being European has nothing to do with skin tone and has everything to do with the competition, system and training. (are you arguing that Euro ball is the same as American ball???)
    Fact: Just because Gallo was drafted at number 6 does not automatically mean he is an instant all star. being an all star at this point in ones career at this age with a serious injury is the EXCEPTION...not the rule!


    Now lets go to the heart of this idiotic, moronic diversion about comparing two completely different caliber players that have different games and play under different circumstances.

    Durant is in his 3rd full year while this is Gallos 1st. Lets look at Durant's career so far and tell me how it's fair to compare Gallo:

    <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>07-08</nobr></td><td>SEA</td><td align="right">80</td><td align="right">80</td><td align="right">34.6</td><td align="right"><nobr>7.3-17.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.430</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.7-2.6</nobr></td><td align="right">.288</td><td align="right"><nobr>4.9-5.6</nobr></td><td align="right">.873</td><td align="right">1.00</td><td align="right">0.90</td><td align="right">2.9</td><td align="right">1.5</td><td align="right">0.9</td><td align="right">3.5</td><td align="right">4.4</td><td align="right">2.4</td><td align="right">20.3</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td><nobr>08-09</nobr></td><td>OKC</td><td align="right">74</td><td align="right">73</td><td align="right">39.0</td><td align="right"><nobr>8.9-18.8</nobr></td><td align="right">.476</td><td align="right"><nobr>1.3-3.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.422</td><td align="right"><nobr>6.1-7.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.863</td><td align="right">1.30</td><td align="right">0.70</td><td align="right">3.0</td><td align="right">1.8</td><td align="right">1.0</td><td align="right">5.5</td><td align="right">6.5</td><td align="right">2.8</td><td align="right">25.3</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>09-10</nobr></td><td>OKC</td><td align="right">71</td><td align="right">71</td><td align="right">39.3</td><td align="right"><nobr>9.6-20.2</nobr></td><td align="right">.477</td><td align="right"><nobr>1.4-4.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.352</td><td align="right"><nobr>8.9-10.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.895</td><td align="right">1.30</td><td align="right">0.90</td><td align="right">3.4</td><td align="right">2.1</td><td align="right">1.2</td><td align="right">6.3</td><td align="right">7.5</td><td align="right">2.8</td><td align="right">29.6</td></tr></tbody></table>
    1. Durant played 80 games his rookkie season averaging 34.6 minutes compared to Gallos 28 games and 14 minutes.
    2. Durant's second year he played 74 games and averaged 39 minutes per game and is on pace for the same this year.
    3. Durant shot 4 times as many shots per game as gallo in his rookie year and twice as many this year. (I know that doesn't matter either )

    You compare that type of playing time and experience combined with the irrefutable fact that Durant is a future hall of famer and way out of Gallo's caliber and it's easy to see how idiotic it is to even compare those two different players. Durant is a number one option on a strong team while Gallo fights for minutes and shots on a losing team filled with perennial ball hog chuckers like Harrington. Lets also remember that Duhon was running the offense and feeding Gallo the majority of his short career...

    It's easy to hate on Gallo, hate on Dantoni and hate on Walsh because none of you understand the plan or have a shred of patience. These last two years have been throw away years while we dumped contracts in preperation for the plan Donnie set forth when he took the job. Yes we would have liked the Knicks to overachieve but any chance of that went out the window each time we traded away major parts of our rotation in an attempt to shed salary. This reset the chemistry and brought in new types of players and personalities all who had to relearn playing with one another. Add injury and veterans padding stats playing with a sense of entitlement and it's easy to see why Gallo's development has been stifled.

    Gallo has difered to the veterans as he should, being a 21 year old neophyte playing alongside career NBA players all hoping to earn another contact. The NBA has a pecking order and unless you are a superstar caliber rookie you will always differ to the veterans. This is compounded by the specific players the Knicks have and the fact that 2/3rds of the team are in a contract year.

    No one can credibly say that Gallo has been given two full years to mature nor that he has reached his full potential. Calling him a bust in his first full year all while he is getting better is moronic. Gallo may never be a superstar and he may never reach his potential but to pass judgment now is silly and shows that some no nothing about the NBA and the game of basketball. Ponit in case...David Lee only developed a consistent jumper in his 5th year. Had the haters judged Lee like you are Gallo you would have concluded that Lee was a clumsy unathletic PF without an offensive game. Lets look at lee's stats and compare his first two years to where he is now:

    <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>05-06</nobr></td><td>NYK</td><td align="right">67</td><td align="right">14</td><td align="right">16.9</td><td align="right"><nobr>2.0-3.4</nobr></td><td align="right">.596</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.0-0.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.000</td><td align="right"><nobr>1.1-1.8</nobr></td><td align="right">.577</td><td align="right">0.40</td><td align="right">0.30</td><td align="right">0.8</td><td align="right">1.9</td><td align="right">1.6</td><td align="right">2.9</td><td align="right">4.5</td><td align="right">0.6</td><td align="right">5.1</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td><nobr>06-07</nobr></td><td>NYK</td><td align="right">58</td><td align="right">12</td><td align="right">29.8</td><td align="right"><nobr>4.1-6.9</nobr></td><td align="right">.600</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.0-0.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.000</td><td align="right"><nobr>2.4-3.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.815</td><td align="right">0.80</td><td align="right">0.40</td><td align="right">1.6</td><td align="right">2.7</td><td align="right">3.4</td><td align="right">7.0</td><td align="right">10.4</td><td align="right">1.8</td><td align="right">10.7</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>07-08</nobr></td><td>NYK</td><td align="right">81</td><td align="right">29</td><td align="right">29.1</td><td align="right"><nobr>4.2-7.6</nobr></td><td align="right">.552</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.0-0.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.000</td><td align="right"><nobr>2.4-2.9</nobr></td><td align="right">.819</td><td align="right">0.70</td><td align="right">0.40</td><td align="right">1.2</td><td align="right">2.6</td><td align="right">3.0</td><td align="right">6.0</td><td align="right">9.0</td><td align="right">1.2</td><td align="right">10.8</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow"><td><nobr>08-09</nobr></td><td>NYK</td><td align="right">81</td><td align="right">74</td><td align="right">34.9</td><td align="right"><nobr>6.4-11.7</nobr></td><td align="right">.549</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.0-0.0</nobr></td><td align="right">.000</td><td align="right"><nobr>3.1-4.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.755</td><td align="right">1.00</td><td align="right">0.30</td><td align="right">1.9</td><td align="right">3.2</td><td align="right">3.2</td><td align="right">8.6</td><td align="right">11.8</td><td align="right">2.1</td><td align="right">16.0</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow"><td><nobr>09-10</nobr></td><td>NYK</td><td align="right">71</td><td align="right">71</td><td align="right">37.3</td><td align="right"><nobr>8.4-15.3</nobr></td><td align="right">.547</td><td align="right"><nobr>0.0-0.1</nobr></td><td align="right">.000</td><td align="right"><nobr>3.3-4.2</nobr></td><td align="right">.803</td><td align="right">1.10</td><td align="right">0.50</td><td align="right">2.3</td><td align="right">3.1</td><td align="right">2.9</td><td align="right">9.1</td><td align="right">11.9</td><td align="right">3.6</td><td align="right">20.1</td></tr></tbody></table>

    It's easy to see the development and how foolish it is to pass judgment this early. Gallo is better than Lee was at this point in their careers even when you take the injury out of the equation. Had we listend to the haters, Lee would probably be beasting on another team and we would all be regretting loosing out on his talent.

    In conclusion, the impatient emotional haters will hate while the smart fans who understand the nuances of the game and extenuating factors will continue to be the voice of sanity on these boards in the home stretch of a looooooooooooong rebuilding process. We are in the final days of the Knicks losing ways and time will bare out the truths for Gallo, Walsh and Dant. In the end some or all of them may be a disappointment but passing judgment now is more premature than a virgin having sex on prom night.
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Mar 27, 2010 at 12:38.

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,796
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah. David Lee wasn't even a MLE level player at the point in his career where Gallo's at. Now David Lee's an all-star caliber player (while he's not AMAZING he's certainly good enough to be worth around 10 million a year or so). What if we released him and let him get picked up by some other team?

    David Lee hasn't had any nagging injuries or anything like that and it still took him a while to get adjusted to the NBA game and develop a consistent jumper. Now he's an all-star.

    Gallo, on the other hand, has had big time problems so far in the NBA, and is only on the verge of playing his full year. He's not even used to the fatigue that the NBA schedule has (the Euroleagues don't have games nearly as often), nor is he used to coming inside (Euro-style ball has big men playing on the perimeter).

    Now that he's getting used to it, he's improved. And you guys want to dump him and call him a bust? That sounds smart...

  12. #27
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Excuse #21.

    Gallo's development was stifled.

    Funny, how some say it's too early to judge him yet,

    they claim they've seen enough to call him a beast. wow, smh.

    Then tell JIMChief to calm down...

    because he's comparing him to another player yet they compare him all the time.

    Hypo...
    no rather HYPERCRITS

    the hype is heavy and obvious we know what's going on (wink white- I mean wink wink)

  13. #28
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Eventually people are going to have to agree to disagree...but I just don't get the Gallinari hate.

    Even if you think he sucks.
    Even if you think he is the worst player of all time.
    Even if you think these are just excuses, not explanations of the way one should expect a European player (especially one who had a serious injury) to develop.
    Even if you think he's a bust after one full season.

    What would you have D'Antoni do?

    Do you prefer he just quits on the kid?
    Do you prefer he starts Al Harrington, who certainly isn't a part of the future, and neglect Gallinari who may be?
    Do you prefer he stashes Gallinari on the bench, stifling whatever possible growth is there?

    Or would you prefer to try like hell to squeeze some juice out of this orange?
    Would you prefer to TRY, even if it is futile, to get something out of the number 6 pick?

    And now I bet I see some people talking about how D'Antoni gave up on Jordan Hill...and I agree, he shouldn't have. But that doesn't mean he should also quit on Gallinari.

    It makes me sad to see you people just so ready to quit on this kid. I understand you think he sucks, he's the worst draft pick in the world since Ryan Leaf, or whatever the negative things you think about him are. I tend to disagree...but the argument boils down to, on either end: are you ready to quit on him? It seems you guys are saying yes, but why? Whatever potential he has will just be stifled...

    And the race thing is absolutely ridiculous. I see some people anti-playing Gallinari were also anti-storing Jordan Hill on the bench. Is that because he was black? I don't think so, and I would never suggest it. The fact that you accuse others of focusing solely on race means that you can only focus on Gallinari being white...and as such, are a racist.

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Oh I guess I am just stupid then to compare Gallo to Durant because they are the same height, age, play the same position, and were both lottery picks. What was I thinking.....

    Its funny David Lee's name is brought into the equation and is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. David Lee is 6'9" but made the All-Star team at Center. David Lee is Mr. Double/Double and plays MUCH BIGGER THAN HIS HEIGHT while Gallo is 6'11" and thinks he's a shooting guard. It's a credit to David Lee that he has developed a reliable 18-20 foot jumper, but he does not try to make a living out there, BECAUSE THE PERCENTAGES WILL KILL YOU. If you don't think a layup is easier than a three-pointer, then you are an idiot.

    It ain't about white or black, its about style of play. David Lee is the player you guys SHOULD saying is a beast, but you want him traded. You think NBA stars will be lining up to play with Gallo???? You gotta be kidding me. So keep giving Gallo free passes even though most of the guys drafted around him where and are better NBA players. I hope you guys are right and Gallo turns into the next whoever, but I have been watching basketball for a long time and all I see is an over hyped, poor man's Toni Krucow without the benefit of Jordan, Pippen, or Phil Jackson's coaching.

  15. #30
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Excuse #21.

    Gallo's development was stifled.

    Funny, how some say it's too early to judge him yet,

    they claim they've seen enough to call him a beast. wow, smh.

    Then tell JIMChief to calm down...

    because he's comparing him to another player yet they compare him all the time.

    Hypo...
    no rather HYPERCRITS

    the hype is heavy and obvious we know what's going on (wink white- I mean wink wink)

    Dear Mr. Start-a-debate-and-then-retreat,


    Why don't you speak directly to me instead of alluding to me. Let me guess...this way when I call you on your crap you can run to another thread without responding, again...(you started an entire thread directed at me, I repsonded and you couldn't muster a cogent response)

    I can evaluate Gallo on what I have seen and yes he can get quite beastly at times illustrated by Big C's vidz. That does not mean I can't point out the idiocy of passing final judgment on a player who barely played his rookie season and is still getting better. Nor have any of you been able to respond to my point about David Lee at this point in his career and how he continues to get better showing how foolish it is to declare someone a bust this early in their careers..

    Newsflash....sometimes excuses are legitimate!!!! Until you can disprove my assertions or show how those real facts don't contribute to a players development than just calling them an excuse is a piss poor shallow argument. You, Jim and others make it very clear that you never took a debate class. Your arguments are rife with logical fallacies and unsubstantiated assertions and would have been thrown out in the first round of a moderated debate.

    BTW, further insistence that this has anything to do with race highlights your lack of an argument. I have never argued anything to do with race and you are just asserting yet another unsubstantiated claim. Par for your inadequate and feeble debate tactics. I even went so far as to specifically point out that not all Europeans are white and that the systems, training and schedule are different. It's clear you can't EVER argue on the merits and must distort other posters motives to fit your simplistic narrative. You are basically calling people who argue on behalf of a player who happens to be white as racists. You are mad corny and petty dude.



    LOL at these emo kats who wouldn't know a rational debate if one slapped them upside their heads.

    Keep hating and menstruating while knowledgeable fans are patiently waiting...
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Mar 29, 2010 at 10:21.

Similar Threads

  1. I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?
    By DaTPRiNCE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: Dec 04, 2009, 16:37
  2. Nets vs Knicks Official Website including Game Dates
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Aug 29, 2009, 02:05
  3. Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: Nov 01, 2008, 18:36
  4. [Article] Knicks Know About Game 7
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 19, 2004, 12:31
  5. Nets Survive Triple Bypass.....
    By frankwilliams in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 14:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •