Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 136

Thread: Breaking Down Danilo Gallinari's offensive game

  1. #31
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Oh I guess I am just stupid then to compare Gallo to Durant because they are the same height, age, play the same position, and were both lottery picks. What was I thinking.....

    Its funny David Lee's name is brought into the equation and is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. David Lee is 6'9" but made the All-Star team at Center. David Lee is Mr. Double/Double and plays MUCH BIGGER THAN HIS HEIGHT while Gallo is 6'11" and thinks he's a shooting guard. It's a credit to David Lee that he has developed a reliable 18-20 foot jumper, but he does not try to make a living out there, BECAUSE THE PERCENTAGES WILL KILL YOU. If you don't think a layup is easier than a three-pointer, then you are an idiot.

    It ain't about white or black, its about style of play. David Lee is the player you guys SHOULD saying is a beast, but you want him traded. You think NBA stars will be lining up to play with Gallo???? You gotta be kidding me. So keep giving Gallo free passes even though most of the guys drafted around him where and are better NBA players. I hope you guys are right and Gallo turns into the next whoever, but I have been watching basketball for a long time and all I see is an over hyped, poor man's Toni Krucow without the benefit of Jordan, Pippen, or Phil Jackson's coaching.
    I made an entire argument why it is idiotic to compare the two and you just reiterated your initial post while ignoring my entire argument.

    Further I never wanted Lee traded and have even made threads dedicated towards him staying a Knick. Further I never said NBA stars will be lining up to play with Gallo...that's called a straw man argument...aka a logical fallacy. How about you debate what I say instead of making **** up just to shoot it down...

  2. #32
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I made an entire argument why it is idiotic to compare the two and you just reiterated your initial post while ignoring my entire argument.

    Further I never wanted Lee traded and have even made threads dedicated towards him staying a Knick. Further I never said NBA stars will be lining up to play with Gallo...that's called a straw man argument...aka a logical fallacy. How about you debate what I say instead of making **** up just to shoot it down...
    Agreed...I feel like the people on this site that want Lee out most are generally also the ones arguing to send Gallo packing. Those defending Gallo I feel generally are the ones wanting to keep Lee.

    Also, still, you see the Gallo haters ducking away from the fatal flaw in their argument: They want Gallo gone or think he should sit, but don't posit any alternative. They would rather retard any actual growth Gallo might have, seemingly just so they can be right that this guy was a bad draft pick...So again, I pose the question:

    What good does sitting Gallo do? Would you rather start Al Harrington, who will not be wearing a Knicks uniform next season and forfeit whatever future our #6 pick has? The way I see it we have two options:

    1) Sit Gallo and sulk about how we didn't draft Brook Lopez or
    2) Try like hell to get whatever we can out of this guy, squeezing whatever value we possibly can out of our #6 pick.

    It seems as though the Gallo-haters would choose the former...But I'm never for giving up on draft picks after only one full year of play.

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah. Even if you think Gallo was a bad pick, which I don't entirely disagree with (since Brook Lopez would've been a much better pick in hindsight), you can't change that at this point in time anymore. We're stuck with Gallo whether you like it or not - so we might as well play him so he gets better and becomes either a valuable trade chip or a half-decent player.

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Same ol' ignoramuses getting beat down like a 60's hippie to a billyclub by Trillion and Kblack. Do these fools even watch the games?

    Gallo is going to go down as an elite pick (random, freak injuries notwithstanding).

    Are you all so BLINDED by the WHITE-glare of his skin that you can't see and appreciate the remarkable talent and acumen he has shown throughout this otherwise BLIGHTED season?

    Elite slashing; premier 3pt. touch; balls; clutch; defensive prowess be it taking charging fouls, general awareness, or an ability to notch up stl's and blk's.

    It's weak to ignore the obvious -- and MOST telling and influential -- facets of his game and his season. This matters much at this point. Look at how old he is. Look at how many games he has played (for what was a circus act of a team).

    I'll keep saying it -- next year is going to be a break out year which won't surprise those of us who have the intelligence to notice what has been brewing with this kid.

    Also, the Bible was just amended to posit that Jimchief not only stands for him being chief of the fags, but that Eddy Curry must have skull****ed him to make his mind so rank that he will go on an attack comparing Gallo's worth with Durant's career.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Agreed...I feel like the people on this site that want Lee out most are generally also the ones arguing to send Gallo packing. Those defending Gallo I feel generally are the ones wanting to keep Lee.

    Also, still, you see the Gallo haters ducking away from the fatal flaw in their argument: They want Gallo gone or think he should sit, but don't posit any alternative. They would rather retard any actual growth Gallo might have, seemingly just so they can be right that this guy was a bad draft pick...So again, I pose the question:

    What good does sitting Gallo do? Would you rather start Al Harrington, who will not be wearing a Knicks uniform next season and forfeit whatever future our #6 pick has? The way I see it we have two options:

    1) Sit Gallo and sulk about how we didn't draft Brook Lopez or
    2) Try like hell to get whatever we can out of this guy, squeezing whatever value we possibly can out of our #6 pick.

    It seems as though the Gallo-haters would choose the former...But I'm never for giving up on draft picks after only one full year of play.
    Here is alternative for you: get rid of T-mac(has been) and Gallo(never will be) and grab Agent 0. That way we would have a real cold-blooded shooter/scorer than a wanna-be and Agent O can handle the rock as well. Give Will the Thrill Gallo's minutes at 3 and grab a center and roll. All to easy...

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Same ol' ignoramuses getting beat down like a 60's hippie to a billyclub by Trillion and Kblack. Do these fools even watch the games?

    Gallo is going to go down as an elite pick (random, freak injuries notwithstanding).

    Are you all so BLINDED by the WHITE-glare of his skin that you can't see and appreciate the remarkable talent and acumen he has shown throughout this otherwise BLIGHTED season?

    Elite slashing; premier 3pt. touch; balls; clutch; defensive prowess be it taking charging fouls, general awareness, or an ability to notch up stl's and blk's.

    It's weak to ignore the obvious -- and MOST telling and influential -- facets of his game and his season. This matters much at this point. Look at how old he is. Look at how many games he has played (for what was a circus act of a team).

    I'll keep saying it -- next year is going to be a break out year which won't surprise those of us who have the intelligence to notice what has been brewing with this kid.

    Also, the Bible was just amended to posit that Jimchief not only stands for him being chief of the fags, but that Eddy Curry must have skull****ed him to make his mind so rank that he will go on an attack comparing Gallo's worth with Durant's career.
    Elite shooting touch???? Gallo is ranked 38th in the league in 3 point percentage. Look it up. As for the rest of you post: **** you!!!!

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I made an entire argument why it is idiotic to compare the two and you just reiterated your initial post while ignoring my entire argument.

    Further I never wanted Lee traded and have even made threads dedicated towards him staying a Knick. Further I never said NBA stars will be lining up to play with Gallo...that's called a straw man argument...aka a logical fallacy. How about you debate what I say instead of making **** up just to shoot it down...
    To be honest I missed your point in the midst of that boring, long-winded post. Succinct is certainly better if you are trying to make a point. But how about responding to the fact that David Lee built his game from inside out and that's why he is an All-Star and second in the league in FG%???

  8. #38
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Here is alternative for you: get rid of T-mac(has been) and Gallo(never will be) and grab Agent 0. That way we would have a real cold-blooded shooter/scorer than a wanna-be and Agent O can handle the rock as well. Give Will the Thrill Gallo's minutes at 3 and grab a center and roll. All to easy...
    Unfortunately, Arenas is not only a cold-blooded scorer but a moron as well. Chandler is out for the season and has not shown half as much determination on court as Gallo has. Which centre do you suggest we should pick up? I heard Jerome James is available again .

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Unfortunately, Arenas is not only a cold-blooded scorer but a moron as well. Chandler is out for the season and has not shown half as much determination on court as Gallo has. Which centre do you suggest we should pick up? I heard Jerome James is available again .
    I am talking about next year for Chandler of course. What determination did Gallo show playing in only 28 games in his "rookie" season????(I don't know how many rookie seasons Gallo may have according to his apologists Gallo will be a "rookie" until he is 50.) As for the center, I don't know, maybe one that could block shots because we have the scoring in D. Lee. As far as Agent 0, sounds like a familiar story too me. "Troubled Star find a Home in NY"(Sprewell).

  10. #40
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I am talking about next year for Chandler of course. What determination did Gallo show playing in only 28 games in his "rookie" season????(I don't know how many rookie seasons Gallo may have according to his apologists Gallo will be a "rookie" until he is 50.) As for the center, I don't know, maybe one that could block shots because we have the scoring in D. Lee. As far as Agent 0, sounds like a familiar story too me. "Troubled Star find a Home in NY"(Sprewell).
    What a great idea lets grab an aging, injury ridden PG who gets himself arrested and almost sent to prison and has a 20 million dollar contract running through 2014! Screw the 2010 plan just get Agent 0 and lose for another 5 years

    Yeah sounds like a familiar story to me "Knicks overpay an ex star PG" (Marbury).

  11. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    And after further review the stats show that the only player in the league to date with more 3 point attempts than Gallo is Aaron Brooks. Like I stated above the percentages are KILLING the "****" so bad he needs Viagra. I was listening to Bobby Knight this morning explaining that Kentucky lost over the week-end because they didn't have back-up plan when there 3 POINT SHOOTING failed them against the WV zone. Sound familiar????

  12. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,050
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    What a great idea lets grab an aging, injury ridden PG who gets himself arrested and almost sent to prison and has a 20 million dollar contract running through 2014! Screw the 2010 plan just get Agent 0 and lose for another 5 years

    Yeah sounds like a familiar story to me "Knicks overpay an ex star PG" (Marbury).
    And if that 20 million dollar contract gets voided????

  13. #43
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I am talking about next year for Chandler of course. What determination did Gallo show playing in only 28 games in his "rookie" season????(I don't know how many rookie seasons Gallo may have according to his apologists Gallo will be a "rookie" until he is 50.) As for the center, I don't know, maybe one that could block shots because we have the scoring in D. Lee. As far as Agent 0, sounds like a familiar story too me. "Troubled Star find a Home in NY"(Sprewell).
    SMH @ the Arenas-idea. Maybe we could get Brian Butch from The Bakersfield Jam. He is going to be the next big thing on 5. Gallo has got swagger which is something Chandler lacks.

  14. #44
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    And if that 20 million dollar contract gets voided????
    It's not getting voided... That is obvious to everyone. Grunfeld has already stated he wants Arenas back on the Wiz next year anyway. I doubt they are even trying to void it because it's a futile exercise.

    Not to mention the Wizards were 14-30 with Arenas and a lineup of

    Arenas
    Young
    Butler
    Jamison
    Foye/Haywood
    Blatche
    McGee
    Boykins

    That lineup is better than we had all year and they still sucked. How you can think Arenas is a worthwhile pickup is beyond comprehension.

    BTW I don't support Gallo, I prefer Chandler over Gallo and have said so in many posts. But your arguments are not congruent.

    Gallo before his February slump was shooting 40% from 3 point land and was one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. He plays aggressive defense and when he plays aggressive offense he can dominate. He reduced the 2nd best SF in the league (Anthony) production from 50 points to 28 points.

    Yes sometimes he plays poorly camping out at the 3 point line, he needs to change that and develop some post game and drive more, but for a "2nd year" player he's still doing good for a lottery pick. Would I have preferred Lopez? Yes. However hindsight is 20-20.

    He has played 99 career games, barely more than a full season 82 games. He missed an offseason due to injury. He's not THAT bad.

  15. #45
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    To be honest I missed your point in the midst of that boring, long-winded post. Succinct is certainly better if you are trying to make a point. But how about responding to the fact that David Lee built his game from inside out and that's why he is an All-Star and second in the league in FG%???

    Right so you comment on the length of my post but not it's contents. Why am I not surprised that you can't and won't debate the merits of the topic.

    As to Lee, it was me who brought him up so it is you who must address my points...again you can't. I will indulge you though...Just because Lee built his game from the paint out and Gallo is a perimeter player means nothing towards potential nor does it have any relevance to this topic. Nice diversion and pivot...now try addressing my numerous points that directly counter your whole argument.


    EDIT** You continue to be succinct and wrong and I'll take as long as I need to be right. Sometimes it takes a few hundred words to make a REAL argument based on facts, stats and logic. It's easy to blurt half truths, emotional rants and logical fallacies then ignore another posters argument than actually responding in a thoughtful way.
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Mar 29, 2010 at 17:56.

Similar Threads

  1. I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?
    By DaTPRiNCE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: Dec 04, 2009, 15:37
  2. Nets vs Knicks Official Website including Game Dates
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Aug 29, 2009, 01:05
  3. Game 2: Knicks @ 76ers 10/31
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: Nov 01, 2008, 17:36
  4. [Article] Knicks Know About Game 7
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 19, 2004, 11:31
  5. Nets Survive Triple Bypass.....
    By frankwilliams in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 13:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •