Stat mentions NY again + Thinks McGrady is a fag.

Would you pay Stoudemire between $13-16m to play in NY

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
After Amar'e Stoudemire's recent resurgence as an elite post player in the NBA, his mouth has been wagging about 3 things:

1. He's worth a lot of Johnny Ca$h.
2. He's a 50/50 chance of a re-signing @ Phoenix
3. Realigning with D'Antoni in NY for the sake of both their success.

Asked Friday about possibly playing for New York, Stoudemire said, "Playing with (D'Antoni) was successful, so I'm pretty sure he'd like to have some more success, and so would I."

In a Yahoo! article, Stoudemire said of his recent play, "I'm getting more expensive by the game."

So this dude is heading toward the playoffs in a tussle for the highest possible seed in the uber competitive West but can't help himself from making the above comments. What a ****ing scrotum.!

Notice how Mike & Donnie have never mentioned his name. That sort of loyalty (even if he has been on the trade block the last 2 years) isn't what I want in NYC.

Just saying.
PHP48EC2B33D55AE.jpg

And then this:

The distaste that Suns forward Amar'e Stoudemire has for New York's Tracy McGrady was slowly but willingly revealed Friday morning.

It began after the Suns' shootaround with a question about whether McGrady coming back from microfracture knee surgery at his age would be more difficult than when Stoudemire did it.

"It takes a lot of self-discipline," Stoudemire said. "I'm not sure that everyone has it."

Pointed but innocuous.

He was asked about whether McGrady's decision to go from high school to the NBA had influenced him.

"It really didn't," Stoudemire said. "I went to a high school football game to talk to him about going to the NBA. He didn't really say anything. I respect Tracy, but that's where it ends."

McGrady played for Orlando from 2000 to 2004. Stoudemire was a rising high school star in nearby Polk County, where McGrady also grew up, before making his own preps-to-pros jump in 2002. Stoudemire said McGrady was watching his brother's football game when Stoudemire approached him.

"I'm not a huge Tracy McGrady fan," Stoudemire said.

As a person or player?

"Both," he said.

Why?

"I tried to reach out to him one time before in high school, really to get some advice on going from high school to the NBA, and he pretty much didn't say anything," he said. "So I look at myself now being successful in the NBA, if a kid from my hometown was to come up to me and say, 'Yo, Amar'e. I'm thinking about going out of high school.' I would say, 'Well, you know what, it's a tough process. College is very important. Education is very important.' So forth and so on. I didn't get any of that. I just went off my instinct."

McGrady not only disputed that such an exchange occurred but said he never went to a high school football game while he was a Magic player and that his brother did not play football. He said he did have a phone conversation on the topic with Stoudemire and watched Stoudemire play against his brother's team.

"That's a made-up story," McGrady said.
mcgrady_gallery040622-15.jpg

In turn, Stoudemire said McGrady was lying.
Amare%20Stoudemire%2002.jpg

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...enix-suns-amare-stoudemire-tracy-mcgrady.html

I hate arrogance in anyone, but Amar'e is clearly not only self obsessed, but a whining slut.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
well i think T Mac will be a Knick if he will accept a cheap contract and honestly I think David Lee at 10 million a year is more valuable than Amare at 16 mil a year.

Amare is still injury prone...David never really gets injured.
Lee hustels 24/7...Amare clearly doesnt or else he'd have huge numbers with his athleticism and height.
Amare obviously has more potential but Lee wants to be better more than Amare does. You can tell by the work ethic that Lee has...he is in a group of very fewe players that have drastically changed their skill level by work ethic.

I say get someone else besides Amare...hopefully a guard to pair with T Mac and resign Lee and sign two centers...we should be a playoff team next year if we just get some important pieces.

List of important free agents
1)Lebron of course
2)D Wade
3)Chris Bosh
4) Joe Johnson
5) David Lee
6)Camby and another defensive minded center
7) Amare
8) T Mac for cheap

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
heres what it comes down to, if signing amare means lebron than we do it. Let lebron have whoever the **** he wants. If he says "sign Yakhouba Diawara to a max deal" we give him a max deal.

other than under those circumstances no, we do not take Amare.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Wow, are you guys serious? Amare would immediately become our best player by far and you wouldn't take him all because he has a problem with T-Mac??? Amare's knee issues are long gone and his eye surgery doesn't really count toward him being injury prone since that was more of a freak accident.
Lee is good but he aint Amare.

Lee hustles 24/7 except on defense and while he has improved parts of his game, the TEAM has not thrived with him. I'm ready to go in a different direction.

If we can't sign James, Wade or Bosh first then I would welcome Amare to the big apple and pair him with another big man or wing player.

Since I live in PHX, i get to watch Amar'e every game. Since the all-star break he has been an absolute beast, legitimately the second best player in the league behind lebron. However, combined with his most recent comments I can't help but think he is the classic example of a player giving more effort in a contract year, especially wit the cba coming up after the year.
He is an egomaniac (and a horrible tipper to boot, my friend valeted for him one night and did NOT get a tip.) He is not the kind of person i want in my team's locker room, period.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Wow, are you guys serious? Amare would immediately become our best player by far and you wouldn't take him all because he has a problem with T-Mac??? Amare's knee issues are long gone and his eye surgery doesn't really count toward him being injury prone since that was more of a freak accident.

Lee hustles 24/7 except on defense and while he has improved parts of his game, the TEAM has not thrived with him. I'm ready to go in a different direction.

If we can't sign James, Wade or Bosh first then I would welcome Amare to the big apple and pair him with another big man or wing player.

It's not because he has a problem with T Mac. If you read posts made by others instead of breezing over them you'd find that you haven't gotten the point.

It's because he's another classic case of NBA narcissism. As said by the new dude above:

Free agency appears and so does Amar'e.

quiggle

Starter
who cares what type of person he is, as long as he can turn the franchise around. hey hoopshome, did you ever go to his restaurant how is it?

Amareisreal is his twitter peep it.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I feel the same way about Amare as I do with Bosh, they're both second fiddle players and they're not worth the max. If either are the deal breaker for getting LeBron, then alright give em the max if that's what it takes...Having said that, I'd rather have Lee at 10-12 mil per, then play either of these guys max money...

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's not because he has a problem with T Mac. If you read posts made by others instead of breezing over them you'd find that you haven't gotten the point.

It's because he's another classic case of NBA narcissism. As said by the new dude above:

Free agency appears and so does Amar'e.

What the hell does that have to do with anythinig??? Dude can straight up ball and he's been a winner plus he's better than Lee so I don't get your point.

Even if he did only care about himself it doesn't seem to be affecting anything in PHX. Stop over-reacting to stupid s***.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I picked "**** yes" on the poll question.

IMO, Amare is worth 14 million. He's not worth any greater than that.

As for the article, amare stoudemire seems as if he got his feelings hurt. I mean he was mr. basketball in florida, t-mac should have known this. Professional athletes these days... :lol:

Paul1355

All Star

maybe im bias against Amare becuase he puts his foot in his mouth with comments but Amare at 16 million and Lee at 10 million...i go with Lee....save money and get great production and can afford a good center with Lee which would make Lee even better on both ends of the court.

Ya I've been to his restaurant, it's a nice spot right down by the arena, pretty good food.

But what I'm saying is amare is a great offensive player who doesn't give it at both ends of the court. With Mike D running the show, like he did with amare in phoenix, there is no incentive for amare to play d and he wont, unless lebron is there, in which case he will demand it because he knows what it takes to win.
Amare does not care about winning.

Things have not worked out fine in phoenix, they win 50 games every year and lose in the first round of the playoffs, is this what you want for the knicks? Not to mention this is while playing with a two-time mvp under the same system we have in new york.

Amare would undoubtedly become the best player on our team, but that is like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome. we need to pair him with another, soon to be, 2-time mvp in order for him to even have a CHANCE at success as a knick...which is why i am completely against it

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What the hell does that have to do with anythinig??? Dude can straight up ball and he's been a winner plus he's better than Lee so I don't get your point.

Even if he did only care about himself it doesn't seem to be affecting anything in PHX. Stop over-reacting to stupid s***.

So you don't find it worth considering that he's been:

Accused of causing locker room tension.
Actively showing interest in other teams.
Bad mouthing other players. Not only T Mac.
On the block the last 3 years even as an All Star - what's with that? Can't see why Phoenix would want to trade a high output F/C?
Playing at his best with cash on the line.

?

All whilst being the main scorer and rebounder on a team going to the playoffs. What sort of butt hole does that?

If that's your idea of stupid shit that doesn't deserve a negative reaction vs a guy that can flat out play then we'll just have to agree to disagree about the kind of player NY needs to be ultimately successful.

nyk_nyk

All Star
So you don't find it worth considering that he's been:

Accused of causing locker room tension.
Actively showing interest in other teams.
Bad mouthing other players. Not only T Mac.
On the block the last 3 years even as an All Star - what's with that? Can't see why Phoenix would want to trade a high output F/C?
Playing at his best with cash on the line.

?

All whilst being the main scorer and rebounder on a team going to the playoffs. What sort of butt hole does that?

If that's your idea of stupid shit that doesn't deserve a negative reaction vs a guy that can flat out play then we'll just have to agree to disagree about the kind of player NY needs to be ultimately successful.

Never heard of him causing tension in the locker room. The suns have been rumored to include him in trades plenty of times so can you blame him for showing a little interest in another team?

So what he bad mouths other players. I didn't know the NBA was a part time charm school. Shaq does it all the time and no one cares.

Amare has never fully commited to resigning with Phoenix so its smart for them to see what their options are in trading him for value.

Amare is one of the best so if your satisfied with Lee and his overrated "doube-doubles" then ok.

Amar'e and Shawn Marion not getting along was the reason marion got traded and they broke up the nucleus of the team that got to the conference finals against the spurs and lost ( in part because amar'e was suspended for coming off of the bench) in game 7. Marion was the perfect player for that team because he could guard anyone and was a 20-10 guy even though his jump shot was broke and he had hardly any plays ran for him, not to mention his 1-2 blocks & steals per game, if you have watched the suns back then, he was more valuable at the time but Amar'e was a rising star so the choice was easy for the organization.

I feel the same way about Amare as I do with Bosh, they're both second fiddle players and they're not worth the max. If either are the deal breaker for getting LeBron, then alright give em the max if that's what it takes...Having said that, I'd rather have Lee at 10-12 mil per, then play either of these guys max money...

:agreed: 110%

quiggle

Starter
I think we should stop considering STAT coming to the Knicks, he seems more interested in New Jersey instead.