Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: NY v GS

  1. #16
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    You have the right to your opinion, but the only one acting with audacity is you. You are telling people what it is they think, based on a complex set of conspiratorial beliefs that you have associated with their thinking. You refuse to take their opinions at face-value.

    What is an especially strange part of your thinking is that you assign the same thinking to multiple individuals, as if we formed our opinions together, in a manner free of independent thought.

    To address your other points, I do not "hate" Gallo, D'Antoni or Walsh. Rather, I disapprove of their involvement and, or, actions, within the organization. I would like them off of the team, because, like Isiah, they do not respect the team's history or our current needs. We have a coach that does not stress D, a GM that, in his own words, does not believe in "filling a need," and a prima donna player, being hyped up to a sickening degree.

    Moreover, I respect the team's history and believe that Ewing needs to be a part of our history. I also feel that, in the same vein, when guys like Landry and Roberson have been given opportunities to play on the team, Ewing, Jr., based on his play and his father's legacy, should have gotten an opportunity.

    As Jim and ABCD have already stated, the Gallo, D'Antoni connection cannot be dismissed. It is not difficult for D'Antoni to deny any involvement in Gallo's acquisition. It is gullible of you to regurgitate the organization talking points with such conviction.

    And I have stated that Gallo was a bust, even before his NBA career started, based on the fact that a great center: Brook Lopez, was passed over for him. As time has passed, other players have proven to be better draft selections. This is not my opinion, this is a fact.

    My evaluation on his future was, and is, based on his lack of speed, jumping ability, strength, post-up, foot-speed/agility and athleticism. He is deficient in too many areas: he is too weak and slow, in addition to lacking dexterity, to play well in the post, he cannot handle the ball (because of this) in a way that would allow him to take people off the dribble. He lacks the foot-speed to guard the three or two. He cannot play the four or five, because of lack of strength. He is a liability on both ends.

    These are real reasons, not merely some sort of reaction to hate for D'Antoni. I hope this answers your questions and allows you to see that those that disagree with you have genuine reasons for doing so. I'll leave you now, so that you may wallow in your blind love for a few new-jacks to the Knicks.

    Everyone else: remember, the Knicks are not Gallo, D'Antoni and Walsh. Those guys just got here. The Knicks were around, for decades prior to their arrival, and they will be around far after their departure.

  2. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    You have the right to your opinion, but the only one acting with audacity is you. You are telling people what it is they think, based on a complex set of conspiratorial beliefs that you have associated with their thinking. You refuse to take their opinions at face-value.

    What is an especially strange part of your thinking is that you assign the same thinking to multiple individuals, as if we formed our opinions together, in a manner free of independent thought.

    To address your other points, I do not "hate" Gallo, D'Antoni or Walsh. Rather, I disapprove of their involvement and, or, actions, within the organization. I would like them off of the team, because, like Isiah, they do not respect the team's history or our current needs. We have a coach that does not stress D, a GM that, in his own words, does not believe in "filling a need," and a prima donna player, being hyped up to a sickening degree.

    Moreover, I respect the team's history and believe that Ewing needs to be a part of our history. I also feel that, in the same vein, when guys like Landry and Roberson have been given opportunities to play on the team, Ewing, Jr., based on his play and his father's legacy, should have gotten an opportunity.

    As Jim and ABCD have already stated, the Gallo, D'Antoni connection cannot be dismissed. It is not difficult for D'Antoni to deny any involvement in Gallo's acquisition. It is gullible of you to regurgitate the organization talking points with such conviction.

    And I have stated that Gallo was a bust, even before his NBA career started, based on the fact that a great center: Brook Lopez, was passed over for him. As time has passed, other players have proven to be better draft selections. This is not my opinion, this is a fact.

    My evaluation on his future was, and is, based on his lack of speed, jumping ability, strength, post-up, foot-speed/agility and athleticism. He is deficient in too many areas: he is too weak and slow, in addition to lacking dexterity, to play well in the post, he cannot handle the ball (because of this) in a way that would allow him to take people off the dribble. He lacks the foot-speed to guard the three or two. He cannot play the four or five, because of lack of strength. He is a liability on both ends.

    These are real reasons, not merely some sort of reaction to hate for D'Antoni. I hope this answers your questions and allows you to see that those that disagree with you have genuine reasons for doing so. I'll leave you now, so that you may wallow in your blind love for a few new-jacks to the Knicks.

    Everyone else: remember, the Knicks are not Gallo, D'Antoni and Walsh. Those guys just got here. The Knicks were around, for decades prior to their arrival, and they will be around far after their departure.
    I was going to respond after reading this whole thread, but my head now hurts.

    Dude, you are such a hater it is ridiculous.

    Mike D'Antoni is a coach who has had huge success everywhere he has been except for the last 2 years coaching an inept Knicks team that was dismantled within the first month of his coaching tenure in anticipation of 2010.

    Danilo Gallinari is basically a rookie, having missed the majority of last season (his true rookie year) with injury, but coming on strong this year. He has not been injured at all and has impressed just about everyone with his shooting and toughness. He is averaging 14.5 points per game. Dirk Nowitzki averaged 8 points his rookie year and 17 points in his second year, so I would say that Gallinari is pretty much right on target.

    And Donnie Walsh is a VERY respected person within the NBA. Everyone knows that. He can judge talent and he understands the game.

    You sir, are a hater with an account on knicksonline.com. You have accomplished nothing, you have no credibility.

    I suspect you are angry black man, but that is just a hunch.

  3. #18
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman
    I was going to respond after reading this whole thread, but my head now hurts.

    Dude, you are such a hater it is ridiculous.

    Mike D'Antoni is a coach who has had huge success everywhere he has been except for the last 2 years coaching an inept Knicks team that was dismantled within the first month of his coaching tenure in anticipation of 2010.

    Danilo Gallinari is basically a rookie, having missed the majority of last season (his true rookie year) with injury, but coming on strong this year. He has not been injured at all and has impressed just about everyone with his shooting and toughness. He is averaging 14.5 points per game. Dirk Nowitzki averaged 8 points his rookie year and 17 points in his second year, so I would say that Gallinari is pretty much right on target.

    And Donnie Walsh is a VERY respected person within the NBA. Everyone knows that. He can judge talent and he understands the game.

    You sir, are a hater with an account on knicksonline.com. You have accomplished nothing, you have no credibility.

    I suspect you are angry black man, but that is just a hunch.

    Why a black man? He is an angry man, but why would you single out "black"? You sound like a rascist *******.

  4. #19
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Hitman
    I was going to respond after reading this whole thread, but my head now hurts.

    Dude, you are such a hater it is ridiculous.

    Mike D'Antoni is a coach who has had huge success everywhere he has been except for the last 2 years coaching an inept Knicks team that was dismantled within the first month of his coaching tenure in anticipation of 2010.

    Danilo Gallinari is basically a rookie, having missed the majority of last season (his true rookie year) with injury, but coming on strong this year. He has not been injured at all and has impressed just about everyone with his shooting and toughness. He is averaging 14.5 points per game. Dirk Nowitzki averaged 8 points his rookie year and 17 points in his second year, so I would say that Gallinari is pretty much right on target.

    And Donnie Walsh is a VERY respected person within the NBA. Everyone knows that. He can judge talent and he understands the game.

    You sir, are a hater with an account on knicksonline.com. You have accomplished nothing, you have no credibility.

    I suspect you are angry black man, but that is just a hunch.
    1. Did you know that the Nuggets fired D'Antoni for performing poorly? Afterward, he had to take an assistant's job with Portland.

    2. Going on reputations, that of Walsh and others, is what got the Knicks where they are. If you do not agree, simply take a look at the assed-out acquisition of so many big names, by the Knicks, e.g., Q, Steve Francis, Gallo, etc. At some point the Knicks need to evaluate someone on more than reputation, before hiring, or passing up on, them.

    3. Gallo is a sophomore, who was pro in Europe and played in 28 games, and pre-season and summer league, last season. In addition, he is playing more minutes than Nowitzki was, at this point in his career, yet he is still producing weak numbers, insofar as field goal percentage is concerned.

    4. I have no credibility, and have failed to accomplish anything, with you. Otherwise, you would make a little more sense and do something more than just repeat the same, old arguments in support of D'Antoni and Walsh.

    I think you are just a D'Antoni fan, with no real history as a Knick fan. I repeat, D'Antoni, Walsh and Gallo are not the Knicks. As Marbury recently stated in regards to himself, I have grown up as a Knick fan, I will be a Knick fan long after Walsh, D'Antoni and Gallo are gone.

    And I am glad you exposed yourself as yet another KOL racist. I will not continue to challenge these self-defeating arguments, so you and your like, in the thralls of your delusions, should feel free to claim victory.




  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    He seems like an angry black man. I was born and raised in the Bronx and don't have a racist bone in my body.

    But I do know some angry black dudes. And he sounds like one.

    That ain't racist. That's calling a spade a spade.

  6. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan

    And I am glad you exposed yourself as yet another KOL racist. \:

    Really dude? For calling you out as an angry black man? That makes me racist....hmmmm.

    Which one don't you agree with? Angry? Black? Man?

    I am pretty all sure apply to you. Am I wrong?

    The three guys you hate on are the 3 most valuable people on the Knicks right now, considering David Lee is a free agent this summer.

    Are they perfect? Of course not. But they all bring huge strengths to the table & the future of the next few years of Knicks basketball is going to depend a lot on these three men.

  7. #22
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    The only one that sounds angry, on this thread, is you. I have not made one post in anger or with ill will to anyone else. As for the rest...

    Since when is use of the word of spade not racist? Since when is including mention of someone being Black, as part of a discussion of their lack of personal achievement, not racist?

    Moreover, you mention your association with minorities as evidence of your non-racist ideology. This is, in actuality, the mark of a racist, in case you did not know (very likely, along with almost every other piece of worthwhile knowledge).

    It is because of all of this that I will not dignify your assumptions of who, and what, I am with an answer, because THEY (your assumptions) are irrelevant to a sports discussion. Answering the product of your filthy mind will only give these comments power and credence. I refuse to do that.

    Remember, a lot of racists believe, in the midst of their delusions, that they are not. I will allow you, at this point, to retire to your cheap existence.

    Good evening.

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    The only one that sounds angry, on this thread, is you. I have not made one post in anger or with ill will to anyone else. As for the rest...

    Since when is use of the word of spade not racist? Since when is including mention of someone being Black, as part of a discussion of their lack of personal achievement, not racist?

    Moreover, you mention your association with minorities as evidence of your non-racist ideology. This is, in actuality, the mark of a racist, in case you did not know (very likely, along with almost every other piece of worthwhile knowledge).

    It is because of all of this that I will not dignify your assumptions of who, and what, I am with an answer, because THEY (your assumptions) are irrelevant to a sports discussion. Answering the product of your filthy mind will only give these comments power and credence. I refuse to do that.

    Remember, a lot of racists believe, in the midst of their delusions, that they are not. I will allow you, at this point, to retire to your cheap existence.

    Good evening.
    Good evening to you OGKnickfan.

    You may be an angry black man, but peace be with you my black brother.

  9. #24
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ought oh hear comes the needless racism fireworks.

  10. #25
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    You have the right to your opinion, but the only one acting with audacity is you. You are telling people what it is they think, based on a complex set of conspiratorial beliefs that you have associated with their thinking. You refuse to take their opinions at face-value.

    What is an especially strange part of your thinking is that you assign the same thinking to multiple individuals, as if we formed our opinions together, in a manner free of independent thought.

    To address your other points, I do not "hate" Gallo, D'Antoni or Walsh. Rather, I disapprove of their involvement and, or, actions, within the organization. I would like them off of the team, because, like Isiah, they do not respect the team's history or our current needs. We have a coach that does not stress D, a GM that, in his own words, does not believe in "filling a need," and a prima donna player, being hyped up to a sickening degree.

    Moreover, I respect the team's history and believe that Ewing needs to be a part of our history. I also feel that, in the same vein, when guys like Landry and Roberson have been given opportunities to play on the team, Ewing, Jr., based on his play and his father's legacy, should have gotten an opportunity.

    As Jim and ABCD have already stated, the Gallo, D'Antoni connection cannot be dismissed. It is not difficult for D'Antoni to deny any involvement in Gallo's acquisition. It is gullible of you to regurgitate the organization talking points with such conviction.

    And I have stated that Gallo was a bust, even before his NBA career started, based on the fact that a great center: Brook Lopez, was passed over for him. As time has passed, other players have proven to be better draft selections. This is not my opinion, this is a fact.

    My evaluation on his future was, and is, based on his lack of speed, jumping ability, strength, post-up, foot-speed/agility and athleticism. He is deficient in too many areas: he is too weak and slow, in addition to lacking dexterity, to play well in the post, he cannot handle the ball (because of this) in a way that would allow him to take people off the dribble. He lacks the foot-speed to guard the three or two. He cannot play the four or five, because of lack of strength. He is a liability on both ends.

    These are real reasons, not merely some sort of reaction to hate for D'Antoni. I hope this answers your questions and allows you to see that those that disagree with you have genuine reasons for doing so. I'll leave you now, so that you may wallow in your blind love for a few new-jacks to the Knicks.

    Everyone else: remember, the Knicks are not Gallo, D'Antoni and Walsh. Those guys just got here. The Knicks were around, for decades prior to their arrival, and they will be around far after their departure.
    You are entitled to your opinion as well. But when unrealistic expectations (e.g he's not as good as Durant, he's not Dirk) are used to justify calling him a bust and saying we should give up on him so soon in his career, and then not apply those same expectations to other players, it makes it a little difficult to take those opinions at face value.

    And then add on the extremely hateful words used by you and many others in their characterization of Gallo, makes it even harder for me to believe calling him a bust is based solely on your observations of his skills. I mean, I haven't seen this kind vitriol since Marbury, which doesn't make any sense, to me.

    And what you call "blind love", I call patience. It's a good attribute to have. And pardon me for actually rooting for a Knick. I didn't know that was a bad thing. I have never said he is an All-Star. I have only asked to give the man a legitimate chance before you give up on him. Something that you are incapable of doing with him but are capable with other players.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Apr 05, 2010 at 10:37.

  11. #26
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Why do we have to go over the same points, over and over again? First off, JimChief compared Gallo to Durant, not me. I chimed in and said that it was a better comparison than the oft-mentioned Dirk-Gallo parallels, because both men have faced the same competition, play the same position and are the same age, at this point in NBA chronological history.

    As for my supposed hate for Gallo, it is nonexistent. I mean, do you believe people that do not like Gallo as a player actually hate him? If that is the case, you have proven yourself to be fundamentally unreasonable in your evaluation abilities, which calls your entire opinion on this team into question.

    Finally, I would have no problem with giving Gallo time to improve, if my issues with him were based merely on his skill-level. The fact is, regardless of the quality of his play, had he come here humbly, with all that true humility entails, I would have supported him. This is what I did with regard to Jordan Hill, whom I was not the most thrilled about Walsh drafting. Because of Gallo's entitled, unethical behavior, however, I cannot do that.

    If he were to average 30 ppg, I would not support him. It is a matter of principle, based on his conduct, as well as that of D'Antoni and Walsh, as it relates to his acquisition by the team.

    The fact that you, and several others, cannot understand this shows you lack an awareness of the world that is often found amongst the sheltered and inexperienced. In other words, you cannot understand corruption, because, either as a result of inexperience, insensitivity or youth, you have not encountered it.

    The fact that we missed out on a great center, Brook Lopez, who would have made us a competitive team two years ago, is just adding insult to injury.

    Walsh is no genius, contrary to the claims made by many on this site. The press called for a dismantling of the team, and a 2010 plan, and he complied, as if they were experts in the field he was supposed to know so well. Gallo demanded a New York area team, and Walsh, probably under pressure from D'Antoni, jumped through that hoop.

    Now, we wait for a basketball savior, which will likely never come. When, oh when, will the Knicks go back to building a team around people that are more talented than they are well-known? Until we move in that direction, this team will continue to stink.

  12. #27
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Why do we have to go over the same points, over and over again? First off, JimChief compared Gallo to Durant, not me. I chimed in and said that it was a better comparison than the oft-mentioned Dirk-Gallo parallels, because both men have faced the same competition, play the same position and are the same age, at this point in NBA chronological history.
    Ummm. You said this earlier in this thread:

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    I say he is a bust because he is one: he is not performing at a level (Nowitzki) that was promised by those who hyped him up. If you disagree, provide data to the contrary.
    How was I supposed to interpret that? Or are you backpedaling?

    Also if you noticed, I said "...unrealistic expectations (e.g he's not as good as Durant, he's not Dirk) are used to justify calling him a bust" - in an attempt to include both you and the others in reponse to you saying I can't take everyone's opinion at face value.


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    As for my supposed hate for Gallo, it is nonexistent. I mean, do you believe people that do not like Gallo as a player actually hate him? If that is the case, you have proven yourself to be fundamentally unreasonable in your evaluation abilities, which calls your entire opinion on this team into question.
    I don't know, when you say things like "Gallo is a little bitch" and "he disgusts me" and other vitriol, it kind of seems like hate, to me. How am I supposed to interpret that? Or are you backpedaling?


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Finally, I would have no problem with giving Gallo time to improve, if my issues with him were based merely on his skill-level. The fact is, regardless of the quality of his play, had he come here humbly, with all that true humility entails, I would have supported him. This is what I did with regard to Jordan Hill, whom I was not the most thrilled about Walsh drafting. Because of Gallo's entitled, unethical behavior, however, I cannot do that.

    If he were to average 30 ppg, I would not support him. It is a matter of principle, based on his conduct, as well as that of D'Antoni and Walsh, as it relates to his acquisition by the team.
    He also said he would play for anybody:


    And you dodged my Kobe question. So, did you hate Kobe as much and think he should not be allowed in the NBA, as you've stated about Gallo. Even though, MAYBE they used the same tactics?

    And LMAO at you supposedly not likeing Gallo for "unethical behavior". Honestly dude, who do you think you are? And a professional athlete no less! Ha!! You might as well not watch sports. Most of them cheat on their wives and act like unethical, spoiled little prima-donna brats. Give me a break. Just another excuse. Even Ewing also displayed some very unethical behavior.


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    The fact that you, and several others, cannot understand this shows you lack an awareness of the world that is often found amongst the sheltered and inexperienced. In other words, you cannot understand corruption, because, either as a result of inexperience, insensitivity or youth, you have not encountered it.
    Seriously? Really? Get over yourself. You just sound like a bitter little man.


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    The fact that we missed out on a great center, Brook Lopez, who would have made us a competitive team two years ago, is just adding insult to injury.
    I understand why you would be frustrated about missing out on Lopez. But that still does not excuse your hatred and calling him a bust. Again, the Hill and Jennings examples. Just because you falsely disapprove the way Gallo came to the Knicks, does not equate to him being a bust. And since you do not call Hill a bust, I can only attribute your opinion of Gallo's abilitites as motivated primarily by emotion.

    There have been players that I wanted that were not drafted by the Knicks. I got over it. I didn't express hatred for the other player. I don't hold grudges.


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Walsh is no genius, contrary to the claims made by many on this site. The press called for a dismantling of the team, and a 2010 plan, and he complied, as if they were experts in the field he was supposed to know so well. Gallo demanded a New York area team, and Walsh, probably under pressure from D'Antoni, jumped through that hoop.
    I've been vocal about my disagreements with some of Donnie's moves, but I give him a little more credit than that. Who is sounding like the inexperienced naive one here? Do you really think Donnie and D'Antoni would bend to the whims of some 20 year old kid from Italy?
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Apr 05, 2010 at 13:43.

  13. #28
    Enlightened OGKnickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    944
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    1. Are you seriously unable to understand what people critical of Gallo are saying? Gallo has been compared to Dirk, all over the media, using the premise that Dirk and Gallo both had tough rookie years and that Gallo is currently really a rookie. We have said that, as people feel he can be compared to Dirk, in an effort to make a case for his having a bright future, we can compare him to Durant, in an effort to show he will be mediocre.

    2. Bashing players does not mean one actually hates them and wishes them ill. I do not like Gallo, D'Antoni and Walsh's actions as professionals, not as a human beings. I do not know them in an intimate enough capacity to be able to judge them as human beings. I did not like Q and Hughes, as players, for example, and bashed them thoroughly, but that does not mean I "hate" them. Some of you hated Jamal, while I did not. Should I accuse people of "hating" Jamal?

    3.The bottom line is that you probably do not know how to define hate, in the context of its proper usage. Moreover, it is very arrogant of you to tell people, based on your feelings, what it is they feel, especially when they have explained that they feel otherwise. Instead of making claims, based on your own feelings, why don't you ask people how they actually feel? And why do you assign the same characteristics to different people? Are you some sort of omniscient being?

    4. Before I go into this, I would like to say that Kobe is not important to me: I am a Knick fan. I also never said that Gallo should be banned from the NBA, you are either lying about that or confused.

    Look, I answered your Kobe question: by saying that Kobe is a great player that should not be compared to a dime-a-dozen, Mr. Smith player like Gallo. Further, Kobe's family friend was not the Laker head coach. It would be quite different for Gallo to say he wanted New York, if D'Antoni was not a staff member.

    5. If you had watched this video in an honest manner, you would have noticed that the reporter tells him that the teams at 6 (Knicks) and 10 (Nets) are the two squads likely to select him.

    Why? Because he, his father and agent, made it clear that he wanted a New York area team. He threatened to go home, unless selected by either New York or New Jersey. At that point, he merely had to act like he no longer prefers any one team, as a way to project a good image. Teams were not going to risk losing their pick, by selecting a guy with that sort of an attitude.

    I know teams were smart enough to not choose a guy that says something like that, regardless of his supposed change of heart, a day before the draft. The reason why you aren't lies in your lack of critical thought, and blind submission, when it comes to anything that Gallo, D'Antoni and Walsh say to the press.

    6. Again, I do not care about the players' personal lives. My issue is with what they do as Knicks players and staff. I'm a Knick fan, and Ewing was a great Knick. His personal life might be interesting to me, but it is ultimately unimportant.

    7. For the thousandth time, the Hill situation is different from the Gallo situation, because Hill made no demands to come to the Knicks. Hill also had no relatives working for the Knicks. This draft was also not nearly as deep as last year's. More importantly, refer to my previous post: the bust issue is insignificant to me, in comparison to how this selection took place.

    8. Do I think Walsh and D'Antoni bend to the whims of Gallo, the press and vicious cycle of it all, as perpetuated by fans? Yes, they have proven this to mightily be the case.

    Finally, just follow your dreams and go ahead and tattoo D'Antoni, Walsh and Gallo's name on your lower back and buttocks. But, remember, just because we do not choose to do the same, it does not reflect poorly on our support for the team. In fact, it reflect well on it.

  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    If he were to average 30 ppg, I would not support him. It is a matter of principle, based on his conduct, as well as that of D'Antoni and Walsh, as it relates to his acquisition by the team.
    Dude, you are really brining the conversation level around here down about 10 notches with your insanity. Knicks fans are supposed to be among the smartest fans out there, but whoever said that has never met you.

  15. #30
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    1. Are you seriously unable to understand what people critical of Gallo are saying? Gallo has been compared to Dirk, all over the media, using the premise that Dirk and Gallo both had tough rookie years and that Gallo is currently really a rookie. We have said that, as people feel he can be compared to Dirk, in an effort to make a case for his having a bright future, we can compare him to Durant, in an effort to show he will be mediocre.
    Stop it. You keep backpedaling. You said Gallo is a bust because he's not on Dirk's level yet.

    Do you seriously not undertsand what you are saying? For God's sake man. Just admit that what you said was a mistake.


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    2. Bashing players does not mean one actually hates them and wishes them ill. I do not like Gallo, D'Antoni and Walsh's actions as professionals, not as a human beings. I do not know them in an intimate enough capacity to be able to judge them as human beings. I did not like Q and Hughes, as players, for example, and bashed them thoroughly, but that does not mean I "hate" them. Some of you hated Jamal, while I did not. Should I accuse people of "hating" Jamal?

    3.The bottom line is that you probably do not know how to define hate, in the context of its proper usage. Moreover, it is very arrogant of you to tell people, based on your feelings, what it is they feel, especially when they have explained that they feel otherwise. Instead of making claims, based on your own feelings, why don't you ask people how they actually feel? And why do you assign the same characteristics to different people? Are you some sort of omniscient being?
    Why are you even making this an issue? You know what I mean. Saying you hate, as in a "hater" doesn't mean you would hit him in the face if you saw him in the street (although, I'm not so sure with the level of angry language you have used lol). You're just being argumentative again. Ok. If you would prefer, find and replace "hate" with "dislike very much". Happy now? Geez.


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    4. Before I go into this, I would like to say that Kobe is not important to me: I am a Knick fan. I also never said that Gallo should be banned from the NBA, you are either lying about that or confused.

    Look, I answered your Kobe question: by saying that Kobe is a great player that should not be compared to a dime-a-dozen, Mr. Smith player like Gallo. Further, Kobe's family friend was not the Laker head coach. It would be quite different for Gallo to say he wanted New York, if D'Antoni was not a staff member.
    I thought you said that once in one of your extremely angry tyrades but I could be mistaken.

    So I suppose you wouldn't have wanted Kobe on the Knicks then?

    And never did I compare Kobe to Gallo in terms of talent. How can you even imply that?

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    5. If you had watched this video in an honest manner, you would have noticed that the reporter tells him that the teams at 6 (Knicks) and 10 (Nets) are the two squads likely to select him.

    Why? Because he, his father and agent, made it clear that he wanted a New York area team. He threatened to go home, unless selected by either New York or New Jersey. At that point, he merely had to act like he no longer prefers any one team, as a way to project a good image. Teams were not going to risk losing their pick, by selecting a guy with that sort of an attitude.
    The reporter asks him "how would he put at ease any teams that might be worried about drafting him because he might go back to Italy." Gallo's response was, "last week I said I would stay in the NBA for any team". So it wasn't only the night before the draft that he said he would play for any team. The rumors of him staying in Europe had more to do with the fact that, like Rubio, he was still under contract and potentially had a large buyout. And him being in the New York area, like Rubio, would make the buyout easier. Only the reporters speculated about demands because he only worked out for the Knicks and Nets.

    The facts remain, you don't have a single quote of Gallo saying he would only play for the Knicks or Nets. All you have is conjecture by some reporters, who, even in their articles, state that Gallo or his agent have never said anything of the sort.

    Where as I have actual footage of Gallo saying he would play for any team.

    And I'll ask again, you wouldn't have wanted Kobe on the Knicks?


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    6. Again, I do not care about the players' personal lives. My issue is with what they do as Knicks players and staff. I'm a Knick fan, and Ewing was a great Knick. His personal life might be interesting to me, but it is ultimately unimportant.
    Were you a Marbury supporter? I can't remember. I thought you were. Which would go against everything you have been arguing for.


    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    7. For the thousandth time, the Hill situation is different from the Gallo situation, because Hill made no demands to come to the Knicks. Hill also had no relatives working for the Knicks. This draft was also not nearly as deep as last year's. More importantly, refer to my previous post: the bust issue is insignificant to me, in comparison to how this selection took place.
    So the only thing that matters to you is how Gallo was drafted yet you don't even have adequate evidence of this? Just conjecture you would prefer to believe.

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    8. Do I think Walsh and D'Antoni bend to the whims of Gallo, the press and vicious cycle of it all, as perpetuated by fans? Yes, they have proven this to mightily be the case.

    Finally, just follow your dreams and go ahead and tattoo D'Antoni, Walsh and Gallo's name on your lower back and buttocks. But, remember, just because we do not choose to do the same, it does not reflect poorly on our support for the team. In fact, it reflect well on it..
    Your proof of this?

    And just because I am saying to have a wait and see approach and not rush to judgement, suddenly I am a lapdog for Walsh and D'Antoni? Please man.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Apr 05, 2010 at 18:40.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •