Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Lee's Triple-Double- A historical perspective

Hybrid View

Veteran

Default David Lee's Triple-Double- A historical perspective

I don't know if we already have a David Lee appreciation thread or not, but David Lee had a triple-double last night in a losing effort for our KNICKS: 35 points, 20 boards, and 10 assists.

Allow me two put this into historical perspective for you: David Lee's triple-double last night is the first by a KNICK in 7 YEARS. To put that 35-20-10 number into perspective, David Lee is the first player to put up that stat-line since ABA-NBA merger in 1976. I was six years old in 76' and most of you cats weren't even a gleam in your daddies' eye yet. The last players to accomplish such a feat were named Kareem and McGinnis. Look them up for those of you that ain't knowin because their names are on the 50 greatest list.

Metrosexual (in his one good post out of a million) once stated "performance over potential." So for all of you guys that think I'm "racist" because I hate on GALLO, it's you guys jocking the WRONG white boy. David Lee is a good ole' white boy from the SHOW-ME STATE (ST. Louis) puttin' in work in the BIG APPLE, and you guys can't wait to trade him. The last Knicks game I watched with HUBIE commentating, HUBIE gushed over David Lee's effort and performance and said: "I am so happy for this young man." David Lee built his game the right way, from the inside out. This is a RARE triple double by a CENTER who can also pass the ball. David Lee is proof positive that undersized guys can play big and you don't need to go halfway across the world to find whiteboys that can ball, there are plenty of those here in the cradle of hoops, the good ole midwest heartland of the USA.

as long as we get a bunch of big men this year...I am all for David Lee signing a 5 year 50 million dollar deal.

ONLY if we get a shotblocking center to make a Lee a permanent PF because I am sick of seeing him play out of position at the 5 spot.

You were 6 in 1976?

You're mad old.

Also, since you want to bring in Gallo in this topic. He too had a career night.

28-8-8

I think Lee's performance alongside Gallo's puts a lot of haters in their place. I would be inclined to say it was just one game but it wasn't. Lee has been getting better and better and is one of the most consistent players in the league.

Gallo also showed what many of us have been saying he is capable of. While he has a way to go still he put up major numbers while shooting 50%. He did everything, rebounds, assists and D.

I hop some of the vocal haters are a bit humbled by two homegrown Knicks showing their worth. Next year alongside a max, these guys could be serious.

Veteran

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I think Lee's performance alongside Gallo's puts a lot of haters in their place. I would be inclined to say it was just one game but it wasn't. Lee has been getting better and better and is one of the most consistent players in the league.

Gallo also showed what many of us have been saying he is capable of. While he has a way to go still he put up major numbers while shooting 50%. He did everything, rebounds, assists and D.

I hop some of the vocal haters are a bit humbled by two homegrown Knicks showing their worth. Next year alongside a max, these guys could be serious.
    Why would we be humbled by the LOTTERY PICK DOING WHAT HE SUPPOSED TO DO EVERY NIGHT ON ONE OCCASION????? David Lee was the 30th pick overall, not 6th.... Do you get it yet?????

Veteran

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N

David Lee's statline hasn't been accomplished in 30 years, Durant AVERAGES what Gallo did last night(29/7/3). I know reading comprehension is not your strongsuit TRILL, but do you get it yet???? RIF(reading is fundamental).

Veteran

Originally Posted by Scribbles
    Also, since you want to bring in Gallo in this topic. He too had a career night.

28-8-8
    See Scribbles used MY post to bring Gallo into it. Let me slow this down. I only mentioned Gallo because I have been accused of hating on "European"(white) players. I started the thread to show that I don't hate on all "European"(white) players, just Gallo. I don't care what color you are, If you are over 6'5" and cannot play close to the goal, you are a bum in my book. That's just me. That was Scibb that says:"well since you mentioned Gallo....yada...yada.... Totally missing the point. RIF(Reading is Fundamental)

Veteran

Originally Posted by Scribbles
    You were 6 in 1976?

You're mad old.
    Which means I have had time to have watched ALOT OF BASKETBALL.

Listen, as much of a Gallinari supporter as I have been, it's one game. One game does not a season make...so let's wait until he does damage on a consistent basis before we lose our **** over what was certainly a good game for Gallo last night.

And we already knew Lee was good, but Hill at center? Hill is a PF, he will never be a center, in my opinion.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Listen, as much of a Gallinari supporter as I have been, it's one game. One game does not a season make...so let's wait until he does damage on a consistent basis before we lose our **** over what was certainly a good game for Gallo last night.

And we already knew Lee was good, but Hill at center? Hill is a PF, he will never be a center, in my opinion.
    +1 KB agreed!!!

Superstar

Even tho the knicks lost....David F'd around a got a triple double. Lee has grown on me, i want him back.......His offensive game is pretty good...he has tons of moves range and is ambidextrious. Get him and a shot blocking center.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Just a re-post for Paris

Veteran

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Just a re-post for Paris
    thanks for the re-post... never said I didn't like lee... 'if' we had a center for him to play off, he is a piece u don't trade.. BUT.. if u put $$$ to the side, and we go back 4yrs and u have a pick of lee or stat for your team.. who do u take??

I take stat... u and others mite take lee..

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    thanks for the re-post... never said I didn't like lee... 'if' we had a center for him to play off, he is a piece u don't trade.. BUT.. if u put $$$ to the side, and we go back 4yrs and u have a pick of lee or stat for your team.. who do u take??

I take stat... u and others mite take lee..
    Problem is you can't put $$$$$ to the side because of the salary cap. David Lee this year: 35 minutes per game 19 points, 9.9 boards . STAT: 19 minutes a game, 10 points, 4 boards. That's HALF of the production for twice the $$$$ as STAT 21.6 million this year and David Lee is making 13.8 million. Um um um and wonder why this team is soooooo bad. I am gonna change STAT's nickname from standing tall and talented to standing tall and Turrible( insert Charles Barkley) because that what he had been for the Knicks lol