David Lee's Triple-Double- A historical perspective

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don't know if we already have a David Lee appreciation thread or not, but David Lee had a triple-double last night in a losing effort for our KNICKS: 35 points, 20 boards, and 10 assists.

Allow me two put this into historical perspective for you: David Lee's triple-double last night is the first by a KNICK in 7 YEARS. To put that 35-20-10 number into perspective, David Lee is the first player to put up that stat-line since ABA-NBA merger in 1976. I was six years old in 76' and most of you cats weren't even a gleam in your daddies' eye yet. The last players to accomplish such a feat were named Kareem and McGinnis. Look them up for those of you that ain't knowin because their names are on the 50 greatest list.

Metrosexual (in his one good post out of a million) once stated "performance over potential." So for all of you guys that think I'm "racist" because I hate on GALLO, it's you guys jocking the WRONG white boy. David Lee is a good ole' white boy from the SHOW-ME STATE (ST. Louis) puttin' in work in the BIG APPLE, and you guys can't wait to trade him. The last Knicks game I watched with HUBIE commentating, HUBIE gushed over David Lee's effort and performance and said: "I am so happy for this young man." David Lee built his game the right way, from the inside out. This is a RARE triple double by a CENTER who can also pass the ball. David Lee is proof positive that undersized guys can play big and you don't need to go halfway across the world to find whiteboys that can ball, there are plenty of those here in the cradle of hoops, the good ole midwest heartland of the USA.

Paul1355

All Star
as long as we get a bunch of big men this year...I am all for David Lee signing a 5 year 50 million dollar deal.

ONLY if we get a shotblocking center to make a Lee a permanent PF because I am sick of seeing him play out of position at the 5 spot.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think Lee's performance alongside Gallo's puts a lot of haters in their place. I would be inclined to say it was just one game but it wasn't. Lee has been getting better and better and is one of the most consistent players in the league.

Gallo also showed what many of us have been saying he is capable of. While he has a way to go still he put up major numbers while shooting 50%. He did everything, rebounds, assists and D.

I hop some of the vocal haters are a bit humbled by two homegrown Knicks showing their worth. Next year alongside a max, these guys could be serious.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I think Lee's performance alongside Gallo's puts a lot of haters in their place. I would be inclined to say it was just one game but it wasn't. Lee has been getting better and better and is one of the most consistent players in the league.

Gallo also showed what many of us have been saying he is capable of. While he has a way to go still he put up major numbers while shooting 50%. He did everything, rebounds, assists and D.

I hop some of the vocal haters are a bit humbled by two homegrown Knicks showing their worth. Next year alongside a max, these guys could be serious.

Why would we be humbled by the LOTTERY PICK DOING WHAT HE SUPPOSED TO DO EVERY NIGHT ON ONE OCCASION????? David Lee was the 30th pick overall, not 6th.... Do you get it yet?????

KBlack25

Starter
Listen, as much of a Gallinari supporter as I have been, it's one game. One game does not a season make...so let's wait until he does damage on a consistent basis before we lose our shit over what was certainly a good game for Gallo last night.

And we already knew Lee was good, but Hill at center? Hill is a PF, he will never be a center, in my opinion.

jimkcchief88

All Star

David Lee's statline hasn't been accomplished in 30 years, Durant AVERAGES what Gallo did last night(29/7/3). I know reading comprehension is not your strongsuit TRILL, but do you get it yet???? RIF(reading is fundamental).

jimkcchief88

All Star
Listen, as much of a Gallinari supporter as I have been, it's one game. One game does not a season make...so let's wait until he does damage on a consistent basis before we lose our shit over what was certainly a good game for Gallo last night.

And we already knew Lee was good, but Hill at center? Hill is a PF, he will never be a center, in my opinion.

+1 KB agreed!!!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why would we be humbled by the LOTTERY PICK DOING WHAT HE SUPPOSED TO DO EVERY NIGHT ON ONE OCCASION????? David Lee was the 30th pick overall, not 6th.... Do you get it yet?????

21 year old 6th picks are not EXPECTED to play like that. Only special players put those type of numbers up consistently. Gallo has yet to reach and may never reach the "special" category but he certainly shows that he has potential. Relax your hatred and maybe the guy will surprise even the most critical of the pessimists given the proper time and environment to develop.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
David Lee's statline hasn't been accomplished in 30 years, Durant AVERAGES what Gallo did last night(29/7/3). I know reading comprehension is not your strongsuit TRILL, but do you get it yet???? RIF(reading is fundamental).

LOL...Again with the Durant comparison even after I shredded the comparison multiple times in the other thread. Durant is a completly differnt type of player and caliber and is the exception not the rule. Durant will be a top 5 player for years...top 5 as in the top 1% of ALL players. Further, Durant has played way more, takes twice as many shots and is the #1 option on his team. Comparing a special talen t like Durant to Gallo highlights your weak grasp on the game of basketball. Didn't you think Curry was the next coming of Kareem?

RIF...Please enlighten us on what I miscomprehended...smart guy. Using terms out of context because you think they sound witty is so lame. In addition, I did not even address you specifically but your emotional outburst and rush to hatred reveals your own insecurities. You must be from Chicago with the amount of wind you blow...

jimkcchief88

All Star
LOL...Again with the Durant comparison even after I shredded the comparison multiple times in the other thread. Durant is a completly differnt type of player and caliber and is the exception not the rule. Durant will be a top 5 player for years...top 5 as in the top 1% of ALL players. Further, Durant has played way more, takes twice as many shots and is the #1 option on his team. Comparing a special talen t like Durant to Gallo highlights your weak grasp on the game of basketball. Didn't you think Curry was the next coming of Kareem?

RIF...Please enlighten us on what I miscomprehended...smart guy. Using terms out of context because you think they sound witty is so lame. In addition, I did not even address you specifically but your emotional outburst and rush to hatred reveals your own insecurities. You must be from Chicago with the amount of wind you blow...

You didn't comprehend that Durant AVERAGES what Gallo did last night. That is what lottery picks are SUPPOSED to do. David Lee's triple-double hasn't been done for 34 years and the last two do the same are named KAREEM and MCGINNIS. Is English your SECOND language????

jimkcchief88

All Star
21 year old 6th picks are not EXPECTED to play like that. Only special players put those type of numbers up consistently. Gallo has yet to reach and may never reach the "special" category but he certainly shows that he has potential. Relax your hatred and maybe the guy will surprise even the most critical of the pessimists given the proper time and environment to develop.

Kevin Durant is 21 also. You are making this way too EASY!!!!!

KBlack25

Starter
You didn't comprehend that Durant AVERAGES what Gallo did last night. That is what lottery picks are SUPPOSED to do. David Lee's triple-double hasn't been done for 34 years and the last two do the same are named KAREEM and MCGINNIS. Is English your SECOND language????

I completely disagree with the premise that what Gallo did last night are what Lottery Picks are supposed to average what Durant averages...

Durant is getting MVP buzz and is one of the best scorers in the league, he can score from anywhere on the floor. Durant is a special breed...there are 13 lottery picks every year, and usually 10+ do not come close to Durant-like numbers.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
That's not what lottery picks are supposed to do...that's what future league MVPs are supposed to do...how many lottery picks end up as future MVPs? Oh right NOT A LOT OF THEM

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Plus that's like me being mad cause Gallo's not sitting on the bench injured like Oden because THAT'S WHAT LOTTERY PICKS ARE SUPPOSED TO DO

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

No actually lottery picks are drafted in the HOPES that they become 3/4's of the player Durant is. MOST lotto picks historically have not approached the level of Durant. That said, just because they are both lotto picks does not mean they are the same caliber player. You are arguing that Durant is better as if that's up for debate...of course he is better, he is better than most players. He is in another class of player and that is not a dig against Gallo. Again....STOP IGNORING THAT DURANT HAS PLAYED NEARLY TRIPLE THE GAMES, AVERAGES DOUBLE THE SHOTS AND IS A NUMBER ONE OPTION ON A STRONG TEAM. LOL at me being the one not able to comprehend...I mentioned Kareem because you used to claim Eddy Curry was a beast and one of your favorite players so I used some hyperbole about you comparing him to Kareem since you compare Gallo to Durant. Get it? Probably not...:cool:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I completely disagree with the premise that what Gallo did last night are what Lottery Picks are supposed to average what Durant averages...

Durant is getting MVP buzz and is one of the best scorers in the league, he can score from anywhere on the floor. Durant is a special breed...there are 13 lottery picks every year, and usually 10+ do not come close to Durant-like numbers.

This is what we call a rational cogent point...Jim, take notes.