Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78

Thread: David Lee's Triple-Double- A historical perspective

  1. #61
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I thought we had 31 million to burn during the off-season.... We spend 10 off that on David Lee(hopefully he would give us the hometown NY discount), acquire a real-knockdown shooter(instead of the fake one we have now) that handle the ball a bit, mix-in center that can board and play defense to help out D. Lee and we still have money to bring Melo home in 2011 since E-City will be off the books by then. As you said, Gallo comes cheap, so I'll take him as a 5th option or first off the bench as a super-sub. Make him EARN his pt instead of playing favorites. Be ready for something like this because Walsh already stated he would rather pay D. Lee instead of overpay Bosh and Melo wants out of Denver for his big payday because Denver is a cowtown and NY is his home. I am not the resident cap guy or fantasy trade man, but I do know double-double guys don't grow on trees in the NBA, are hard to replace, and are usually the cornerstones of successful teams.
    Since when did Melo say he was unhappy in Denver? Last I checked he just said anyone would love to play in NYC....That doesn't necessarily mean he is unhappy in Denver..How could anyone be unhappy sitting atop the Western Conference on a deep team with elite talent. Walsh took us out of the 2011 max contract mix when he gave up Jeffries' expiring contract at the deadline. Walsh is ALL IN FOR 2010. That has been established, and backed up by his front office moves this season and the last. Although you make a good case for a solid playoff team, all indications point toward Walsh going a different direction. We're going after 2 max contracts, and sadly David Lee will likely be the odd man out. We will most likely renounce his bird rights, seeing as Walsh hasn't been afraid to take risks for cap space (shown with his willingness to give up draft picks for T-Mac's expiring money).This team has been sculptured now to bring in 2 max players with the young pieces of Douglas, Chandler and Gallo. Lee just happens to be in a difficult position where our front office will probably look the other way.

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Since when did Melo say he was unhappy in Denver? Last I checked he just said anyone would love to play in NYC....That doesn't necessarily mean he is unhappy in Denver..How could anyone be unhappy sitting atop the Western Conference on a deep team with elite talent. Walsh took us out of the 2011 max contract mix when he gave up Jeffries' expiring contract at the deadline. Walsh is ALL IN FOR 2010. That has been established, and backed up by his front office moves this season and the last. Although you make a good case for a solid playoff team, all indications point toward Walsh going a different direction. We're going after 2 max contracts, and sadly David Lee will likely be the odd man out. We will most likely renounce his bird rights, seeing as Walsh hasn't been afraid to take risks for cap space (shown with his willingness to give up draft picks for T-Mac's expiring money).This team has been sculptured now to bring in 2 max players with the young pieces of Douglas, Chandler and Gallo. Lee just happens to be in a difficult position where our front office will probably look the other way.
    But what happens if we don't get the 2 max free-agents that every other team in the NBA with cap space is also planning on as well??? I hope Walsh has a better back-up than he had in this years draft after Curry was off the board. The Knicks have been bad for a decade and outside of David Lee, our talent is suspect so that "the just to be in NY" factor is being over-estimated.

  3. #63
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    But what happens if we don't get the 2 max free-agents that every other team in the NBA with cap space is also planning on as well??? I hope Walsh has a better back-up than he had in this years draft after Curry was off the board. The Knicks have been bad for a decade and outside of David Lee, our talent is suspect so that "the just to be in NY" factor is being over-estimated.
    No I totally see where you're coming from with that, and I hope to God that Walsh has backup plan as well. However, I think all indications are "all in for for 2010" with what we're seeing now. If we don't get the 2 max contract players that we covet, then I hope to God David Lee gives us a hometown discount and resigns. He is an excellent player. My ideal scenario would include Chris Bosh and LeBron James signing with the Knicks, but I would definitely settle for Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay and David Lee. We'd have some further building to do, but Walsh would look damn smart if he pulled either of those scenarios off. I totally see what you're saying with D. Lee. I just don't see eye to eye with the Gallo-Durant comparison. That's my only question in your posting on this thread.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    No I totally see where you're coming from with that, and I hope to God that Walsh has backup plan as well. However, I think all indications are "all in for for 2010" with what we're seeing now. If we don't get the 2 max contract players that we covet, then I hope to God David Lee gives us a hometown discount and resigns. He is an excellent player. My ideal scenario would include Chris Bosh and LeBron James signing with the Knicks, but I would definitely settle for Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay and David Lee. We'd have some further building to do, but Walsh would look damn smart if he pulled either of those scenarios off. I totally see what you're saying with D. Lee. I just don't see eye to eye with the Gallo-Durant comparison. That's my only question in your posting on this thread.
    I posted this thread just to give David Lee props on a historic night, that's it. He may not be with the team much longer. A couple of others dovetailed Gallo into it because he was also within shouting distance of a triple-double the same night. I get that. I just think it makes more sense to compare Gallo to one of his peers who plays the same position that has been able to carry basically an expansion team into the playoffs vs a 9 time All-Star that is 10 years his senior, but to each his own.

  5. #65
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    I posted this thread just to give David Lee props on a historic night, that's it. He may not be with the team much longer. A couple of others dovetailed Gallo into it because he was also within shouting distance of a triple-double the same night. I get that. I just think it makes more sense to compare Gallo to one of his peers who plays the same position that has been able to carry basically an expansion team into the playoffs vs a 9 time All-Star that is 10 years his senior, but to each his own.
    From the original post...

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Metrosexual (in his one good post out of a million) once stated "performance over potential." So for all of you guys that think I'm "racist" because I hate on GALLO, it's you guys jocking the WRONG white boy.
    You brought Gallo into this, you only have yourself to blame...

  6. #66
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    From the original post...



    You brought Gallo into this, you only have yourself to blame...
    Nooooooooo, my point was exactly as stated, don't turn it into anything else.

  7. #67
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Nooooooooo, my point was exactly as stated, don't turn it into anything else.
    Still brought Gallo into the discussion. Look at a mirror and you will see the first person to mention Gallo in this thread.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Still brought Gallo into the discussion. Look at a mirror and you will see the first person to mention Gallo in this thread.
    Instead of calling you LJ, I'm gonna start calling you WRONG WAY because:

    If I gave you turn-by-turn instructions from Ft. Collins to Gunnison, you would end up in Pueblo because you would only hear "the right turn" in the middle and miss the REST of the instructions.

    You love to take one sentence out of a paragraph out of context, draw your own conclusion and run with it, while missing the author's original point. So why read a whole a paragraph???? Next time just pick one sentence in the middle, draw your own conclusion in a vacuum that suits your point, and be done with it.

    Just don't go walking through a FOREST, because you might run smack-dab into a TREE.

  9. #69
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Instead of calling you LJ, I'm gonna start calling you WRONG WAY because:

    If I gave you turn-by-turn instructions from Ft. Collins to Gunnison, you would end up in Pueblo because you would only hear "the right turn" in the middle and miss the REST of the instructions.

    You love to take one sentence out of a paragraph out of context, draw your own conclusion and run with it, while missing the author's original point. So why read a whole a paragraph???? Next time just pick one sentence in the middle, draw your own conclusion in a vacuum that suits your point, and be done with it.

    Just don't go walking through a FOREST, because you might run smack-dab into a TREE.
    re-post mark of the beast

  10. #70
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    You said everyone else brought Gallo's name to the discussion...I showed that you were the first to mention Gallo. You brought him into this discussion, you opened the door. Had you not mentioned him, he perhaps would not have been mentioned at all.

  11. #71
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    You said everyone else brought Gallo's name to the discussion...I showed that you were the first to mention Gallo. You brought him into this discussion, you opened the door. Had you not mentioned him, he perhaps would not have been mentioned at all.
    You totally missed my point so whatever. I got you confused with LJ so I apologize. But you still missed the point....(the key word in your post is PERHAPS)

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Scribbles
    Also, since you want to bring in Gallo in this topic. He too had a career night.

    28-8-8
    See Scribbles used MY post to bring Gallo into it. Let me slow this down. I only mentioned Gallo because I have been accused of hating on "European"(white) players. I started the thread to show that I don't hate on all "European"(white) players, just Gallo. I don't care what color you are, If you are over 6'5" and cannot play close to the goal, you are a bum in my book. That's just me. That was Scibb that says:"well since you mentioned Gallo....yada...yada.... Totally missing the point. RIF(Reading is Fundamental)

  13. #73
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Instead of calling you LJ, I'm gonna start calling you WRONG WAY because:

    If I gave you turn-by-turn instructions from Ft. Collins to Gunnison, you would end up in Pueblo because you would only hear "the right turn" in the middle and miss the REST of the instructions.

    You love to take one sentence out of a paragraph out of context, draw your own conclusion and run with it, while missing the author's original point. So why read a whole a paragraph???? Next time just pick one sentence in the middle, draw your own conclusion in a vacuum that suits your point, and be done with it.

    Just don't go walking through a FOREST, because you might run smack-dab into a TREE.
    Obsess about me much? Try keeping my name out of your mouth unless spoken too. Got it?

    And at least I am not creating random posts containing lies about someone, which is what you are doing here.

  14. #74
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Just a re-post for Paris

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Just a re-post for Paris
    thanks for the re-post... never said I didn't like lee... 'if' we had a center for him to play off, he is a piece u don't trade.. BUT.. if u put $$$ to the side, and we go back 4yrs and u have a pick of lee or stat for your team.. who do u take??

    I take stat... u and others mite take lee..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    Last Post: Jan 07, 2010, 20:34
  2. 21 Reasons Not to Overpay David Lee
    By JayJ44 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 14, 2009, 16:45
  3. Analysis on David Lee
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2009, 11:05
  4. David Lee's new look
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 10, 2008, 17:13
  5. David Lee's Amazing Journey
    By nyKnicks126 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2007, 16:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •