Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: David Lee's Triple-Double- A historical perspective

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401
    thanks for the re-post... never said I didn't like lee... 'if' we had a center for him to play off, he is a piece u don't trade.. BUT.. if u put $$$ to the side, and we go back 4yrs and u have a pick of lee or stat for your team.. who do u take??

I take stat... u and others mite take lee..
    Problem is you can't put $$$$$ to the side because of the salary cap. David Lee this year: 35 minutes per game 19 points, 9.9 boards . STAT: 19 minutes a game, 10 points, 4 boards. That's HALF of the production for twice the $$$$ as STAT 21.6 million this year and David Lee is making 13.8 million. Um um um and wonder why this team is soooooo bad. I am gonna change STAT's nickname from standing tall and talented to standing tall and Turrible( insert Charles Barkley) because that what he had been for the Knicks lol

Veteran

Stat was probably the better player back when they (Lee) were FAs but the Knicks were still dumbasses signing him to that kind of contract, Phoenix who could pay him more decided he wasn't worth it so who were we bidding against?

One of the reasons Grunny got canned by Dolan was he supposedly was an old school GM and not a user of advanced analytics in his player analysis. Well I'll tell you what if you ran Stat through a statistical model back then I bet it would have said he had a 50% chance of another knee injury and he wasn't worth the dough the Knicks paid for him.

Veteran

4 n
    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Problem is you can't put $$$$$ to the side because of the salary cap. David Lee this year: 35 minutes per game 19 points, 9.9 boards . STAT: 19 minutes a game, 10 points, 4 boards. That's HALF of the production for twice the $$$$ as STAT 21.6 million this year and David Lee is making 13.8 million. Um um um and wonder why this team is soooooo bad. I am gonna change STAT's nickname from standing tall and talented to standing tall and Turrible( insert Charles Barkley) because that what he had been for the Knicks lol
    agree..agree..agree...BUT... back 4yrs, stat was the better player... was he double the player in performance and $$$... that's a def 'no'... but the $$$$ everyone gets is out of line...