Toney Douglas Analysis breakdown

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
http://fromthebaseline.com/blogs/1650-toney-douglas-anaylsis-baseline-breakdown#JOSC_TOP

Breakdown of Toney Douglas offensive game what he needs to improve on.

1. Shooting the from beyond the arc
2. His ability to take his man off the dribble driving to the left and right side of the court.
3. His midrange shot.
4. Playing good man-to-man defense and getting steals in the passing lane.
5. Passing and playing the pick and roll
6. Hitting shots in the clutch

Whether or not I agree with you is not the point. The point is in order to improve you need to work on things in practice and in game situations.

so why the hell is Duhon starting again

Big C

Benchwarmer
Whether or not I agree with you is not the point. The point is in order to improve you need to work on things in practice and in game situations.

so why the hell is Duhon starting again
Knicks were losing when Duhon was in the game. Douglas comes in the Knicks are winning and playing defense.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Toney Douglas is NOT a pg and will not be one at the beginning of next season either. Right now, Rodriguez is the best pg we have.

As much as people want TD to be the starting pg, he just doesn't fit the position and scoring will always be his first true instinct. He's a horrible passer and with any practice he will only be a mediocre type passer. Not being 3-4 inches taller will hurt his career.

I've said this before but with a lot of practice he can ba a Mo Williams type player and thrive in a system that doesn't require a true pg.

Big C

Benchwarmer
Toney Douglas is NOT a pg and will not be one at the beginning of next season either. Right now, Rodriguez is the best pg we have.

As much as people want TD to be the starting pg, he just doesn't fit the position and scoring will always be his first true instinct. He's a horrible passer and with any practice he will only be a mediocre type passer. Not being 3-4 inches taller will hurt his career.

I've said this before but with a lot of practice he can ba a Mo Williams type player and thrive in a system that doesn't require a true pg.
He does not have to have 8 assists to play that position. Billups has been playing point for years.

As far as Toney's playing the point, it all depends on who we have around him. If the Knicks get Joe Johnson, it really will not matter. Douglas can average about 5 assists and still be successful.

nyk_nyk

All Star
He does not have to have 8 assists to play that position. Billups has been playing point for years.

As far as Toney's playing the point, it all depends on who we have around him. If the Knicks get Joe Johnson, it really will not matter. Douglas can average about 5 assists and still be successful.

Billups is a true pg. See the success Denver and Detroit has had with his presence. Of course this is following great coaching and teaching by Larry Brown.

Yes that was a Dantoni poke.

Big C

Benchwarmer
Billups is a true pg. See the success Denver and Detroit has had with his presence. Of course this is following great coaching and teaching by Larry Brown.

I thought Billups played good before Larry Brown. Remember the Pistons could have beaten the Nets and gone to the finals the year before. Billups was playing hurt. Plus Larry Brown had Rasheed. Billups was also great in the playoffs when he was on the Wolves with KG. All those events were before Larry Brown.

As far as D'Antoni, I do not see him doing anything this year or last year that Herb Williams couldn't do.

CoolClyde

TD >>> Duhound or what? Mr. Pringle sucks!

why the f*ck was Duhound starting, good question! supposedly because TD was too small to handle the Red Baron's post-up ability. Duhound sucks, he doesn't belong in ANY starting lineup, WHY oh WHY is this sh*t coach starting this f*cking hound?!?! How is TD supposed to grow when the coach STILL doesn't trust him to play at end of lost season? WTF is going on?!?!?

Let's look at the +/- of this fantastic Knick win (sh*t team vs sh*t team, both on verge of 50 losses)

Duhound +/- = -9; 23 minutes, 4 points, 3 assists (typical!)
TD +/- = +13; 30 minutes, 13 points, 4 assists
Power Serge +/- = +9; 22 minutes, 4 points, 10 assists

SO WHY IS DUHOUND STARTING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Another sh*t game for Gallo (+/- = -6), save for a clutch hoop. One of the most inconsistent starters in the league, this godson sh*t is lame, why is HE GETTING SO MUCH RUN?!

The only consistent player on this squad is the beast DLEE, and we don't even know if he's going to be with team next year!! Lame o lame o lame!

Another game with 8-man short rotation. Stupid!

Another game where a new player comes in and get major minutes. actually, I enjoyed seeing Barron be the first real center we've had in years, but PLEASE, everyone plays well in their first game (Bender, SRod, T-Muck)..

There is NO GAMEPLAN, NO DEFENSE in No-D'Antoni World! I hate this coach! I can't believe the Knicks won, and I still hate him more than ever!! I hate Duhound!! I have this fear he will be resigned because he is showing a sliver of confidence with the season gone. Gahhhhhhhhhh!!
pringle_hound.gif

START TONEY DOUGLAS, YOU MUSTACHED MORON!
BENCH DUHOUND!
PLAY POWER SERGE!
:barf::gony:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Billups is a true point guard, but his success isn't so much because of his excellent passing ability (he's certainly a decent passer, but he's not Steve Nash) but rather his excellent shooting (from the field and from the free throw line), his good leadership (he's not the greatest passer but the man's a great leader), his strength, and his excellent defense.

The difference is Billups was never in a system where his role was almost solely that of a distributor. D'Antoni's ideal system, on the other hand...