Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I Really Don't See Lebron Coming To NY

  1. #1
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Question Mark I Really Don't See Lebron Coming To NY

    LOS ANGELES - If LeBron James and Tracy McGrady end up as teammates, that union of All-Star swingmen might have to take place in Cleveland.

    While discussing his own future with the Knicks, McGrady revealed Sunday that he believes James, expected to be the top free agent of the 2010 class, isn't coming to New York.


    "To me, in my honest opinion, I don't see it happening," said McGrady, who missed Sunday night's 113-107 win over the Clippers with a sore knee. "I really don't. It's set for him right now."


    That's a dramatic change in thinking from when McGrady joined the Knicks in February and was optimistic about the possibility of playing with James in New York. Although McGrady told reporters that he "would love" to play for the Knicks next season, there is a sense that he has soured on the club.

    Mike D'Antoni has reportedly let it be known that he doesn't want McGrady back. D'Antoni has denied making up his mind on McGrady, and there is also the issue that the final call on whether to re-sign McGrady will be made by team president Donnie Walsh.

    The fact that an unfavorable story about McGrady's future surfaced and quoted unnamed sources close to D'Antoni could be potentially damaging to the Knicks' free-agent plans. Walsh believes that D'Antoni's strength this summer will be to recruit free agents to New York. However, he has had a falling-out with several former and current Knicks, including Larry Hughes, Nate Robinson and Eddy Curry.

    All three have strong connections with James
    , and players do tend to talk. McGrady is respected around the league and anything he says about the Knicks - either positive or negative - could resonate with his NBA brethren.

    And his experience with the Knicks hasn't been good. The team continues to fall in the standings and reports that D'Antoni doesn't want McGrady back don't help matters. In fact, McGrady joked that top free agents don't want to come to New York "because of you guys" - a reference to the three New York newspaper reporters traveling with the team. Coincidentally, the Lakers' Ron Artest said in November that players are afraid of the New York media.

    Of course, McGrady has a say in his future and there is no guarantee that he wants to return. McGrady said last night that he wouldn't consider the Knicks unless they sign two elite free agents and he feels that James and Dwyane Wade will re-sign with their respective clubs.

    "This is definitely my final run and I want to make sure this is the right decision," said the 30-year-old McGrady. "I know I'm not in a position to make a lot of money, I've been hurt.

    "I'm not looking to go in anywhere and be the man again. My time on that is past. But I still can be an effective ballplayer. ... I don't care about being the man."



    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Is McGrady's reputed "boo-hooing" already coming out in the form of media revenge after it became public that Mike D didn't want him back?

    I never honestly thought James would sign here. He won't back out on his home team and fans for what would probably be a step back in the wins column, even if it does bring him more fame than he already has.

    Even without James, we'll be a better team all round than the Cavs.

    I don't understand anyone that says not signing James will be a failed attempt at a flawed plan.

    Isiah Thomas was the failure, and Crawford and Randolph would never have done a thing to make this team any better, especially before 2010-2011.

    **** James and **** McGrady. The Knicks WILL be back.

  3. #3
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Is McGrady's reputed "boo-hooing" already coming out in the form of media revenge after it became public that Mike D didn't want him back?

    I never honestly thought James would sign here. He won't back out on his home team and fans for what would probably be a step back in the wins column, even if it does bring him more fame than he already has.

    Even without James, we'll be a better team all round than the Cavs.

    I don't understand anyone that says not signing James will be a failed attempt at a flawed plan.

    Isiah Thomas was the failure, and Crawford and Randolph would never have done a thing to make this team any better, especially before 2010-2011.

    **** James and **** McGrady. The Knicks WILL be back.
    It's never a failure to work towards cap flexibility. That said, if you are not going to get a Lebron caliber player than it could have been done in a much more measured pace and certainly without trading our draft picks. If Walsh fails to secure a championship contender by the end of 2011 then he is indeed a failure. (not win a title but at least be competing for one)

  4. #4
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Is McGrady's reputed "boo-hooing" already coming out in the form of media revenge after it became public that Mike D didn't want him back?

    I never honestly thought James would sign here. He won't back out on his home team and fans for what would probably be a step back in the wins column, even if it does bring him more fame than he already has.

    Even without James, we'll be a better team all round than the Cavs.

    I don't understand anyone that says not signing James will be a failed attempt at a flawed plan.

    Isiah Thomas was the failure, and Crawford and Randolph would never have done a thing to make this team any better, especially before 2010-2011.

    **** James and **** McGrady. The Knicks WILL be back.
    Wow your really reaching with that one. Do you know something the rest of us don't know?

  5. #5
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I don't think McGrady knows anymore about what James is going to do than the next guy.. interesting how when word comes out that the Knicks don't care for McGrady anymore he comes out with this info huh... sounds like a : 'you don't want me? well i don't think you're going to be good anyway!' type of deal..

    that being said, is likely James won't come to NY... but what the hell does 'he has it set right now' mean... he clearly does not have it 'set'... James is the best all around player in the league by far, yet his team is yet to win a championship in 7 seasons...they're no closer now than they were the first yr - how is he 'set?' ... and how would it be any different than it is now if he were on the Knicks team... I'd say the Knicks would be around the same record [as the cavs] were he to have played w us this season... but thats all moot, because our team is going to be totally different roster wise come this off season...

    I don't understand why people say 'he's on the best team in the league!' 'they have the best record - why would he switch!?' as if it's for reasons other than James being on the team... as if he couldn't do that with just about any team...and finally, as if he couldn't do that w another max contract / high talented player w the Knicks...

    James would have it 'set' in my book only if he had won multiple championship and was the obvious champion contending team to win it this year... but neither can be said at this point... yea the cavs have the best record, but that's proven to mean little the last few years.. no dynasty is coming to the cavs w the roster they have now...anymore than James is a dynasty in himself, which being true means he could be a dynasty anywhere...

    coming from McGrady who's never been far in the playoffs his entire career, it makes sense that he'd see James being 'set' with the way his team is now... but i don't think he's looking at it from the perspective of 'James can do that anywhere...' and that the 'knicks will be a different team come this off season when my crippled ass is long gone'
    Last edited by Knicker23; Apr 05, 2010 at 20:21.

  6. #6
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Wow your really reaching with that one. Do you know something the rest of us don't know?
    God seriously... People on here get so emo if you say one thing they don't like.

    Did I say they'd be a worse team than us? No I didn't. They will be better. Because of one player. We will be better through each position bar SF and maybe PG than Cleveland and not have the coach, the bench, the remainder of the starting 5 rely on a sole player. They are way over the cap with no center next year.

    Don't know precisely who the Knicks players will be next year, but I believe what Chris Sheridan of ESPN and a lot of other posters on here believe; Donnie Walsh only ever made the McGrady trade such a sacrificial one because he has some form of inside info on a particular stars willingness to come to NY.

  7. #7
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    It's never a failure to work towards cap flexibility. That said, if you are not going to get a Lebron caliber player than it could have been done in a much more measured pace and certainly without trading our draft picks. If Walsh fails to secure a championship contender by the end of 2011 then he is indeed a failure. (not win a title but at least be competing for one)
    I dunno dude. He was handed a bucket of **** by Isiah. There's the hindsight of the Jordan Hill pick as well. Otherwise, I don't know about him being a failure without having built a legit contender by 2011 post season. A playoff team sure. i've no doubt we'll be a playoff team at all.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    it's tmac's opinion that lebron wont go to ny. he said it's his opinion. i dont see anythign wrong there. it's my opinion too.

    i mean, lebron can earn as much as 30M/yr staying with CLE whereas he can only get 16M with NY. he has a nice cast around him that he's been playing with for years. the chemistry is there.

    you have good centers (shaq, Z). and you know shaq is just waiting for the playoffs to step up his game. a nice stretch PF (jamison), athletic high energy pF (varejao, hickson), good scoring PGs (mo williams, west and doobie gibson), athletic defensive wings (parker, moon).

    and they all play within a system. there's no selfish one on one players. they play like a team. which is a whole lot better than what ny has now.

    im not sure why lbj would want to give that up. like tmac said. lbj's pretty set in cleveland right now.

    i think ny's best option is to get amare and a PG that pushes the ball very well this year. trade for chris paul, they still have collison. and then try to get their hands on carmelo next year. im sure he'd want to play in MSG.

  9. #9
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by engr_alex
    it's tmac's opinion that lebron wont go to ny. he said it's his opinion. i dont see anythign wrong there. it's my opinion too.

    i mean, lebron can earn as much as 30M/yr staying with CLE whereas he can only get 16M with NY. he has a nice cast around him that he's been playing with for years. the chemistry is there.

    you have good centers (shaq, Z). and you know shaq is just waiting for the playoffs to step up his game. a nice stretch PF (jamison), athletic high energy pF (varejao, hickson), good scoring PGs (mo williams, west and doobie gibson), athletic defensive wings (parker, moon).

    and they all play within a system. there's no selfish one on one players. they play like a team. which is a whole lot better than what ny has now.

    im not sure why lbj would want to give that up. like tmac said. lbj's pretty set in cleveland right now.

    i think ny's best option is to get Bosh and a PG that pushes the ball very well this year. trade for chris paul, they still have collison. and then try to get their hands on carmelo next year. im sure he'd want to play in MSG.
    Fixed that for you.

  10. #10
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It all depends on how early the Cavs get knocked out. As of right now it looks like they're up against Toronto and who knows how Bosh's nose is going to change things...(they don't really have a chance neway). So I guess it's time to root for the Smelldix in the second round.

    If they get past the second round they'll prob face Orlando which I think is a better team and that match up heavily relies on Shaq's return to play 1 on 1 with Dwight.

    and PS. I fell out of favor with McGrady a long time ago when he started taking quarters off with phantom pains... I have no sources but COME ON PEOPLE! It looks horrible but at least he can say he didn't pull a Hedo.

    If u don't know what Hedo did then....

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Apr 07, 2010 at 11:03.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Mar 03, 2010, 09:13
  2. Well No way Lebron is coming now!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2010, 11:34
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2009, 18:41
  4. Exclusive: ESPN Writers Poll : Summer of 2010
    By ____I♥NY____ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 04, 2009, 23:27
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2009, 15:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •