Knicks beat the Smelldiccs and no one put a thread up?

knicksin60

Starter
I agree that every player has break out games.I remember how when Nate Robinson had that 41 point game there were people anointing him as the next Bernard King.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah. As much as you hate Gallo, you can't deny that he and Barron won tonight's game for us. I hate to admit it but even Chris DuSUCK played well.

Just like I can't deny that Nate won that game against the Hawks with that 41 point performance. Of course, that doesn't mean I LIKE Nate - but I have to give credit where credit is due, of course.

Slit

Rookie
Great game. Biggest positive though would be Barron's performance. And the fact he was actually given playing time. Maybe, just maybe....

tiger0330

Legend
Like Mike Breen said that was an entertaining game. Gallo has mad skilz for a big man, he needs to recognize and take less 3s. It would be as miraculous as finding an all-star in the second round but could the Knicks have found their starting center in the D-League with 5 games left? Barron might be playing over his head but anyone has to be better than that scrub Curry.

knicksin60

Starter
Like Mike Breen said that was an entertaining game. Gallo has mad skilz for a big man, he needs to recognize and take less 3s. It would be as miraculous as finding an all-star in the second round but could the Knicks have found their starting center in the D-League with 5 games left? Barron might be playing over his head but anyone has to be better than that scrub Curry.

It's funny how Barron has been a Knick for 2 games but has contributed more to the Knicks than what Curry has contributed in the last 2 years.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great Game.....10 day contract Earl Barron alongside of David Lee has turned this Knick Team into a competitive team.

The missing Center piece for two-LOSING-seasons has arrived in the last two games making the Knicks PF, SF, and SG position strong.
David Lee is not a center.
Al Harrington is not a PF.
Gallo is not a PF.
Chandler is not a PF or SG.
Walker is not a SF.
Any NBA headcoach with common-sense would know putting these players in those positions for 30 minutes a game leads to a 1-9 record.
This is the NBA! not the Euro-League.
FIRE Damntoni....resign Lee to play alongside of a center (Barron and ???).

Note: First time in the NBA, Gallo had the confidence to do a "fake bounce and turn around jumper" that had my son, friends, and I fall out of our seats when the ball was all net "swoosh" LOL. Gallo did the famous "KG move" on Pierce that F....ked Pierce head up. LOL

It should not be a shock or suprise that Harrington coming off of a great game vs Clippers performing at his natural position SF gets DNP the next game. Especially when David Lee finally (after 2 season) perform all his minutes of playingtime at the PF position.
Who performed at the SF position with a DNP Harrington? Godson!!!

Blas

Benchwarmer
Gallo did well because he got to the free throw line. The celtics backed off him because he was able to drive in and get some fouls. The celtics had to respect his slashing game. This opened up things for him to hit open jumpers.

Baron looks good, let's see if he can do it for an 82 game season. He takes up space, can score, and rebounds (already a huge upgrade to Curry when he was descent). If the kid starts blocking shots then we have a legit center.

The only negative about this game: 4th quarter. Knicks need to improve in this area. I'm tired of teams getting momentum on us in the 4th quarter. However, I am guessing we do not have the personnel to keep the pressure on teams. D'antoni's suns would not have backed off like we did. This shows a coach who does not have confidence in his players; which is justified.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
Gotta love it when the Knicks beat the Celtics. Celtics run on top is coming to a close. I wouldn't be surprised if they are eliminated in the first round and don't even show up next year.

and is this barron guy for real? 18 rebounds? Presence in the paint! toughness! GRITTY PLAY! INTENSITY! This guy is earning his way. If he keeps it up for the remainder of the season we have to consider him as a real option at C.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Gallo must like 3rd quarters.... Hey I'm big enough to give credit where credit is due. Gallo in the 3rd made a living at the line and posting up the smaller Ray Allen. That's all I have been trying to say all along..... Instead of camping out flinging up threes, use your size and touch to get higher % shots and get to the free throw line. Gallo did that tonight. But that last shot?????? Lucky the BANK was open, albeit we got robbed at home when they took a point off the board.... Play was too close to call. Barron played like an animal and workmanlike performance by David Lee considering the Celts devoted their entire front line to stop him, leaving Gallo to match-up on smaller guards. Great way to hang on at home.... and if having no bulletin board material thread helped up win this one, skip the game threads for here on out.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if gallo can play with this type of tenacity on a nightly basis then theres no denying how good he can really be, but it seems hes still getting that consistency and once he does dude will be a great player to have possibly the #2 option or so.......the more i watch and see him play the more i see him getting better, at this point all he needs is seasoning and to play with more fire on a daily basis

KBlack25

Starter
Gallo must like 3rd quarters.... Hey I'm big enough to give credit where credit is due. Gallo in the 3rd made a living at the line and posting up the smaller Ray Allen. That's all I have been trying to say all along..... Instead of camping out flinging up threes, use your size and touch to get higher % shots and get to the free throw line. Gallo did that tonight. But that last shot?????? Lucky the BANK was open, albeit we got robbed at home when they took a point off the board.... Play was too close to call. Barron played like an animal and workmanlike performance by David Lee considering the Celts devoted their entire front line to stop him, leaving Gallo to match-up on smaller guards. Great way to hang on at home.... and if having no bulletin board material thread helped up win this one, skip the game threads for here on out.

Thank you, Jim, for at least giving credit where credit is due...I feel like some people want so badly to be right they can't even give credit to a player they don't like.

Gallo had nice numbers yesterday, instead of sitting here bashing him saying "He's a one-time wonder" why can't we at least put a positive spin on it, "He played well yesterday but he has to do it on a more consistent basis." I am not a big fan of Nate, never really was, but when he had good games, I said the former, not the latter.

People need to stop wanting to be right so badly they will do anything to detract from anything positive. If you think it's a one-time deal, then fine. But at least give the guy credit for a nice game yesterday...

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thank you, Jim, for at least giving credit where credit is due...I feel like some people want so badly to be right they can't even give credit to a player they don't like.

Gallo had nice numbers yesterday, instead of sitting here bashing him saying "He's a one-time wonder" why can't we at least put a positive spin on it, "He played well yesterday but he has to do it on a more consistent basis." I am not a big fan of Nate, never really was, but when he had good games, I said the former, not the latter.

People need to stop wanting to be right so badly they will do anything to detract from anything positive. If you think it's a one-time deal, then fine. But at least give the guy credit for a nice game yesterday...

Well you know what all this back and forth made me WANT to really see the game last night so I went to my corner tap that has the NBA ticket. Showed up just in time for the 3rd quarter.... Which used to be my Tuesday night routine years ago anyway(Knicks on TNT w/Hubie).

Hey I knew I would have to eat a little crow today, but it was nicer to see the Knicks get a win. Gallo could easily average 20 points a night if he played like he did in the 3rd all the time. Gallo posted up smaller guys and got to the line. Couldn't understand why D'ant sat the hot hand for most of the 4th quarter, but that's another story.... Highlight of the year as far a I'm concerned and something to look forward to...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Well you know what all this back and forth made me WANT to really see the game last night so I went to my corner tap that has the NBA ticket. Showed up just in time for the 3rd quarter.... Which used to be my Tuesday night routine years ago anyway(Knicks on TNT w/Hubie).

Hey I knew I would have to eat a little crow today, but it was nicer to see the Knicks get a win. Gallo could easily average 20 points a night if he played like he did in the 3rd all the time. Gallo posted up smaller guys and got to the line. Couldn't understand why D'ant sat the hot hand for most of the 4th quarter, but that's another story.... Highlight of the year as far a I'm concerned and something to look forward to...

All everyone has been really saying is give the guy time and a chance to develop. He looks to be improving and at this point that is all we can ask for.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Kudos to you for being reasonable. I get the feeling some of the others are disappointed that he played well.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Good win last night. Gallo really impressed me when he started mixing up his shot selection. He would probably be more consistent if he played inside out more often. It seems like he plays better when he sees a real challenge in front of him. Dantoni has to somehow get Gallo to channel that energy in his everyday normal play.

Barron has been solid in his two games BUT I really need to see more defense from him. Its cool to have 18pts and 17 rbs in 44 min as a center, but not having at least 1 blk shot is a bit disappointing. BOS really had no problem scoring in the post. This team needs a big that can rebound and defend. His rebounding seems up to par so far, now he needs to show the coaching staff some defensive presence. Also, he will probably need to bulk up a bit if he really wants the starting job next season.

Like I said before, I'll evaluate Barron through the rest of the season and summer league. These last few games just isn't enough time to fully evaluate this guy. It's just like with Bender where some people were ready to anoint him as a legitimate piece to Dantoni's system but then realized he was a dud within a few weeks.

Why the hell is Duhon starting again AND getting more minutes that TD and Rodriguez????????? Duhon must be swallowing now because Pringles loves him some Chris.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
But they won

True, but I'm just glad Duhon played a pass-first mentality. I don't know how he was there for so long, but 8 assists is pretty decent for a third-stringer.

I was really impressed that the Knicks still managed to score that much despite being riddled with injuries (and dead weight).

nyk_nyk

All Star
True, but I'm just glad Duhon played a pass-first mentality. I don't know how he was there for so long, but 8 assists is pretty decent for a third-stringer.

I was really impressed that the Knicks still managed to score that much despite being riddled with injuries (and dead weight).

I thought this was Douglas's time to shine, win or lose. Guess Dantoni isn't finished f****** with players' psyche yet. Seriously, it should be S. Rod and Douglas sharing the minutes.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
From what I saw, Gallo looked real sharp...I like his game and I dont have a problem with the decision Donnie (or Antoni) made a couple years ago when we drafted him. I think the cock has potential, the more he plays and the more experience he gets, the better he'll be. The way he played against Bumston should give him some confidence, and I also want to say that for once I agree with JimChief, his opinions on Gallinari are on point.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

+1, Good unbiased observation. And I hope Danny Granger elbows Gallo or something to get him pumped up. It is aggravating to see him camp when we all know what he can do when he is aggresive. This is the reason I really believe that if he works his ass off this offseason, he can be something special. Like most prospects we only see his good traits in spurts. I hope he puts a large emphasis of his work this offseason on a mid-range game, post game, and his ability to penetrate. The 3 point line should only be an accesory for him, not a place where he lives (which I'll admit it it seems he's scared to move an inch over the line at times). Also I am one of the few people who supports Gallo who also supports Wilson Chandler's development. I really want to see this pair work next year.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Gallinari's 31 points lead Knicks over Celtics

April 7, 2010 By ALAN HAHN

It should be considered progress that the main concern with Danilo Gallinari is no longer about his once problematic back but his enigmatic drive. And the encouraging sign there is that the hotter things get on the court, the more fiery the 21-year-old Italian gets.

His career-high 31-point performance in last night's 104-101 win over the Celtics at the Garden should be secondary to the toughness he showed in the face of attempted intimidation by one of the game's great intimidators, Kevin Garnett, who threw elbows and glares Gallinari's way.

And rather than cower from it, Gallinari seemed to thrive in it.

"When that happens, it's not good for the other team," said Gallinari, who scored 24 points in the second half to lead the Knicks (28-49).

Garnett also had a minor exchange with David Lee later in the game, but it was clear the perennial All-Star was testing Gallinari, who was called for an offensive foul early in the third quarter and inadvertently hit Garnett in the back. A few plays later, Garnett responded with an elbow that caught Gallinari in the eye.

"He was trying to play aggressive, he was trying to throw elbows on me that I wasn't really doing," Gallinari said. "He looked at me and he put an elbow on me, that's different."

It wasn't anything that directly impacted the outcome of what had been a close game throughout, but Gallinari did have a hand in that when he banked a long jumper with 36.8 seconds left to give the Knicks a 102-101 lead. After a turnover by Paul Pierce, Lee then scored against Garnett to make it a three-point lead with 7.3 seconds left.

On Boston's final possession, Rasheed Wallace could not get off a three-point attempt before the final buzzer. The Knicks were winners of consecutive games for only the third time in the 2010 calendar year. Ray Allen led the Celtics (48-29) with 17 points.

Gallinari has had run-ins with opposing star players before. Garnett elbowed him last season in a game in Boston, which Gallinari remembered. Then there was the game late last season when Gallinari accidentally elbowed Dwyane Wade, which infuriated the Heat star. Last month, Gallinari and Carmelo Anthony exchanged trash talk as they went shot-for-shot in a wild third-quarter performance that had the Garden roaring and Anthony raving about Gallinari after the game.

Notes & quotes: In a performance that came out of nowhere, D-League call-up Earl Barron, who was thrust into a starting role when Al Harrington (sore left ankle) was a late scratch, played 44 minutes and had 17 points and a career-best 18 rebounds. Lee had 13 points and 11 rebounds and struggled with his shot (6-for-16) . . . Nate Robinson had five points and five assists in 14 minutes in his first game at the Garden since he was traded on Feb. 18. The former Knicks fan favorite received a mostly polite applause before entering the game in the first quarter . . . Tracy McGrady sat out a second straight game with pain in his left thigh.

He just needs to be fired up at all times. Gallo needs to find something inside to motivate himself for every game. To get angry. If he can do that, he can be a very good player.