• Nahh

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Knicks F Harrington to undergo shoulder surgery

New York, NY (Sports Network) - The New York Knicks announced on Wednesday
that forward AL Harrington will have an arthroscopic procedure on his right
shoulder and will miss the rest of the season.

The surgery is scheduled for Thursday and will be performed by Knicks
orthopedist Answorth Allen. Recovery time is expected to be three to four
months.

Harrington, 30, is expected to test the free agent market in the offseason and
may have played his last game with the Knicks. The 11-year-veteran appeared
in 72 games this season -- 15 starts -- and posted averages of 17.7 points and
5.6 rebounds in 30.5 minutes of action.
Who wants him back?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I rather have Nate back.What's the point of having him?He rarely passes.Only way I'd sign is if it's for a small amount amount of money and not many minutes.I like him, but when he's not hitting shots, boyyyy.

GetRealistic

Starter
Running Jumper you need to let it go... Nate isn't coming back and thats a good thing.

Al can score but if he put more effort into getting teammates involved and playing defense from time to time he'd be much more valuable. The guy can score but only when he puts up high volume shots. He's best suited as a scorer on a bad team so hopefully he won't be back next year.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He won't play again as a Knick. He won't be offered a lot of cash next year either. All the PT boosted his averages this year but exposed his one track mind and his games lack of versatility.

Easy "NO" vote.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Running Jumper you need to let it go... Nate isn't coming back and thats a good thing.

I'm a Nate fan, but I did let it go.Just saying I would much rather have him than Harrington and House.Those two aren't really gonna help us much, especially Harrington who rarely looks to pass.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I love the man's heart, he really poured out his emotions in a game. I appreciate him for that. But do I want him back on this team? Absolutely not. He is a chucker. I wish him well wherever he goes to next, it just not better be in a Knicks uniform.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Th-th-that's Al folks!

Thanks for giving us all that effort Al. I hope your next team treats you right. As long as it's not the Knicks.
The Knicks don't need another forward going into next season, they need a back-up center and better guards.

Kiyaman

Legend
Harrington is not a PF!!!

I dont want Lee back as a Center.....I dont want Harrington back as a PF.....I dont want to see Chandler at the SG or PF spot next season.....I dont want to see Gallo at the PF or SG spot next season.

This is the NBA! versatility belongs to King James, D.Wade, and Durant!
Imagine Carmelo at the PF or SG spot.......:teeth::teeth::teeth:

The Knicks started this season with five SF on their roster:
Harrington, Jeff, Chandler, Gallo, and Landry.
To many Damn SF....this is not the Euro-League!!!

The Boston Celtics started the season with five PF on their roster with one starting center-Perkins.....big difference.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks 2010 Plan vs Nets 2010 Plan

Will the 12 win Nets have a better 2010 Plan than the Knicks?
yes or no?
Will the Nets have a better winning season than the Knicks in the 2010-11 season?
Lopez vs Gallo?

The NJ Nets (soon to be the Brooklyn Nets in 2012-13 season) has $28M to $30M cap space this offseason, they could offer a cheap (2 year) contracts to veteran experience SF-Harrington and SF-Outlaw to man their SF spot next season.
And spend their big money $$$ going after a FA PF:
Bosh, Boozer, or Lee, to tandem up with C-Lopez with F/C-Boone coming off the bench.
The Nets have two decent young SG in Terrence Williams and Courtney Lee.
The Nets also have a low lottery draft pick they could go after PG-John Wall or trade the pick for the rights of Ricky Rubio.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Nets seem to be in a better position.They're one guy away from getting into the Playoffs, and his name does not have to be Dwayne Wade and Lebron James.

I'm hoping we at LEAST get David Lee back.We have to pull out all the stops and to come away this offseason.