Congrats D'amntoni on 50 Losses...Again!

CoolClyde

Ahh, another 50 loss season, thanks Mike No-D! how I admire your 8-man rotation, no defensive scheme, love of Duhound, not fouling when up by 3 with seconds left in the game, your poor communication skills with Marbury, N8, Hughes, etc., and especially your holier-than-thou, not-my-fault-we're-losing attitude and your stoic band of yes men. you are one of the worst Knick coaches I have ever seen, I dread watching and listening to you. Do you really think winning is all about the SSOL, and NOT defense? Why are you NOT starting Douglas at the end of the season? c'mon, what is up with Duhon?? what have you got to lose? face? you've lost enough potato face already, you mustachio moron! I hate you! How unfortunate that Donnie will keep you around, so you can have your 2 new max agents go wild with no offensive or defensive game plan. prove me wrong, D'assholio, and I will eat my words. Your substitutions suck ass, you don't belong in New York City! you and D'an D'an can go eat a big cock. oh, yeah, you already did. 50 losses and counting!!! wooo-weee!! way to go, D'amntoni!
:barf::gony:
ps: sorry for the offensive language folks!

knicksin60

Starter
Give D'antoni a break! He is the only coach in NBA history who doesn't deserve to get blamed for anything.Remember, he was brought in here to start coaching this team once his third season with the Knicks got underway.

Red

TYPE-A
Chill CoolClyde...

Once we pair Lee...

oops... I mean once we resign Lee for $10+mil...

then we pair him with a real big man center like Camby...

And Gallo gets his feet under him...

and we sign Joe Johnson...

and trade for CP3...

and trade for Rubio...

and wait two more years (b/c Douglas needs three years like Gallo to develop)...

and draft 3 more bench warmers...

then "Rightly So" we wait another three years for them to develop and proove to us worthy...

and we start running SSOL just like PHX when they won 50+ games and...

then and only then can we expect more.

Is that how it goes guy's? Or only Euro players allowed three years to develop?

O'well by this time next year, we will be tearing the league up! Yup it will be a new day, one in which the league fears our ability...

to outscore them!

...with like 150 points per!

knicksin60

Starter
What's with all the D'antoni hate here? Seriously, if anyone here could coach the Knicks to a better record why waste valuable minutes of your life posting on a forum? Why not go to the commissioner's office and ask for a coaching position in the Knicks' organization? I'm sure that if you made a quarter of Mike D'antoni's salary you would look at the Internet Basketball Community as a bunch of pions who have too much time in their hands.Maybe someone here could write a book entitled,"20,000 Ways to Express Your Resentment Towards Mike D'antoni".

Does anyone actually think that the more they complain about a particular athlete or coach, the more vibes they will send to him? Do people think that these vibes will eventually lead to the departure of this athlete or coach? I would have loved to believe in something like this had it resulted in the Knicks making the playoffs more than once in the last 9 years.But the truth is that you could rant and rave about the Knicks and their pathetic organization until you're blue and orange in the face, but you'll be wasting time that could have been used more wisely.

I am not knocking the people who come to this forum for emotional alleviation.Some of us let out our frustrations by breaking our remote controls into thousands of pieces, others unleash their emotions by writing 3 thousand word essays on why they hate the coach of their team.Whatever your reason is for being a devote member of Knicks Online, I respect that.I just honestly believe that some of us shouldn't get too carried away by our opinions.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
Ahh, another 50 loss season, thanks Mike No-D! how I admire your 8-man rotation, no defensive scheme, love of Duhound, not fouling when up by 3 with seconds left in the game, your poor communication skills with Marbury, N8, Hughes, etc., and especially your holier-than-thou, not-my-fault-we're-losing attitude and your stoic band of yes men. you are one of the worst Knick coaches I have ever seen, I dread watching and listening to you. Do you really think winning is all about the SSOL, and NOT defense? Why are you NOT starting Douglas at the end of the season? c'mon, what is up with Duhon?? what have you got to lose? face? you've lost enough potato face already, you mustachio moron! I hate you! How unfortunate that Donnie will keep you around, so you can have your 2 new max agents go wild with no offensive or defensive game plan. prove me wrong, D'assholio, and I will eat my words. Your substitutions suck ass, you don't belong in New York City! you and D'an D'an can go eat a big cock. oh, yeah, you already did. 50 losses and counting!!! wooo-weee!! way to go, D'amntoni!
:barf::gony:
ps: sorry for the offensive language folks!

id rather an 8 man rotation than 40 lineup changes in a season...
love of duhon? the same duhon who was benched and got DNP's after all star break?
does a coach really have to tell an NBA PLAYER to foul in a situation like that? my *****, what are u in the league for???
marbury, n8 & hughes are nobody's in the league today. marbury couldnt take a chineese team to theplayoffs. some people are forgetting marburys 100 million he stole from us. we got the best out of the n8 deal. hands down.
worst knick coaches??? you forget isiah thomas so quickly my friend.
SSOL? we dont have a run and gun system anymore. if u been watching knick games and not box scores u would see this.
douglas receives most of the pg duties....he just put up 20 last night. Douglas is not a seasoned vet....he's a rookie....who makes rookie mistakes.
At the end of the season he did go out and get a centre tho. why is that move not noted?? lee now plays PF. this is a huge thing. it has to mean we are getting bosh. lee needs to adjust to the pf spot.
his substitutions suck ass? who the hell are you bringin on?? bender? house? giddens? how about we get eddy curry up off the bench so he can improve dantoni's substitutions.

who expected this team to make the playoffs? this is a throw away season fellas. we were competitive, we had excitement, and won a few games on the way.

XH20X

Rookie
Ok, i really don't think it's the coaches fault as much as it is the players. Lets go back in time when we had Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas as head coach. I've been seeing this time and time again, you CAN'T COACH EFFORT. I really can't blame the coach that much because I'm sure he emphasized defense day in and day out to the players but its whether or not the want to play D. We had mostly defensive minded coaches during the decade and they can't even help the Knicks win. Why? because you can't coach effort and players basically quit on the coaches. I believe this cleansing of the team is good becuase we have a chance to actually get players that want to win. I'm looking forward to a good season next year.

nyk_nyk

All Star
On another note, you can tell that Dantoni has come to the realization that TD is not suited as a lead PG. Anytime TD is on the court now he is playing alongside Duhorn or S.Rod. I've always said that TD is a scorer and that's it. He has trouble running a break which usually results in him taking a tough shot or making a bad pass.

Sorry to disappoint some of you but TD will not be the starting pg next year. He may get valuable minutes off the bench as an off guard but he won't be counted on the run the team too often.

With that said, I wonder how TD will fit into the rotation with a healthy Chandler and possibly Joe Johnson coming aboard. At 6ft tall he would easily become a liability on defense as a SG. Either he works REALLY hard this off-season on his PG play or he could easily see reduced minutes. Obviously this all depends on the acquisitions made this summer.

we said this when we drafted TD that he would play a similar roll in the upcoming years to barbosa with better defense and more intensity. Other than that it is quite obvious that our players are the main reason we fail. I mean really lets go position by position

C we have none
PF lee is a top ten
SF not even in the top 15 or 20
SG we have none
PG bench players starting

BENCH

WE have none.

How do you coach winning basketball with this type of roster.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Wait 3 years, Red? You kidding me - we've waited long enough... there's no reason we shouldn't be contending next season.. just like the Celtics.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
First in time in the forum guys!!!!! Well the only things i hate about mike is his freaking lineup changes wow and the love for he has for duhon wacthing him start him pisses me off ...we could of been talking playoffs if he played toney and jordan at the start of the season...next season this team is going to be diffrent we will see how it goes ... If it goes bad fire his ass hire baron scott or mark jackson or avery johnson ..plus his mustache is anoying

CoolClyde

I agree with all the sentiment, but hey, it's my rant, and my book to write :) I just don't like the coach, no matter what happens. God bless Donnie for putting us in position to improve team 100%, but I still think D'amntoni is a sh*tty coach whose positive record at Phoenix was based on Steve Nash being PG supreme.

I believe a defensive-minded coach, who has respect for his players as opposed to attitude, who doesn't stick players in the doghouse to teach them lessons, who didn't push his godson on this team when we needed a PG or C, played the rooks more, and spread out the rotation, would have done a lot better with this team than Pringle has done. As evidenced by a decent December, this team was able to win games. Hell, any well-coached team is able to win games if executing properly. D'assholio was surprised that N8 was able to score 41 after he benched him for a MONTH, that was a BAD MOVE. He was surprised that Douglas was able to win games single-handedly, and then he puts Duhound back at starting PG? That's what really gets my goat and made me mad as hell. I believe in TD.

Re "Coach Thomas" - IT was not supposed to be Knicks coach in the first place, that was another poor (rich man) James Dolan decision.

Perhaps D'anteater just can't run a non-SSOL offense? I mean, any coach who preaches offense over defense sucks ass. word to y'all...
rabbitoni.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
What's with all the D'antoni hate here? Seriously, if anyone here could coach the Knicks to a better record why waste valuable minutes of your life posting on a forum? Why not go to the commissioner's office and ask for a coaching position in the Knicks' organization? I'm sure that if you made a quarter of Mike D'antoni's salary you would look at the Internet Basketball Community as a bunch of pions who have too much time in their hands.Maybe someone here could write a book entitled,"20,000 Ways to Express Your Resentment Towards Mike D'antoni".

Does anyone actually think that the more they complain about a particular athlete or coach, the more vibes they will send to him? Do people think that these vibes will eventually lead to the departure of this athlete or coach? I would have loved to believe in something like this had it resulted in the Knicks making the playoffs more than once in the last 9 years.But the truth is that you could rant and rave about the Knicks and their pathetic organization until you're blue and orange in the face, but you'll be wasting time that could have been used more wisely.

I am not knocking the people who come to this forum for emotional alleviation.Some of us let out our frustrations by breaking our remote controls into thousands of pieces, others unleash their emotions by writing 3 thousand word essays on why they hate the coach of their team.Whatever your reason is for being a devote member of Knicks Online, I respect that.I just honestly believe that some of us shouldn't get too carried away by our opinions.

u should change your name to "DantoniShow".....all that u wrote above is all BULLSHEEEET!!!
Nothing personally to u for being a fan favorite of Damtoni, u showed u do have B-Ball knowledge, but when a player or coach "change" teams they have to accept the "change" by doing everything in their power to better their new situation.

Watching "Knicks in 60" may not show u the entire game, but it does show u all the errors of the Knicks headcoach.
Last season (2008-9) u seen 50 (loss) reasons why Damntoni wasnt capable of coaching the Knicks.
This season (2009-10) u already seen 51 (loss) reasons why Damntoni does not have the capabilty to coach the Knicks and the season is not over yet.

Kiyaman

Legend
The (28-51) Knick situation past and present

Last night Knicks 103-118 loss vs the Orlando Magic headcoach Stan Van Gundy (who called-out Damntoni infererior-coaching and Walsh cluelessness in choices of coaches), out-coached Damntoni in every facet of the game using a "2-UNIT" lineup throughout the 48 minutes of the game.
SVG was showing-off his coaching ability in "team-ball" using a 10-man rotation where u dont need a "STAR" player to win games.
Orlando's 2nd unit off the bench in the 2nd half of the game ate the Knicks up alive.

The Knicks were a "2-unit-rotation-team" the day headcoach Damntoni was hired.
The Knicks were a "2-unit-team" when Damntoni had his first Knick preseason game (in 2008-9), and was a "2-unit-rotation team" the following 2009-10 preseason games.
When a team dont have any "Super-Star" players or Star players on their roster, but do have a few young upcoming star players with alot of decent individual talent players in offense and defense within the roster, a real NBA coach will utilize all that talent to make three different lineups:
1) the best offensive lineup
2) the best defensive lineup
3) and the best offense/defense (Starting) lineup.
However, headcoach Damntoni small-rotation of players in a game is only for rotations that have a Super-Star with Star players in the rotation.
Inwhich the Knick roster did not have.

When Isiah Thomas departed from the Knicks, the new regime plus new headcoach inhereted 6 young rookie contract players wanting playingtime to be apart of the new coach team-system, along with a 6th lottery draft pick. The majority of the other 8 veteran players on the roster just wanted Isiah Thomas gone so they could play winning basketball (with 4 of those veteran players contract expiring before the 2010 offseason to lower cap space).

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree with all the sentiment, but hey, it's my rant, and my book to write :) I just don't like the coach, no matter what happens. God bless Donnie for putting us in position to improve team 100%, but I still think D'amntoni is a sh*tty coach whose positive record at Phoenix was based on Steve Nash being PG supreme.

I believe a defensive-minded coach, who has respect for his players as opposed to attitude, who doesn't stick players in the doghouse to teach them lessons, who didn't push his godson on this team when we needed a PG or C, played the rooks more, and spread out the rotation, would have done a lot better with this team than Pringle has done. As evidenced by a decent December, this team was able to win games. Hell, any well-coached team is able to win games if executing properly. D'assholio was surprised that N8 was able to score 41 after he benched him for a MONTH, that was a BAD MOVE. He was surprised that Douglas was able to win games single-handedly, and then he puts Duhound back at starting PG? That's what really gets my goat and made me mad as hell. I believe in TD.

Re "Coach Thomas" - IT was not supposed to be Knicks coach in the first place, that was another poor (rich man) James Dolan decision.

Perhaps D'anteater just can't run a non-SSOL offense? I mean, any coach who preaches offense over defense sucks ass. word to y'all...
rabbitoni.jpg

Great post. I agree with almost everything you stated, except the stuff about Walsh. Walsh can go get off the team, too, IMO.

That is what the D'Antoni supporters don't realize. Even if he gets the talent to win, he is so obsessed with his ego and playing favorites with his rotations and shoving players into doghouses that the team still might not be able to get passed the first round of the playoffs, or even to the playoffs with him as coach. Plus, any coach that cares more about knocking down 3s than playing defense is going to handicap their team by doing so. Defense has to be a #1 priority to consistently win in the NBA.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
at least nobody can say that nyk are the most expensive looooooooooosers - thanks Mr. Walsh. I will wait with judging D'antoni to next season... than we will get answer on question are these no defense 3 pts fast ball action worth this embarassment ? I wish we could try some top nba coaches with this team, who said that for example phil jackson or van gundy will get to the PO with this team ? I don't. David, Danilo, Douglas are developing their skills... Even this 8 man rotation has some sense, he was trying combine players who stay in nyk, make framework for some desired FA. But I can't find sth for this 3 pointers that looks very ridiculous... do you remeber 0-18 game or duhons record... ? how can I ask mike where is the sense of hitting this bricks ? On the other hand they won few games when effectiveness of 3pointers wasn't so bad and it was also few games with top teams.... without 3pts they lost even with njn. I hope next season will be PO season ( of course with some FA ;) for nyk and D'ants will indtroduce sth more to their gameplan.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
at least nobody can say that nyk are the most expensive looooooooooosers - thanks Mr. Walsh. I will wait with judging D'antoni to next season... than we will get answer on question are these no defense 3 pts fast ball action worth this embarassment ? I wish we could try some top nba coaches with this team, who said that for example phil jackson or van gundy will get to the PO with this team ? I don't. David, Danilo, Douglas are developing their skills... Even this 8 man rotation has some sense, he was trying combine players who stay in nyk, make framework for some desired FA. But I can't find sth for this 3 pointers that looks very ridiculous... do you remeber 0-18 game or duhons record... ? how can I ask mike where is the sense of hitting this bricks ? On the other hand they won few games when effectiveness of 3pointers wasn't so bad and it was also few games with top teams.... without 3pts they lost even with njn. I hope next season will be PO season ( of course with some FA ;) for nyk and D'ants will indtroduce sth more to their gameplan.

I dont know what team or coach u been watching this season, but the Knicks having a clueless-headcoach Damntoni with his pet-player Gallo whom both of their NBA performance this season equals that of Duhon's performance.
To not see the clarity in all 3 of their poor performance for the Knick organization says u were not watching Knick Basketball.

The Knicks started the season without any kind of star-player on their roster, so using a small-rotation of players show the inferior coaching-staff.
The coaches get a "F" for no effort.

The Knicks started the season with a poor backup tier-2 PG-Duhon averaging 35 minutes per game as a starter. Throughout his first 50 games of the season he did not improve, enhance, anyone of his teammates performance.
The PG position gets a minus "C-" for poor effort.

The Knicks started the season with last season 24 game rookie with "back-injury-surgery" over the summer Gallo as the team 33 mpg starter.
This season happen to be his first full season playing basketball in the USA.
6.11 Gallo showed fear throughout his first 50 games this season by spending all of his time around the 3-point line on every offensive possesion.
Yet, he received 33 minutes per game at a position where the Knicks had 3 experience (ten times better) players on the roster.
Equals the coaches "Pet-Player" it has nothing to do with developing a young Gallo for the future.
The Chicago Bulls rookie Taj Gibson 24 mpg developement under a 2nd season NBA coach puts his talents and awareness as a NBA bigman 10 times above Gallo.
The 2nd season player Gallo gets a minus "C-" for being a project in the NBA.

Having 7.0 C-Earl Barron (doing the samething that C-Darko & F/C-Hill couldve provided for us at the start of the season with 6 extra fouls) in the middle of the paint.
Plus having 6.9 PF-David Lee dominating the defensive-glass (rebounding) so oponents get one shot at the basket.
Here is the most important Knick frontcourt question in the 2009-10 season?
for fans who bet cash $$$ money on each game and the Knicks future when u have a decent "center & PF" combination.

Who would u put as the starting SF? and
Who would u put as the backup SF?
A) Ten year experience team high scorer SF-Harrington?
B) 3rd season offense/defense upcoming future star SF-Chandler?
C) Inexperience 24 games in the USA SF-Gallo?

The wrong answer will give u a 1-9 start of the season...

nk11

Benchwarmer
I dont know what team or coach u been watching this season, but the Knicks having a clueless-headcoach Damntoni with his pet-player Gallo whom both of their NBA performance this season equals that of Duhon's performance.
To not see the clarity in all 3 of their poor performance for the Knick organization says u were not watching Knick Basketball.

The Knicks started the season without any kind of star-player on their roster, so using a small-rotation of players show the inferior coaching-staff.

The Knicks started the season with a poor backup tier-2 PG-Duhon averaging 35 minutes per game as a starter. Throughout his first 50 games of the season he did not improve, enhance, anyone of his teammates performance.

The Knicks started the season with last season 24 game rookie with "back-injury-surgery" over the summer Gallo as the team 33 mpg starter.
6.11 Gallo showed fear throughout his first 50 games this season by spending all of his time around the 3-point line on every offensive possesion.
Yet, he received 33 minutes per game at a position where the Knicks had 3 experience (ten times better) players on the roster.
Equals the coaches "Pet-Player" it has nothing to do with developing a young Gallo for the future.
The Chicago Bulls rookie Taj Gibson 24 mpg developement under a 2nd season NBA coach puts his talents and awareness as a NBA bigman 10 times above Gallo.

Having 7.0 C-Earl Barron (doing the samething that C-Darko & F/C-Hill couldve provided for us at the start of the season with 6 extra fouls) in the middle of the paint.
Plus having 6.9 PF-David Lee dominating the defensive-glass (rebounding) so oponents get one shot at the basket.
for fans who bet cash $$$ money on each game and the Knicks future when u have a decent "center & PF" combination.

i agree completely at times dantoni seemed clueless...but with our roster this year we weren't going anywhere, the best we could have hoped for was a losing battle for the 8th seed.
i guess bc of this he thought he'd TRY to develop gallo...clearly he has no idea how to do that properly...but id give him another shot next season with some more talent, a smarter chandler, and tougher gallo.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer

Its amazing how you go about grading the performances of these personel and players as if you are some sort of erudite teacher.

Although Duhon's playing time was a unanimous absurdity, saying that Al Harrington ( a power forward naturally...weren't you the one complaining about out of position players in your D'Antoni argument??yeah...) and Wilson Chandler were "10 times better" than Gallo is a gross exaggeration. You complain constantly about playing young talent like Douglas and Hill, yet you would rather play a guy like Harrington who is out of position, and on his way out the door. Last I heard, Chandler played MORE minutes than Gallo AND started...i dont understand what obvious options at SF you seem to be seeing. You're only further exposing your grudge against Gallo.

I dont know what you expected of this season, but we were a guaranteed lottery team. 2010 is the plan, D'Antoni or no D'Antoni, this team is still losing 50 games. If you disagree with this logic, then the same opposition goes for whatever you think. There is no telling what would have happened under any other coach, because it never happened. Dwelling on the past is simply a preparation for an excuse if 2010 fails to bring us wins.

CoolClyde

More Congrats Are In Order!~!

D'amnstachio goal was for Knicks to be 15th best defensive squad this year...congrats on that account, as Knicks WERE the 15th best defensive squad when it came to Opponents Assists, they rank 15 out of 30 teams! Congrats Mikerino!

Unfortunately, in terms of defensive reality, Knicks ranked amongst poorest squads:

Points Allowed, Knicks rank 27 out of 30
Opponents Field Goal % - 29 out of 30
Opponents Rebounding Differential - 28 out of 30
Opponents Blocks - 28 out of 30

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] As Clyde said in last night's Heat game, it was a matchup of teams where offense is the best defense (Knicks) versus a team whose defense is their best offense (Heat).

What other team in the league can you get 5-6 new players in a week, and have most of them starting or getting massive minutes (McGrody, Power Serge, Skywalker, Red Barron, BrickshitHouse, JR Gooden Plenty), not to mention Benderama getting instant minutes over Darky Milicent?

This is because D'amnclitoris has no gameplan, a total lack of plays on both offense and defense, whereby new players can just assume roles instantaneously.

When N8 joined the Smelldicks, he inherited a Book of Plays he had to learn. When N8 rejoined the Knicks after month in Mustache Jail, he was told to "go out there and do what you do best"

Congratulations Mike No-Defense, your mustache is offensive!
Your sense of defense sucks gigantor italian balls!

Knicks 2010 Defense McGrade: Triple F minus - props to Kiyadude
mcgrody_ani.gif

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]only 2 more games! 52 losses and counting!
gaaaaaahhhhh![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] :barf::gony:
[/FONT]