Lebron Motherf*cking James!

Red

TYPE-A
This thread is dedicated to...
well you know who! Only what will be one of the biggest free agent signings EVER!

Rivaling...

Babe Ruth
Alex Rodriguez
and
Reggie Jackson

I've read the back and forth about why LBJ will and won't join our Knicks next off season. One thing we all can agree on is nobody including James actually knows; we can only speculate but...

I'd rather take the glass half full approach. I will leave the debating up to you guys here but first a few quotes from some articles...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/columns/story?page=LeBronNY-100402

"It is another personality, even if it doesn't come out as often as his Akron-rooted sensibilities.
It is New York LeBron.
That's the James who gets in his jet to fly to New York to attend parties, restaurant openings or concerts on off nights during the season. It is the James who loves fashion, being on magazine covers and hanging out with Jay-Z, his mentor, who made a name for himself by conquering the New York music scene. It is the James who once said he wanted to earn a billion dollars and who has devoted his off-court time to developing business interests."

This article depicts the duality of LBJ's personality and his reluctance to commit to the Cavs.

After reading my immpression is this:

Cleveland is going so hard to please him that I feel they might actually sabotage themselves in the long run. The big spending, the catering, and the ceremonious coddling is expected but could lead to their demise. Which brings me to my next point.

If he stays a Cav AND they fail to win it all...
wont that be such a waste. A player of his talents might get everything under the sun except a guarantee of a champinonship. I think leave or stay- without a championship(s) it will all be wasted! A shame.

Next I thought...

If you (LBJ) thought living in Ohio is the "high-life" which all reports indicate he has perspective (see LBJ in NYC all the time) then NYC will knock your socks off- ask Derek Jeter. But it's more than that.

To me he has added pressure of not just winning but achieving "multiple" championships- since all the "great" ones have accomplished this. And even though it starts with one- he seems light years away from a Kobe or MJ at this point.

Which tells me...

LBJ should be considering what franchise has the best ability to contend over the life of his contract? We know about next year (since two years ago) but no one envisions the next two to five years.

We also know, as disfunctional as we've (NYK) have been, we will be able (not b/c of the salary cap) to dish out more cream unless the new agreement prevents that. No matter what the circumstance Cleveland will never be able to match Dolans cash flow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/columns/story?page=oconnor/lebron-james/100402

The above article is on what the allure of NY is.

"The conclusion

In the end, LeBron James won't be listening to Donnie Walsh or Leon Rose or Warren Buffett on this one. James will find the answer within, and not in the fine print of a Nike deal that doesn't offer a big-market bump.
He loves Cleveland yet also loves the Knicks fans who chanted for him to be league MVP and who stood and cheered for him when he dropped 50 on the home team.
"To get a standing ovation in the greatest basketball arena in the world is a dream come true for me," James said then.
He can live the dream night after night after night. He can own New York the way Jordan owned Chicago and Kobe owns L.A. He can be bigger than his cherished Yankees, bigger than everyone from No. 2 (Jeter) back to No. 3 (Ruth). "

At the end of the day...

I think LBJ is torn between his desires and he'd rather put off the career decisions until it is absolutely necessary. The fact that he even considers NY is promising to me but what's more positive is...

He could (as he has) give a valiant effort to his fans in Cleveland and become immortal if he achieves but...

if he fails that would logically mean something else...

that other teams in the East probably would be representing in the Finals. Teams like ORL or CHI.

How do you think he would feel if another East team won? Especially a team he could of been on? That to me would be the ultimate waste and slap to the face.

Dare I say one of those teams could (should) be the NYK's. Imagine.

So my philosophy is...

LBJ could win or lose, nothings gauranteed. But being here and losing is different than in Cleveland.

If he thinks they will go "all out" to produce a probable contender because it means so much to the fans of Cleveland...

wait til' he gets a whiff of the greates city in the worlds hunger. He aint seen nothing yet. Want to talk about spending, strategy & perks...

Cleveland is like a JV organization compared to us.

Roll with us or get rolled over. If you (LBJ) stay in Cleveland... losing to the Knicks will be the ultimate slap to the face.

The league needs you in NY more than NY does. We will continue to spend frivilously and knowing you will be there to try and stop us- we will put a team on the floor (eventually) that will make sure you regret not joining us when we extended our hand.

Where's all my optimists?!?

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks luring Lebron James away from the Cavaliers would be similar to the Europeans settlers stealing the New World from the American Indians.Think about the lives that would be devastated if Lebron leaves his team to go to the Knicks.Would you really want to be a Cleveland Cavalier's fan waking up on a nice sunny day in July to find out that Lebron James has signed with another team? Although I would love for the Knicks to sign Lebron, I wouldn't want to see the people in Cleveland get their hearts broken and go the rest of their lives having nothing to look forward to.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I think you pretty much said it, Red..

Deep down I think he [James], and everyone else in between [Knicks fans, Cavs fans, NBA fans, Nyers etc etc ] know that James coming to NY makes the most 'sense.' from a NBA business standpoint, to fitting with who James is/wants to be, and given the circumstances of salary space w Knicks...it's a perfect groundbreaking match for a super star...

imagine him being known as one of NY best ever in sports, as you say...Ruth, James,.. it'd be something he wouldn't wana pass up

James has been doing the same thing for the past 7 seasons, with the same 'just short' result... though, he'll undoubtedly win it eventually regardless of where he goes - this will be his big chance of his career to make the move, and do it to the mega city of NY, with perhaps a Johnson or Bosh etc..

Come July, Yanks will be winning, he'll have just lost / been knocked out of the playoffs, NY will be looking real nice [which reminds me, you all see him at the Yanks Sox game? :D ]... Will he be thinking, i'll stay here in Ohio doing the same thing w this glass ceiling Cavs, or head to the big city of NYC and givem something they've never seen before...

If they win - who knows what'll happen / if it'll be better/worse: i'm thinking he'll want to stay, though far from definite either way..

Biggest reason to think he'd stay if they lose is that he'd feel like he'd be letting team / city down [not simply cause he's from there] but bc he'll be walking away from the team w out a championship... which doesn't seem LeBron like.. though as we saw him storming off last yr, he's not afraid to express his feelings..

It just makes sense for James to come, at least for a few years... i think it'd make everyone happy if he told the cavs 'i'll be back' or something and went to NYC for 7 years then went back to ohio... he's too good a player, as you say, to be stuck in Cav land.. and he can't be expected to stay there his ENTIRE career because he's from there.. that's just ridiculous for anyone to expect of him.... he's clearly not shy about expressing his love for NY and the sports/lifestyle... he's a NYer... he wants to be a Knick..and i don't think there's much that can stop that.. though we'll see.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
If I had to analyze his position it's one of conflict from a personal and professional standpoint.

IMHO...Personally, his talents dictate he should be more than he is. In his mind "he is the best" but he hasn't any vendication [yet] and...

he choose to get married young, have kids etc... which means more responsibility and time he could of dedicated to being better and being a slut (if he choose) but he took the wholesome rout...

I see conflict in him... he sees the lifestyle of other "stars" "celebs" and equates that with being on top...

his mind though wants that but wants security also.

Same professionally...

he's conflicted. He's saying if I'm the best why haven't I won? I want more but I have loyalties (just like with his wife).

all in all Lebron seems logically conflicted- he wants it all, he feels he should be in control but circumstance says too many factors are out of his control like TEAMwork and makeup.

Next, his mind will tell him time is running out! Then comes the rationalization.

His mind will tell him first that he's in control but he needs a TEAM to win it all.

then while coping w/ the fact he really isn't in control- he will say he has to do what is best for him/ his family...

and naturally he will try and get both, by associating his success with his families needs- therefore to justify why he should leave (without guilt)

LBJ will find a way to convince himself NY is what's best for HIM & his family- from every standpoint. I.e...All it takes is 1 injury and it could END.

I just feel it... he will sign in New York! Its not about right or wrong, he simply wants to be here without backlash from Ohio.

In Ohio he's their savior. In NY he's the NBA savior and star he always dreamed of being. His mind will tell him- 7 years was enough, if it didn't work by now, it's not meant to be.

Don't get me wrong this is if he's as convinced of himself as we think. If he stays- he's not!

Red

TYPE-A
The Stars are Aligning!

My thoughts on last night...

1. LeBron... every star needs a side kick. A Robin to your Batman for those days when you don't have it. Where's your Robin? Well that could potentially be Bosh or Wade when you sing here with another coming next year. Talk about "big three"

2. LeBron... are you hurt? Injuries are part of the game- but you don't look that injured so what's up? You show flashes then look indecisive. What's the deal. NY wants you- don't f-up our opinion of you by tanking. That's weak.

3. I look for LBJ to have fire in his eyes come Thursaday.

4. What kind of appreciation and support your beloved Cleveland fans showed you. They left early and the ones who stayed actually had audacity to Boo you.

5. Is it over-exagerated to say our crowd will help you "will" your way through funks like this. In fact just the buzz in MSG will make Cleveland look like... well Cleveland Ohio.

6. Antwon Jamison isn't going to cut it. You need a real difference maker.

7. If LeBron stays... he will be viewed as one of the dumbest players ever... loyal though.

8. He's ours. I can feel it. We've suffered so much to think "Bron & Bosh" is what we deserve. And it's very possible.

So your thoughts... did he tank? is he hurt? does he know they suck? was he testing his teammates? can he not rise to the occasion? what's up. Is him being here next season more likely?

You see

You see the problem with Cleveland is that LeBron James, Antwan Jameson and Shaq (Well deffense wise) ARE the whole team. If we just signed LeBron and Bosh, THEY WOULD BE THE WHOLE TEAM!

The keysa to this off season are.....

1.What we need to do is keep Gallinari, Douglas, Chandler, Walker and keep Curry for trade assets/cap space.

2.Sign LeBron James at 16.5 with a 2 million dollar "Unlikely" Playoff bonus

3.Resign David Lee at 10.5 million

4.Draft a Center/PF and a PG with sallarys of 500,000 a piece

5.Take a look at Yao Ming, if he looks good try to sign him at the right price.

6.Keep Eddy curry for cap space.

7.Pick up Al Harrington for vets minimum

8.Pick up JR Giddens for Minimum

9.Pick up Earl Barron for minimum

So here is the starting lineup for your 2010-2011, New York Knicks!

PG: Toney Douglas
SG: LeBron James
SF: Danilo Gallinari
PF: David Lee
C: Yao Ming

BENCH

Willson Chandler
Bill Walker
Al Harrington
JR Giddens
Earl Barron
(Drafted Center)
(Drafted PG)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
My thoughts on last night...

1. LeBron... every star needs a side kick. A Robin to your Batman for those days when you don't have it. Where's your Robin? Well that could potentially be Bosh or Wade when you sing here with another coming next year. Talk about "big three"

2. LeBron... are you hurt? Injuries are part of the game- but you don't look that injured so what's up? You show flashes then look indecisive. What's the deal. NY wants you- don't f-up our opinion of you by tanking. That's weak.

3. I look for LBJ to have fire in his eyes come Thursaday.

4. What kind of appreciation and support your beloved Cleveland fans showed you. They left early and the ones who stayed actually had audacity to Boo you.

5. Is it over-exagerated to say our crowd will help you "will" your way through funks like this. In fact just the buzz in MSG will make Cleveland look like... well Cleveland Ohio.

6. Antwon Jamison isn't going to cut it. You need a real difference maker.

7. If LeBron stays... he will be viewed as one of the dumbest players ever... loyal though.

8. He's ours. I can feel it. We've suffered so much to think "Bron & Bosh" is what we deserve. And it's very possible.

So your thoughts... did he tank? is he hurt? does he know they suck? was he testing his teammates? can he not rise to the occasion? what's up. Is him being here next season more likely?

I think that he's earned the right not to be maligned for one bad game. Carrying role players for almost 100 games has gotta strain his back. Didn't watch the game, but heard about the boos.

Considering he does everything for that team, the fans are booing him.

Red

TYPE-A
I can't value Lee @ 10.5 over another legit "Star". We see what Jamison brings and it's not enough.

A real legit star is needed to pair above all else. To skip over Bosh or even Wade for Lee is a mistake IMO.

After those two- we need a defensive center and a PG facilitator for this offense. That's assuming TD doesn't improve his game.

Red

TYPE-A
I think that he's earned the right not to be maligned for one bad game. Carrying role players for almost 100 games has gotta strain his back. Didn't watch the game, but heard about the boos.

Considering he does everything for that team, the fans are booing him.

If you did see- the look on Browns face said it all. He had that "C'mon LeBron.... save us again... we need you b/c we have no other real viable options" look. It was a very mortal look from him and his team.

Are you saying you agreed w/ the booing (even though you didn't see/hear)? That was classless- almost like LBJ not congradulating Howard.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Are you saying you agreed w/ the booing (even though you didn't see/hear)? That was classless- almost like LBJ not congradulating Howard.

Sh!t no.

The fans booed him directly because he is the Cavaliers. If you boo the Cavs, you might as well put Lebron in the middle of the court and boo while the rest of the team hits the showers.

I can't value Lee @ 10.5 over another legit "Star". We see what Jamison brings and it's not enough.

A real legit star is needed to pair above all else. To skip over Bosh or even Wade for Lee is a mistake IMO.

After those two- we need a defensive center and a PG facilitator for this offense. That's assuming TD doesn't improve his game.

Personally I would rather have a All Star whos just breaking out as a star this year who hasnt missed a game all year for 10.5 million dollars...

Instead of a guy whos already on the top of his game (Which is just as good as Lee's BTW), Misses 15 games a year and demands maximum sallary.

You honestly think Bosh is worth the same money as LeBron James?? David Lee is just as good as bosh and is a BARGIN at 10.5 million.

Red

TYPE-A
Personally I would rather have a All Star whos just breaking out as a star this year who hasnt missed a game all year for 10.5 million dollars...

Instead of a guy whos already on the top of his game (Which is just as good as Lee's BTW), Misses 15 games a year and demands maximum sallary.

You honestly think Bosh is worth the same money as LeBron James?? David Lee is just as good as bosh and is a BARGIN at 10.5 million.

I can respect that.

But... do you think Bron would choose Lee over Bosh? After their relationship on the Olympic team? I don't.

Do you think Lee is better than Jamison? In this system (which must be taken into account)- I think its a wash- which means Lee isn't enough as Jamison isn't.

And finally, If Lee's stats and game are improving under D'Ant- why not assume Bosh would be better? That's fair right?

What if LBJ says "yeah I want Bosh" and it costs a max deal- you wouldn't do that for those two? You would pass? I don't think so.

Can you imagine Lee on the Cavs instead of Jamison. When LBJ was deffering to his team- you think Lee would have made a difference in the results compared to Jamison? I don't- thus Lee isn't enough to entice LBJ IMO. If we can keep him AFTER we get 2 maxs or if we can get Parker and 2 max's- Lee should be an after thought IMHO.

Scribbles

Rotation player
I almost cried in joy last night. That was as close as anything we have seen as proof that LeBron has packed it up.

Not because he had a bad game, that's excusable, but because he didn't even take the game into his hands. He was extremely passive. And moreover, his passion was deflated.

And for CLE to boo them...wow. That was more disrespectful than what Joe Johnson had to say about Hawks fans.

If he comes to the Knicks, LeBron might as well just buy the Knicks from the Dolans. LMAO He's not even here, and he's already making roster management. Shit, we might as well fire D'antoni and have him as Owner/Head Coach/Player.

Really bizarre that one player could hold that much power if he came to NY.

He'd be a complete dumbass to spurn this opportunity.

Scribbles

Rotation player
And as far as loyalty, I think that flew out the window after the booing.

Man CLE has some of the Dumbest fans ever.

Thanks trailer hicks.

I can respect that.

But... do you think Bron would choose Lee over Bosh? After their relationship on the Olympic team? I don't.

Do you think Lee is better than Jamison? In this system (which must be taken into account)- I think its a wash- which means Lee isn't enough as Jamison isn't.

And finally, If Lee's stats and game are improving under D'Ant- why not assume Bosh would be better? That's fair right?

What if LBJ says "yeah I want Bosh" and it costs a max deal- you wouldn't do that for those two? You would pass? I don't think so.

Can you imagine Lee on the Cavs instead of Jamison. When LBJ was deffering to his team- you think Lee would have made a difference in the results compared to Jamison? I don't- thus Lee isn't enough to entice LBJ IMO. If we can keep him AFTER we get 2 maxs or if we can get Parker and 2 max's- Lee should be an after thought IMHO.

I agree with you almost completely. Only thing is i think Lee is a better option because the money you save between signing him and bosh allows for another role player to go alongside of them, which could be a point guard or a center to play alongside at least Lebron, Danilo, and Lee for the first year, providing we don't make a deal with Curry's contract.

I can respect that.

I do think LeBron would rather have Bosh but I also think he wouldnt say no to the idea of working with DLee instead. I also think LeBron understands that with the money for Bosh, we could be getting two players that both have the same value as Bosh. But if LeBron says "Bosh comes with me or im not signing" then get the Paperwork!

I think Antwan Jameson is just as good as David Lee, except that Antwan is 33 and David Lee is 26. David Lee still has time to grow into an amazing player. Antwan has time to get injured and end up retiring in two years.

I dont think Tony Parker is leaving but if he is we could get him for Eddy Curry and Chandler or Walker.

Also Bosh may improve slightly in the D'Antoni system. But hes still going to miss 15 games a year.

And as far as loyalty, I think that flew out the window after the booing.

Man CLE has some of the Dumbest fans ever.

Thanks trailer hicks.
HAHA LeBron sounded like he was about to cry in the post game interview.

Reporter: LeBron how do you feal about the Cleveland fans booing you? I mean your own fans?

LeBron: Well um, I didnt plkay good and and thats fine if they want to boo me. Thats fine. Its ok. They can if they want to. They can scream about Shaq doing Horrible things to my mother thats ok. its alright, its fine.

LeBrons thoughts: Its okay LeBron dont cry...dont cry.....

8FOR!3

Rookie
I do think LeBron would rather have Bosh but I also think he wouldnt say no to the idea of working with DLee instead. I also think LeBron understands that with the money for Bosh, we could be getting two players that both have the same value as Bosh. But if LeBron says "Bosh comes with me or im not signing" then get the Paperwork!

I think Antwan Jameson is just as good as David Lee, except that Antwan is 33 and David Lee is 26. David Lee still has time to grow into an amazing player. Antwan has time to get injured and end up retiring in two years.

I dont think Tony Parker is leaving but if he is we could get him for Eddy Curry and Chandler or Walker.

Also Bosh may improve slightly in the D'Antoni system. But hes still going to miss 15 games a year.

No way San Antonio would take on Curry's contract for Wilson Chandler or Bill Walker. New York's only chance at TP would be 1st round draft picks that they don't have right now. =/ Even though I would love seeing Parker play for the Knicks as a Spurs fan who likes the Knicks.

Ya'll wouldn't like the other option you would have to give up for him.