Anybody Else Sick Of These Reasons Given For Players To Join The Knicks?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
First off, New York City is great, MSG is my favorite arena, etc. I just really don't like when fans go, "Why wouldn't they wanna play here, we're the mecca.We can make this player more rich in endorsements!"

I don't doubt all those things are an attraction, but it makes us look sad that we can't even say anything purely basketball related in order to attract big free agents.Let the GMs do the talking for that.I know that stuff is the reason why we have a good amount of hope this season, and I don't doubt those are reasons why a lot of players are considering New York, but I'd like this team to be looked at as a team for once and not a team that can only buy players.Hopefully we can build a nice team with smart decisions.

I don't have anything against the people saying those things by the way, so no offense.I know how long it's been!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What are you on about?

Clearing cap space and buying players was about all we had left to bring the Knicks back. Surely after 20 odd months you've realised that.

Let the GMs do the talking for that.I know that stuff is the reason why we have a good amount of hope this season, and I don't doubt those are reasons why a lot of players are considering New York, but I'd like this team to be looked at as a team for once and not a team that can only buy players.Hopefully we can build a nice team with smart decisions.

So you don't like to hear "mecca, mecca, mecca, money, money, money" but then you write this? Pick an opinion.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What are you on about?

Clearing cap space and buying players was about all we had left to bring the Knicks back. Surely after 20 odd months you've realised that.

So you don't like to hear "mecca, mecca, mecca, money, money, money" but then you write this? Pick an opinion.

What I'm saying is, a lot of people are like, SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.They're so in love with superstardom and everything, instead of showing any loyalty to players like Lee.It's not about NOT getting top player this offseason, but I really wish people on boards and offline would talk about hoping we become an attractive team because we're willing to make a good team to surround these players, not just buy making them comfy with wealth.This is strictly about fans, not about talking business.If you're Walsh, then YES, tell him about everything from a team standpoint and a business standpoint.

I like it when fans talk about us having good young players that could help a star for years to come.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
By the way, I understand if you think I'm confused with my opinion, as it's hard to describe what I'm saying online.I wish this team didn't set itself to where fans didn't feel like we had nothing to offer except for money and endorsements.

Kiyaman

Legend
First off, New York City is great, MSG is my favorite arena, etc. I just really don't like when fans go, "Why wouldn't they wanna play here, we're the mecca.We can make this player more rich in endorsements!"

I don't doubt all those things are an attraction, but it makes us look sad that we can't even say anything purely basketball related in order to attract big free agents.Let the GMs do the talking for that.I know that stuff is the reason why we have a good amount of hope this season, and I don't doubt those are reasons why a lot of players are considering New York, but I'd like this team to be looked at as a team for once and not a team that can only buy players.Hopefully we can build a nice team with smart decisions.

I don't have anything against the people saying those things by the way, so no offense.I know how long it's been!

"MAJOR Thread on the Knicks 2010 Plan"

u just made the number one (#1) major thread (POST) that every New York Sports Writer, Sports Announcer, and Knick-Fan been ducking to answer the past two years.

What does the (cap-space) teams with the major 2010 Plan in the Eastern Conference have to offer the top FA market players?
What are the top-15 FA players looking for this summer in the FA market?

1) New York Knicks has the biggest money making Market in the NBA.
2) Washington 2010 Plan has the Capital.
3) The Nets 2010 Plan has an early Lottery pick, Lopez, T.Williams, and Harris.
4) Chicago's 2010 Plan has D.Rose, Hinrich, and Deng.
5) Miami's 2010 Plan has D.Wade and Beasely

If u were one of the Top-10 2010 FA, wanting to play in the Eastern Conference for the next 5 seasons what team out of the 5 teams would have your interest the most in joining???

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, runningjumper. This thread is very underrated.

I think it is crazy to assume a player will come to the Knicks, solely on the location and the market.

The Knicks will have to prove to the top free agents that they intend on surrounding them with talent that can win basketball games. Otherwise, they'll just stay put on their current teams for a big contract, or they'll go to one of the other teams that are below the cap that they feel are serious about building talent.

The Knicks traded 3 first round picks(Jordan Hill, 2011 first round pick, 2012 first round pick) and they traded a lot of their leading scorers, so it is not going to be easy to attract a top free agent. I don't see any of the top free agents coming to the Knicks, except maybe Amare Stoudamire or Rudy Gay. And I think the Knicks would have to overpay them to sign them. And if they do sign them, it will still be a challenge to re-sign Lee or trade him for equal value.

quiggle

Starter
any player considering coming to New York only has to watch Randy Johnson's first run in with the media as a Yankee. he didn't last long here.

nk11

Benchwarmer
in my opinion, YES i love the knicks and want championship after championship for my city, but i dont want a player who comes here because of marketing and having a brolic billboard in times square lol. i miss the gritty nyc story of our 98 team that clawed its way to the finals with perfect pieces rather than guys that were the face of the nba.
if we get lebron, yea, id cheer for him but i dont want him. i want guys who care as much about our team and city as we do, not just a guy that needs a shoe deal.

that being said its what we have to offer free agents, im 20 now, i dont wanna grow old without seeing the knicks win a championship haha.