Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: NY Jets acquire '09 Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes

  1. #1
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default NY Jets acquire '09 Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    If it's only a 5th round draft pick that the Jets are giving up here, this will probably be one of the biggest steals in recent Jets history.With this trade they will probably be going from a very good team to a Super Bowl contender.The Jets offense will be a force to be reckoned with next season and if Mark Sanchez could improve, I don't see anybody stopping them.

  2. #2
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    If it's only a 5th round draft pick that the Jets are giving up here, this will probably be one of the biggest steals in recent Jets history.With this trade they will probably be going from a very good team to a Super Bowl contender.The Jets offense will be a force to be reckoned with next season and if Mark Sanchez could improve, I don't see anybody stopping them.
    yea nice steal being that Holmes was just suspended 4 games for substance abuse....probably steroids.

    The Jets are turning into the Cowboys...loads of talent but with some bad attitudes.

  3. #3
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Stop it Mike Tannenbaum...just stop it. Jesus Christ the Jets have reloaded big time this offseason....and they still have a 1st round draft pick on the way....

  4. #4
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    He is suspended for the 1st 4 games of the season, but I dont think itd make a difference.

    With the additions of Cromarte, LT, and Holmes, expectations are going to be ridiculously high...

  5. #5
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    that was a great pickup for you guys, dudes still young (26) and has alot of talent and is among the best receivers in the league, and could still get better.

    and i wouldnt be worried about the attitude thing because you guys got a strong locker room with tomlinson, and revis

    all in all great pickup, you guys going hard

  6. #6
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    He is suspended for the 1st 4 games of the season, but I dont think itd make a difference.

    With the additions of Cromarte, LT, and Holmes, expectations are going to be ridiculously high...
    Yes...very high..

    I'm expecting at least an AFC championship game(again) appearance...

  7. #7
    Member jrdrny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    SUPER BOWL WINNERS.

  8. #8
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jrdrny
    SUPER BOWL WINNERS.

    ummmmmm id have to disagree with that because of the COWBOYS!!

  9. #9
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    ummmmmm id have to disagree with that because of the COWBOYS!!
    The Cowboys have won a total of one playoff game in the last 14 years and you're picking them to win the Superbowl next season?

  10. #10
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    The Cowboys have won a total of one playoff game in the last 14 years and you're picking them to win the Superbowl next season?
    yup for a few reasons the team finally has something...chemisrty

    we have weapons on offense if we could stay healthy its arguably the best in the L and the 3 headed monster that is our run game, our defense is lights out aganist the run

    getting the chip off the shoulder was huge last year plus Romo taking huge steps forward with protecting the ball

    the superbowls in dallas next season......extra motivation??

    plus ima cowboys fan why wouldnt i pick em loll

    Cowboys vs Jets superbowl Cowboys win

    2012 superbowl champs Jets

Similar Threads

  1. all about the N.Y. JETS
    By KING~POETIQ in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2011, 20:19
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 01, 2009, 20:19
  3. Official Boxing Thread
    By metrocard in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: Aug 01, 2008, 21:19
  4. The Giants Ae In The Super Bowl !!!!
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2008, 18:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •