Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67

Thread: ESPN rates Dantoni's first 2 seasons as coach

  1. #31
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Video

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    To further your point on Dant, the Knicks snatched him up as a selling piece for free agents. Whether you support Dant or not, there is no denying his respect that he gets from stars around the NBA. He was just as much a part of 2010 plan as LeBron is. He has superstat draw, bad coach or not, so in my opinion, Walsh hired Dantoni to bring in talent and that has yet to seen. I agree with Trill and will reserve my judgement. Doc Rivers went from the worst record in the NBA to NBA champion. Doc Rivers is NOT a defensive minded coach as many label him. Tom Thibedeaux is the heart and sole of that Boston defensive coaching core. Which reminds me...did anyone read the rumor mill about Tom to the Knicks? I think our team would thrive with him on our staff.
    Really? so you think these two years of D'antoni will draw superstars to playing in NY? C'mon, he has shown, in my opinion, he lacks in every facet of the game. Steve Nash made the offense what it was in pheonix, it is clear to me that D'antoni had no part in it. I don't think it will be D'antoni which will be the lure for potential free agents to come to NY, I think it will be SOLELY TWO REASONS... 1) It'sNew York and 2)they can get MAX contracts.. The fact that D'antoni is the coach might hinder things if anything

  2. #32
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    What a convenient narrative....everything that goes wrong is D'antoni's fault but everything that goes right was bound to happen regardless of our coach. Nice! Might I suggest a career in politics?
    Agreed!!! Sounds like someone is looking for someone to point the finger at.
    Last edited by NYKnuniversity; Apr 14, 2010 at 11:36.

  3. #33
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    The fact that D'antoni is the coach might hinder things if anything
    I think some players might disagree with you...

    Originally Posted by Carlos_Boozer
    I love D'Antoni, he's the dope. Spending time with him in the Olympics, his offensive mindset is unbelievable. He's got the best plays I've ever been around -- on a whim. It's like rappers when they come out on the top of the dome with quotes. He's got plays in the back of his head with plays for that moment.

  4. #34
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    Really? so you think these two years of D'antoni will draw superstars to playing in NY? C'mon, he has shown, in my opinion, he lacks in every facet of the game. Steve Nash made the offense what it was in pheonix, it is clear to me that D'antoni had no part in it. I don't think it will be D'antoni which will be the lure for potential free agents to come to NY, I think it will be SOLELY TWO REASONS... 1) It'sNew York and 2)they can get MAX contracts.. The fact that D'antoni is the coach might hinder things if anything
    Do you watch Knicks basketball, or basketball at all for that matter? Mike D'Antoni exchanges hugs and keeps in contact with the NBA's elite including LeBron, Carmelo, and Kobe. Judging by your basketball knowledge you've displayed, you probably didnt even know tha Mike D was an Olympic assistant coach with all of the noted players. Kobe has stated publically that he admires D'ant, so much so that there was talk of Kobe joining the 2010 free agent class because of his ties with Mike D, and its obvious he has CLEAR connection with some of the NBA's elite.

  5. #35
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    CLEAR TIES

  6. #36
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I think some players might disagree with you...
    That would be really sad, if the Knicks traded 3 first round picks(Jordan Hill, 2011 pick, 2012 pick) and several scorers(Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson) for the sake of getting Carlos Boozer in 2010.

  7. #37
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I think I have to explain myself more clearly KIYAMAN. Cuz I think you and other are blinded by your hate for D'antoni.

    Now let's leave out Dantoni, cuz if he gets canned. Fine with me. Let's pretend he was fired already and they resign every single player on this team for a guaranteed 10 year contracts.

    ......you with me...........

    THERE IS NO COACH IN THIS WORLD, THAT CAN IMPROVE THIS TEAM. THERE IS NO COACH IN THE WORLD THAT WILL BRING THIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS. NONE. ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE LOCKED FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER AGE.

    YOU CANNOT WIN WITH DUHON AS YOU PG, LEE AS A SHORT ARMED CENTER.

    CANNOT WIN WITH HARRINGTON AS YOUR BEST SCORING THREAT. CANT WIN WITHOUT DEFENSIVE PLAYERS.

    PAT RIELY COULDNT COACH THIS TEAM, HELL HE HAD A TEAM WITH DWAYNE WADE ON IT AND THEY ARE NOT CONSIDERED ELITE, BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO PLAYERS BESIDES WADE.

    All you guys want is scapegoat. I hope they fire D'antoni and resign all these guys and hire a hall of fame coach (oh yea we did that with Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown).......

    KIYAMAN, dont give me that stupid article. YES HE FAILED. BUT HIS FAILING WAS INEVITABLE. WHy cant you people understand that. Anyone and I mean anyone who took this job 2 years ago was doomed.

    Im only frustrated at the fact that people feel that Dantoni is the main problem and not the players. A masterful carpenter cant build a table without adequate tools.

    Dont you think if Lebron and wade was here we would win alot more games. Ofcourse.

    Now if wanna talk championship, thats different. But we are no where near that. And I cant blame any coach in that position.

  8. #38
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    That would be really sad, if the Knicks traded 3 first round picks(Jordan Hill, 2011 pick, 2012 pick) and several scorers(Zach Randolph, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson) for the sake of getting Carlos Boozer in 2010.
    Well I dont care about losing Crawful or Z-bo, but I agree that only getting Boozer for three first round picks would be quite sad.

  9. #39
    Member Knicker23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    CT 203
    Posts
    430
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Dantoni's a respected coach among the players.... Donnie is a respected GM, these aren't questions..

    More than anything else, FA's being skeptical about NYC is going to come from the question of who will actually get signed and what the roster will look like... Everyone, including the players, know the Knick team roster won't look like it does, but what will it look like? It's not like we have a star that makes another star comfortable signing nice and quick...Like perhaps Paul Pierce in Boston for KG and Ray.. One person is going to have to step up and be the first to sign.. barring no talks between players/agents/teams of 'if you go i'll go' type stuff, which is probably bound to happen.

    Donnie will have to find a way to assure players that 'if you come, we can bring in...' so that the process can start... cause even though it's inevitable we get some talent, and everyone knows our salary cap position, who will end up going where is up in the air.. a good thing, and something to become hesitant about, hopefully for not too long though in our case...

  10. #40
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Do you watch Knicks basketball, or basketball at all for that matter? Mike D'Antoni exchanges hugs and keeps in contact with the NBA's elite including LeBron, Carmelo, and Kobe. Judging by your basketball knowledge you've displayed, you probably didnt even know tha Mike D was an Olympic assistant coach with all of the noted players. Kobe has stated publically that he admires D'ant, so much so that there was talk of Kobe joining the 2010 free agent class because of his ties with Mike D, and its obvious he has CLEAR connection with some of the NBA's elite.

    Okay your really gonna have to verify all this stuff for credibility. Seems like your just saying stuff just to be saying it.

    Note: Exchanging hugs with people when the camera is on isn't as meaningful as you think.

  11. #41
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    CLEAR TIES
    Are you kidding me? THIS is your reference?

    The only "ties" here is the fact that Kobe's DAD played with Dantoni in Italy. I'm pretty sure Kobe respects him as a fellow basketball figure, but I highly doubt he would sign to a team just because Dantoni is coaching it.

  12. #42
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Are you kidding me? THIS is your reference?

    The only "ties" here is the fact that Kobe's DAD played with Dantoni in Italy. I'm pretty sure Kobe respects him as a fellow basketball figure, but I highly doubt he would sign to a team just because Dantoni is coaching it.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    You should learn to READ in to posts instead of making BOLD assertions in CAPITAL letters.

    I was merely disproving lilman's point that D'Antoni would "hinder" 2010 plans "if anything".

    Clear succinct sources:

    Kobe Bryant: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)

    One of D'Antoni's biggest fans was the Lakers' Kobe Bryant, who grew up in Italy during the height of D'Antoni's European career. When Bryant entered the NBA with the Lakers in 1996, he chose to wear No.8 and it was widely reported that Bryant picked that number because D'Antoni once wore it with Olimpia Milano. -NY Daily News
    LeBron James: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    eBron was not shy about letting people know about how much he loves D'Antoni. "Asked about being around D'Antoni the past few days, James raved, "It's been great. He's one of the best coaches we have in the league. He's going to bring that style to the East Coast. And I'm very excited for him and very happy for him."

    "I have dreamed about playing well in this building," James said. "To me, it has overtaken anything I have dreamed about. To get a standing ovation in the greatest basketball arena in the world is a dream come true to me. It's one of the best things that have ever happened to me." - LeBron James
    Joe Johnson: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    We’ve got great history together,” he said of his relationship with D’Antoni, for whom he played three seasons in Phoenix, averaging 16.7 and 17.1 points the last two.

    “My career really took off with D’Antoni. He pretty much let me free-wheel out there on the court. He’s a great guy and I try to keep in contact with him and his coaching staff.”

    There seems to be a reoccuring admiration...wouldn't yuh say? No where in my post does it say that I think this admiration gets us our max guy, but I DO (see I can do capital letters for emphasis as well) believe that Mike D is not "hindering" any attempt at getting a max player. That much is obvious.
    Last edited by NYKnuniversity; Apr 14, 2010 at 19:08.

  13. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    18

    Thumbs down

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Do you watch Knicks basketball, or basketball at all for that matter? Mike D'Antoni exchanges hugs and keeps in contact with the NBA's elite including LeBron, Carmelo, and Kobe. Judging by your basketball knowledge you've displayed, you probably didnt even know tha Mike D was an Olympic assistant coach with all of the noted players. Kobe has stated publically that he admires D'ant, so much so that there was talk of Kobe joining the 2010 free agent class because of his ties with Mike D, and its obvious he has CLEAR connection with some of the NBA's elite.

    BULLSHUUUUUT!!!

  14. #44
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    BULLSHUUUUUT!!!
    All you have to do is READ the post above you.

  15. #45
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    You should learn to READ in to posts instead of making BOLD assertions in CAPITAL letters.

    I was merely disproving lilman's point that D'Antoni would "hinder" 2010 plans "if anything".

    Clear succinct sources:

    Kobe Bryant: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (BOTTOM OF THE PAGE)



    LeBron James: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Joe Johnson: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]




    There seems to be a reoccuring admiration...wouldn't yuh say? No where in my post does it say that I think this admiration gets us our max guy, but I DO (see I can do capital letters for emphasis as well) believe that Mike D is not "hindering" any attempt at getting a max player. That much is obvious.
    This post is damaging...lol. Kats called you out and you represented.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2008, 15:20
  4. Assistant Ford promoted to replace Ayers
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2004, 13:00
  5. Ewing, van Gundy's assistant
    By Swifftey in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 03, 2003, 07:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •