Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Duhon not returning-confirmed

Default Chris Duhon not returning-confirmed

Duhon's future

12:03PM ET
    Chris Duhon | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | Interested: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]?, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

After falling out of favor in the Knicks' rotation some this season -- as well as shooting 36.9 percent from the floor, his lowest mark since his rookie season -- it's unlikely [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] re-signs with the Knicks when his contract is up after the season.
    Especially when [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] a list of other point guards to bring in free agency.
    So where might Duhon find a new home? The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] points to both the Magic and Hornets today.
    Depth-chart wise, the Magic might make a little more sense. Both [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] are on expiring contracts, so Duhon could conceivably come in and backup [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] if neither of the other two re-sign.
    The Hornets have [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and rookie [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at the point, but it's possible they could trade Collison this summer to free up room for Duhon, as Collison proved he could be a solid starter while Paul sat with injuries this season.

They could trade Collison to us I think this right here would be the absolute best thing that could happen for us....IF everything goes right. (We are NOT getting James)

Curry
    Chandler

for
    Okafor
    Collison

We draft Lance Stephenson and, let's say we get lucky and get Jerome Jordan too..
    then sign Bosh (or Lee) and get a swingman, LeBron, Wade, Johnson, or Gay. let's just assume Johnson...We bring Barron and Walker back too

Collison/Douglas
    Johnson/Stephenson
    Gallo/Walker
    Bosh (or Lee)/Barron
    Okafor/Jordan

Hm?
    Last edited by StreetDreams21; Apr 15, 2010 at 18:06.

Veteran

Collison is way too good to give up for an ailing Wilson Chandler...

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Collison is way too good to give up for an ailing Wilson Chandler...
    New Orleans needs capspace, that's why they do that trade. They are essentially saving 11 million over the next 3 years because of that.

Wait, free up room for Chris Duhon?LOL

Right.Let go of Collison for him.Uh huh

Don't underestimate the power of money to a franchise that's spent WAY too much for worsening results. Next season is a write off for them after their moronic trade for Okafor.

There's been talk of going after Paul now that Collison has shown some real ability and I don't think that's too unlikely if we were to take a combination of either Okafor, Peja and Posey off their hands.

We still have the rite to S&T Harrington as well.

The strong prey on the weak. We, to them, are an escape route. Collison is definitely a possibility and Paul can't be considered a non possibility either.

Veteran

I'd definitely prefer Collison over Paul myself, oddly enough.

If we give them Eddy Curry's contract and Wilson Chandler for Collison and Okafor (learning more about Okafor's contract makes me think that they might just be willing to dump Collison just to give them the salary cap relief, man his contract really is terrible), that fills two of the holes we need - a point guard, and a shotblocking center.

If we had a shotblocking center in Okafor and a good PG in Collison, then we could choose to re-sign David Lee (I'm really not convinced that Chris Bosh is that much better than Lee so as to be worth signing - and I'm DEFINITELY not sold on signing Amare to a max contract). If we signed Okafor and Lee we'd just need that one more player to really make this team into one of the top teams in the league. Imagine a rotation like this?

PG - Collison
    SG - Dwyane Wade
    SF - Danilo Gallinari
    PF - David Lee
    C - Emeka Okafor

That just makes me drool...

Veteran

Alternatively, there's the move where we could send Eddy Curry to Charlotte in exchange for DeSagana Diop's contract and DJ Augustin.

Either way, there are tons of options - I never quite realized how valuable Curry's expiring contract could be....

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Alternatively, there's the move where we could send Eddy Curry to Charlotte in exchange for DeSagana Diop's contract and DJ Augustin.

Either way, there are tons of options - I never quite realized how valuable Curry's expiring contract could be....
    ok Curry's contract hasone year left and DeSagana Diop's contract is like Jared Jeffries' all over again....many years at a high price....way over priced.

Getting Diop would tank so much money. He is not worth it.

^

Same goes for the under-sized Okafor.

those duke kids are worthless.

I'm not as opposed to Okafur as some. I think D'Antoni's system in Phoenix worked best when he had Kurt Thomas at Center. Okafur, in many ways, could play Thomas' role here. A good defender/rebounder/shot-blocker that can hit the mid-range jumper in the pick-and-roll.

Granted, his contract is awful. But that is what we will have to take for Curry. We just need production and a hole filled.

Could Okafur and Lee play well together in this system? Possibly. I think so. We would definitely kill on the boards. But if Gallo can work on his strength and conditioning over the summer, it is possible he would be a better fit in this system at PF matched with Okafur at Center.

i rather let Curry's contract expire than trade for centers that are equally as fragile and injury prone than Curry. I'm sick and tired of the Knicks getting useless centers that sit on the bench 90% of the time. For some reason the Knicks have really bad luck on centers like the blazers. If they can't get anyone this season we can always wait till next season. I can endure the Knicks losing one more season, I've already waited this long.

Originally Posted by XH20X
    i rather let Curry's contract expire than trade for centers that are equally as fragile and injury prone than Curry. I'm sick and tired of the Knicks getting useless centers that sit on the bench 90% of the time. For some reason the Knicks have really bad luck on centers like the blazers. If they can't get anyone this season we can always wait till next season. I can endure the Knicks losing one more season, I've already waited this long.
    Huh? Okafur has played all 82 games the last 3 seasons. Career stats of 13.3 pts, 10.3 rebs and 1.8 blks. Not amazing but solid. I would take that over watching Curry sit on the bench.

And although I admire your patience, New York will not have the same patience. Heck, half of this site wanted D'Antoni fired 6 games into this season. New York will not stand for another losing season and Donnie knows this. He will get somebody this summer or else he'll be fired.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Huh? Okafur has played all 82 games the last 3 seasons. Career stats of 13.3 pts, 10.3 rebs and 1.8 blks. Not amazing but solid. I would take that over watching Curry sit on the bench.
    Ok, you are correct on this point, although I wasn't stating Okafor explicitly. I was stating any injury prone centers, like the one mentioned above Diop.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And although I admire your patience, New York will not have the same patience. Heck, half of this site wanted D'Antoni fired 6 games into this season. New York will not stand for another losing season and Donnie knows this. He will get somebody this summer or else he'll be fired.
    First of all, you know that any coach in the nba cannot coach this team to the playoffs so I dont blame D'antoni for not making it. Second of all, its definitely not a guarentee that we will have a good center. We might end up with Barron. Third, its also not a guarentee that we won't have another losing season, if we have a crap team we will have a crappy record.