Allen Iverson

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lord forbid that we get a quasi washed up nut bar. Are we not looking to move forward? Is Iverson not moving backward at Usain Bolt's pace? I couldn't agree less that Iverson would be a good pick up for NY.

GetRealistic

Starter
I love the guy, but if we somehow signed AI that would be the 2010 offseason was a complete failure. I could see him maybe signing with a team in late Jan to give them scoring on the bench but his great career is over.

XH20X

Rookie
maybe on a vets minimum, i think he can still do a lot of good things, it's his off the court fiascos that destroy team comradery and chemistry that im most concerned with. I know in his heart he still wants to win and show the world what he can do.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
no way would this ever happen.. the old Knicks would sign him to a lucrative deal and he'd rot on the bench, disrupt the lockeroom or injure himself the 2nd week.. we've learned from the few that have come through not to go down that road..

Knicks will be a fresh young team, AI would be nothing but trouble.

clumsy

Rotation player
we should sign Reggie Miller and Allan Houston next year.

Also we should sign David Robinson, Dikembe Mutombo, and Hakeem Olajuawon. That is a step in the right direction.

didn't work with starbury... so i'm not sure why there would be any more optimism for AI.

at this point, he's no longer the answer.

he's the problem.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
If we can get him cheap, then why not? he would make a good sixth man off the bench.

And don't give me that "oh, he's not going to be willing to change his role".. that's BS. Many hall of famers have before, so I think Iverson can as well.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If we can get him cheap, then why not? he would make a good sixth man off the bench.

And don't give me that "oh, he's not going to be willing to change his role".. that's BS. Many hall of famers have before, so I think Iverson can as well.

Well he's proved to be a willing passer.And he's proven that money isn't a big factor anymore.I don't know if he's willing to come off the bench though.I think he'd start on this team anyway if we don't get a PG.

Sage

Rotation player
I've always thought Iverson was a great player and had the sort of heart I'd expect from Knicks. Would love to see him in a NY jersey but it's years too late now.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I've always thought Iverson was a great player and had the sort of heart I'd expect from Knicks. Would love to see him in a NY jersey but it's years too late now.
Agreeeeed. Would have been awesome if we snatched him away from Philly years ago, but now it's much too late for that. His career has been derailed and doesn't appear to have any signs of repair anytime soon.

ALLEN IVERSON WAS NEVER AN EXCEPTIONAL PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. He's a career 42% shooter from the field. ANYONE IN THE NBA CAN SCORE 30 POINTS ON 30 SHOTS!! AI is garbage and if you think the knicks should acquire him now you should think about committing suicide, seriously.

XH20X

Rookie
ALLEN IVERSON WAS NEVER AN EXCEPTIONAL PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. He's a career 42% shooter from the field. ANYONE IN THE NBA CAN SCORE 30 POINTS ON 30 SHOTS!! AI is garbage and if you think the knicks should acquire him now you should think about committing suicide, seriously.

Ok, with this statement you are probably the most clueless basketball fan out there. It's not about points or field goal percentage that makes him a great player. He is almost always top 10 in assist and steals. He always puts the defense on edge, requires double teams, clutch shots etc. Great basketball players have this aura about them that makes even average basketball players surrounding them raise their level of play. Of course, this was when he was in his prime. He was 6 feet and he averaged 30ppg, that is a feat pretty hard to do. I bet even if you take 100 shots per game u cant get 30 points in the nba.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Your clueless. If all you can speak of in regards to his career is the fg% then you really have no idea who AI is.

LOL i dont think you know who AI is. He's got heart, and that is great, but theres a reason no one wanted to help him win a championship. I said ANY NBA PLAYER could score 30 per game. Fact is, he hurt his teams by hucking so much and for that reason I don't consider his scoring numbers as impressive as they appear to be and that is undeniably what he is credited for. He's a self-promoter and not a team player, more of a thug than a professional.

If he was so damn good, why did he only get to one nba finals? Good players in the NBA win.

nyk_nyk

All Star
LOL i dont think you know who AI is. He's got heart, and that is great, but theres a reason no one wanted to help him win a championship. I said ANY NBA PLAYER could score 30 per game. Fact is, he hurt his teams by hucking so much and for that reason I don't consider his scoring numbers as impressive as they appear to be and that is undeniably what he is credited for. He's a self-promoter and not a team player, more of a thug than a professional.

If he was so damn good, why did he only get to one nba finals? Good players in the NBA win.

I believe Barkley only got to one NBA finals so I guess he sucks too right?

Here are some facts you probably don't know about AI:

Your don't accomplish these things by just having heart. Lesson over.

Oh and BTW, what makes AI a "Thug"? Please answer.