Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: ESPN Sophmore Rankings

  1. #31
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    What does pot calling the kettle black mean? Sorry for interrupting the discussion between you basketball scholars.I sincerely apologize.
    You're honestly THEE most annoying poster on this site.

  2. #32
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    include these teams in the hunt for a top FA too..... Nets, Heat, Wizards, Bulls, Clippers and Timberwolves.
    Having the money and none of the top-6 FA wanting to be apart of the chaos new regime Knicks makes alot of sense to u.

    Gallo 34 mpg as a starter with the greenlight to shoot anytime or anywhere he want to within those 34 minutes, got Gallo into the rook/solphmore allstar game, and the chance to become a 20 point scorer this season.
    How many rookies and 2nd season players were given the same oportunity from their God father coach?

    u didnt get the memo before the start of the season "Gallo is the best shooter I ever seen"......meaning what? meaning Gallo was going to have the greenlight to shoot 10 to 15 shot attempts per game.
    Here we go again with the whining and complaining....

    NOTHING YOU SAY IS FACTUAL!!!!

    All you do is whine and complain about player's playing time, and how certain players deserve X amount of playing time, when in reality you should be focusing on what ACTUALLY happened.

    Fact. You cannot say with ANY certainty whatsoever that "any other player" playing 34 MPG would achieve the same stats as Gallo. You're literally spewing random bull**** out like it's your job. Who knows if Anthony Morrow, Roy Hibbert, or Jason Thompson would be averaging the same stats...because guess what??? THEY DIDN'T PLAY 34 minutes!!! That's the reality of the situation, that you so conveniently choose to neglect (as always).

    Normally a Knick's fan would be excited to see one of their own being noted for their improvement this year, yet you scramble AGAIN for whiny bitchass excuses as to why Gallo is being credited.

    Your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous. With your logic, I could legitimately say the only reason why Yi Jianlian doesn't average the same numbers as LeBron James is because he doesn't receive 44 mpg....He's a lottery pick right??? Can't I compare them because they both were lottery picks????

    All of this nonsense is starting to get out of hand. You should be happy a player on our team was noted for his efforts this season. It shows that this season wasn't COMPLETELY worthless. But instead you choose to whine and make excuses, and for what? To discredit the growth of our team? To discredit the growth of a key part of our future? To cry and bitch about the past?

    It's getting sad. The number of whiny, bitchy excuses you use to discredit every move by the Knick's in the right direction almost exceeds the stubbornness you possess.

    Talk about a joke....

  3. #33
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Here we go again with the whining and complaining....

    NOTHING YOU SAY IS FACTUAL!!!!

    All you do is whine and complain about player's playing time, and how certain players deserve X amount of playing time, when in reality you should be focusing on what ACTUALLY happened.

    Fact. You cannot say with ANY certainty whatsoever that "any other player" playing 34 MPG would achieve the same stats as Gallo. You're literally spewing random bull**** out like it's your job. Who knows if Anthony Morrow, Roy Hibbert, or Jason Thompson would be averaging the same stats...because guess what??? THEY DIDN'T PLAY 34 minutes!!! That's the reality of the situation, that you so conveniently choose to neglect (as always).

    Normally a Knick's fan would be excited to see one of their own being noted for their improvement this year, yet you scramble AGAIN for whiny bitchass excuses as to why Gallo is being credited.

    Your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous. With your logic, I could legitimately say the only reason why Yi Jianlian doesn't average the same numbers as LeBron James is because he doesn't receive 44 mpg....He's a lottery pick right??? Can't I compare them because they both were lottery picks????

    All of this nonsense is starting to get out of hand. You should be happy a player on our team was noted for his efforts this season. It shows that this season wasn't COMPLETELY worthless. But instead you choose to whine and make excuses, and for what? To discredit the growth of our team? To discredit the growth of a key part of our future? To cry and bitch about the past?

    It's getting sad. The number of whiny, bitchy excuses you use to discredit every move by the Knick's in the right direction almost exceeds the stubbornness you possess.

    Talk about a joke....
    all that writing to say nothing about facts.....what is a fact is this season was know different from coach Larry Brown (DNP) season and coach Isiah Thomas (DNP) season. Thats Fact....trying writing facts rather than favoritism.

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    You're honestly THEE most annoying poster on this site.
    NYKuniversity.....u are the poster becoming annoying.
    It's one thing to agree or disagree, but the annoying insults b/c a poster have a differ opinion than u......makes u an annoying poster.

    Your boy Gallo is going through a developing stage from Euro B-Ball to NBA B-Ball.
    Rookie Douglas and Jordan Hill were suppose to be going through a developing stage from college B-Ball to NBA B-Ball.

    Here's where the developing process of Douglas, Hill, and Gallo, alongside of expiring-contract players went wrong......
    Damntoni DNP SG-Larry Hughes at the start of the season to give Gallo 30 mpg. Wilson Chandler is not a SG on any team in the NBA!!!

    PG-Douglas vs Duhon's poor performance
    SG-Hughes and Nate were DNP
    SF-Gallo vs Harrington & Chandler's dominating performance
    PF-Hill vs Jefferies & Bender's lackadasical performance
    C-Lee took it upon himself to develope his double-double skills for next season when he signs with the next-team, inwhich he wont be asked to play the center position.

    Knick-fans were not allowed to see a lineup of "Darko & Lee" in the frontcourt with SF-Harrington or SF-Chandler. Or a "Hill & Lee" frontcourt with SF-Harrington or SF-Chandler.

    All the Knicks expiring-contract players wanted to make the playoffs so their FA value would rise.....but Damntoni was only interested in one player on the Knicks this season "His Godson Gallo"...

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The playing of DuDonkey was perplexing, tho until Serg I don't know...I'd still rather have seen Eddie there and have him dish for comedic sake. DuHound was a joke already.

    I wanted N8 to start vs. DuHound.

    The one bi blight I find with D'Antoni is his PUTRID handling of Darko...

    Darko lit i up in every way WE most needed with the Wolves. And, this
    meant we coulda had Lee play PF...sighs...

  6. #36
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    all that writing to say nothing about facts.....what is a fact is this season was know different from coach Larry Brown (DNP) season and coach Isiah Thomas (DNP) season. Thats Fact....trying writing facts rather than favoritism.
    Fact. You ignored everything I posted (as always).

    Fact. You said that players like Jason Thompson, Anthony Morrow, and Roy Hibbert would be averaging better numbers if they were given the same amounts of playing time as Gallo. Talk about favoritism....

    Fact. How does that have any merit considering those players DIDN'T PLAY THAT AMOUNT OF PLAYING TIME. There is literally no way to tell what their numbers would have looked like. Heck, there could have been an injury or two that hindered their stats completely. Stating your opinion is one thing, but claiming it to be fact in an argumentative setting is flawed.

    I wrote facts, you just chose to neglect them.

  7. #37
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    NYKuniversity.....u are the poster becoming annoying.
    It's one thing to agree or disagree, but the annoying insults b/c a poster have a differ opinion than u......makes u an annoying poster.

    Your boy Gallo is going through a developing stage from Euro B-Ball to NBA B-Ball.
    Rookie Douglas and Jordan Hill were suppose to be going through a developing stage from college B-Ball to NBA B-Ball.

    Here's where the developing process of Douglas, Hill, and Gallo, alongside of expiring-contract players went wrong......
    Damntoni DNP SG-Larry Hughes at the start of the season to give Gallo 30 mpg. Wilson Chandler is not a SG on any team in the NBA!!!

    PG-Douglas vs Duhon's poor performance
    SG-Hughes and Nate were DNP
    SF-Gallo vs Harrington & Chandler's dominating performance
    PF-Hill vs Jefferies & Bender's lackadasical performance
    C-Lee took it upon himself to develope his double-double skills for next season when he signs with the next-team, inwhich he wont be asked to play the center position.

    Knick-fans were not allowed to see a lineup of "Darko & Lee" in the frontcourt with SF-Harrington or SF-Chandler. Or a "Hill & Lee" frontcourt with SF-Harrington or SF-Chandler.

    All the Knicks expiring-contract players wanted to make the playoffs so their FA value would rise.....but Damntoni was only interested in one player on the Knicks this season "His Godson Gallo"...
    Again you become the hypocrite. I exploited your obvious skepticism about unanimously progressive and GOOD things happening to the Knicks with insults because it is frustrating to see a supposed "fan" hating on my team's every move, and YOU'RE the one with the insults.

    They say compromise is key, yet you can't cut the Knicks' management ANY slack. Even when a player of ours is ranked highly on a analysts list of sophomore players, you still find a way to argue your opinion about D'Antoni and about how Gallo is horrible.

    When are you going to get it???? Our team is a work in progress. Barring the mistakes our management has made over the past decade, we have a bright future ahead of us with our cap space, Gallo, Will, and Douglas.

    Your points about D'Antoni don't belong on this thread...yet you assert them wherever you post. Talk about annoying....

    You've gone over it 100 times...we understand your point of view. We were open minded at first, but posting it on threads that have nothing to do with DNPing Larry Hughes and Jordan Hill is what I call "annoying".

    "Chandler's dominating performance"
    Anyone that calls Wilson Chandler's performance at ANY point in his career "dominating" looses all credibility with me. Weren't you arguing that Will was a 3rd or 4th option earlier??? Will is damn good. But his stats back up the fact that he is in no way "dominant".

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Angry

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    Anyone that calls Wilson Chandler's performance at ANY point in his career "dominating" looses all credibility with me. Weren't you arguing that Will was a 3rd or 4th option earlier??? Will is damn good. But his stats back up the fact that he is in no way "dominant".
    now u r making stuff up.....

    your very new here.....my Knick starting lineup 2 years ago in the 2008-9 season had Wilson Chandler in it as our upcoming future star SF.
    Nate Robinson as our prime future 6th man combo-guard.
    David Lee as our prime future starting PF.
    Balkman Tazman was suppose to be our Big-SF (Birdman) off the bench to add depth in rebounding, screening, passing, and speed in our transition game.

    What dont u understand.....Chandler is not a SG so he will not dominate at the SG position, especially when his handle is that of a SF. Just b/c Chandler can defend SG and PF does not make him one.

    Gallo overall talent and trade-worth is no where as high as Harringtons or Chandler in the NBA. Get that through your thick head...

  9. #39
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    now u r making stuff up.....

    your very new here.....my Knick starting lineup 2 years ago in the 2008-9 season had Wilson Chandler in it as our upcoming future star SF.
    Nate Robinson as our prime future 6th man combo-guard.
    David Lee as our prime future starting PF.
    Balkman Tazman was suppose to be our Big-SF (Birdman) off the bench to add depth in rebounding, screening, passing, and speed in our transition game.

    What dont u understand.....Chandler is not a SG so he will not dominate at the SG position, especially when his handle is that of a SF. Just b/c Chandler can defend SG and PF does not make him one.

    Gallo overall talent and trade-worth is no where as high as Harringtons or Chandler in the NBA. Get that through your thick head...
    Where did I say that I thought Chandler WAS a shooting guard? You can look back through all my posts, but I've never said such a thing. I've stated my support for Gallo, but that doesn't necessary denounce my support for Chandler. I think the two can coexist actually, with one of them coming off the bench as a decent 6th man. Whether it is Gallo or Will, it doesn't really matter. They both will get ample playing time, so why should I care?

    Further, you continue to ignore what I posted EARLIER (the on topic part) and instead chose to focus on something completely irrelevant to the big picture.

    How are you going to respond to what I asserted? I'm still waiting for your reasoning behind calling people out for being off-topic, yet you talk about D'Antoni's playing time decisions and the PAST faults of the Knick's management in EVERY SINGLE thread, whether the thread be about Gallo, the Draft, or even the PLAYOFFS which you claim we would have made even though there is no facts that ASSURE that would be the case.

    Last I checked, this thread was about Gallo's ACHIEVEMENT, in which he was named a top 10 sophomore in the NBA. Like i've stated earlier, a true Knick fan would be happy a player of ours is getting exposure and analysts around the league are taking notice to his growth and maturation, transitioning from Euroball to the NBA. No one here is trying to refute your playing time opinions (on this thread in particular...).

    My problem with you is not your opinions on D'Antoni. You're entitled to what you think, and to some extent I agree that D'antoni made several errors with the handling of certain players (Darko, Hill, Douglas, Duhon), but c'mon man...really?? Are we really dwelling on what ALREADY occured? I mean things like the topic of this thread should EXCITE you!! Even if you're not a Gallo supporter, it should atleast comfort you to know that we have some TALENT on this squad. Whether it be Will, Gallo or Douglas, I'd be happy with the recognition of each of their growth, and I think everyone one here would agree with me on that.

    I'm sure you have basketball knowledge, but you're denying yourself the ability to showcase it because you're caught up on this playing time issue that already occurred. Our season is over!! We're going to have all new players in the locker room of MSG next season. Things like this shouldn't upset you. With the new squad next year, we'll be shifting things around plenty. Who knows if Chandler will be playing SG still, or if Lee is even back at all. That all remains to be seen.

    In the meantime, I don't mean to be a hater or anything, it's just irritating to find you complaining about irrelevant, off-topic issues in EVERY single thread I look through. I'm sure you have more to say than just simply bashing on Gallo and Mike D.

  10. #40
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnuniversity
    You're honestly THEE most annoying poster on this site.
    Why? Because I asked a question? Because if you're a Knick fan you have to act tough, cool and macho in order to fit in with the rest of the intellects on here? Oh please, it's not my fault that I easily piss off the squares and certain people that come here just to talk about a team that most likely isn't going anywhere in the next few years.No need to be tender-hearted about what I post.If you don't like it, don't read it and if you can't resist it, go take a 35 minute walk around the block or go drink a beer.I really shouldn't have to defend myself for being myself.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Apr 20, 2010 at 17:23.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    damn foolio, seems like nobody likes your ass around here lol

  12. #42
    Member NYKnuniversity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    490
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Alej_Correa
    damn foolio, seems like nobody likes your ass around here lol

    Well considering most of this site is men, i hope that no one likes my ass...

    Feels to good to be a fan of the Knicks. I'm sure you wouldn't know because your team is apprently coached by our GM

    Originally Posted by alej_correa
    donnie you have made yet another great move? it took donnie the whole season to finally put the kid in! he should have been playing him alot earlier. that was one of the things i hated most about dantoni this season..how is a rookie supposed to develop when you dont give him playing time..now that theres a month left in the season he decides to put him in! imagine how much more t.doug would have developed this season if he had more playing time..so yeah thanks alot donnie hahaha
    ouch...Donnie D'Antoni must be a stupid coach!!!

    Foolio out.

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    haha so what haha i messed up haha
    foolio out? lol!
    your such a douchebag hahaha

  14. #44
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by BringHoopinHome2010
    He should do a Viagra ad.
    Holy **** how funny would that be!!

  15. #45
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by dre48ny
    Holy **** how funny would that be!!
    LMAO

    opens with D' assholio in bed under the covers

    DA: Im sorry baby, I just can't get it goin tonight.

    Tdog shouts from other room

    TD: ***** you can Neva get it goin! We only got 29 wins this season you micky mouse lookin motha ****a! That ain't even 30!

    DA: God damn it Toney go to sleep!

    (Steve Nash pops out from under the covers)

    Nash: it's allright baby, maybe next week.

    ( the phone rings)

    DA: hello? Oh hey Donnie how's it goin? What?!? No! Are you ****in me? We got him?

    D'assholio hangs upthe phone and jumps on Steve Nash




    Viva, viva, LeBron!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Sophmore Rankings ESPN.com
    By knickzrulezH20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2009, 19:13
  2. Sophmore Rankings
    By TunerAddict in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2009, 21:43
  3. ESPN Power Rankings
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 10, 2006, 18:52
  4. ESPN Power Rankings
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2004, 16:36
  5. Marc Stein's ESPN Power Rankings
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 21, 2004, 19:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •