Playoff Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
The 2010 Playoffs have finally arrived and we are under the cap to trade where salaries dont have to match for any high price player that did'nt make the playoffs or want to leave his team after the playoffs. Not to mention we have money for the FA market class.
Here's my list of the First Round Series:

Lakers & OKC will be a great series to watch.....veteran stars vs young upcoming stars. I know the Lakers could handle OKC in 5 games but I'm hoping for 7 games.

Nuggets vs Jazz will be an upset.....the Nuggets bumb into the wrong team for the first round.
I'm going with the Nuggets b/c no-strategy playoff coach Karl is injured. 8 Games.

Suns vs Blazers I always looked at Channing Frye as a young Camby. Suns in 5 Games.

Mavs vs Spurs will be two 2nd round playoff teams battling all 8 games for the win.
The Spurs getting knocked off in the first-round..... is hard to believe.
The Mavs getting knocked off in the first round after adding super weapons this season....is hard to believe.

Cavs vs Bulls will probably be the only SWEEP in this playoffs.....I still dont understand how the Bulls can let SG-Ben Gordon, SG-Salmon, and even inconsistent SG-Hughes, go to the next team. Cavs in 4 Games.

Celtics vs Heat will be a the "Hottest" playoff game to watch.
Boston slick ..ss planned this series to make it three in a row seasons of having the highest top ratings in the first round. Will D.Wade and his short bench suprise Boston's long-depth-bench in this series? I doubt it, but the excitement and best highlights will be in this series.
Celtics in 7 Games.

Hawks vs Bucks WTF! Jamal Crawful in the playoffs? with no Bogut and only Kurt Thomas holding things down this will be an easy walk in the park for the Hawks. The Bucks owe big-thanks to a creative rookie Brandon Jennings season. Hawks in 5 Games.

Magic vs Bobcats will center on coach Charlie Brown this guy still wants all the publicity.
His career legend still hold fame as being the coach that will get any team into the playoffs in his 2nd season.
But will coach Charlie Brown finally use his deep depth bench this season in this playoff series vs coach SVG long rotation bench? if he do the Magic got a helluva challenge on their hands in this series.
Will Larry Hughes just play defense (on Nelson & Carter) and let Jackson & Gerald do all the scoring? Magic in 8 games.

Do the Knicks have a chance at the 2010 FA that lose in the first round???
Walsh better get on it the day after the series is over

P.S. When the Knicks first came up with the idea of a 2010 FA Plan.....
my thoughts were if any Super-Star leave the team that drafted them in 2010 FA it would be on a "sign and trade" deal. Why?

A Super-Star player do not need the bad publicity that will come from his former team if the organization got nada at the FA departure.
Agents and Endorsement companies (Nike) would not promote such a departure.
Which makes Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan a Joke (my bad Walsh has David Lee Agent on the same-page, since he did'nt trade him for the 2008 5th pick LOL).

KBlack25

Starter
my thoughts were if any Super-Star leave the team that drafted them in 2010 FA it would be on a "sign and trade" deal. Why?

A Super-Star player do not need the bad publicity that will come from his former team if the organization got nada at the FA departure.
Which makes Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan a Joke (my bad Walsh has David Lee Agent on the same-page, since he did'nt trade him for the 2008 5th pick LOL).

Jesus H. Mother-f'ing Christ.

Newsflash: NOBODY DOES SIGN AND TRADE DEALS ANYMORE.

Why? Because teams realized they got pennies on the dollar (see: a conditional 2nd rounder for Rashard Lewis) to help a guy get paid more. The reason sign and trades exist is because of the Larry Bird Rules, the home team can pay him more, and then trade him. But teams began realizing "Wait a minute, why are we doing this guy who wants to leave us a favor?"

A super-star player doesn't need bad publicity for leaving a team as an FA and no sponsor would support it? REALLY?

Steve Nash?
Alex Rodriguez?
Mark Teixeira?
Jason Giambi?
Jason Bay?
Tracy McGrady?

Any press is good press...Endorsement people care about the bottom line: can they make dollars!!!!!! All that matters is that the player is good, to think that the endorsement company actually gives two shits about the Cleveland Cavaliers and whether they get something back for LeBron is beyond idiotic. I refuse to believe you are really this thick...just admit you hate Walsh and everything he does and this can all be settled.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jesus H. Mother-f'ing Christ.

Newsflash: NOBODY DOES SIGN AND TRADE DEALS ANYMORE.

Why? Because teams realized they got pennies on the dollar (see: a conditional 2nd rounder for Rashard Lewis) to help a guy get paid more. The reason sign and trades exist is because of the Larry Bird Rules, the home team can pay him more, and then trade him. But teams began realizing "Wait a minute, why are we doing this guy who wants to leave us a favor?"

A super-star player doesn't need bad publicity for leaving a team as an FA and no sponsor would support it? REALLY?

Steve Nash?
Alex Rodriguez?
Mark Teixeira?
Jason Giambi?
Jason Bay?
Tracy McGrady?

Any press is good press...Endorsement people care about the bottom line: can they make dollars!!!!!! All that matters is that the player is good, to think that the endorsement company actually gives two shits about the Cleveland Cavaliers and whether they get something back for LeBron is beyond idiotic. I refuse to believe you are really this thick...just admit you hate Walsh and everything he does and this can all be settled.

My Bad!!!!
I should have wrote my P.S. in another thead....this thread is for Knick-Fans opinions and B-Ball knowledge of this year first-round playoffs

KBlack25

Starter
I suppose you are right...this thread is dedicated to such astute predictions as
Nuggets vs Jazz will be an upset.....the Nuggets bumb into the wrong team for the first round. I'm going with the Nuggets b/c no-strategy playoff coach Karl is injured. 8 Games...Mavs vs Spurs will be two 2nd round playoff teams battling all 8 games for the win...Magic in 8

In any case its a shame Charlotte drew Orlando, I think they lose that series but I would have liked to see them go deeper. They would have beaten boston had that been the draw.

I like Atlanta to run through Milwaukee. Atlanta has too much athleticism and without Bogut Horford might pull down 30 a night.

Spurs-Mavs is the series to watch. Seems like an early-2000s series but both teams come in scorching hot. I think the Mavs take it but a loss wouldn't shock me.

I'm excited to get some OKC. But I think lakers take them down with relative ease.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The 2010 Playoffs have finally arrived and we are under the cap to trade where salaries dont have to match for any high price player that did'nt make the playoffs or want to leave his team after the playoffs. Not to mention we have money for the FA market class.
Here's my list of the First Round Series:

Lakers & OKC will be a great series to watch.....veteran stars vs young upcoming stars. I know the Lakers could handle OKC in 5 games but I'm hoping for 7 games.

Nuggets vs Jazz will be an upset.....the Nuggets bumb into the wrong team for the first round.
I'm going with the Nuggets b/c no-strategy playoff coach Karl is injured. 8 Games.

Suns vs Blazers I always looked at Channing Frye as a young Camby. Suns in 5 Games.

Mavs vs Spurs will be two 2nd round playoff teams battling all 8 games for the win.
The Spurs getting knocked off in the first-round..... is hard to believe.
The Mavs getting knocked off in the first round after adding super weapons this season....is hard to believe.

Cavs vs Bulls will probably be the only SWEEP in this playoffs.....I still dont understand how the Bulls can let SG-Ben Gordon, SG-Salmon, and even inconsistent SG-Hughes, go to the next team. Cavs in 4 Games.

Celtics vs Heat will be a the "Hottest" playoff game to watch.
Boston slick ..ss planned this series to make it three in a row seasons of having the highest top ratings in the first round. Will D.Wade and his short bench suprise Boston's long-depth-bench in this series? I doubt it, but the excitement and best highlights will be in this series.
Celtics in 7 Games.

Hawks vs Bucks WTF! Jamal Crawful in the playoffs? with no Bogut and only Kurt Thomas holding things down this will be an easy walk in the park for the Hawks. The Bucks owe big-thanks to a creative rookie Brandon Jennings season. Hawks in 5 Games.

Magic vs Bobcats will center on coach Charlie Brown this guy still wants all the publicity.
His career legend still hold fame as being the coach that will get any team into the playoffs in his 2nd season.
But will coach Charlie Brown finally use his deep depth bench this season in this playoff series vs coach SVG long rotation bench? if he do the Magic got a helluva challenge on their hands in this series.
Will Larry Hughes just play defense (on Nelson & Carter) and let Jackson & Gerald do all the scoring? Magic in 8 games.

Do the Knicks have a chance at the 2010 FA that lose in the first round???
Walsh better get on it the day after the series is over

Great thread. I made a playoff thread yesterday, but yours is more detailed, so I think we should use this one.

I had almost all of the same predictions, except I predicted the Heat to beat the Celtics.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Just so you know Kiya, the Bulls split the season series with the Cavs 2-2. And there is a war of words going on right now between Rose, Noah, and Lebron. Thats just the local slant but that series might be more competetive than you think.

knicksin60

Starter
Just so you know Kiya, the Bulls split the season series with the Cavs 2-2. And there is a war of words going on right now between Rose, Noah, and Lebron. Thats just the local slant but that series might be more competetive than you think.

Are you a Bulls fan?

dre48ny

Rotation player
Depressing, another year and no playoffs! This shit better change next year. This thread shoukd include the NYK next season!! I hope!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend

If PG-D.Rose still had SG-Ben Gordon, SG-Salmon, and Combo-Hindrichs to switch (with) in the backcourt to run their uptempo 3-guard lineup to get Shaq or Big Z tired and in foul trouble.....yeah it wouldve been a competitive series, but the Bulls offense with just Deng can not match points or compete with Lebron, Jamison, and Mo's uptempo running game in a series.

Dont get me wrong, I'm going to watch and compare the lineups coach Del Negro use to "Defend and Matchup" on the top-contender Cavs, throughout their entire series.....just to see what coach Del Negro tell G.M. Paxon the players to go after this draft, trades, and FA market to put with Noah, Deng, and D.Rose.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great thread. I made a playoff thread yesterday, but yours is more detailed, so I think we should use this one.

I had almost all of the same predictions, except I predicted the Heat to beat the Celtics.

The Celtics bench is just "to to" long for the Heat to mess with in a series.
Coach Doc Rivers have to many different "trio" of combination to throw at the Heat's 2nd season young coach.
But D.Wade is going to bring da excitement in this one series to matchup with the excitement of a Kobe or a Lebron's series.

jimkcchief88

All Star
If PG-D.Rose still had SG-Ben Gordon, SG-Salmon, and Combo-Hindrichs to switch (with) in the backcourt to run their uptempo 3-guard lineup to get Shaq or Big Z tired and in foul trouble.....yeah it wouldve been a competitive series, but the Bulls offense with just Deng can not match points or compete with Lebron, Jamison, and Mo's uptempo running game in a series.

Dont get me wrong, I'm going to watch and compare the lineups coach Del Negro use to "Defend and Matchup" on the top-contender Cavs, throughout their entire series.....just to see what coach Del Negro tell G.M. Paxon the players to go after this draft, trades, and FA market to put with Noah, Deng, and D.Rose.

I tend to agree, I think the Bullies made a big mistake getting rid of "Air Gordon." He was clutch.... But Rose/Heirich can present problems in the backcourt because both can play either 1/2.... They had 69 combined points in a game last week..... I think the X factor will be Shaq.... If he is 100%, Cleveland will slow the game down and Shaq will give the Bulls frontcourt fits... But if the Bullies can get the Cavs running, it could be competetive.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Are you a Bulls fan?

Naw, but they are on so I watch em'. I'm a basketball fan and its local interest. The sad part is if the Knicks had done ANYTHING right in the past five years, they could be in the playoffs.... Look what drafting Jennings did for the Bucks, instant cred.... And we passed on him because "we weren't aware he was that good..." even though we knew all about the "Cock" from Italy.... Just fustrating year in year out the Knicks missing the playoffs... I have almost forgotten and younger fans barely remember....

Paul1355

All Star
I'm picking the Thunder over the Lakers...i see that upset....Jazz will get knocked out because of Boozer's injury

Celtics won't make it

Cavs vs Magic

Thunder vs Spurs

Then Cavs will win in six or seven to the Thunder

pat

Starter
Look what drafting Jennings did for the Bucks, instant cred.... And we passed on him because "we weren't aware he was that good..."

Well, you can see what has happened to them after Bogut's injury. Although Jennigs had that 55 pts game, he is not the single most important reason they made the playoffs. He's a one piece of a puzzle.

Kiyaman

Legend
Depressing, another year and no playoffs! This shit better change next year. This thread shoukd include the NYK next season!! I hope!!!!

The Knicks were suppose to make the 2009 playoffs and the 2010 playoffs.

The Knicks had the players at the start of the season to challenge both the Bulls and Bucks for their playoffs spot.
But our headcoach cant go pass a 7-Man rotation.
Playing Duhon for 32 mpg for 50 games straight when we had Nate, Hughes, and Douglas sitting on the bench like a fan.
Those 4 guards was suppose to take care of the Backcourt rotation.
Wilson Chandler shouldve never played one minute at the guard spot.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
The Knicks were suppose to make the 2009 playoffs and the 2010 playoffs.

The Knicks had the players at the start of the season to challenge both the Bulls and Bucks for their playoffs spot.
But our headcoach cant go pass a 7-Man rotation.
Playing Duhon for 32 mpg for 50 games straight when we had Nate, Hughes, and Douglas sitting on the bench like a fan.
Those 4 guards was suppose to take care of the Backcourt rotation.
Wilson Chandler shouldve never played one minute at the guard spot.
What do you know??

He strikes again. Irrelevant, off-topic posts with no facts.

Would we really be challenging the Bulls and Bucks???

Last I checked each of those teams had STARS (Bulls: Rose, Bucks: Bogut and Jennings), and a good core of complementary players (Bulls: Deng, Noah, Hinrich, Gibson Bucks: Salmons, Delfino, Ilya, Mbha Moute) that are superior to our players (in my opinion...not asserting this as fact). You may very well be right that we would challenge for a playoff spot, but there's as much truth to that statement as there is to saying our current team would make the playoffs. There's no way to know, thus there is no point in using that in an argument that needs FACTS to support a claim.

It's as if you think no one has ever heard your opinion...WE GET YOUR OPINION OF D'ANTONI AND GALLO.

You once again shoot down the hopes of a Knicks FAN and assert the same ole' irrelevant argument that has nothing to do with the thread...You'd think since you were the creator of the thread, that you would know its purpose, but apparently not.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
My Bad!!!!
I should have wrote my P.S. in another thead....this thread is for Knick-Fans opinions and B-Ball knowledge of this year first-round playoffs

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This is ironic considering you appear to:

1.disregard your own words and go off topic in every single thread you post on.

2. You shoot down every optimistic Knick fan with irrelevant shit from the past that has no bearing on the future (playing time of scrubs like Darko...etc.)

3. You have NO bball knowledge, considering you call Wilson Chandler a "dominant" player

4. You seem to have no knowledge of the first round playoff teams considering you think a depleted Knicks squad is better talentwise than teams with bonafide stars.

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS KIYAJOKE

Kiyaman

Legend
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This is ironic considering you appear to:

1.disregard your own words and go off topic in every single thread you post on.

2. You shoot down every optimistic Knick fan with irrelevant shit from the past that has no bearing on the future (playing time of scrubs like Darko...etc.)

3. You have NO bball knowledge, considering you call Wilson Chandler a "dominant" player

4. You seem to have no knowledge of the first round playoff teams considering you think a depleted Knicks squad is better talentwise than teams with bonafide stars.

u really are annoying now.....what the hell do u know about B-Ball? nothing!
Did u write Bonafide Stars!!!!! are u serious?
The Bulls and Bucks got a future super-star PG in D.Rose and Jennings carrying a team with some decent position players (Kobe, Wade, CP3, and Lebron had a winning weak team in their career).
The Bulls won 41 games two seasons in a row.
The Bucks won 34 games last season, and 46 wins this year off the strength of Jennings running the point.

:update:NYKuniversity.....u r a irritable person that deserves no-response